Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by Breakdown »

Back in the industrial sector of the city, the Danvers Corporation building stood like a man-made obelisk against the morning sun. The pyramid shaped building was constructed of black marble with teal-tinted windows running up the sides of the structure, as well as the indented "ring" at the base of the building. Surrounding it were the manufacturing and laboratory areas, with towering smokestacks and silos connected to the main structure through a network of metal pipes and girders. The furthest testing lab, also shaped like a pyramid resembling the main building albeit significantly smaller, served as the corporation's weapons testing facility, where they would run their products through rigorous trials to ensure the satisfaction of their military and civilian contracts. The interior of the lab resembled what one would see on a circuit board, with various cable pathways, nodes and tubing snaking along the walls and ceiling. The room was brightly lit as well, and it would give one a perfect view of the Danvers Corporation's masterpiece: In the center of the lab was a red metal scaffolding that suspended the torso of an enormous robotic entity. Mechanical construction arms tipped with various tools were attached to the scaffolding and could move up and down through the use of grooves on the corners of the square-shaped scaffolding. The arms busied themselves twisting, screwing, clamping and welding the machine's various components.

The robot was still in-progress, and much of its inner workings were still exposed. The robot as of now, possessed only a left leg, a complete right arm, and a partially constructed left arm. The head was fully complete with its terrifying skull visage, backwards swooping horns and inactive red optics positioned deep in their sockets. Several of the mechanical arms possessed a strange sort of nozzle connected to a radiant silver cylinder of some kind. Whenever this nozzle made contact with the robot, it would extrude a strange metallic liquid seemingly composed of trillions of tiny cubes. This "liquid" would snake its way onto whatever component it was placed on, before solidifying into an entirely new part. With each amount of liquid metal used, the silver cylinder on the back of the weapon would gradually shrink and retract into the nozzle. The whole apparatus could best be compared to the function of a hot glue gun. In many ways, it was almost as though these arms employed a highly advanced form of 3D printing in order to forge new components for the construction as opposed to more traditional fabrication techniques. Supervising this automated building process were several technicians and engineers donned in yellow safety-suits, protective eyewear, and face masks bearing the Danvers Corporation logo of two overlapping triangles with a line intersecting diagonally at an angle. The sound of high heeled footsteps caught the attention of the engineers, and they quickly picked up the pace of their work. Coming down the hall past the security doors was a blonde-haired woman dressed in a blue business suit and shiny, jet-black high heels. She wore protective goggles over her heterochromatic eyes, the right being blue and the left being a crimson red. Around her left eye was also some sort of birthmark or scar that made her skin take on a leathery red appearance.

This was Veronica Danvers, founder and CEO of the Danvers Corporation. The air in the laboratory changed to one of unease and dread as soon as she walked in; this was a common occurrence wherever she went. The woman certainly looked intimidating, with her one red eye, stern an authoritative expression, and the air of confidence she exuded. However many would say that it was something else, something "other" that gave them chills when they were around her. They could never put their finger on it, but something was definitely "off" about this woman. Veronica slowed he stride as her in-progress masterpiece came into view. A wide grin spread across her face as she approached the scaffolding, hands at her sides as she did so. Turning to one of the technicians, she questioned him regarding the project's current status.

"Give me a progress report on the build status" she asked assertively. The attention and the demand for a status report startled the man, who was already on edge simply being in the same room with her.

"I..um..we...we estimate that Venator Prime is about 62% complete. W..we're finalizing construction on the left arm a..and beginning assembly of the right leg." the technician stammered.

Veronica seemed unbothered by the technician's nervous stammering and slowly shifted her gaze back at the machine before her.

"Excellent." she said.

"Simply excellent. You boys have done a fantastic job at making this project a reality. Keep up the good work" She added, still looking at the mech.

These words would put one at ease if they were from anyone else but coming out of Veronica's mouth somehow made them even more unsettling and terrifying.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Gerard shakes his head. "You haven't seen the crime scenes he leaves behind. Maybe he's not as bad as Bloodless, but... it's not good for any of us when that much blood is spilled. As for leads..."

After taking a moment to retrieve and fish through a surprisingly thick wallet- Gerard liked being prepared even more than he liked to look neat- he offered Dhriti a worn business card.

"Ask for a Mr. Ramon Mendoza at this address. He might go by Razorback too. He's a PI. Just... don't be shocked by his face."

Waving a hand in front of his own face, and simply says, "Boar."

Lu kicks her feet up and sighs. Mile's head lifts a good four inches with her inhale.

rite now? no idea. u know how she is. i got an encrypted card with the deets 4 her next auction tho. gimme a day to decode it.

The wolf-headed giant raked her claws over her cheek a few times before adding, try hitting up e if u can. hes got connections

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan speedwalked his way to the command center with his briefcase in his hand. He had just finished up a mock speech for the situation concerning Supercell when he was constantly being spammed by Alan to hurry over. Within less than 30 minutes he had printed out the papers he needed and drove his way here. He adjusted his tie a bit before continuing forward.

After greeting a few people and shaking their hands, Jonathan was seated at a small office. He began unpacking his papers and notes when Heng entered the room as well. A bemused smirk formed on his lips. “The she-witch dragged you in too, eh?”

Jonathan let out a large sigh, putting both his hands on the table and crossed his legs. “God damn mess we’re in.. I’ve never seen it this bad! Well, sort of.” He pinched the bridge of his nose, still smiling a bit. “Ohh this is gonna be a fuuun day.”

He walked on over to Heng and pulled out her chair for her. “We better make this quick, or else Tenmus is just gonna tear us to shreds even more, eh?” He chuckled lightly before taking the seat next to her and pulling out some papers. “Oh yeah, hello Doctor Helper. Great tips on the news as always! I always look forward to seeing you on TV. Definitely makes things more interesting.”

Cider rolled her eyes at the doctor’s comment. “Oh har har. Very funny. Now I’m guessing you wanna cut off my foot and wear it like a charm too?” She said in a half joking-half annoyed tone. She sat back down on the operating table, wiping the sweat from her forward with the back of her wrist.

“S-Seriously though.. Thank you. Pretty sure I was gonna die back there.” Elodie looked down at her injured foot and frowned. And just when she was getting good at parkouring.. She sighed and looked back at the nurse with the needle and groaned.

“Aww, maaaaan I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with another needle shot..” Begrudgingly, she stuck her arm out for the nurse to inject her with. “I hate needles.. I HATE needles!”
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Heng let a weak chuckle escape from her mouth. What a headache this had been. Needing to run straight to the command center right after she had seen Kala and Vinnie out the door and finished talking to Tenmus. It was evident there was more she wanted to speak on in person, and though Jonathan was trying to help, she could already feel the beginnings of a headache start to form at the back of her head.

To no longer have an easy way of just getting rid of it all...

"Thank you." She said to Jonathan as she tried to stretch in her office chair. Not even a single pop or crack, and Heng grumbled. "I do try my best. It helps I have a little history with giving news and performing online. That only helps so much in cases like this though."

She leaned forward and took a sip from her cup of coffee. "Do you know anything about... last night's fiasco? Anything about GenTech and what went down there? Tenmus is breathing down my neck for answers."

The nurse inserted the needle into Cider's ankle, yet never took her eyes off of Cider's face. "These pain killers will last an additional six hours. After this will be the nanites to help reinforce your foot and promote healthy bone regeneration."

She took the needle away and brought out the needles. Carefully, slowly, she placed all three of them within the foot, and before Cider's eyes, the nails melted into a silvery slime that slid into the foot itself. Once the process was complete, she turned and pulled bandage wrapping from a cabinet and began to wrap it around Cider's foot.

"The process will take three hours for the nanites to reharden and reinforce your bone structure in your foot. Normal walking in that period of time is permitted, but no running or any other form of excessive bipedal activity." She smiled, and patted Cider on the head. "And that is all she wrote."

Had... had he heard that correctly?

Vinnie blinked and put his hands over his ears, then off of them. He had to have been hearing things, because there was no way that Father Pius had said what he thought he said. Kala as well stared blankly back at the man, and it wasn't just her. Octavian had an eyebrow raised, as did Damian, who coughed into his right elbow and glared over at Father Pius.

"Did that terrible excuse of a joke break you? Because you just said-"

"I said what I said, Damien." Father Pius looked over at him, then back toward Vinnie and Kala. "A truly unique guest we have here, a vigillante soaked in blood despite her title. A shameless enforcer of peace and justice more feared and hated by the masses than she is respected."

He began to walk around Vinnie and Kala, each step slow yet deafening to them. His eyes never left Kala. "Bloodless in the flesh. Your eyes tells me everything I need to know, child. You are troubled by what you are, torn between your nature and what society desires you to be. You wish to not hurt and alienate yourself from those closest to you, but that is like asking a lion to live with sheep. Yes, this is why you came to me, not only because that woman's sick perversion of a joke, but because you genuinely need my help."

"I...I..." Kala began to stutter, her eyes fluttering and looking in any other direction than toward Father Pius. "I... You're right. I am Bloodless, and... I need help. Heng said... you could help me."

Vinnie noticed out of the corner of his eyes that Octavian held a closed hand to his mouth and turned to look away, but his attention was drawn away from the other priest and toward Celine when she spoke out. "Father Pius, we could just inform Tenm-"

"No." Father Pius shook his head. "To do that would guarantee lives being lost. The reports speak for themselves on Bloodless's near immortality and strength. I would prefer this be resolved peacefully, with as little bloodshed or death as possible. Isn't that something we can both agree on?"

Kala, who had grown silent at this turn in the conversation, gave a weak nod. Vinnie as well nodded. "Please... if you can help her... I just want her to be able to live like a normal person, without the urge to kill.. We all do."

The priest smiled. "I believe I can. Damien, Celine, can both of you take Blo-... Take Kala and her brother downstairs? I have someone who is interested in seeing me at this hour."

"Of course, Father Pius." The redheaded woman looked over to Damien. "She won't bite, and if she tries, I can restrain her."

"I've faced worse than vampires before. I'm not scared, just very annoyed." Damien walked to one of the side doors and opened it up, revealing a staircase that led downwards. "We shouldn't take too long, Father Pius."

Vinnie held Kala's hand and walked her toward the door. He could tell she was nervous, and to be honest so too was he. Could they really help Kala out? And if they couldn't... No, he didn't want to think about it. They could help her, they had to. "I'm here with you, Kala. It'll be alright."

"I... I hope so, Vinnie."

The siblings walked down the stairs with Damien leading the way and Celine behind them. Once the door was closed, Father Pius took a deep breath. "So this is what that vision I saw was. A broken staff laid out at the door of a church..."

"With all due respect Father Pius, this is a grave mistake!" Octavian walked up to the older man with both his hands clasped infront of him. "If that really is Bloodless, the safest measure has to be informing Tenmus at once!"

Father Pius shook his head once more. "Oh you of little faith. You hold no trust in me or your fellow religious heads?"

"It's not that, Father Pius, it's just-"

"Your guest is here~!" Seisshia called from the front of the room. Pius held a hand up to Octavian's lips and focused his gaze onto him. Octavian felt very small in that moment, not as a crime lord who had just taken down the city's top hero, but as someone who had overstepped their boundaries and about to face divine retribution for their crimes.

"We will discuss the matter of Bloodless later if you are that interested, Octavian. For now, let us put it behind us and focus on the future."

"Yes, of course good Father Pius. I do not doubt your wisdom, truly I don't. I just... am afraid is all."

"Fear is good, but do not let it control your actions and your mind, Octavian. Good men have destroyed themselves with fear." Father Pius turned back to the entrance of the dorm and cleared his throat. "Let her in."

Seisshia opened the door and stepped to the side. A single person walked into the dorm, accompanied by seven floating dolls. Her short blonde hair fluttered in front of her light blue eyes that matched the large dress she wore that contrasted with the short white caplet over her shoulders. A pair of black and brown gauntlet covered her right and left hands, and the dolls hovered around her thanks to strings connected to the gauntlets. She looked over at Seisshia and gave her a warm smile.

"Awww, Alice, it's been so long since we've last seen each other." Seisshia purred as she walked up to the hero. "Come here to catch up on old times, or compare swim-"

"Sorry, but not here for you today, Seisshia." Alice put a hand onto Seisshia's shoulder. "As much as I would love to do that, I'm here on more urgent matters... and I don't want to compare swimsuits or underwear, before you say that."

The nun smiled. "Awwww, you know me too well. Maybe next time when you aren't so busy. I even got you some perfume and deo-"

"Not here, not now, please." Alice's smile died away, and she refocused her attention to the reason she was here. "Father Pius, I'm glad you could make some time to accept my request."

Father Pius nodded. "These are trying times, Alice. Los Diamantes has lost the hero it looked toward, and many are considering you to be his replacement. I can always make room to speak with one of Los Diamantes's favorite heroes."

"So, if Roadrunner were to ask for an audience..."

Both Pius and Alice ignored Seisshia, while Octavian buried his head in his hands.

"What can I do for you specifically, Alice?" Father Pius asked her. "You never mentioned what it was over the phone..."

"It's GenTech and Viola." Alice thought she heard Octavian sneeze off to her side, but thought nothing of it. he probably had a cold was all, he seemed to have one whenever she was present, maybe an allergy or something. " Tenmus has asked me to search for a possible connection between GenTech and Viola, given the explosions yesterday happened right after one of her armed deals was interrupted. You know a lot about what is going on in the city, you have connections everywhere, so I'm here to ask if you can give me a possible lead to start with, anyone you might know that works for GenTech?"

Father Pius rubbed a hand across his chin once he put down his Bible and closed his eyes as if in deep thought. "So that is why you are here? One surprise after another. What else does the day hold for me? A broken staff laid at the foot of the church. The rat that gnaws on the leg of the crane. The golden wheel that spins deep underground. Infernal imps who meet in the night. A child tugged over by two who care for him. A plant surrounded by fish and sludge. The bloodied wolf dressed as a sheep among sheep. These are all visions I have seen in the prior nights, but only one I know the meaning of. The rest elude me..."

"Just answer my question, Father Pius!" Alice tapped her foot against the floor and folded her arms beneath her chest. "I didn't come here for riddles."

Seisshia chuckled."Well well, even the saint can lose her temper. Yet another step taken from the righteous path. Such is how one becomes a den for evil."

Alice was about to brush Seisshia's comment off when Father Pius let out a low smirk of his own. "I'm sorry, Alice. I just was having a moment was all. But if it is a connection to GenTech you seek..."

He pulled a pen out from his robes and a notebook from a nearby table. He scribbled onto the notebook and handed it to Alice. "These are the directions to someone who I know works for GenTech: Valdis Hooper. He oversees material shipments for a number of companies in and around Los Diamantes, including for GenTech. Hopefully, you can find your answers starting with him. Tell him I sent you, and he should be more than willing to talk."

Alice looked over the notebook carefully. It was an address to the outskirts of Los Diamantes in the north, and just as Father Pius had said, instructions on how to get there. "An actual lead, thank you." She pocketed the notebook. "Now I won't be having Tenmus harassing me with calls every half hour. Thank you very much, Father Pius." She gave him a bow.

"It is the least I can do for a friend." The priest smiled yet again. "I wish to be kept in the loop on how things transpire from here. Tenmus will never let me know of anything, nor will I tell her anything myself."

"I can hardly wonder why." Alice began to walk out of the dorm, but turned to face Seisshia. "Maybe when we both have some free time-"

"A trip to the Violet Bar?"

"I thought you weren't allowed to drink. Temperance and all that."

Seisshia grinned with a hand to her mouth. "They have drinks there I am allowed to have. And their deviled egg salads are to die for."

"Aren't you a Vegan?"

"Vegetarian, not Vegan. There is a difference." The nun's smile faded away. "You of all people should know that well, Alice."

"Yeah, we can visit the Violet Bar and see the iguanas there." With that, Alice opened the door and walked out. "A pleasure seeing you both. Oh, and hi Octavian."

With the door closed, Alice began to walk back off toward the entrance of the campus. She had gotten an actual lead to pursuit, and yet she still felt something was off, like there was a heavy presence in the air..
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Dhriti nodded in reply to Gerard. "I saw, unfortunately... that black knight is horrifying. I don't think I've seen kills that violent outside of Bloodless... But, I think he's there enough mentally that he can be swayed. At least, compared to some of the loons we have running around on the streets."

Dhriti took the business card Gerard offered, listening in to what the man had to say. "Ah, so he's one of the... uh... beast folk? Is that the correct term?"

She offered Gerard a quick nod. "Thank you, honestly. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this."

She extended a hand out to Gerard. "Dinner tonight?"
Finally making his way back to his apartment, away from all the hubub on the city streets, Somsak got to work on putting his new sheets on his bed. His work as disrupted by another "Uwu!" that chirped out from his phone, which he had placed next to his alarm clock on his night stand. The felid criminal quickly picked up his phone, anxiously reading the next from Lu.
rite now? no idea. u know how she is. i got an encrypted card with the deets 4 her next auction tho. gimme a day to decode it. try hitting up e if u can. hes got connections
Somsak cursed under his breath, slamming his phone down on his bed. Well, it was better than not having any leads, at least. Going on his own, he'd have had to go searching through the black markets to get a lead on Viola's next auction, and he sure as fuck didn't want to do that if he could avoid it. Somsak let out a huff, before he sent Lu another text.

K. i'll see what i learn from em. keep me posted ok?

Finishing up readying his sheets, Somsak put his phone into his pocket before heading back out. Guess it was time to talk to that slippery "ectoparasite" bastard...
Aileen sat alone in her penthouse - a gift that had been bequeathed to her by Lord Callous, in his endless generosity. Gauze were stuffed up her nose, while she had a bottle of pills by her desk that she sat at to help mitigate the splitting headaches she was suffering today. The symphonic hum of classical music - she believed at the moment it was Beethoven's 5th Symphony in C minor - emanated her chambers, something set up by her benefactor to help her relax. A glass of red wine sat next to her, as she opened up the newest issue of the Reader's Digest to read.

Callous had decided that, for a job well done yesterday, Aileen had earned herself a day off to rest and recuperate. She had certainly earned it - she had driven Supercell to panic, she had helped hold off that Indian woman and the obnoxious sniper, she had saved Callous when the situation grew dire. And her body was in no condition to do any further activity day - not after the mental strain she had put on herself summoning that giant thoughtform.

But victory was proving to be boring.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

The seconds passed by painfully slowly, as if mocking Aileen's condition. Was this her reward for good work? To rest and have nothing to do? The laid back life was clearly not for her; she needed things to do, things to face, activities to carry out, missions to uphold, tasks to complete. This life... sitting in a room with nothing to do but watch television, play pointless menial games, listen to music, and read books... how could a person find this fulfilling? No wonder Callous' socialite friends gossiped constantly.... not like those brain-dead chimpanzees had much else to do with their vapid lives.

She took a sip of the wine Callous had left for her, absorbing its crisp flavor. At least this was refreshing.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The white van containing Kruger and his team pulled up to DRU, entering the parking lot which was now nearly filled to capacity. Fortunately, they wouldn't need to locate a parking spot, as a location was chosen for the interrogation was going to happen. Near the back of the campus was a loading dock where supplies for the campus were delivered; everything from food for the cafe to equipment and furniture. Marina would be lured to this dock where Kruger and his men would be waiting. She'd be subdued and taken to a different location to be interrogated then disposed of once they extracted the information they needed from her. To that end, a separate agent had also been deployed disguised as an FBI agent, complete with falsified ID and badge in order to gain access to the campus. A shiny black Mercedes pulled up to the curb in front of the main entrance, and the covert GenTech agent exited the vehicle. Removing his shades, the man reached into his coat pocket and prepared his ID badge to show to the guard past the main door. Placing his shades in his coat pocket, the man proceeded through the main entrance of the campus as Kruger and his men moved into position, backing into one of the loading bays and waiting until the agent gave the signal.

The security guard who let Marina and Sierra through was still on duty, and was occupying himself by filling in a crossword puzzle on a half-crumpled magazine. He squinted his eyes and tapped his pen on one of the blank spaces on the puzzle as he tried to figure out the next word. His attention was drawn away from the puzzle and to the approaching footsteps coming from the door. He sighed and put the pen and crossword puzzle away before addressing the newcomer without even yet making eye contact.

"Have your student or guest ID ready, please" he said, stretching before turning to look at the newcomer. His eyes widened upon seeing the black leather card carrier containing the iconic gold FBI badge as well as an ID.

"Oh um, can I help you, Officer?" the security guard stammered.

"Yes actually. I need to speak to a woman named Marina Griffin, we believe she may have information regarding the incident at the GenTech building last night. Could you direct me to her, please?" the FBI agent asked.

The guard raised a brow upon hearing that this spook was looking for the girl he'd literally spoken to less than an hour ago. He didn't know what Marina Griffin of all people would know about that big explosion that happened, and frankly he didn't want to know.

"I can have her meet you at the main office" suggested the security guard.

"That'd be great" the man replied with a warm smile.

The security guard picked up a phone on the side of his desk next to a clutter of paperwork and pressed a button to use its paging system.

"Marina Griffin, please report to the administrative offices. Marina Griffin to the admin offices, thank you" he said as his voice blasted through the campus PA system before putting down the phone. The security guard pointed to where the offices would be, and the agent nodded, smiled and went on his way.

==============================================================================================================================================================

As her name was called over the PA system, Marina's eyes darted to the nearest speaker then to the rest of her classmates who stared at her. Her eyes then began to look around the room nervously, and she overheard some gossip directed at her by two girls across the classroom with her enhanced hearing. She really, really didn't like this much attention focused on her and she swallowed hard as she fumbled to gather her things. She looked over at Sierra, then over at Professor Davidsworth who was in mid-speech before his lecture was interrupted by the broadcast. The professor nodded to Marina and motioned to the door, before resuming his lecture.

"Ooooooh, you're called to the principal's office!" joked Sierra as Marina got up to leave.

Marina shot her a half-glare-half-smirk before heading towards the front of the class and out the door. Not expecting to be gone long, Marina opted to leave her things in class and she was sure Sierra would take care of them for her as well as fill her in on anything she missed. While striding down the largely empty halls of the campus towards the main office, Marina wondered what she was being called in for. Her mind quickly went to Franklin: Do they have news about him?? Is he alive?? Or maybe she's going to receive news that he's.....no, she wasn't going to think about that possibility. She tried her darndest to remain rational and positive as she was within 15 feet of the administrative offices. Standing outside the door was a man dressed in an all-black dress suit and neatly trimmed hair. He quickly noticed her and began to walk over, reaching into his coat pocket to pull out the card-carrier containing his badge and ID.

"Hello, Marina Griffin? I'm special agent Cliffton, FBI." the agent said.

"Um, hi. Can I ask what this is about?" she inquired with an eyebrow raised, hoping to hear something regarding Franklin's status.

"I just need to ask you a few questions regarding an incident at the GenTech building last night. However confedentiality is important, and I don't need sensitive information being picked up by the wrong people. Now if you don't mind, follow me, please." The agent asked.

She sighed and nodded as she followed the agent down a different hall than the one she came from. However as they walked, Marina began to feel something creeping into her psyche. It was weak at first, but quickly began to grow in strength until it finally became something she instantly recognized: Franklin's presence was nearby, with all the warm and calming influence that she loved.

"Franklin??" She mumbled out loud, stopping suddenly. The agent stopped as well, turning around and raising a brow as Marina seemed to enter a trance.

"Are...you alright, ma'am?" the agent inquired.

Marina blinked and shook her head, snapping out of it.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Just remembered something I have to do later is all" she lied through a forced smile.

With each step she took, she felt his presence get closer and closer. Was this agent taking her to him? Did he make it out okay after all?? He had to be alive, otherwise she wouldn't be able to feel his presence like she'd done a thousand times before. However she couldn't help but feel a sense of fear and dread along with the positive emotions. Something felt wrong, almost like Franklin's presence had been tainted by....something. Worst of all, this all felt familiar. Like she'd felt this way about something very recently. Then it hit her: the monster in her dreams. This was exactly how she felt when facing down that creature and its hateful gaze. She wanted to dismiss it as simple stress caused by the nightmares, but this wasn't a dream and she knew how their bond worked well enough to know that everything she was feeling was accurate. Her breathing became faster, and she fought to keep her aquatic features from emerging in response to the feeling of imminent danger...
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The descent down the stairs seemed to stretch longer than it had any right to in Vinnie's mind. Each step echoed through the dimly lit stairway, and each step was just tall enough to make walking down the next just awkward for the young kid. This building was not designed in mind for kids his age and size to be walking through, that much was apparent. Kala had shifted herself to walking behind Vinnie in case there were students trying to walk up the stairs, and Kala's naturally longer strides meant Vinnie would feel a knee bump into the back of his head with every step. Not an ideal situation in his mind, but at least he wasn't getting pushed onto his face.

After a turn past the first set of doors, Damien stopped at the second set of doors and opened them. "We're nearly there." was all that he said as he took a left. Kala and Vinnie followed him, with Celine behind them. Several students walked past and while a few gave glances over at Vinnie, most eyes seemed to be on Kala. Vinnie could hear their gossip and whispers despite how quiet they seemed to be, and to his non-surprise and his embarrassment, it was for the exact reasons he suspected.

"Isn't that against dress code?"

"Any of our instructors would kick us back to the dorms if we tried wearing shorts that tight."

"Damn, she do be looking fine."

"A cute little boy. Can I take him home with me?"

"An older woman with her kid? Just up my alley."

"That's clearly her younger brother, you dolt."

Vinnie wanted to bury his head into the ground. Why did Kala have to insist on dressing the way she did, and why did he have to hear these sorts of things with her? It was one thing to hear them from Gumps and Trident with their latest magazine purchases, but in public just made it all the worst for Vinnie. And what was even worse was Kala being all but oblivious to the fact she was the center of attention.

"None of your business, you horn dogs." Damien snapped at them. "This is official business, not eye candy for you to enjoy."

That was enough to give the four the space they needed, and Damien stopped by a door at the end of the hallway before another set of staircases. He opened the door, and Vinnie was greeted with what appeared to be a simple living room with a pair of black leather couches and a table between them. A large television screen hung upon the far wall, and beneath it was a desk that contained a photo that Vinnie couldn't make out from the distance he was away. Three lamps provided the only lighting in the room, their bulbs providing a low orange hue. Damien walked into the room and took a seat upon the couch, with Celine seated beside him. Vinnie and Kala took their seats in the opposite couch.

"Here's our destination and where we'll be doing what we can to help you. Though if you want my personal advice, just kill yourself if you're that much of a problem. Your antics as Bloodless have made you more enemies than a bottom rate prostitute."

"DAMIEN!" Celine stamped down onto his foot, and the young man winced as he felt her heel dig through his shoe. "What the hell-"

"I'm only joking." The young man quickly found himself saying, not just to get his partner's ire off of him, but also to avoid the confused stares from Kala. "In all seriousness, tell me upfront, what happens when you go to fight someone, and what makes you decide if they are worth killing or not."

Vinnie didn't know what to make of this person, Damien. If Father Pius had decided to hand over this task to this man and to Celine, that clearly meant he trusted the two of them to do their best in helping her... But the bored, almost abashed way he talked, and his comment toward Kala, it already made Vinnie hate him. Telling someone to kill themselves for the better of everyone else, he wanted to punch the man for saying that to Kala, but he willed himself not to. The last thing he wanted was for things to escalate and for the very reason they had come here to go to waste, and besides, Celine had already done his job for him. He looked to Kala, and she had a hand to her chin, her eyes darted between Damien and Celine.

"It's... I hear a voice in my head, one that tell me 'this person is a sinner, they have sinned by doing bad, they must die for their punishment.' I don't really have reason to question the voice I hear." Kala told the two. "If they stay alive, they keep doing bad things. But if I kill them... They won't be able to keep doing bad things. But... Vinnie and Heng do not like me doing that, so I try not to but... I cannot resist when they attack me, or when they run. They knew what they did wrong, and tried to escape or fight their fate instead of giving up..."

Damien eyed Kala carefully, the thumb on his right hand rubbing against the middle finger. "And how long have you heard this voice? Since you've started your mass murdering vigillante works, or before then?"

"Since... Since I was first aware of being alive. When I met Vinnie several months ago, I've heard that voice."

The young man shifted his gaze to Vinnie, and Vinnie felt himself shrivel beneath the glare. It was as if Death itself was weighing the worth of his soul. "And you, child with the leash. Anything you have to add to this?"

Vinnie gulped, then forced himself to speak. "N-no. It's as Kala says."

"I see. As worthless as asking you was, that is fine. Celine, can I have you check her soul and her blood?"

"Naturally, I can do that." Celine stood back up and walked over to where Kala was seated. "I am going to feel your wrists, your forehead, and your neck."

Kala looked to Vinnie for an answer, and Vinnie just gave a nod. This woman definitely seemed a lot nicer than Damien was, and genuinely looked to be trying to help them. With Vinnie's answer, Kala nodded as well, and Celine placed her pointer finger upon Kala's forehead. She held the finger there for a few moments, then ran it down to the base of her neck, just above the shirt she had on. Once more, she held the finger there for several seconds, then she placed the finger onto Kala's wrist, then to her other wrist. After several seconds, she then slowly lifted her finger up from the wrist, and something happened which Vinnie had not expected to see.

Kala's blood began to lift up from her wrist toward Celine's finger. Two streams rose up, one a clear transparent liquid, and the other rich red crimson. Kala was mesmerized by the display, her eyes never leaving the sight. Then, Celine moved her other hand beneath the liquid and with a slight twitch of her first hand, Kala's blood dropped into Celine's palm. She lowered her hand for all to see, and within the two liquids pooled side by side, not intermingling or remerging into one.

"Wait, how did..." Vinnie finally forced himself to speak after picking his jaw off the floor. "What are... What did you..."

Celine smiled at him. "Just a little trick I can do. Don't think too much of it. I didn't hurt your sister, and she didn't feel a thing, right?"

"Nope. I felt nothing." Kala said. She looked at her wrist, and there was no opening, no wound, nothing left of what had just happened there. "That was amazing!"

"Again, it's only a small trick." Celine walked over and sat down beside Damien and showed him the blood in her palm. The young man's thick eyebrows furrowed, and he bit his tongue.

"What a troublesome case it is. It really would be much simpler if-"

He stopped as he saw Celine's foot lift back up over his own, and cleared his throat. "-if it weren't what I think it is, but nothing can be simple. Your blood is split in half, the purities represented by the clear fluid, and the impure garbage by how darkly red the other fluid is. This is something that only begins to happen when someone recently dies and their body can no longer properly filter through blood. But clearly, Bloodless here is not dead. There is however another reason why this happens."

Celine took this moment to speak over the young man. "Kala, when I felt your forehead, wrists and neck, I was sensing how your soul radiates in your body, and what I felt was a soul at war with itself. And this blood only cements it. Within your body are two distinct halves desiring control. There is the you that we are speaking to right now, and the you that whispers into your ear to 'kill the sinners' and urges you toward your more destructive habits. I do not know if this is an actual case of a soul split in half, or an outside force trying to usurp your body, but I am certain this is why you are the way you are."

"I..." Kala's eyes widened, and she wrapped her arms around herself. She looked over to Vinnie, then back at Celine. "I have someone else in me? That not just my conscious speaking, a fragment of my imagination?"

"I wish it was that simple, but life never is." Damien grumbled. "And that's not something either of us can exactly remedy. That's something you and only you can handle. I... have experience dealing with people who have suffered this sort of thing before, and it all rests on them to sort things out internally. As much as I would love to reach in there and pluck out the inner murder hobo inside of you, I don't have that kind of power or ability, and neither does Celine nor Father Pius."

"We can support you and offer you spiritual aid in prayer." Celine told Kala and Vinnie. "But yes, this is something you must deal with. Either fight off and kill the half of you that wants to kill those who have done any wrong, or find a way to return both halves back to unity. It's a lot to take in, I know, but you have our support."

Vinnie slowly looked over at Kala. He placed a hand onto hers, yet he knew what was being asked of her was difficult. He had hoped perhaps Father Pius had a miracle cure or something, short and easy therapy, but, perhaps that wasn't the solution for something like this. "At... At least we know what's going on now. Kala, it'll be fine. We now know what we have to do. It will all work out well, I promise it will."

Kala nodded, and hugged her younger brother. "I just... I don't want to make you or Heng sad anymore. I don't want to hurt either of you anymore but... I just don't get it. I don't get any of this."

Damien snorted. "You don't have to get anything, you toddler brained Thyreophora. Next time you hear that voice telling you to do something, put your foot down and either kick it out, beat it up, or find some common ground that doesn't involve murdering everyone. Seriously, it's not that hard in theory..."

Vinnie stared at Damien. "What do you mean by 'in theory?'"

"Obviously, there's other factors to take into consideration, but for the time being that is the groundwork you idiots have to start with."

"A-anyways, I'm sorry we can't do more for you in the moment." Celine stood back up and walked over to the door and opened it up. "I just hope things go well for the two of you in the future." She walked out of the room, and Kala and Vinnie began to follow her out.

"Before you children leave, there is one final thing I must say."

Both Vinnie and Kala stopped in their tracks, and turned back to look at Damien, who now was standing as well, hands on his hips. He lifted his left hand and pointed it upward.

"This should go without saying, but don't listen to strangers, and especially do not listen to that sinful excuse of a nun upstairs. If she so much as approaches you or tries to talk to you, ignore her and keep walking."

"Mrs. Seisshia?" Kala asked, an eyebrow raised. "But, she's a nice person..."

"Yes, and that is why you should avoid her. Her eyes, her words, her ideas, and her body are all poison to any ordinary person. They say that looking at too bright a light will make you go blind.The masses cannot endure the preaching of saints, and with that woman the results are especially bad. For your own safety you unfunny vampire, steer clear of her if you value your life and the price on it. Now go, get out of my sight. I can only handle the scent of blood and maggots for so long."

Kala began to open her mouth as if to say something, but Vinnie had done with anything else the man had to say. He took Kala's arm and ran out of the room and back up toward the stairs with her, leaving Damien alone in the room. The young man looked over at the picture framed on the desk, and slowly blinked.

"What demented demons did I piss off to end up in a wretched state like this..."

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Franklin landed on the rooftop of a small office building that directly overlooked the DRU campus, cracking the rooftop and sending a flock of perched birds frantically fleeing. He panted, becoming exhausted from his ongoing mental battle to maintain control of his body. The Beast was angry. Very angry. Angry that it was being denied control. Franklin pushed through with every ounce of strength that he had, fixated only on Marina. He kept a mental image of her in his head, recalling everything he loved about her, which was pretty much everything. This reminder helped give him the strength he needed to keep fighting, however he felt it was only a matter of time before The Beast broke through this last line of defense and re-asserted control. He looked down at his hands; his monstrous, misshapen hands. They were covered in patches of both reptilian scales and fur. His nails were now black sickle-like claws 5 inches long. The middle and ring finger on his right hand had messily merged together into a single digit with one claw growing out of the other. He felt his body continuing to change, the sporadic stabbing pain of bones snapping and rearranging and the intense burning of muscle being broken down and reconstructed. He looked up from his monstrosity of a body and at the shimmering campus before him.

"J...ju..just...a..l...little...f.ff..further..." he gurgled as he crouched and tensed the muscles in his legs.

With a mighty leap, Franklin cleared a 150 meter gap and landed squarely in the middle of DRU's parking lot. The impact of his landing shattered the pavement beneath him and set off dozens of car alarms. The sound was unbearable, and he covered his ears with his hands and roared. Even through this attempt at shielding his ears, the sound penetrated through. He grabbed the nearest vehicle, effortlessly lifting it over his head and throwing it at a group of parked cars hard enough to crumple all of them on impact and sending the twisted wrecks skidding across the ground in a shower of sparks. He roared again before running towards the main entrance of the campus where he would begin his search. Stopping just a few feet in front of the automatic doors, Franklin took a moment to look at his reflection in the glass. His eyes widened and what remained of his lips quivered as he gently placed a hand on his face. Words could not describe what he felt when he saw what stared back at him in the mirror-like glass. He was almost completely unrecognizable, almost all traces of his humanity had been destroyed and replaced by whatever abomination he was becoming.

He gasped as he looked at his disfigured face, the right half of it was missing flesh and the muscle and warped bone was plainly visible. The cheek had sloughed off entirely, and his razor-sharp teeth could be seen between the tendons of his jaw. He began to whimper, then he began to sob. He still couldn't understand why this was happening to him, why he had to suffer like this for the crime of wanting to be normal again. Instead, he was turning in to a monster that became worse and worse with each passing moment. He lashed out at his reflection in the glass, shattering it and alerting security guard at his post. The man's eyes bulged out of his head and he fell out of his chair.

"Holy fuck, holy fuck!!!" he stammered as he smashed the red button next to his phone to trigger the campus's security alarm. Franklin's hearing was so acute that he heard the faint clicking of the button from where he was standing, and even through the cacophony of the security alarm, could hear the man panicking. He could smell his fear, taste it even. It was so palpable, and this pathetic creature wouldn't stand a chance against him; he was an easy meal. Franklin roared and clutched his head, stumbling into a wall and shattering it with his sheer size and mass. He tried to fight off the urge to kill, which would allow The Beast to wrest control from him. He couldn't allow that; he wouldn't allow that. Not when he was so close to finding Marina and hopefully a way out of this existential hell. He trotted down the hall in the direction where he vaguely remembered Professor Davidsworth's class being. Right as he set off, hordes of students and teachers left their classrooms to the nearest exit as-per protocol during emergencies. However upon seeing the mutated form of Franklin, the calm and orderly evacuation turned into a panicked frenzy of screaming and shrieking. Franklin snarled at the fleeing and confused crowds, which served only to send them even further into a fear-induced hysteria. He continued on his path, accelerating his pace as his reptilian feet cracked the black-and-white tiles beneath him with each step. He found that the further he went, the less the security alarm and screaming bothered him. Just moments ago, the sounds of car-alarms had been excruciating to his acute hearing. It's almost as if his body somehow adapted to the deafening noise while still allowing him to retain this superhuman sense of hearing.

================================================================================================================================================================

Just as Marina and the FBI agent were about to enter the loading dock of the campus, the security alarm started blasting over the PA systems. They both stopped in their tracks, right in front of one such PA speaker which possessed a strobing red light not unlike what one would find on a police car. Marina looked at the agent, then at her surroundings. He seemed to be just as taken off guard as she was. Suddenly, they both saw crowds of screaming and fleeing students pushing their way through any exit they could find. The sheer amount of pandemonium suggested something exceptionally dangerous was happening. She heard the distant sound of a wall being knocked down, followed by the crunching of metal and heavy, thudding footsteps. At the same time, she felt Franklin's presence intensify to a maddening degree. He was here. Close. Very close. Without a second thought, Marina dashed back down towards the hall and let her feelings guide her to where she needed to go, to where she was certain Franklin would be. As she did, the same feeling of dread and unease also increased, however she was so focused on seeing her lover again that she didn't care about any potential danger. The agent barely had any time to react before Marina bolted away, and he cursed under his breath. Pulling out a walkie from his pants pocket, he pressed the speak pad and relayed a status report to Kruger.

"I've lost Target Number 2, she suddenly took off once the security alarms turned on and people started evacuating. What the hell's going on? I thought this was supposed to be a clean op??" demanded the agent.

"The fuck if I know what's going on. Active shooter? Terrorist attack?" Kruger suggested.

Today seemed like an unlucky one for Thomas Kruger; first getting stuck in traffic then their operation suffering from an unexpected setback in the form of whatever the hell had the campus in a state of hysteria. He debated on whether or not to have his men intervene with whatever was going on; it would be great PR for GenTech and would certainly take some of the heat off amidst the increased scrutiny following the lab accident. Either way this operation looked like it was going to be a bust: Marina got away and the confusion caused by this undetermined threat would make re-acquiring her on-campus difficult, if not impossible. There was always the chance that they could try her apartment again, but they had no idea if and when she'd return.

"Cliffton, this is Kruger. Try and follow where she went and see if you can re-acquire her. If you can't find her within 20 minutes, we're bailing out, copy?" Kruger stated.

"Copy that" replied Cliffton as he pocketed his walkie and briskly jogged down the hallway that Marina ran down. He had no idea where this stupid girl thought she was going; she was literally running towards what everyone was running away from. Cliffton supposed he would find out soon enough...
ImageImage

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Gerard shook Dhriti's hand with a smile. "My treat. You had a rough night. Sorry I wasn't there to help out."

Blind could not help but curse under her breath as she came face to face with... something, hulking and vaguely human beneath its monstrous features. She had planned to slip out a few minutes after Marina, trailing her from a distance, but the evacuation alarm had stopped that plan. The students from Davidsworth's class, as well as nearby classes, were crowded around her, trying desperately to flee from the creature, willing to push through or even scrambled atop each other. This was bad. If the thing wasn't slowed down, it was hard to saw if it or the panicked mob would claim the first lives.

In the chaos and with the use of her heavy hoodie as cover, Blind discretely produced one of her sidearms and fired off three wads of expanding foam, two splattering against the monstrosity's feet and one splashing across the hallway. As the foam tangled around the creature's feet thickened and grew stiff, it mixed into and bonded with the barrier rising before it, creating one solid lump of adhesive that bonded the beast to the floor, at least for a moment.

"Help get everyone out!" Blind barked into the voice modulator hidden in her hood, turning her thin, quiet voice into a deep boom. "Floors on the bodies will trip up even more."

Backpedaling to the nearest empty room- yanking up who she could on the way- she quickly slipped in, hoping the foam would buy her enough time to strip to her smart suit...

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan sighed and leaned back in his chair, mulling over Heng's question for a brief moment. Should he really tell the truth? Or could he just tell half truths. He cocked his head to the side before sitting straight in his chair. "Yes. Yes I do." He looked over at the clock on the wall, tapping his fingers against the table. He let out a chuckle before continuing. "Sorry. Yes, Supercell came straight to me right after... that happened."

He shrugged. "Actually, it was Roadrunner's idea. We met up at his club. The three of us discussed what happened. Something flipped with his emotions there. Now, I'm not one to speculate on these types of things but.. I think it was genuine mishap. Or something persuaded his emotions." He looked back over at Heng before continuing on. "Could be another villain I suppose. A dangerous one at that."

Jonathan put his hand on his lap. He felt a soft vibration from within his shoe. Probably a deal for Ectoparasite. He would need to get throw this stupid meeting fast. "Unfortunately, that's what the extent to I know. I didn't want to pry in too much. He had a rough night, and just wanted to be cheered up. I do want you to know he is.. at his lowest I've ever seen him. We already discussed his superhero retirement. At least for now. No more Supercell, just Isacc himself for the time being. He'll be doing community service and the like. Already have the speech mostly written out, just like I always do!" He smiled brightly at Heng.

Cider cursed at herself when the nurse went for her ankle instead of the arm. She wanted to slap herself across the face for that stupid blunder. Her thoughts soon erupted into mental shrieks of pain echoing in her head as she felt the needles pierce her ankle. She clenched down hard against the bed, trying to concentrate her pain anywhere else. Once it was over and done, she let out a sigh of relief and wiped the few tears with her arm.

After another few deep breathes, Cider finally spoke up. "Th-Thaanks.. This is.. incredible stuff honestly.. Thank you." Cider slowly got back on her own two feet, looking down at herself. Damn, 3 hours? That's going to feel like forever... How else was she going to get back home quickly? By bus? Like she had the money! Well, she had no other choice it seemed. "Again.. Thank you...And are you suuurrre it won't cost anything?" She raised an eyebrow.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti flashed a smile back at Gerard. "That's okay, you being willing to talk is help enough."

She pulled Gerard in for a quick hug. "Don't ever stop being you, okay?" She then began to head out the door, offering Gerard one last wave...
It had already been a long day for Max - his boss had told him he'd get no PTO, so he had to come down to the construction site despite the extent of his injuries. Not the mention that he needed to meet rent this month. his landlord had already cut him enough slack as-is regarding his rent, since he'd been struggling to make ends meet for about two months now due to his crime-fighting schedule, but he'd been warned that he'd be evicted if he couldn't begin at least making his current payments on time. The sun was beating down harshly - a typical Los Diamantes day outside of the summer. The growl of tractors and the thunder of jackhammers echoed across the street he worked on, laborers hustling about to complete their tasks on time.

Max, bluntly, hated this sort of menial work. If he did not need such pointless work to survive, he'd much prefer to spend his time hunting down criminals. Reality was cruel, though, so instead, he had to spend the majority of his time working here, laboring away at whatever pointless public works he'd been tasked the complete.

Noticing the man slacking, a short fat man, clad in a tightly fitting yellow vest and an equally ill-fitting hard hat, stomped over towards Max, who had been working slowly on tearing up a piece of concrete. "Forget to juice up this morning, Lombardo?" The man jeered. "get your ass in gear! you've got about 6 hours to go still!"

Max grumbled angrily, rolling his eyes at the supervisor before he got back to work. He felt his phone vibrate, and prepared to reach for it, before he heard a loud shout from the pudgy man from earlier.

"HEY!" The man shouted. "Save the phone for your break! Get back to work!"

Max growled to himself before accepting his lot for now. He'd have to wait for another couple hours before he could confirm what message he'd received....
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Heng bit her lower lip as she listened to what Jonathan had to say. She had expected that perhaps Supercell's disappearance was due to a low morale, but for him to be taking it so poorly...

"Well, I'm sure Tenmus will understa-"

"I would understand what?"

A chill ran down Heng's spine as the lady in question slowly strode in through the door and toward the office seats like a heron wading through the shallows. Both of her arms were still folded within her sleeves, yet Heng felt the sense that at any moment Tenmus could grab her by the back of the neck and crush her neck bones. Her eyes were lined with bags, and her teeth grinded against each other. "I am very glad you came in today, Jonathan. Otherwise I would be at a loss as to what exactly had befallen Supercell. I assume you have no clue where exactly he is..."

"L-Lady Tenmus!" Heng felt her heart drop in her chest. Never had she been so thankful her sunglasses were obscuring her eyes, or the fear in them would be on display for all. "I-when did you-"

"Do not underestimate my hearing. Anything that is spoken within these walls, I know of." The Crane turned her attention back to Jonathan. "And I suppose you have an answer on who can replace Supercell as this city's mascot? Heng has already suggested that Alice, Puppeteer, make a fine replacement. Do you have any ideas you wish to contribute, and I do sincerely hope your speech can help pacify the fearful masses..."

The nurse gave Cider another smile. "Not right now, anyways. Consider this on the house, unless Miss Heng objects. Then I'll just as you to repay it at a later date, but that is neither here or now."

She walked over to the door, and opened it for Cider. "Have a nice day, and please stay out of trouble."

As Alice walked through the campus, she flipped through the notebook that Father Pius had given to her. "1523 E Castela Road. Take a right off of Fecile Way, down three blocks, to Fidelen Avenue. Take a left two blocks down into Selene Street. Then eight blocks to Caste-"

The alarms went off around the campus, and Alice closed the notebook and shoved it back into her pocket. What was happening? A shooting, or a hostage situation? Was it Bloodless? She heard screams and saw students fleeing from one of the campus buildings, and her eyes narrowed. The panic on their faces suggested it wasn't just some ordinary emergency, so either it was Bloodless or something else. Whatever it was, lives were in danger, and she had to stop it.

She ran in the direction the students were fleeing from, and ran into the building...

--------------------

"Vinnie, what did Damien mean by killing myself?"

Vinnie stopped just short of the door back to the main level. Did she seriously not understand what that jerk meant by that? There was no hidden meaning to it or any beating around the bush! Yet he couldn't just tell Kala that the guy expected her to just lop her own head off or tear out her heart. He couldn't bring himself to tell her that and explain. Not only did he have no idea how she would react if the realization set in, but the fact he would partially be responsible for whatever happened sat wrong with the young boy. What would he say to Heng if that happened, or to himself?

"He... He meant killing your identity as Bloodless." Vinnie forced himself to lie after taking as deep a breath as he could. "Just. stop doing Bloodless things and live like a normal person. Don't go harming anyone else, just... live life like a normal girl, doing normal things. Move far away from all this where the urges won't be controlling you."

Kala's eyes widened and she nodded. "That makes sense. Yes, I can definitely attempt that. That seems easy enough."

Vinnie let an uneasy chuckle escape his lips, and was about to wipe the sweat that was forming off his face when snickering came up from behind Kala. It was Damien, who had followed them up, and he held a hand over his face to control the laughter that was bubbling up within him.

"Is that what your underdeveloped brains rationalized my suggestion as? Or do you really not want to hurt your beloved sister's feelings like some special snowflake?" Damien shook his head, though the grin remained. "Neither of you would last any length of time in the real world if you cannot handle the harsh truths of reality and need a house of glass to live in just to function. And here I though that cow born nun couldn't be usurped in their disgusting nature. I'll tell you plainly, with no uncerta-"

The blare of the alarms across the University silenced Damien, much to Vinnie's relief, and the young man pushed past them and opened the door. "Father Pius, what is going on? Why are the alarms-"

"Something has broken into the University, something not human, I can sense it." Father Pius plainly said. "Damien, Seisshia, work to help evacuate the students to safer locations.Any students who are trapped, help get them to safety."

"Yes, Father Pius." Seisshia replied, her tone more serious than it had been before. She made her way to the door and walked out with Damien, not bothering to ask anything else, following suit behind.

"Celine, can you and Octavia-" Father Pius looked around, but Octavian was nowhere to be seen. The priest looked back at Celine. "This intruder, can you go and handle it? Even if you cannot defeat it, buying time for the others to evacuate to safety should be top priority."

"As you wish, Father Pius." Celine moved out as well.

"Um, what is happening?" Kala asked Father Pius. "Is... something wrong?"

"An intruder, but we should have this situation under control..."

But Father Pius's words fell on deaf ears, as to Vinnie's shock, Kala had raced off in the direction that the others. Vinnie grabbed at his hair. Hadn't she been told to not do reckless things and just do what she was told to?!

"Kala, wait, come back!" Vinnie raced off after her...

-----------------

Outside of the dorm, Callous watched as hordes of students fled away from the classrooms and into the open campus. Whatever was the cause of this disturbance, he kinda wanted in on the action, but he had better things to do. He still hurt from that blow the Black Knight had given him the prior night, and the last thing he needed was for that bruise to act up now. Instead, he had much more interesting things to do.

He pulled out his phone and left a text message for Aileen: "If you're bored and need something to do, I got some juicy information for you to pursuit. Bloodless has connections with Doctor Helper, and she has a little brother she seems protective of."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Franklin roared as he smashed his way through the adhesive that glued him to the ground. He snapped his jaws and looked around for the one that attacked him, but it seems that for now they had evaded his sight. He bulldozed through several classrooms, sending debris in every direction as he frantically searched for Marina. His mental faculties continued to deteriorate, and he was becoming more and more feral, lashing out at inanimate objects such as a large trophy cabinet filled with medals. He looked around, eyes darting erratically as he lunged at a model of a human skeleton in the corner of the next room, seizing it by the head and right leg. With a tug, he effortlessly pulled the model in half and threw the remains to opposite ends of the room. Franklin paused for a moment, clutching his head and whimpering as he attempted to reassert the control that was becoming increasingly harder to maintain. He closed his eyes and attempted to focus by directing all his thoughts to Marina. The mere thought of her name filled him with a sense of calm, and picturing her in his head was enough to make him almost forget about the horrible situation he was in. Looking around again, he spotted the hole in the wall he had made to get into the classroom. Electrical cables swung back and fourth, crackling with deadly energy that would be enough to electrocute any normal person. However by now, Franklin was the furthest thing from a normal person, and assumed that he'd be fine as despite how hideously twisted and mutated his body had become, it also had become considerably more resilient to damage. Stomping towards the hole, Franklin cautiously stepped through it as an electrical cable brushed across his right shoulder, immediately producing a shower of sparks and a stinging pain.

Franklin winced, bearing his jagged teeth as he pushed his way through the makeshift entrance. It didn't hurt anywhere near as much as he thought it would: he didn't know if that was because he was already in a state of never-ending torment, and that a small shock was small potatoes in comparison, or if his body was just that tough. He didn't know, and he didn't care. Emerging back out into the hall, Franklin saw that a majority of the students had evacuated from the campus save for a handful of stragglers that Franklin promptly sent fleeing with his appearance. Franklin slumped as he looked at the empty halls around him. The fear began to set in that Marina may have already left the campus during the evacuation and that this whole effort was for naught. He let out a groan of defeat as he slowly turned around with his head down, prepared to make his way back to the front of the campus to leave. He didn't know what he'd do now; maybe make some attempt to kill himself so he wouldn't have to suffer like this any longer and so he wouldn't hurt anyone or anything else. Maybe he could throw himself off the tallest building in the city, or try to drown himself. Besides, he thought, Marina would probably be too horrified by what he'd become to ever even consider staying with him, regardless by how powerful their bond was. As he began to trudge down the hall, he heard a gasp from behind him....

===================================================================================================================================================================

Marina fought her way through the fleeing masses, guided by her senses towards the place where Franklin's presence was strongest. Some shot her a glance of confusion or concern that she was running towards the danger rather than away from it. She paid these people no mind and remained steadfast in her goal to find the source of this disturbance she felt. Suddenly, Sierra along with Professor Davidsworth emerged running from the crowd and seized her by the shoulders.

"Marina, you need to evacuate! Something's attacking the campus, you need-" Marina effortlessly pushed him off and sprinted down the hall, leaving the professor startled and confused. Sierra attempted to reach out and grab her friend but was unable to catch her before she took off. Davidsworth watched her as she zoomed down the hall and considered going after her. He cared for his students, especially for Marina who was among his best and brightest, and he got up with the intent of going after her. However by the time he got to his senses, she disappeared from view, and the sound of something making inhuman roars quickly persuaded him to abandon his pursuit and evacuate. Sierra however, wasn't so easily dissuaded and gave chase to her friend.

"What the hell's gotten into her!? Did she finally fucking lose it??" thought Sierra as she sprinted after Marina

Marina made a sharp left turn down another hall, her heart racing faster and faster as she could feel the presence getting closer, it was just beyond these next few rooms. She slowed her running to a brisk jog as she now set about looking for the source of this presence that her mind told her was nearby. With her enhanced hearing, she heard the sound of inhuman, raspy breathing accompanied by a cacophony of grunts and growls. The sounds sent chills down her spine and made the hair on the back of her neck stick up: she felt like she was in one of her recent nightmares all over again. These were the exact same sounds that monster made, that evil creature that filled her with an indescribable horror. They were coming from the same place as where she felt Franklin's presence, yet she almost unconsciously proceeded towards what felt like certain doom. As her fears and dread mounted to intolerable levels, she took a breath and made another left turn, coming face to face with what was causing these strong emotions, and she almost wish she hadn't.

There it was: almost 1:1 copy of the monster she had seen in her dream right down to the twisted, gnarled body. However reality proved to be much more horrifying than fiction, and now she could see it in all its abominable glory, if she could call it that. She gasped out loud from the sight as fear compelled her to begin taking steps back when the creature suddenly turned around. What followed next was enough to make her insides knot. As the creature slowly turned to face her, she saw its half mutated and mutilated face with exposed jaw tendons and razor-sharp teeth, but the worst was the other half of its face. It was horrifically familiar looking, made all the more apparent as she felt her bond with Franklin burn with an intensity that would normally put her at ease, but was in conflict with what she saw before her. Locking eyes with her, the creature's expression turned from one of indifference to one of wide-eyed surprise. It let out a wheezing sigh of relief as it slowly reached out to her with both gnarled hands. Marina stepped back in disgust, eyeing the creature up and down before screaming at it from the top of her lungs.

"What the fuck are you!??" she roared.

Part of her already knew the answer, and it was one so uncomfortable and heartbreaking that she fought to deny it with all her might even as tears began to stream down her face. She maintained strong eye contact with the creature, which was visibly upset by her outburst, and its expression turned to one of sadness and disappointment. Suddenly, its brows arched with the spark of an idea and it began to gently pull something off its wrist and present it to her. It was a beaded bracelet identical to the purple-and-red one Marina kept on her ankle at all times. There's only one other bracelet of its kind out there, owned by only one other person. This confirmed everything she feared, and Marina began to sob in heartbreak at the sight before her. The reason she felt Franklin's presence emanating from the creature, is because Franklin IS the creature.

"Babe...oh god. W..wh...what happened to you?! What did they do to you!?" she said as she tried catching her breath through bouts of sobbing.

Franklin stepped forward, still holding the bracelet out in front of him. She hesitantly stepped towards him, still maintaining direct eye contact as tears continued to trickle down her cheeks. He was almost unrecognizable save for some of his facial features and his one eye that was still the deep olive green she'd come to adore. Franklin opened his mouth and attempted to say something, but all that came out was a raspy gag, and Franklin's expression turned to one of fear and sadness. She winced not out of disgust, but out of sorrow and empathy: her poor Franklin had been turned into a monster, not even able to speak. She could feel his emotions through their bond which remained intact: his fear, his sorrow but also his relief and joy. Relief that he had found her, that he'd be able to see her again.

"Oh hon...it...it's okay. W..w..we'll find some way to make you better, I promise! I'll do whatever it takes to fix you! Maybe that Dr. Heng or whatever might have a cure or something!" she assured Franklin as she slowly approached him with her hands up.

She'd only heard of Heng through word of mouth and hearsay, she was apparently some miracle doctor who helped Supers. That alone made Marina dislike her. If she was in Heng's shoes, she'd poison every fucking medicine and treatment she gave to those "heroes". However if it meant undoing whatever GenTech did to Franklin, she'd set aside her animosity and let her do her work. She approached close enough to where she held her hand out, and Franklin gently placed the bracelet in her hand. She closed her hand around the bracelet, clutching it tightly as she raised her other hand and gently placed it on Franklin's cheek. He closed his eyes and purred with comfort, the glowing red cracks in his skin pulsed rhythmically as for the first time in these last few hours, he felt at peace. Her touch was intoxicating, and he could feel her love and warmth radiating through it. In that moment, he truly felt like things were going to get better and that she'd save him from this hell. Ironically, for all her contempt for heroes, she herself was Franklin's personal hero. She always was, and always will be. This tender moment between the two lovers did not go unnoticed: Agent Cliffton observed the two from around the corner and could barely believe what he saw. This creature, this thing, seemed to have been completely pacified by his primary target. Given the apparent close connection between the two and the glowing cracks on the monster's body seeming to indicate some form of radioactivity, Cliffton fumbled with his walkie and pressed the send button.

"Kruger, this is Cliffton. I've got visual on both our primary and secondary targets. They're here together but I don't know for how much longer. Get your men down here NOW. We may not get another chance to nail them both at once!" Cliffton urged as quietly as he could, his voice but a quiet rasp. Reaching into his pants pocket, he drew a Glock-18 handgun and cocked the slide on the weapon as he awaited the arrival of Kruger and his men to engage.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan's smile grew wider as Tenmus walked in. She looked even more like a wreck than usual. Almost like living roadkill. "Ahh, Tenmus! You look wonderful today!" He shook his head no at her first question. He leaned back further in the chair in a casual manner. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small notepad He took out his pen and began to flip through the pages. Various superhero names along with their real identities written besides them.

"Uhh, yes." He leaned back up in his chair, but still looked down at the notepad, not daring to look up at Tenmus. "I was discussing it with Roadrunner last night. Don't worry, he doesn't want to step up to be the mascot. Buuut, this still may be a curveball." Jonathan paused for a moment, trying to form his next words carefully. "I do agree, Puppeteer is probably our next big chance. Especially with her being female. That'll probably boost up morale overall, and should temporarily lower the anger levels. I do propose another superhero though."

Jonathan stood straight up, stretching up a bit to crack his back. He looked back at Tenmus, with a great big smile on his face. "We could also put up Foxtrot.." He stopped himself, purposefully seeing Tenmus' and Heng's reactions. He always loved to put up a performance, especially when coming up with ideas on his own. "Now, I know what you're thinking. Why put up someone who goes up against our own police force? Well, for one we can probably reign her in a bit more to at least not do that as much. Plus, such a controversial pick would surely distract most the public enough away from the Supercell incident."

He place his hand behind his back, grinning widely at Tenmus. While what he said was mostly true, he really wanted to get to know Foxtrot more. Ever since she showed up, he'd been fascinated with her gadgets and gizmos. He envied it in fact. Despite the unfortunate circumstances with Isaac, now was the perfect chance to finally catch up to her. Once he had enough info on her, he'd be ready to hunt her down and add her precious toys to his collection.

"So, what do you think would be the best choice, Ms. Mayor? I'm okay with either or. After this I can finish up the rest of my speech and contact them."

Elodie smiled and waved the nurse goodbye. She walked out the door and breathed in deeply. Well, it felt good to be in good condition again. She wasn't even sure she was going to breathe fresh air again. She stood there for a few moments before looking around. Well, might as well head on home. Nothing much she could do since she can't run. This shit sucks.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

The nurse watched as Cider left the clinic. A cooperative patient was a good patient. Had she struggled, the chance of worsening her injuries would have been severe, and as what Lind assumed to be a lower tier hero, being weakened in this city was a death sentence even with the best medical care.

She turned back and sat herself down at Heng's seat and typed in the password to access her account: "Immaculate." She scrolled down to the list of patients that Heng had taken care of and searched through. There were many names here that Lind was familiar with, but one Cider was not among them. How curious, this was her first visit here. Lind opened up a new file in the list of names and began to enter in the various measurements and statistics she had recorded off of Cider. Now in case she were to come in again, the process would be even faster.

In her left hand, she fiddled with the dragon toy that had been on the desk. Such was how things were in this city. With so many heroes and so many villains, accidents happened. People got hurt, people got wounded, people needed medical attention. And where else to go but here? The very lifeblood that kept so many heroes in the game.. And yet, Lind couldn't help but wonder, why it was that this city was such a hotbed for action. Sure there were other heroes in other cities in the globe, but Los Diamantes was disproportionate in that regard, to where it had become something the city was well known for much to Tenmus's ire. But... what drew so many fiends here in the first place, that caused heroes to swarm here as well? A mystery, one that puzzled the woman...

Perhaps Heng knew the answer to that, but hadn't told her yet. She was fine with that. It was more fun to figure it out herself.

Tenmus's glare focused long and hard upon Jonathan. "Foxtrot, you say..." She hissed in a low tone. "The vigilante. Of all the choices you could have mentioned..."

She craned her head upward, and looked at the ceiling for a few moments, before she looked back at Jonathan. "You are right, she and I... do not see eye to eye. She is very... liberal in her view on what is right and what is wrong. But she is not the worst choice you could have offered up. She is human, like all of us, and as a human she should be very easy to keep in line. You do hold some merit in that line of thought, Jonathan."

"Lady Tenmus..." Heng cleared her throat. " I will stand by whatever you go with... But I do have my own reservations."

"That Foxtrot is a relative anomaly compared to Alice, and we have no clue what she might be hiding if push comes to shove? We have no clue as to the depths of her resourcefulness?"

Heng was about to open her mouth, but she said nothing. She simply gave Tenmus a nod. "You... Took the words right out of my mouth, Lady Tenmus. And... that's why I think Alice is a safer choice."

"True, very true." The mayor of Los Diamantes shifted her gaze between Heng and Jonathan. "But it could also allow us to know Foxtrot better, know her limits, know just how far she can reasonably push back. But, disagreements could turn ugly, and public morale would not enjoy the city's top hero to be at odds with the upper brass. Alice, we know what she will agree to and what she can do. We also know that she has options in case one of the more bloodthirsty vigillantes like the Black Knight or Bloodless crosses paths with her. Foxtrot... For all we know, she could simply fold against them, and that's not something that will look good. Jonathan, I'll keep Foxtrot as a backup suggestion in case Alice refuses or is incapable of continuing later on, but for now, Puppeteer will suffice. If you wish to further look into Foxtrot, I suggest asking Alan for help in that endeavor."

The woman in question had made her way inside of the campus building past hordes of fleeing students. She told them to stay calm and proceed to the nearest exit, but she felt it, a strange life force up ahead that felt wrong and twisted, a type that though alien to her, was also familiar, the type she had felt back in what had become of her hometown. Her teeth gritted, she rounded the corner...

And what she saw was something she was not prepared to. An abomination, something that had clearly once been a human man, now in the process of being morphed into something else, something unnatural and unholy. It was a monster, and Alice almost on instinct began to command her puppets to take formation and ready in case this thing was hostile...

Then she noticed there was a student next to the beast, a student she had seen before in this campus several times but never really spoken to. She knew her name, Marina, and the sight of her, next to such a creature, touching it, holding the side of its face like a lover, she paused. What... What was going on here? She was in danger... but it didn't feel that way to Alice.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Celine run up the hall toward her. With a twitch of her finger, Alice made one of her puppets fly between her and the approaching woman and shake its head. This caused Celine to slow down, and cautiously peer around the corner. The red head's eyes widened at what she saw, and she began to say, "What the fu-"

Another twitch of the hand brought the puppet's hand up to Celine's lips. Alice looked over at her, and a voice echoed in Celine's head, a spell of Alice's. "This is a delicate situation. One wrong move, One wrong anything, and we're in a far worse spot. For now, everything seems... okay."

"What the fuck even is that thing?" Now it was Celine's turn to use the spell to communicate back to Alice without a voice to be heard. "Perhaps Mrs. Seisshia would be better equipped to handle this."

Alice rolled her eyes. "Not the time for that kind of joke."

"No, I mean she has expe-"

"We need to get these two out of this building and somewhere else, find out what is going on, and dissolve the situation with no casualties. Can you help me with that?"

Celine nodded, and with that, Alice slowly began to walk toward the two, both hands to her side, her puppets standing guard at the hallway entrance but ready to fly to her side at a moment's notice. "Can I ask... What exactly is happening here? I'm not here for a fight, just someone here to help."

"Same as her." Celine said, trying to keep her eyes off of the monstrous form beside Marina. "M-Marina, is this... why you've been struggling with your work for your classes?"

-----------------------

"Sinners... There are sinners to be punished."

It was the voice again, and before Kala could even respond to it, her body moved on its own. She darted from the dorm and her form melted into the shadows and raced toward the building so many students fled from. She could hear VInnie call to her, to stay still.

"No, I can't. I'm not supposed to!" She told off the voice. "Others can handle it."

"Not this kind of sinner!" The voice hissed through her mind. "All who sin must pay the price, but this is a sinner who has transpired beyond ordinary sin. Can you not sense it? The evil air that is ahead? It is a sinner who has forsaken their body as a temple for their Creator, and has become a den of evil. A monster who will kill because they can, because they will. A creature that must be punished before innocents are claimed by it!"

"It... Is it really that?" Kala asked. "Are you..."

"I speak the truth. Bloodlust swells in this sanctuary. Monsters of both mind and body gather together. All have sinned, and must pay the price. Kill them, to protect the innocent. To protect... Vinnie."

By this point, Kala was already within the building, and her shadowy form slithered through the halls toward where she sensed it was at. If there really was a monster ahead, and if it did pose a threat to the others... She will kill it. No humans, no innocents, only the monster. She steeled her will, refusing to budge from that position.

"Acceptable." The voice hissed.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The sound of approaching footsteps snapped the two lovers out of their tender moment and back into the present. Marina turned and spotted the two as they came near and began to panic, made only worse when Alice addressed her directly. Franklin noticed them as well, and arched his back in a threatening posture, bearing his razor sharp teeth in a nightmarish snarl. Marina quickly sensed the change in Franklin's emotional state and spun around, placing both hands on his cheeks and using some force to get him to look at her. She winced a bit from touching the side of his face that was bare, marbled flesh. It had a gross, slimy texture that made her somewhat uncomfortable, yet she swallowed her reservations and looked him right in the eyes. Besides, after he accepted her for essentially being a fish, the least she could do was return the favor now that the roles were reversed.

"Look at me! Look at me! I'll handle this, okay! Just relax!" she assured him with a warm smile.

Franklin returned her gaze with one of uncertainty. He didn't know these people and while he wanted to believe Marina, he knew his rampage was surely to have attracted the authorities or worse, Supers looking for the chance to be the next big hero. Then there was The Beast, who's appetite was roused from the presence of so many tasty morsels. How easily it could splinter their limbs and peel the flesh from their bones, feeding on the marrow and entrails whilst growing ever stronger. The predatory entity knew that attempting to seize control now would be a useless gesture, as in Marina's presence, Franklin was almost invincible. Almost. The constant mental warfare between the two was taking its toll on Franklin, and The Beast knew it was only a matter of time before he'd be weak enough to allow it to overpower him for good. Marina turned and faced Alice:

"Stay back, don't come any closer!" Marina said sternly as she backed up into Franklin in an almost protective manner.

She knew who Alice was, most of the city did. She was known as the kind woman who ran the daycare to some, and as "The Puppeteer" to others. Marina was one of those who knew her as the latter, and while she held contempt for Alice on the basis of her being a hero, her authority on campus and her alleged connections with Heng meant that she could be instrumental in getting Franklin the help he needs. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed Alice's help, if only to fix Franklin and end this nightmare once and for all.

"Listen to me Alice. You know that Dr. Heng, right? I want you to take us to her right now and tell her to fix whatever they did to Frank. Do you understand me?" she said, her voice conveying the utmost urgency with a tinge of hostility in it as well.

Suddenly, more incoming footsteps from behind caught Franklin and Marina's attention as they looked to see Sierra sprinting around the corner. Marina swore under her breath; yet another variable to complicate this already delicate situation. Upon seeing Franklin, Sierra gasped and in an attempt to stop, slipped and fell to the ground on her rear. Her eyes were wide with raw terror and she screamed in horror at the monster that stood behind her friend. Marina loudly attempted to shush Sierra while staying by Franklin.

"Sierra stop! It's Franklin! It's Franklin!" she repeated while gesturing to him. She held out his bracelet as proof that the creature that stood behind was, in fact, her old friend. Sierra stared at Franklin, her mouth agape as she took in just how badly disfigured he'd become. No, not disfigured; he looked like something straight out of a sci-fi horror flick, like some kind of mutation. Finally, Sierra regained her enough of her wits to croak out a statement.

"What...how..what happened to him??" Sierra stammered.

"Those bastards at GenTech did something to him, but I might have a way to fix it" Marina replied.

"How the fuck are you going to fix THAT?" Sierra rebuked, motioning towards Franklin.

Marina was almost offended by her referring to Franklin as a "that", but understood that to someone on the outside looking in, it looked really bad. Changing her approach accordingly, Marina attempted to plead with Sierra.

"Sierra please, you have to trust me on this. I know it looks bad, but there's someone who might be able to reverse whatever GenTech did to him!" Marina urged.

Sierra scoffed and looked around. She had no idea who or what on earth could possibly be able to undo the drastic changes Franklin had undergone, unless Marina had a genie in a bottle or something. Frank and Marina were both good friends of hers and hell, she was the reason they ever even met. It would be incredibly shitty of her to abandon them in their time of need, but this whole situation seemed FUBAR. Then again, she owed it to both of them to at least give it a shot. She knew how much they loved each other, and she genuinely wanted the best for both of them. Sierra sighed and got to her feet, placing a hand on her forehead.

"Look, I don't know what crackpot plan you have in mind to fix all this but.....you can count me in" she said reluctantly, to Marina's relief.

"Thanks, girlie!" Marina replied with a warm smile, grateful to have her best friend on her side to see this through. Marina turned back to Alice, her expression changing back to one of sternness as she addressed her again.

"Well?" she demanded; her eyes laser focused on Alice's as she awaited a response.
ImageImage

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

It had already been a hectic, unenjoyable morning for Somsak, though he at least had a better idea on what exactly he needed to do. Lu had given him a good lead on what to do next, though Somsak had to admit he was preetty nervous. Taking on Bloodless? That psychotic bitch who slaughtered people as easily as a common person stomped on a bug? it was honestly a horrifying proposition; one bad choice, one bad decision and Bloodless could snap him in half like a twig. Even if Viola got them the weaponry they needed, how the hell were they gonna find Bloodless, and plan out their attack on her? Were they just gonna roll up like some robbers in an alley and kill her? Were they gonna set a trap and try to ambush her? Were they gonna just wait until she was already weakened from some other battle and finish her off?

Somsak shook his head. Let's not get into the nitty gritty of it until we actually get in touch with the lady, eh? Who knows, maybe Viola already had some sort of plan on how to address that bitch. Walking into a quiet coffee house, Somsak sat himself down in a corner. There were maybe two or three other patrons in here, though thankfully they seemed to have distracted the baristas with whatever discussion they were having. He wished he could do this back at his apartment, but his internet was so shit that he'd be lucky if he was able to load the information up at all. The last thing he needed was someone peeking over his shoulder and getting his ass arrested.

Pulling out his phone, Somsak flipped open his browser, before he quickly searched up Ectoparasite's website. The feline burglar glanced around quickly, making sure nobody was looking over his shoulder. Last thing he needed was to get reported or something. Finding the "contact me" section, Somsak quickly typed out a request.
Need to talk to you about something. It's about Viola. Meet me at midnight at Quatermain Park.
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Though Cliffton watched Marina and the beast that was once- or perhaps struggled to still be- Franklin without their knowledge, the covert GenTech agent was stalked by his own unseen predator. As Alice approached the pair, a blurry shadow struck his side without warning, doubling him over and twisting his arm away from his body. He reacted quickly, identifying his sidepiece as noisy and useless in this situation and instead throwing a heavy punch with his other arm, trying to drive back his attacker before they completed a hold, but a cape was thrown over him, snuffing out the attempt.

"We don't need you escalating things," a low, modulated droned in his ear as he was pressed against the wall. Pain blossomed across his shoulder and chest as his arm was gripped tight. By the time he tore his head free, a costumed woman had Cliffton in a textbook standing arm lock, Glock pointed at the ground and safely away from her.

"I have some questions for you. Answer them, and leave those people alone... and I'll let you go. Do you understand?"

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

A tall man sat on his throne, awaiting his allies, and when they walked in, he greeted them, but he had to know if they had finished their task. "Did you get the Turtles?" asked Frank Grand. "Yes we did, we got all 14 of them, I'm still wondering why you like turtles and dogs so much?", said John Wayright, the leader of the Secret Killer Corps. This didn't make Frank mad, and he wasn't surprised to be asked this, he just had a fondness for pets. "Come, my friends, let's go for a walk!" said Frank. When they came outside, the landscape was revealed, they were at his home, which was a massive ship Frank had stolen from his homeland, and the ship was known as the Galaxy Purge. Armed with 4 hyper cannons, capable of destroying a city block with ease, and hundreds of regular laser turrets. "So, is their anything else that is going on?" said the pet-loving villain. "Not right now, sir, but we do want an interesting task," said Wayright. "And that you will have, but not right now, for now, we enjoy ourselves, and when it is time to strike a threat, we shall do it with ease, and the world will bow to us, and us alone!" said the villain. "But I am getting a little bored, let's go play chees or something, maybe shoot off a hyper cannon or two," and so they went to play chess, only for Frank to win fairly easily, just like how easily he has killed so many smaller heroes with his bare hands. Those heroes will be the first of many to fall, though. "Alright let's go kill someone important!" said Frank, "Maybe this will get some hero to come right to death's door".

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Jonathan's stance stiffened as Tenmus continued to go over his pick. It was like she was seeing if he was even worthy to have opinion. Even after all these years that feeling never changed. No matter how much he rose in the ranks, she always treated him as some lowly worker. He would exterminate her ass if it wouldn't cause so much drama that could ruin what he had going. Perhaps later there could be another chance.

Jonathan shrugged and put on a smug grin. "No problem. Just a suggestion. Always good to have a back up just in case though." He turned to face Tenmus more directly. "I'll make sure to contact Alan then, just to give our dear Foxtrot a heads up. Who knows, perhaps Foxtrot can lend us some of her gear to our police force?" Jonathan moved over to the table, looking through some papers before handing them over to Tenmus. "Yes, here's the script for the upcoming, err apology of sorts. Probably not the right word, but you get the gist. Obviously Puppeteer's name will inputted in there. Just wanted a quick second opinion on it before we officially move ahead with the speech."

Jonathan headed back to the table and rearranged some papers. "Oh, and I may have to take a leave early. The public is already getting antsy at the news, so I should probably do this as quick as possible. If you have any other news you want me to say at the speech, don't be afraid to give me your input." In truth, he just wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible. The air was suffocating, and the cold eyes of Tenmus were enough to creep him out. He felt sorrow for Heng. She always acted like a nervous fool when Tenmus was around.