The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
And on a related note, we're going to need some people playing as Exif characters. I
Hm..i might be willing, but i think playing as an Exif clergy might interfere with Kong and Pagos' story a bit.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Dang, six months pass by and then a surge of new posts comes out of the blue. I have a bit of catching up to do..

I may have been dead here, but I was visiting every now and again to see if anything's new. Obviously there wasn't much to be done in between with a BoTM in play. My point is: y'all ain't doing a kaiju RP without me.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Another question:

What size scale are we going for the kaiju? Showa? Heisei? I personally prefer the Showa scale but I can work wkth Heisei as well.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote:Another question:

What size scale are we going for the kaiju? Showa? Heisei? I personally prefer the Showa scale but I can work wkth Heisei as well.
I'd say Showa. More ability to interact with the environment and such.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Looking at the ideas we have...i don't know about the Exif being the big bad here honestly. Or maybe it's just i don't feel like playing as one of them? Metphies or that other clergy dude just ain't cutting it for me. Feel like we could just swap them out with the Xiliens since Ghidorah is kinda their monster too.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

We probably could just swap them with the Xiliens but keep the whole Ghidorah worship thing tbh.
ImageImage

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Breakdown wrote:We probably could just swap them with the Xiliens but keep the whole Ghidorah worship thing tbh.
Yeah, and that way the bad guys get to wear black leather trench coats and visors. I tried it in the last RP and it was an absolute blast.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay if we're going with the XIliens, we need two leaders. The main one who is the cold blooded leader from Invasion of the Astro Monster, and his second-in-command who's the hot headed, shouting manchild from Final Wars. They'll be like Jafar and Iago. :lol:

EDIT: Also still wanna toy with the Mysterians being one of their first victims.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Also, what about the Shobijin/Cosmos/Elias/whatever? What history do they have with the Xiliens?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I came up with an idea that I kinda want to float around. It involves Baronga but I don't want to spoil it here. Anyone who was thinking of playing as the Xiliens shoot me a PM and I'll give you the deets.
ImageImage

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So are we having a limit on how many kaiju we're including in this? I already claimed Kong and Pagos, and now i'm wondering if i can be a third.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:So are we having a limit on how many kaiju we're including in this? I already claimed Kong and Pagos, and now i'm wondering if i can be a third.
I guess we'll have to keep a manageable cap on our number of characters just to keep the game from becoming unwieldy. Three per player, maybe? Depending on how many players we get, anyway. And I guess we could retain the ability to bring in extra kaiju if they're only going to stick around for one scene or something.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:So are we having a limit on how many kaiju we're including in this? I already claimed Kong and Pagos, and now i'm wondering if i can be a third.
I guess we'll have to keep a manageable cap on our number of characters just to keep the game from becoming unwieldy. Three per player, maybe? Depending on how many players we get, anyway. And I guess we could retain the ability to bring in extra kaiju if they're only going to stick around for one scene or something.
Well i was thinking of Gudon, but i was thinking maybe if we split this thing into "Arcs" and he'd be introduced much later down the line. If we're not gonna go that route though, i'll just scrap him.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm content with Baronga and Gargolis, plus a human character. Really hope we can kick this off soon!
ImageImage

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright so i'm gonna leave this here just in case the game suddenly starts up or something: i'm gonna ditch Pagos and just have Kong be my first kaiju. Thinking of having Frankenstein and the Wolfman possibly join though.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigantis wrote:Alright so i'm gonna leave this here just in case the game suddenly starts up or something: i'm gonna ditch Pagos and just have Kong be my first kaiju. Thinking of having Frankenstein and the Wolfman possibly join though.
Don't bet on it. BOTM is currently the big thing and probably will be for a long time.
ImageImage

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Breakdown wrote: Don't bet on it. BOTM is currently the big thing and probably will be for a long time.
Yeah i know. Just thought i'd tell my plan sooner than later.

Also off-topic but are you ever gonna reply to me on Bear's Battleground?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gigantis wrote:
Breakdown wrote: Don't bet on it. BOTM is currently the big thing and probably will be for a long time.
Yeah i know. Just thought i'd tell my plan sooner than later.

Also off-topic but are you ever gonna reply to me on Bear's Battleground?
I thought we were waiting on someone else?
ImageImage

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Breakdown wrote: I thought we were waiting on someone else?
Are we? It was just you and be bouncing back and forth for a while.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

It's not worth waiting for MX. He's been offline for a while now.