TMVS round 3: Greyshot vs Chosen one's bloodline

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

TMVS round 3: Greyshot vs Chosen one's bloodline

Post by GmkGoji »

Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: TMVS round 3: Greyshot vs Chosen one's bloodline

Post by Greyshot151 »

Alright, this was one of the fights I was worried about but I think I still have a descent edge. Its close, but I think numbers and variety of powers are on my side.

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is a fight that I win cannon wise, so the REAL question is can Yuji, Midoria & Alphonse Elric get the win or at least, distract Luke long enough for Obi-Wan to come in and help? I would say, yes.

I'll give a detailed breakdown to Yuji but safe to say, even with his soul punching prowess, his minor regen, pain tolerance and immense power he's going to be the first to go down facing a lightsaber. Midoria can take out either fighter if an opening presents itself but this isn't season 2 Deku which means he has only 2 full power punches to land. Lastly, I think my real ace is Alphonse who can use his alchemy from afar control the battlefield. Since we are in a ruined LA, he can separate Anakin & Luke while avoiding a direct fight/peppering Luke with projectiles. Alphonse won't tire and his alchemy is endless while Luke can tire and his use of the force, while immense, still has limits.

As for Ob-Wan vs. Luke, I'll need to think on that more.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I feel like I should prop up Deku (Midoria) a little bit, because people seem to think that he's nothing but single-use fists here. Not remotely true. First, though, do we assume that the characters know they're in a fantasy match and can't actually die until their team is eliminated? Because that will impact how Deku operates in these fights, although he brings a useful trait either way.

A. He assumes this is a normal battle with normal consequences. If that's the case, he becomes a reliable bodyguard. His teammates will not die while he's conscious. He will do anything and everything to save them, including sacrificing himself. He'll be smiling the whole time. That's fundamentally what he is.

B. He knows no one is in real danger. If that's the case, his tactical mastery will have more time to shine.

That's arguably his biggest asset, much more valuable than his strength at this point in his career. He is a natural born leader and tactician, easily able to think on his feet and make use of his teammates' abilities. He can analyze a situation like no one else and come up with some loony plan to deal with it. Case in point, he will quickly grasp that his team doesn't have to beat Luke, just endure and distract until Obi-Wan drops Anakin and comes to take Luke to school.

His god-tier pain tolerance needs to be mentioned, too. Breaking his arms won't put him down. He's like a Pacific Rim kaiju: you need to destroy him to take him out of the fight.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 pm I feel like I should prop up Deku (Midoria) a little bit, because people seem to think that he's nothing but single-use fists here. Not remotely true. First, though, do we assume that the characters know they're in a fantasy match and can't actually die until their team is eliminated? Because that will impact how Deku operates in these fights, although he brings a useful trait either way.

A. He assumes this is a normal battle with normal consequences. If that's the case, he becomes a reliable bodyguard. His teammates will not die while he's conscious. He will do anything and everything to save them, including sacrificing himself. He'll be smiling the whole time. That's fundamentally what he is.

B. He knows no one is in real danger. If that's the case, his tactical mastery will have more time to shine.

That's arguably his biggest asset, much more valuable than his strength at this point in his career. He is a natural born leader and tactician, easily able to think on his feet and make use of his teammates' abilities. He can analyze a situation like no one else and come up with some loony plan to deal with it. Case in point, he will quickly grasp that his team doesn't have to beat Luke, just endure and distract until Obi-Wan drops Anakin and comes to take Luke to school.

His god-tier pain tolerance needs to be mentioned, too. Breaking his arms won't put him down. He's like a Pacific Rim kaiju: you need to destroy him to take him out of the fight.
Had anyone ever had the characters know they are in a fight where the stakes don’t really matter since they won’t actually be dead? Cause if we go by they all know they aren’t in any real danger, everyone might just screw around since there are no stakes to force them to try killing or incapacitating their opponents other than they are just supposed to for some reason.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 pm First, though, do we assume that the characters know they're in a fantasy match and can't actually die until their team is eliminated?
I am obviously not the person running this tournament, but I have always seen these tournaments as functioning essentially as “everyone is in-character, but with slight adjustments to allow for the fights to occur”, like characters who usually try to solve things non-violently first fighting immediately, and heroes and villains working together. I don’t think these characters have meta-knowledge like what you’re suggesting, especially because arguing with that would be a gigantic headache with all you’d have to consider in it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, well then Deku at least functions as a meat shield, and does some strategizing when he gets time. He's good at multitasking, so he'll still be helpful in that role.

EDIT: I'm not going to vote because I have no idea what Elric or the other anime guy can do. Just tossing out some food for thought.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

JAGzilla wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 pm ...Deku knowledge...
Completely agree with your assessment. Honestly, its why I choose Midoria. I wanted the most intelligent fighters I could get my hands on and while Yuji is not one of them... I think Midoria's abilities to decipher strengths and weaknesses will be a major asset to Yuji and Alphonse in this fight.

If voting has commenced, will be voting for myself.

As I noted earlier, Obiwan beats Anakin canon wise and I think my other trio can hold off Luke for Obi-Wan to help them finish him off. Considering Alphonse can manipulate the battlefield endlessly while Anakin and Luke can tire also lends to this argument.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I think Greyshot has this, barely, for the reasons he’s already mentioned.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Greyshot. Having Obi Wan is a big help here.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image