The Voyager Cup R4 - Godzilla (Showa) + Anguirus (Showa) + Rodan (Showa) vs Rodan (MV) + Mothra (MV)

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

The Voyager Cup R4 - Godzilla (Showa) + Anguirus (Showa) + Rodan (Showa) vs Rodan (MV) + Mothra (MV)

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla (Showa) + Anguirus (Showa) + Rodan (Showa) vs Rodan (MV) + Mothra (MV)

Standard Showa Scaling

Post your votes in bold.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Voyager Cup R4 - Godzilla (Showa) + Anguirus (Showa) + Rodan (Showa) vs Rodan (MV) + Mothra (MV)

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I actually think the MV duo has a chance.

Showa Rodan’s screwed in the air against two radically better flyers. Yes he fought Showa Godzilla for a while, but he did no lasting damage at all and was up against 64 Godzilla, who is far weaker than 70s Godzilla. He was more annoying to Godzilla than anything else there.

Anguirus can’t really do too much to either one of them, he could go for a leap I suppose but either Rodan or Mothra could easily avoid it. Rodan and Mothra’s claws will rip into Anguirus, either one could quickly and easily blind him.

Showa Godzilla never did well in 2v1s, even at his peak, which means he’ll be hard pressed to bring either of them down once Rodan and Anguirus are unable to fight. They might just be able to wear him down, especially if Mothra gets onto his back and starts using the stinger.

I’m not voting yet, and do still lean the Showa team just because Godzilla getting his hands on one of the MV duo is a death sentence for whichever one he grabs, but this isn’t as one-sided as one may think.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: The Voyager Cup R4 - Godzilla (Showa) + Anguirus (Showa) + Rodan (Showa) vs Rodan (MV) + Mothra (MV)

Post by Voyager »

Showa Gang takes this after a rather annoying battle. Rodan and Mothra will be hard to hit, especially for Rody and Angy, who they can simply outmaneuver. They'll be swooping in doing hit and runs, but if one of them gets caught by Godzilla, they're so dead. With one down, it won't take long for the other to meet a similar fate.
For Emperor and Empire!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Showa has this but my MVP might surprise a few people.

Rodan is absolutely screwed. Showa perished in a volcano while MV IS the volcano. He'll be the first to go after the pair and fall, HARD.

The next is Showa Godzilla. Mothra's got a bit of brain compared to her partner, so knocking out Showa Goji is a logical choice for her. She'll probably take an atomic ray to the face, but with a precise sting, Godzilla will go down leaving him unconscious and Anguirus the last one standing.

Note - Based on the film. Assuming Mothra can only use the stinger once or at least the poison in it once.

And on this spiked carapace the pair find a rock they can't crack...

If the pair try to go atop Anguirus, he'll just perform a backward jump and smash them to the ground. Anguirus' shell is tough enough to withstand Mothra's stinger and while the pair will hurt Anguirus, his endurance and determination to protect a fallen Goji will give Goji the time he needs to wake up. Again, Anguirus doesn't need to win this fight, just ensure Mothra or Rodan don't kill Godzilla while he sleeps. A feat I think he can do so when Godzilla awakens to help his ally, the battle is over.

Rodan and Mothra might be a pair of aerial aces in the Monsterverse, but even they couldn't show-a path to victory against this team.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Both Rodan and Mothra are maneuverable compared to Showa Rodan which means the pterosaur is going down first since they're the ones airborne while the others are stuck on the ground (for the most part). Fighting Godzilla and Anguirus is going to be where things get tough for the two. The two have better cohesion and experience as a team, which means they would likely stick together to make up for the speed and maneuverability being used against them. Anguirus is a pushover, but he's a resilient pushover which works with Godzilla's durability and regeneration. Add being able to possibly outlast them (especially Godzilla) with an atomic ray to even the playing field and having better teamwork and I think Godzilla and his amazing friends could pull off a win here.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Despite having a devastating weapon, Mothra is clearly her team's weak link. The Atomic Ray would probably mess her up, and she's done if Godzilla or Anguirus get a hold of her. She'll fight, and MV Rodan will fight harder and meaner, but they don't have what it takes to bring down The Showa Team.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio