Kaiju Mesozoica - HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Voyager
Keizer

Kaiju Mesozoica - HUB

Post by Voyager »

We have so many futuristic RPGs but why not one set in a composite Mesozoic age? This RPG will explore what kaiju life was like during the age of the dinosaurs. Since it’s fictional and composite, you can use dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures from the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous.

Also, I’d like to make this RPG a bit more... realistic compared to my last two. How can I get this across? No energy/breath weapons! Sounds strange, eh? Well, I want this to be slightly more grounded so I’d rather not have kaiju spit mountain-destroying beams of death. Instead, I’ve come up with an alternate...

Talents! Talents are a single ability a kaiju can use for non-combat purposes like intimidation, helping with food, etc.

Along with the lack of beams, I’d like to change the size mechanic. There are tiers of monsters and they go as followed.
- Tier 1: 10-21 metres. 50-120 tons.
- Tier 2: 22-30 metres. 121-230 tons.
- Tier 3: 31-45 metres. 231-310 tons.
- Tier 4: 46-59 metres. 311-450 tons.
- Tier 5: 60-70 metres. 451-570 tons.

Since I’m not cruel, however, once again, fan monsters will be accepted with open arms.

Now I want to introduce the Animal Profile! It’s really just the same as the kaiju profile, but scaled down. No tiering system.

Here’s to a good RPG!

Baragon

Species: Giant Subterranean Dinosaur
Tier: 3
Height: 34 metres.
Weight: 279 tons.
Talent: Bio-Luminescent Horn.
Baragon’s horn can emit light. This is used to lighten up dark areas, and soften rock.
Habitat: All except dense forest, oceans and desert.
Diet: Carnivourus.

Description: Baragon is a horned dinosaur that evolved 97 MYA. It is a voracious hunter and will not hesitate to feed on other kaiju, and smaller animals alike. While having an average intelligence, Baragon is very formidable and agile, being a worthy opponent for many kaiju who face him...

Hyperion

Species: Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
Length: 15.1 metres.
Weight: 7000 kilograms.
Habitat: Coastal Mangrove Swamps, Coastal Mud-Flats, Coastal Beaches
Diet: Piscivorous

Description: Hyperion is an adult Spinosaurus with a nonchalant attitude. He prefers not to get into the affairs of others and is rather reclusive ands shy. He can often be seen bathing in the crystal clear water munching on a fish. Hyperion, while shy, is not afraid to fight when he has too, as he’s fought off a pack of Baryonyx after they’ve encroached on his kill. Hyperion is relaxed, but a fierce dinosaur.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Kaiju Mesozoica - HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

Hmmm. I'm interested, but here's an idea: since you're going with a composite 'Mesozoic' full of kaiju and realism is out of the picture anyway, why don't we bring in cavemen and prehistoric mammals for an old-school dinosaur movie kind of setting? Some human characters will probably help us string together a story that can amount to slightly more than just 'monsters/dinosaurs fight', and maybe ensure that this thing survives a little while. I've had a half-baked idea to start a game like that for a long time, anyway, but I've been too lazy to go through with it. :lol:

Also, any problem with some of the dinosaurs being retrosaurs? The kaiju are pretty close to that already.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

JAGzilla wrote:Hmmm. I'm interested, but here's an idea: since you're going with a composite 'Mesozoic' full of kaiju and realism is out of the picture anyway, why don't we bring in cavemen and prehistoric mammals for an old-school dinosaur movie kind of setting? Some human characters will probably help us string together a story that can amount to slightly more than just 'monsters/dinosaurs fight', and maybe ensure that this thing survives a little while. I've had a half-baked idea to start a game like that for a long time, anyway, but I've been too lazy to go through with it. :lol:

Also, any problem with some of the dinosaurs being retrosaurs? The kaiju are pretty close to that already.
If this gets through, I'm pumping out a slurpasaur.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:Hmmm. I'm interested, but here's an idea: since you're going with a composite 'Mesozoic' full of kaiju and realism is out of the picture anyway, why don't we bring in cavemen and prehistoric mammals for an old-school dinosaur movie kind of setting? Some human characters will probably help us string together a story that can amount to slightly more than just 'monsters/dinosaurs fight', and maybe ensure that this thing survives a little while. I've had a half-baked idea to start a game like that for a long time, anyway, but I've been too lazy to go through with it. :lol:

If this gets through, I'm pumping out a slurpasaur.
Hmm... Humans? Retrosaurs?

Yes. It'll fill out the world even more!
For Emperor and Empire!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

This seems fun. Only downside is I cant make a kaiju girl lol
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Name: Krogg
Species: Homo neanderthalensis
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 190 lb
Habitat: As the name would suggest, the Hole People make their current home in an old tunnel bored out of the earth by the great god Baragon. This tunnel is located in a flat floodplain not far from Hyperion's current coastal swamp.
Diet: Omnivorous

Description: Krogg is his tribe's greatest hunter and warrior, and looks the part. A powerfully built giant of man with a wild tangle of dark brown hair, his tanned, weather-beaten skin is crisscrossed with scars. He normally wears crude buckskin pants and moccasins, also donning a poncho made from a Smilodon pelt if the weather requires it. His chest is adorned with a large painted white sickle claw, and an actual claw of the same type hangs from a cord around his neck, a trophy taken from a Utahraptor he slew in his youth.

He is skilled in all the many arts of his trades, including the use of various types of weapon. He most often wields a hefty club, a stone head lashed to a fire-hardened wood handle, or his prized possession, a spear tipped by a Stegosaurus tail spike.

Name: Spearface
Species: Centrosaurus nasicornus (Harryhausen retrosaur style)
Length: 19'
Weight: 8 tons
Age: Mature adult (not sure off hand how quickly ceratopsians age)
Habitat: The same floodplain as the Hole People.
Diet: Herbivorous.

Description: Spearface is Krogg's noble steed, a huge, ferocious bull ceratopsian the hunter raised from an egg. He is a brave and loyal companion, and will carry his master fearlessly into battle. He won't hesitate to fight Krogg's enemies, either; the forward-curved nasal horn that is his namesake isn't just for attracting mates, after all. Spearface's scales are a dark chocolate brown with a lighter underbelly, and two striking splotches of dark blue adorn his frill. Krogg has also dyed the tip of his horn bright red; this not only makes him look more fearsome, but the elders agree that it may increase his ferocity in battle as well.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Name: Yaar'danin
Species: Allenopodus irwinii (slurpasaur)
Length: 40 feet
Weight: 10 tons
Habitat: Plains and forests
Diet: Entirely carnivorous.

Description: Yaar'danin is usually passive but when she hunts, she's nothing short of vicious. The tusks that jut from her jaw are used to stab prey and keep them in place for the final bite. At the other end of her body are spikes that while looking like a thagomizer, are used primarily for digging nests.

The creature's legs can take her very far, almost outmatching a horse in speed. Also, the fleshy crest at the top of her head is used to make a unique mating call. A sail, that can be lowered for multiple reasons, adorns her back. While her scales are usually a yellowish-brown color, they change during certain seasons. Allenopodi are usually very social animals but a volcanic eruption killed Yaar'danin's packmates, leaving her to fend for herself.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I made a mockup of Yaar'danin in MS Paint. Here it is.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Godzillasaurus
Species: Giant Amphibious Dinosaur
Tier: 3
Height: 40 meters
Weight: 300 tons
Talent: Amphibiousness
Godzillasaurus is a semi-aquatic creature, able to breathe underwater and being an adept swimmer
Habitat: Islands, Rainforests, Marshlands, Jungles
Diet: Omnivorous

Description: Godzillasaurus is an unusual species of semi-aquatic theropod that can be commonly found in the water. Reclusive and surprisingly good at hiding, Godzillasaurus tends not to make his presence known unless he feels threatened or is on the hunt.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA