The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: The RPG Forums General Discussion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Vatarian wrote:I’m STILL technically around and STILL considering the merits of instigating a new RP.

After consideration, I think it would be.... Another take on a supernatural/horror RP. Albiet a lot more focused than previous incarnations of that genre have been on this board.

I’ve been inspired by both the new season of Castlevania, and by my own interest in gothic horror and the like resurging independantly of that.

It would hit a balance between “character-heavy” and “action-heavy”, with both a fair amount of time spent to developing the cast, and a decent chunk of things devoted to. Well. Extreme violence.

Of course, it’s all just a nascent thought, atm.
A Gothic supernatural horror RP...I'm in. What kind of supernatural we talking?
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So i was thinking for a bit and i thought of an idea for an RPG. How would you guys feel if we made one for Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect? There's a lot of room to play with considering the storyline the toys had. We could create our own Hybrids,or other genetically engineered dinosaur monstrosities,and have a nice human segment along with it!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

So with the sequel trilogy done with and spoilers abound, has anyone thought about another Star Wars RP?

I have a spitball where it's another alternate history type one like the one we had back around the first showing of the RPG Forum, but this time a "sequel reboot" where we start off with the basic set up in TFA and everything official which took place beforehand is canon but malleable, which could in theory set characters like Sabine and the Mandalorian in the sequel era and resurrect some of the more tragic losses.

I'd generally be game for a new Jurassic Park one too and honestly think it might be better because of the simpler lore, but that was just something on my mind. Also thought about an Alien/Aliens RPG, but not sure how to make the Xenomorph scary there.
Last edited by EdGojira on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

I'm willing to do a Star Wars RP! I've got a few characters lined up for it.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Loganrules115 wrote:Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.
That sounds pretty cool.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Loganrules115 wrote:Recently I had the idea of a Kaiju Academy RP, wherein the students learn how to pilot robots, fly planes, use psychic powers, and other abilities to combat giant monsters. It would be similar to RWBY, almost.
Yes, that sounds like a really cool idea.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m thinking of doing a very special kind of RP...

Godzilla: Into the Gojiverse!

It will have multiple Godzillas from different timelines, and multiples of every other kaiju. They will also be joined by the cast of the Ultraman, Gamera, Pacific Rim, Jurassic Films, and Middle Earth Films Just to name a few. Also the realm of Fan Characters will be deeply explored.

Anyone up for basically a better version of my previous RP?
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I dunno if anyone will respond but who is the best character you've ever roleplayed as, on here or somewhere else? And why are they? Personally, I'd say Geronimon from the RP advertised in the post above me. Reason is his storyline: a master conqueror transported into another universe with all of his influence gone except for one undead servant, forcing him to adapt to a world he has never known.

It may not sound great but I think I've got the hang of story-based RP.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I dunno if anyone will respond but who is the best character you've ever roleplayed as, on here or somewhere else? And why are they? Personally, I'd say Geronimon from the RP advertised in the post above me. Reason is his storyline: a master conqueror transported into another universe with all of his influence gone except for one undead servant, forcing him to adapt to a world he has never known.

I loved playing as Jormungandr in Hunter's Moon, although that fun seemed to be cut short. :(

Being Burronjor and Roc now though is pretty cool too!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I dunno if anyone will respond but who is the best character you've ever roleplayed as, on here or somewhere else? And why are they? Personally, I'd say Geronimon from the RP advertised in the post above me. Reason is his storyline: a master conqueror transported into another universe with all of his influence gone except for one undead servant, forcing him to adapt to a world he has never known.

Tough question, because it's really hard for me to choose one specific one. I'm going to have to go with Cthelee AND Evoex from the current BotM. Both have their reasons.

Cthelee because I really like the fact that he's one of the weakest characters in the entire thing. He isn't meant for battle, he just wants to keep everyone happy at his home. Even if it'll be the death of him, he'll try to keep Quatheral safe. He isn't that strong, intelligent, and can't even be understood by most creatures. All he has is his heart to keep pushing through the dangers of the Multiverse.

Evoex is also in a similar boat. What I like with Evoex though is that he can be a bit more funny and carefree. He's much more open to meeting other people than all my other characters because of his past. He just wants to be accepted for who he is, and he's just having a blast! Writing in all caps for him when he types also helps him stand out from other characters. Well, more than my crazy monsters already do. :lol:
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I used to RP Bayverse Megatron back in the Youtube RP days and I literally built an entire community of Transformers RPers. It's looong gone now, but man those were the golden says..
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

They weren't well executed, but I really enjoyed the idea of the Nameless from the old Eternal Fracture RPG. He was this guy who was disfigured by powers that be into a metallic form who held obvious rage toward this fact. He was a sly sadist with an altruistic cause, to spare the people from threats outside of the universe by hunting down and brutally killing anyone outside of their home realm. He was kind of IW Thanos before Thanos ever got characterization. He was just fun to write because of his conflicting character traits and how much of a bastard he was. Don't know if I would enjoy reading him now as much as I enjoyed writing him then, but he at least was my favorite.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Hopefully a post is fine after this amount of time, but what would be everyone's ideal Jurassic Park RP? I've been on a bit of a JP kick and was wondering if maybe something can be put together. Perhaps if they're interested, with the help other people who are better at making RPs than me.