Battle of the Multiverse Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: Battle of the Multiverse Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

I honestly think that’d be an even better punishment than straight up death. Just have Thanos floating aimlessly through space inside a giant text box :for eternity lol:.

#BotM

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Okay, FINALLY finished my post, lol. It's a doozy.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

So, should Jake actually talk about the whole sealing ritual on page or should that be discussed over PMs?

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well, I'm definitely hyped over that last post! I'll get to work writing mine today; it'll probably be a doozy too though, lol.

#BotM

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

EdGojira wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:19 am So, should Jake actually talk about the whole sealing ritual on page or should that be discussed over PMs?
It would make the most sense if everyone was on the same page logically in-universe, so having Jake talk about the sealing process in the story is the best choice.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

So, with the RP slowly coming to a close... I thought I’d highlight my favorite characters from it. I also want to highlight my favorite moments later on.

Favorite Characters
- The ninjas. They have a nice sibling bond, and I like the amusing banter they have with one another. Their interactions with the floofs are always fun.
- The Quatheral. They’re a wholesome bunch (well, Drillgore aside), and all very unique. From Howo being the good ol’ "big and friendly" kind of character I like so much to Evoex’s hilarious dialogue to Chthelee protecting his friends to Fiotto offering tea to everything and everyone, they’re a cute little group. And Drillgore is a legit spooky villain. Also, I’m just happy with the fact that there’s an alien creature out there wearing a sweater.
- Yzazil. Yzzy. Yzzyyyyyyyyy. I like the idea of an atoning warrior, and he’s quite honorable. He doesn’t mess around with threats despite his (fairly newfound) kindness, though. And he visually looks like a WoW DK, which is cool.
- Sven is a bro.
- Fray is the weirdest dog friend.
- Nyx. Along with Evoex and Dea, her dialogue is some of the funniest. I still giggle when I think of the "Now, eat sh"/ and DIE!" she yelled before firing missiles at Persy and Alabaster.
- Nichelle and Doris. Treating them as a duo deal because they started that way and Nichelle absorbed Doris or something. Doris’ degenerate behavior was amusing, especially Nichelle’s reactions to it.
- Jake. He likes metal. I like metal.
- Tengri. He reminds me of the Mogu in WoW.

Edit:

Villains when they go up against Koko:

(Also when she pulls up the sleeves of her coat)

When the Doom Svartsot music kicks in. #themesongpowerup
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I actually have my big flashback post very close to ready (there was an incident that set me back a lot) but now I'm waiting to post because I read G165 has a doozy of a post in the works and I want to cut them a break. The post is in response to Daeva after all.
Last edited by EdGojira on Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It’s coming along guys! Hopefully I should be done by tomorrow.

#BotM

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

if anyone was wondering "Where's the Persephone section of Gira's post", well, here it is now.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Giratina93 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:34 am if anyone was wondering "Where's the Persephone section of Gira's post", well, here it is now.
Hilariously, I think Ibana’s ultimate fate was less harsh in this retelling than it was in the original game. She just can’t catch a break.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Ooooh, do I smell and uneasy alliance with Persephone coming on??

Aaaand I’m finally done with that big boi; I’m going to bed now :lol:. Sorry it took so long everyone!

#BotM

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

"YOU'RE SO SILLY..."

"WHO ARE YOU RUNNING FROM?"

This amazing piece was done by spiritcatcher!! :D https://spiritcatcher.tumblr.com/
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Look at that handsome devil. That's pretty damn cool, MB :D!

#BotM

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I remixed a song in FL Studio a month and a half ago and I think the ninjas would approve of it lol. It's from an old ninja game.

Http://chirb.it/dFrDvs

(The original is here)
Last edited by Beast Blood on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Beast Blood wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:10 pm I remixed a song in FL Studio a month and a half ago and I think the ninjas would approve of it lol. It's from an old ninja game.

Http://chirb.it/dFrDvs

(The original is here)
Daeva would boogie her little heart out to that lol. That’s a banger!

#BotM

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I was supposed to spend the day revamping Korraz stats page and ended up making a meme instead because I got bored of writing.

-sigh-

Oh well... At least I can channel that Koko energy to gain the inspiration I need to finish reworking her stats, right? And certainly not play WoW instead.

Right?

Edit:

Just found this in my documents; fun facts about the Borskall gurl trio:

- Gaiyan is the youngest of them, and Glaxion is the oldest, with Korraz right in the middle. Their age in human years is roughly 30 years for Gaiyan, 35 for Korraz and 40 for Glaxion. In other words, you pretty much just take out the last digit in their number of years to get their approximate age translated to hooman.

- Due to their difference in age and size, Glax and Koko tend to see Gaiyan as their little sister, and she sees them as the older sisters she never had. Despite the fact that Gaiyan is the youngest, she moms them both when it's time to take meds, and they listen. Both of them are very protective of Gaiyan.

- Since Glax tends to have the habit of rushing head-first into things, Gaiy and Koko tend to travel together most often. It works to Koko's advantage, as Gaiyan often serves as her interpreter when someone doesn't understand her hand signs.

- Glaxion and Korraz were not always friends. While Korraz wanted to be friends from the start, Glaxion took a while to accept her. While initially hyped to have an absolute unit like Koko among them, Glaxion was disappointed when the warrior she thought would curbstomp their enemies instead turned out to be a pacifist and downright refused to fight at times. Gaiyan tried to have them get to know each other better. Glaxion thought of Korraz as cowardly, until she learned exactly why Koko was so bitter at the idea of violence. Learning each other’s stories helped them understand their different motives. Despite their contrasting personalities and viewpoints, they did share a surprising much in common. In particular, both had lost cubs. Still, frustrated with Korraz refusing to do more than wrestle foes into submissions and not outright defeating them during a particularly tough battle, Glaxion pointed out that if she had been a little bit more assertive in the past, her people might still be alive today. Gaiyan was shocked to see this level of viciousness she did not expect even from Glax, and saddened to see Korraz, who was normally her calm and patient self when dealing with Glaxion, visibly flinch at the comment; the hurt was evident in her eyes. However, Glaxion regretted her words as soon as they left her mouth, but her pride and the fact that she was not very good with words to begin with prevented her from properly apologizing to her. It was up to Gaiyan to try and comfort her, so she went to find Korraz, who had retreated to a quiet corner to reflect and meditate (and to give Glax some space that she obviously needed). To the healer, Korraz said that while she was hurt by Glaxion's comment, she did think Glaxion had a point in that she was too peaceful. Some battles could not be fought with words or harmless protesting.
When Glaxion's hammer was broken by their enemies, which had in turn broken Glaxion as she tends to treat her hammer as a bit of a cub surrogate, Korraz decided to brush the dust off her blacksmithing skills and, with encouragement from Sirmaq, repaired her hammer. Glax decided to give her a break after that. But the thing that softened her up most towards Koko is the fact that she actually saved her life. After being wounded by an enemy warrior, Glaxion’s heart stopped for several seconds, and Gaiyan wasn't there to help. She would’ve died then and there if Korraz didn’t use her electric powers to basically shock her heart back to life, turning her paw into an impromptu defibrillator. Realizing Korraz had literally saved her life, and with all she had done for her before, Glax thought she was wrong to have been so harsh on her and decided to treat her with the respect she deserved.
Helping to cement their bond/friendship was also Gaiyan and Koko teaching Glax how to use sign language to better understand her. Nowadays, the two often fight side-by-side, strategically using their different strengths to overcome their foes.

- Gaiyan, being Gaiyan, of course accepted Korraz right from the start. With her empathy, and as a healer (and plainly having functioning freaking eyes able to see Koko's scars), she could tell right away her new friend had seen a lot. She wanted to help her deal with the past trauma that still haunted her, but would do so patiently; she hoped Koko, a loner for most of her life, would slowly come out of her shell and open up a bit more. And sure enough, with time and patience, she did.

- When they first met, Glaxion thought Korraz was just being oddly quiet or otherwise refusing to talk, not realizing some of Koko's scars went right across her laryngeal nerve (which Gaiyan subtly pointed out). Gaiyan, of course, could easily tell Koko was physically mute, and recognized her use of sign language. They wondered if she was also deaf, so Glaxion decided to test it out; she whistled when Koko had her back turned and Korraz, standing a distance away, turned back to look at her to see what was up, showing her hearing was fine. Both of them are rather curious what her voice sounded like.
- Gaiyan is right-handed. Glaxion is ambidextrous (originally right-handed, but learning to use her opposite hand when her right arm was broken at some point). Korraz is left-handed, much to the annoyance of Glax who refuses to sit at her left to avoid being bumped by her arm every time she moves it. Though, with how big Koko is, people sitting at her right also get nudged now and then.

- Glaxion was not amused when Korraz told her that, as a blacksmith, she technically hits things with hammers more often than Glax does. Gaiyan, for herself, thought it rather funny, then a bit worrying when Glax asked Koko if this was a challenge.

- Koko's sign names for Glaxion and Gaiyan are "HAMMER-WARRIOR" and "GREEN-DOCTOR" respectively. While there's technically nothing stopping her from simply fingerspelling their names, most people will better know who she's talking about with these briefly descriptive nicknames. She refers to Hod as simply "RAVEN" or by spelling out "H-O-D" on her fingers.

- Glaxion has the habit of sleeping with her hammer next to her bed or holding onto it. Korraz and Gaiyan think it's equally endearing and heartbreaking, knowing how much she cherishes the thing.

- Glaxion was initially hesitant to hold Korraz's daughter in her arms after she was born, but Koko encouraged her. For Glaxion, it meant a lot for her to show her this much trust. If Korraz and Maqie are busy, Glaxion and Gaiyan will often be the ones taking care of the cubs, or Bronrod if he is around. Glaxion thinks Korraz's cubs are hearty little warriors, and they in turn adore their "aunt".

- Gaiyan finds it very hard not to laugh at some of Glaxion's sarcastic comments when she needs to remain serious or otherwise impartial. Likewise, even Korraz finds some of them pretty funny, but she's at least better at hiding her amusement by virtue of being silent; Gaiyan has to actively stifle her snickering. The fact that she's known to be a near-perpetual smiler at least helps somewhat.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

When Glaxion's hammer was broken by their enemies, which had in turn broken Glaxion as she tends to treat her hammer as a bit of a cub surrogate, Korraz decided to brush the dust off her blacksmithing skills and, with encouragement from Sirmaq, repaired her hammer. Glax decided to give her a break after that. But the thing that softened her up most towards Koko is the fact that she actually saved her life. After being wounded by an enemy warrior, Glaxion’s heart stopped for several seconds, and Gaiyan wasn't there to help. She would’ve died then and there if Korraz didn’t use her electric powers to basically shock her heart back to life, turning her paw into an impromptu defibrillator. Realizing Korraz had literally saved her life, and with all she had done for her before, Glax thought she was wrong to have been so harsh on her and decided to treat her with the respect she deserved.
Helping to cement their bond/friendship was also Gaiyan and Koko teaching Glax how to use sign language to better understand her. Nowadays, the two often fight side-by-side, strategically using their different strengths to overcome their foes.
It's just so precious :cry:.

#BotM

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Sorry for my radio silence, this has been a very busy few days for me. Hopefully I can get a post up and running this week!
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I've decided to add Jake talking about the info on the sealing ritual into the same post as Other's flashback. I'm trying to deliberate on if the idea I had for the ritual is actually good enough to start writing. I still overthink things sometimes. At least my indecisiveness isn't hurting things as bad now that Daeva knows.

Edit: Goddamn, I forgot to mention the profiles for Hercules's monsters. At least one who has already got a scene to herself might just be more important than I imagined. How does Taifage sound? Portmanteau of the Japanese translations I found for "typhoon" and "lizard."
Last edited by EdGojira on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Taifage sounds fine to me, Ed.

EDIT: You know something, I'm surprised that, in all of our different little games and zanny activities here, we've never done like a faux "Fantasy match" before. Well, after some careful thinking, and a bit to drink after work, I've decided to fix that :lol:. Just a bit of goofy fun while we're in some down time. We'll see if this even goes anywhere to begin with, lol.

First match: Ubie vs World Breaker Hulk

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bat ... 0515011741

https://www.cbr.com/things-worldbreaker-hulk-can-do/

Arena: Noon Harvest (Sorry, Sandman).

Rules:

1. Fighters aren't "bloodlusted". Retreating, or a KO would net either combatant a win, for example.

2. Ubel has Soul Ravager to start, but can summon Hellsbane after 10 minutes.

Verdict: Honestly, I can see this being a pretty brutal fight once things really kick off. Ubel and his more passive nature would probably leave him at a disadvantage to start. But, after he sees that Hulk is a threat, then his speed and skill, combined with his ninja strength and abilities will eventually give him the win. Hellsbane coming into the fray after 10 minutes will be the death knell, if the fight comes to that.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM