The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

Breakdown wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:Mhm, this idea was honestly a spur of the moment type of deal in the first place, something that just came to mind like, 2 days ago maybe. So after the sequels and whatnot, depending upon if we have the grace of the RP gods, we do a Godzillaverse thing.

When that happens, Shin is all yours, Gojiwars ;).
Wait what?? I called him like 10 pages ago but we had "too many Godzillas" but now we've had 2 more Godzilla's since then.
Ohhh right, *slaps forehead*, you did call him. I legitimately forgot about that, mate, sorry. Yeah, sorry, Gojiwars, Shin is technically Breakdown’s freakish abomination unless stated otherwise. Sorry guys.

I kind of side with Missi on this one with the Godzillaverse. As much as it'd be fun, and could open the door to other possibilities, it might be best to hold off for the time being. The decision is ultimately yours, Godzilla165. Also, yes, I remember Breakdown making that dib call a while back. Though I don't know where the second Godzilla was after that one... I know there is the main Godzilla, Godzilla Junior, Gojira and Shirojira(If Vatarian decides to return) was the other one... Where's the second Godzilla to come after Shirojira?
I believe that was it, unless we want to count MechaGodzilla’s disguise as one, but that’d really be a technicality. It’s just for this smaller scaled story, to me, three (or four, depending if Vats ever returns), Godzillas is enough for the time being. Later on, as things expand in future games, there could be more mutations like Shin pop up as mankind stupidly continues to use radiation, but even then, I’d say to keep that number limited until a potential, “Godzillaverse”, happens.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Along with Kong and Megaguirus, in light of the possible Godzillaverse idea, I’d like to bring back my Anti-Godzilla character to the table if/when we go down that road.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Godzilla165 isn't the only one given to updates of his characters and coming up with things on a whim of the moment. XD;; I too have updated some of Draborgman's stuff, and even given him a negative state. All of which can be read in the spoiler tags below. Worked to make sure it'd be balanced, of course. Basically, if Cole were to be a real TV character, this all would fit in line with the tropes of the hero getting their ass whupped badly and going temporarily evil and miraculously recovering from both. XD;; Hopefully it's acceptable, and if so, the bio will have the information added onto it.

Bio Updates/Additions:
Draborgman – Cole
Spoiler:
-Dragizer has a protected gem that changes color when running low on energy. Glows green when fully powered, changes to yellow when getting low, and changes to red when dangerously low, beginning to flash when almost out of energy. Dragizer can also be upgraded to increase efficiency so he can remain in his true form even longer, with only a 20% increase in recovery time. Alternatively, he can train himself to last longer by staying transformed in a smaller size such as human size.
-Takes a half hour to recover from transformation if he cancels it before running out of energy. If he runs out of power while transformed though, it may take up to an hour.
-Solar Charge: By fully opening the Dragizer so that the energy gem inside is exposed to the light of the sun, he can charge up faster, though at the cost of some time while in his true form than what natural recovery would provide. He can also instantly charge the Dragizer with a concentrated light source while using this technique, for example, a powerful laser or equivalent light beam. This carries the risk of being sent into a berserk state should he absorb too much power though…
-Dragon Resurrection: A onetime use technique, he must be in a near death like state, the Dragizer heavily damaged, and engage in a sort of vision quest while unconscious to trigger this technique on his own. After doing so, he will return in full health and power, but if he takes a fatal blow again, he will not recover on his own. (It requires help from several Draborgmen in order to revive after the first use or he actually dies before using the technique.)
Draborgman – Berserk Emotion Form
Personality: In this state, Draborgman has pretty much lost all sense of himself, and has gone stark raving looney. He attacks mercilessly until the opponent is destroyed or he is taken out. No one is safe and even a steadfast ally will be attacked if they get in his way. Only those with the strongest emotional connections can snap him out of it, or a good whack to either his head or the Dragizer will do. While in this state, he can’t think clearly enough to intentionally transform back to human form and will remain in this form until he runs out of energy. While also in this state, he doesn’t speak due to not being able to form enough coherent thoughts so as to actually speak normally. Instead he roars, growls, snarls and grunts as he attacks the enemy.
Appearance: Looks almost the same, but eyes become sharper, glow red, his mouth reveals more teeth with a constant threatening snarl, and he gains green flame like accents around his eyes and on his chest and arms.
Powers and Abilities: Almost all of his powers and abilities remain unchanged aside from name changes to some of them and with some of them changing how they work.
-Hell Fire Scream: Formerly the Breath Burst, he opens his mouth, giving the opponent a raging roar with a stream of green fire pouring forth at the opponent.
-Claw Shot: Fires a scattered beam from his hands, the effect is like a shotgun blast. Formerly the Finger Shot.
-Cross Scratch: Formerly the Cross Beam, he does the same post, but with his hands showing the claws and he slashes with both hands, sending out a sketchy form of an X shaped blast at the opponent.
-When in this state, he can’t help but run out of power in order to revert on his own. When this happens, likely hood of death increases, and should he survive, the Dragizer will have a burned and fried appearance to it, with the energy gem shattered. Rendering him unable to transform until the device is repaired. Using his Dragon Resurrection technique in this case will not work as he is not dying, just unable to transform if he survives returning to human form and doesn’t enter a death-like coma.
Edit: Needed to clarify a few things, as well as add in some more bio additions, this time for Gojira. If accepted, then the bio for Gojira will be updated with the additions.

Bio Update/additions
Gojira/Legendary Godzilla
Spoiler:
Abilities and Powers:
-One-off attack involving expelling enormous amounts of nuclear energy through his back, but only if most if not all of his spines are broken off. This is capable of critically injuring a kaiju of similar strength as Gojira if not outright killing them. Stronger kaiju are just seriously wounded.
-Spines grow back in a different configuration if destroyed.
-Able to generate a nuclear pulse, though only after entering and exiting the Fire Godzilla state. Strength of the blast is comparable to Godzilla and Walterrus’ nuclear pulses.
-If infused with too much nuclear energy from a nuclear explosion, he will begin to emit greater amounts of radiation, and his temperature will begin to rise. In addition to this, his spines will randomly flash with that blue light, his Atomic Breath will increase in power, and once he reaches a critical temperature while holding in excess nuclear energy, he will go thermonuclear and explode in a massive fireball capable of wiping out a city the size of Boston Massachusetts. There is only one way to avoid this fate, and that is the infusion of spiritual essence from Mothra in order to properly vent the excess energy. If other factors are present, he will enter into the Fire Godzilla state.
-Theoretically able to conduct nuclear empowered lightning and even generate a powerful magnetic field capable of magnetizing even alien metals and mechanical monsters of his size or greater towards himself if enough lightning of this nature strikes his body.
-Theoretically able to produce a spiral atomic ray as well as the atomic spiral heat ray, but only after being in, and exiting, the Fire Godzilla state.
-Can grow from gaining nuclear energy in a nuclear explosion of the size of castle bravo, and over time from certain locations in the hollow Earth. This is also how he can accelerate his regeneration and even cheat death itself if struck with something of similar power to the Oxygen Destroyer.
Fire Godzilla
Personality: No appreciable changes in personality are present, except extreme rage directed at whatever fatally wounded Mothra and forced her to give up her spiritual essence to him.
Appearance: Has no height, length or weight changes. However; his body emits visible heat radiation, with a reddish-orange glow from cracks in his body armor and scales. In this state, several of his scales resemble keloid scarring, and radiate with that same glow. His eyes turn almost completely orange, with his irises and pupils turning red and white. His spines glow a bright orange when charging up and attack.
Powers and Abilities:
-Extreme heat generation almost instantly turns nearby metal to molten slag and stone into lava, leaving literal foot prints of radioactive lava in his wake. Other materials almost instantly auto-ignite into fire from close proximity of about two hundred meters. Both friend and foe must keep their distance if they do not wish to be incinerated just by being near him.
-Super Nuclear Pulse: Nuclear Pulse with Mothra’s essence being visible in blast. A charge of the attack is needed to unleash it, with Gojira letting out a roar that is joined by Mothra’s roar as the blast radiates outward for several hundreds of meters, burning up and destroying most material in range. Even a powerful kaiju like a relative of King Ghidorah can only stand a handful of blasts before being irreversibly wounded. (Spoiler, Ghidorah is one of the few monsters able to survive multiple blasts beyond the two, and any monster of equal power is able to do the same.)
-Theoretical – Hyper Spiral Heat Ray: Never seen, but likely more powerful than even the Atomic Spiral Heat Ray. Strength would be comparable to Burning Godzilla’s own technique.
-Theoretical – Atomic Heat Breath: Never seen, as all charging of Gojira’s atomic attack in the Fire Godzilla state resulted in the Super Nuclear Pulse. But if it had been used, it is speculated to be of the same strength as Burning Godzilla’s normal atomic breath.
-Thermonuclear Expulsion: This is the Super Nuclear Pulse on steroids, capable of destroying most kaiju of equal strength to Gojira, with only a select few being able to survive though with grievous wounds. King Ghidorah for example can survive, but would be reduced to just the middle head as a result.
-Temporary Status: Extremely powerful, nigh invincible, but at the cost of just a few minutes at best of duration. As excess nuclear energy is being vented out thanks to the intervention of Mothra’s essence, Fire Godzilla only has a brief time to do what he needs to do. Then he’s back to the standard Gojira state, albeit with some theoretical new tricks up his sleeve.
-Highly Specific Transformation Requirements: As the circumstances of his change were only present once, the ability to go into this state is extremely specific and circumstantial. Multiple factors must be at play in order for this change to happen. 1. Too much Nuclear Energy forced into his body in a short amount of time. 2. Mothra must temporarily give her essence to him upon her destruction. 3. Must be under extreme duress and rage in order to achieve this form. 4. Must be near the point of critical mass, no more than ten minutes away at maximum. If these factors are not present, Gojira cannot enter into the Fire Godzilla state.
Edit 2: Forgot to mention, let me know if anything should be changed to be acceptable. And yes, I made the circumstances that specific for a reason. ;)
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Exposition ladies and gentleman.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I'll have a post up by the end of the weekend.. Hopefully. Life's just been stressful with trying to find a new job, finalize preparations for college, etc.. I hate it all. I just want the green and the no worries in the world that come with it.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

That's fine Missi, we know how life is.

By the way, anyone heard from Gojirawars? I haven't seen them for over a week now.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm waiting on Gojiwars to post my reply. I'll give him 3 days to reply before I go ahead and post.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I think I'm supposed to be posting, too. That keeps slipping my mind, but I'll get to it soon.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I may post something for Godzilla later on to give a little update on what he's currently doing.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

So this is an accurate assessment of my life right now. To make a long story short, lightning struck not even two feet in front of my house today, and in addition to splattering mud all across the face in which the strike occurred, it fried a couple of fuses in the central A/C unit, did so far unknown damage to the water softener, and took all the cable services offline (so I'm posting from an at best 2-bar reception on my phone's data). So yeah, not a great time right now. I may try to post from my phone again, but this is the second close lightning strike on this property in a week's span.. Not very fun.
Last edited by Missingno. on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hilarious picture aside, I'm sorry to hear that, mate, that bloody sucks. I also know the pain of trying to write out anything lengthy on a phone, even if the screen sizes are massive nowadays, so it's up to you, but I'd say save yourself the headache. Post whenever you can ;).

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Well, that sounds about apt, Missi. Things happen, which can make one feel like being on edge at all times just to be safe. XD;; At least you're otherwise ok. I agree with Godzilla165, post when you can, but save yourself the trouble. I don't have experience with phone posting as I don't have a smart phone myself, yet, but from what I hear, it's not the most ideal way. ^^;;

So, uh, about how many arcs are we going to have in this rp, by the way? Just curious to know is all, doesn't have to be an exact number. I've actually got some ideas in the back burner, with one for a Draborgman with the human name Daigo to replace the current one for the next arc. Basically, Daigo's a humorless, literalist jerk. XD And yes, as I was playing around with some dialogue ideas in my head, the jokes were writing themselves. Good heart, but a real ass. Should be hilarious and fun when he takes over for Cole for a while.

Also, will be trying to get some more shown with Walterrus, Byakkan and Mothra as well as have Cole reply to what Aroro said, and translate for Yamato. Beyond that, I may have something for Taichi to do... Otherwise, that's about it.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Not an exorbitant amount, due to the smaller nature of the story, but enough to keep it locked in and focused, if that makes sense. As for an exact number, I may discuss that in the PMs along with more in-depth story beats.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Best answer I could hope for. XD;; Ah well, didn't hurt to ask.

Also, I just learned that Ultraman in his series first appeared on Earth in...

1966. The year that this rp's first arc is in. So, I guess if anyone wanted to field him, he'd fit right in. XD;;

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I'll try getting a post up tomorrow.. Key word: try. I literally just got home from a impromptu double shift at work (with a 5 hour gap between). So of the last 48 hours, I worked 23 of them. Sufficed to say, my brain is fried right now.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Sorry about not getting a post up. I had resolved to do so today, but then I learned what happened with Spider-Man in the MCU today, and that just put a lower level to my rather dour mood as of late. Just haven't had the motivation, honestly... Depression sucks, guys...

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Totally fine, Carter; you're personal well being takes top priority over stuff like this. Get well soon, mate ;).

Missi: Yep, I know work must be absolute bloody hell for you right now. You're fine.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Sorry for my long delay everyone, but I've been gradually piecing together my post over the course of several days, so I'll likely have it up within the next few hours.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Good to have you back, dude. I’ll try to have a post up either tomorrow or Wednesday when I have enough free time to sit down and write it out.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Got it done, fingers feeling funky after a bit of a magnet on metal table crunch on Friday be damned. It's something at least, so I'm still in the game as it were. I'll leave it to either Godzilla165 or MissingNo. to decide who answers Taichi and either helps him get his direction set, or hinders the effort of the "monster hunters" to find out what's going on. XD