The Truth about Final Wars Godzilla

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Voyager
Keizer

The Truth about Final Wars Godzilla

Post by Voyager »

This Godzilla is loved and hated by many and is often wanked to hell in terms of power. Is this version of Godzilla really that strong? Or is he just a false king? Here’s the thread where we can discuss this.

My opinion? He’s not special. He fought an army of baby monsters until Monster X so I don’t get why people think he just wiped out an entire pantheon of strong kaiju.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Truth about Final Wars Godzilla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I mean he’s still able to take the Anguirus thunderball flying into his chest at insane speeds and also launch it around with ease. FW Anguirus may not be as impressive in melee as his Showa counterpart but that doesn’t make him not 60,000 tons moving at absurd speeds. His atomic ray is also capable of outputting the power to shove Hedorah, Ebirah, and a building for hundreds if not thousands of meters. Yes, not every atomic ray he fires has that level of power, but is it so hard to say that Godzilla can control how much power he puts into his rays? I don’t think it’s right to do what some people do and just go “that was an outlier, he can’t do that in an FM”.

So in short, yeah most of the FW monsters aren’t super impressive, but I still think FW Godzilla himself is a powerhouse, maybe not to the extent some people think of him as, but I’d still say he’s the most overall powerful of the Millenium era Gojis, at the very least due to being actually capable of worthwhile melee.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Seconded.

The weakness of about 3/4 of the Final Wars gang does not invalidate the sheer power of Final Wars Godzilla. This is a dude who stopped a meteor but he's weak sauce because he went up against an army of lesser dudes?

Put it this way, Killer Moth is a joke that Batman can knock out in a second but that doesn't detract from the fact that he's the godamned Batman.

RIP Evan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I mean he’s still able to take the Anguirus thunderball flying into his chest at insane speeds and also launch it around with ease. FW Anguirus may not be as impressive in melee as his Showa counterpart but that doesn’t make him not 60,000 tons moving at absurd speeds. His atomic ray is also capable of outputting the power to shove Hedorah, Ebirah, and a building for hundreds if not thousands of meters. Yes, not every atomic ray he fires has that level of power, but is it so hard to say that Godzilla can control how much power he puts into his rays? I don’t think it’s right to do what some people do and just go “that was an outlier, he can’t do that in an FM”.

So in short, yeah most of the FW monsters aren’t super impressive, but I still think FW Godzilla himself is a powerhouse, maybe not to the extent some people think of him as, but I’d still say he’s the most overall powerful of the Millenium era Gojis, at the very least due to being actually capable of worthwhile melee.
All his atomic beam ever did was just push things around though. To my knowledge it only ever had wickedly explosive effects on buildings (Area G outpost, Sydney Opera House, etc). Sure you could bring up the meteor feat....but good god, that's a whole other can of worms.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

The problem with GFW Godzilla is that he's so wildly inconsistent. Everything he does ranges from mediocre to godly, with no rhyme or reason for such massive shifts in performance. His beam is the worst offender in that regard. With, say, GMK Godzilla, the strength of his beam roughly correlates to how long he charges it. A quick charge does very little, while a long charge is capable of one-shotting weaker monsters. But GFW's doesn't do that. There's times where beams with comparable charge times have drastically different effects, and even times where a longer charge does less than a quick charge. It's literally like he just rolls some dice every time he uses his beam. Yeah, there's always going to be SOME inconsistency with kaiju attacks, but it's like GFW Godzilla uses a d100 when everyone else uses a d6.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, time i throw my two sense into this mess.

FW Godzilla is tough, just not this whole "godly being that can beat anybody in fiction ever" tough. Sure his atomic breath is pretty bad to get hit with, but physically, he's really not that strong. Nothing he did besides throwing away Kumonga was ever that impressive, and his feat with Keizer Ghidorah was only done with a power boost. I think tons of kaiju that people say he loses to could actually beat him after a long fight.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Inferno Rodan wrote:The problem with GFW Godzilla is that he's so wildly inconsistent. Everything he does ranges from mediocre to godly, with no rhyme or reason for such massive shifts in performance. His beam is the worst offender in that regard. With, say, GMK Godzilla, the strength of his beam roughly correlates to how long he charges it. A quick charge does very little, while a long charge is capable of one-shotting weaker monsters. But GFW's doesn't do that. There's times where beams with comparable charge times have drastically different effects, and even times where a longer charge does less than a quick charge. It's literally like he just rolls some dice every time he uses his beam. Yeah, there's always going to be SOME inconsistency with kaiju attacks, but it's like GFW Godzilla uses a d100 when everyone else uses a d6.
Yeah, thinking on it, this was something else I wanted to address in my last post.

GFW Goji makes straight up no sense. So telling how strong he is will always be a coin toss between people. In general, its usually just comparing him at his best or worst depending on the opponent.

In conclusion, I'd say there IS no definitive answer here. Final Wars Godzilla will make no sense, even by the logic of his universe, but he will continue to do insane illogically cool things anyhow.

he might be the Godzilla who matches his film best, actually.....

RIP Evan.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

The way I see it, GFW is nearly invincible due to one thing: Hax.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GmkGoji wrote:The way I see it, GFW is nearly invincible due to one thing: Hax.
What hax does this motherfucker possibly have?
For Emperor and Empire!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:The way I see it, GFW is nearly invincible due to one thing: Hax.
What hax does this motherfucker possibly have?
The ability to defy the laws of physics by having a thrown monster SPEED UP after it's left his hands (Kumonga):P

In all seriousness, IR's correct in that FW Godzilla is so wildly inconsistent with his attacks and how powerful they are, trying to properly gauge him is like trying to gauge how strong a Loony Tunes character is. It's just not worth the effort, and also not helped by 90% of his opponents being fragile idiots who know nothing better than to charge head first into him and get flung away to their deaths.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!