The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

Update: Alright, so I’m terribly, terribly sorry about my long absence, guys. Life really got in the way of something like this for me, and a whole bunch of drama with a specific, and surprising family member went down recently that I won’t get into to keep that kind of stuff out of this place. Plus, I really just didn’t have the time, inspiration nor energy to write much of anything.

In any case, I’m back now and will have that time jump post up after I get off work later. It’s nothing special nor long as I ultimately decided to cut a bunch out of it, but it should do its job at least in getting things moving again.

And thank you all for your enormous amounts of patience, too.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

'Enormous amounts of patience', he says. :lol:

This from the guy who has been the rock-solid backbone of the RPG board for years, always present, always playing and striving to keep these games alive while they invariably crumble around his ears because nobody else (myself regularly included) has the attention span to stick with them. And then he doesn't even complain about it!

I think you've earned the right to miss a week over legitimate real-world problems, 165. ;)
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Thank you, JAG, that means a ton coming from you, mate ;). Don’t worry, everyone, a post is still coming today I swear! I’ve just gotta get off work later and settled in first.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Basically this RP:
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Annnd, finally the post is up. My God, I didn't think I'd ever get the bloody thing out.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Me when I see that G165 posted:

That post waited SO LONG. But I'm not blaming anyone, just glad that it's finally there. Honestly may even add filler to it just to carry other aspects of my story along.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Nice work G156. I’ll have my part of the story up later. Haha you would post it when I was planning to get of my ass and finish an original monster’s bio I’ve been working on.

Oh well both are fun to do.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Missingno. wrote:Me when I see that G165 posted:

That post waited SO LONG. But I'm not blaming anyone, just glad that it's finally there. Honestly may even add filler to it just to carry other aspects of my story along.
Filler away if you’d like, dude! We need some levity after all the craziness I think.
Monster X wrote:Nice work G156. I’ll have my part of the story up later. Haha you would post it when I was planning to get of my ass and finish an original monster’s bio I’ve been working on.

Oh well both are fun to do.
Thanks man! Yeah, you’ll learn that my posting times are pretty... Unconventional, much to myself and everyone else’s detriment :lol:.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Eh, I had nothing to do tonight so I typed up a quickie on my phone as a response to Monster X’s post. I’m liking where the story is going.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

A new roleplay, huh? :eyesemoji:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Mmm yesss indeed. *Dangles RP fruit alluringly in front of Vat's face.*
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I’ve got to admit, it’s very tempting....

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

This time tomorrow, I'll know the current full extent of Legendary Godzilla's powers, though it probably won't have me wanting to change much, most likely. XD We will know tomorrow though, as I'll see G:KOTM(2019) then. But at any rate, he's just going to continue to sit on the sidelines, watch and observe, see what the protectors do, what that "pretender to the throne" will do and so on. Walterrus and Byakkan will be continuing to head on their current courses to... whatever waits them I guess. XD;; But I can do a post with Cole and the KDRC, see the fall-out of his "Formal Introduction to the Public," and get some background proper on the KDRC.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I’m considering introducing a kaiju known as Shirojira; a reclusive albino female Gojiran stirred by the surface activity of the other invasive kaiju. Of the same species as Godzilla and Gojira, but less interested in “balance” and “domination” than her male counterparts, and more interested in other, more abstract concepts, as well as whatever serves to benefit her.

I’d also be willing to take up a human character or two, and perhaps “fodder” kaiju like Kamakura? Or something similar?

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

What the hell, I think we can spare some room for one more, “primary” monster, especially some more humans as well. Let’s go, Vatsy, let’s see what you’ve got whipped up.

#BotM

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Name: Shirojira
Height: 70 meters (“ear” horns extend another meter or so, but it’s debatable whether those should really be included)
Weight: 66,000 tons
Appearance: Shirojira is an albino Gojiran, and as such, the whole of her body is ghostly pale, never going much darker than an off-white grey along her flanks and the crown of her head.
She’s plumper and bulkier by far than her more well-known male counterpart, with a thick tail and neck, heavy, powerful limbs, and a pugnacious snout full of teeth that hang down over her lower lip even when her maw is shut. She possesses large, sharp, jagged dorsal spines, so great as to appear almost overdeveloped (think G2000). They are tinged a metallic, dingy purple-grey near the base, but fade to the same white as the rest of her body further out. The “ear” holes on her head are covered by noticeable, spiny, protrusions, which give her an almost horned look. Her eyes are a luminescent tyrian purple, and her pupils are almost perpetually slitted during daytime hours.

Both her forelimbs and her hindfeet possess large, curved, white, nearly translucent talons, which appear somewhat similarly overdeveloped as her dorsal scutes.

Her entire body is covered in thorny, protruding, overlapping armored scales, save for her underbelly and throat, which are softer and smoother, the latter bearing gills.

Her tail is larger and longer than what is considered normal for Gojirans and, near the end, stretches out into a spiny paddle of segmented armored scutes not dissimilar to that of a crocodile or alligator,

Both her spines and the manifestation of her atomic fire possess a distinctive violet hue, and appear somewhat more chaotic and unstable than those of other Gojirans.

Powers/Abilities: Shirojira lacks the capacity to project a focused “beam” from her mouth like most Gojirans, possibly as some genetic complication effecting her biology in comorbidity with her albinism, but her overall radioactive fury and capacity are no less terrifying than any other of her species. Indeed, while she cannot generate a controlled beam, she is very capable of emitting devastating radial nuclear pulses hot enough to liquify tungsten and staggering enough to flatten skylines one after another. She can also pour chaotic, frothing tides of violet nuclear fire from her mouth, though this remains a relatively short-range weapon compared to most kaiju beams, and could be compared in form to rather messy dragonfire.

She is also extremely durable, even by the standards of Gojirans, her extra armor plating and fat and muscle rendering her very difficult to harm even by the standards of her own infamous species. She is capable of regenerating extremely grievous injuries over a relatively short period of time, like others of her kind, but due to a genetic flaw relating to her albinism, doing so puts her into an almost involuntary unconscious state, and after sustaining a mortal wound, she will become nearly narcoleptic the moment she is out of combat, losing consciousness in fits and spurts until her body is healed.

While she is somewhat slower on foot and more hesitant to leap and dash about than the male Gojiran named “Godzilla” who is by now famous and infamous worldwide, it would be a sorrowful mistake to assume that she’s less capable of grappling in close quarters, where her large teeth and claws render her especially deadly, or even from some distance, which she can easily close with a deadly strike from her spined tail, which possesses a crocodilian, paddle-like tip neatly doubling as a heavy weapon capable of both battering and flaying other Kaiju.

Shiro is a very capable swimmer, possessing gills as well as lungs, and her massive, paddle-light tail augments her speed and maneuverability below the waves.

She is roughly as strong as others of her kind, but unlike the showy males of her species, has no interest in lifting or tossing other kaiju to show it, preferring to simply disembowel them with her claws or teeth instead, or coil her ponderous body and tail around them and constrict them till their bones break.
She is capable of leaping high into the air to snatch skyborne opponents down if need absolutely be, but due to her high weight and rather large tail, it requires significant crouching and a great deal of consideration regarding the balance of her considerable mass and very large tail, and is not something she will perform unless she sees no other way to get to something out of her reach.

Owing to a mutation caused her albinism, Shirojira possesses the ability to both receive and project telepathic impulses, and she can understand and think in several languages she has absorbed over the eons. Her telepathy is not strong enough to control or severely effect either humans or other monsters. Indeed, in most altercations and run-ins with other beings, she doesn’t bother communicating at all. Overusing this ability causes her rehabilitating migraines.

Personality: Shirojira is more cautious and calculating than others of her kind, for the most part. She will avoid combat unless a rival species or creature is between her and something she desperately wants, with no alternative to reaching her goal, or unless she believes she can bully a combatant out of the fight with relative ease.

If she is attacked by an equal of superior force, she will not hesitate to backpedal or retreat, lacking the imperative to dominate and prove herself in battle like certain other Gojirans. But should they turn their backs, or place themselves in a vulnerable position in the process of foolishly advancing on her?

She won’t hesitate to burn them to ash, strangle the life out of them, or gut them with enormous, glinting claws and fangs, either.

An opportunist and pragmatist to the core, her central goals pertain to feeding herself, keeping out of the way of undue harm, and, ultimately, finding something like security on a new and unfamiliar earth.

She possesses the same human-like intellect others of her kind do, but rather than devoting it to simplistic or immediate goals, she puts most of her capacity for thought to use trying to understand her surroundings, and what course of action benefits her most in the very long run.

She is not entirely adverse to working with other kaiju or species if it seems beneficial to her in some way, but she is extremely distrustful and wary, so much so that one might almost call her attitude towards interpersonal relations “paranoid”.

Backstory(if you want): Due to her albinism, Shirojira was ostracized from the territorial disputes and traditions of her own kind in days of old, as a juvenile. Sometimes even ganged up on and severely beaten and mauled due to her strange, ghostly coloration.

Eons later, now an adult, she carries the wary resentment and pragmatism those experiences instilled in her as a child, and takes them to heart within the context of most endeavors she approaches.

She does not share the same domineering, territorial impulses her famous, normally-colored counterpart does. She does not want to be “King of The Monsters”, burn the world, or maintain balance. She just wants whats best for her in the long-term. To insure her own continued survival and to understand the strange forces at play to day on a planet which was never welcoming to her in the first place.
Last edited by Vatarian on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Just got back from G:KOTM, and boy, that was a great movie. First viewing and it's already in my top ten faves. Oh? Oh, right, Gojira's powers. XP I'm not going to make any changes to the profile yet, at least, not until the no-spoilers time frame is up. Hell, I can't even say much else about it due to it being serious spoiler territory. But I guarantee you, when Godzilla and Gojira meet, it is going to be one VERY interesting fight. At least, in a few months from now, given the usual progression rate of rps around here. XD;; So by that time, the spoiler policy won't be in effect. (Watch as the RP suddenly gets to a point where it'll happen before the policy effect ends.)

You know, I may make another Mothra in the future, if someone else doesn't. Battra and Belvera need a rival after all, and I love what they did with her in G:KOTM, but we'll get to her in time.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gonna have my own post up here soon. It's going to be Gamera and Black Hole Alien focused instead of MechaGodzilla since I want to see what happens before I have him strike again.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Sounds good, that'll play nicely with the downtime that we have right now.
Dr. Carter wrote:Just got back from G:KOTM, and boy, that was a great movie. First viewing and it's already in my top ten faves. Oh? Oh, right, Gojira's powers. XP I'm not going to make any changes to the profile yet, at least, not until the no-spoilers time frame is up. Hell, I can't even say much else about it due to it being serious spoiler territory. But I guarantee you, when Godzilla and Gojira meet, it is going to be one VERY interesting fight. At least, in a few months from now, given the usual progression rate of rps around here. XD;; So by that time, the spoiler policy won't be in effect. (Watch as the RP suddenly gets to a point where it'll happen before the policy effect ends.)

You know, I may make another Mothra in the future, if someone else doesn't. Battra and Belvera need a rival after all, and I love what they did with her in G:KOTM, but we'll get to her in time.
Yeah, we'll be in for an absolute blinder of a fight when those two eventually clash. I'm still looking forward to the eventual fights with Walterrus, Gamera, Anguirus, and our newest member: Shirojira. Which makes her accepted and ready to go, Vats.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I look forward to those fights as well. XD All in good time though.

Quick question though that I've been meaning to ask. Godzilla165, where's the updates to the first post for quick reference of the approved characters? It's been a while since that was last updated. ^^;;