The Voyager Cup R2 - Godzilla (MV) vs SpaceGodzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Voyager
Keizer

The Voyager Cup R2 - Godzilla (MV) vs SpaceGodzilla

Post by Voyager »

Godzilla (MV) vs SpaceGodzilla

Rules: Standard Heisei Scaling

Post your votes in bold.
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: The Voyager Cup R2 - Godzilla (MV) vs SpaceGodzilla

Post by Breakdown »

I believe this was done before, but that was when G'14 had just been released in theaters. The consensus there was that MV Godzilla is an absolute tank that could probably shrug off enough of SpaceGodzilla's arsenal to get in close and throttle him, but ultimately had no way to put him down for good. Now that KOTM came out and we have more feats for MV Godzilla.....I don't think it really changes much. We know now that Godzilla could probably last even longer than previously thought and he'd absolutely brutalize SG in melee even worse than previously thought, however the main problem remains: Godzilla can't put SpaceGodzilla down for good. To that, I'm going to abstain until I see other people's arguments.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla will beat the crud out of Spacegodzilla should he get in range. However, the Gravity Tornado and flight will make it tough to close the distance. Spacegodzilla throwing crystals are going to make destroying them risky (which I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to try). The shield will nullify the atomic ray as per usual with energy based long range attacks. If he can weaken him enough, Godzilla could win. Since I don't see that happening, Spacegodzilla has my vote.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

This is extremely close, so I'll abstain for now.
For Emperor and Empire!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Leaning MV Godzilla but abstaining for now. General thoughts:

1) So if this if this is a random location, wouldn't that mean SpaceGodzilla starts out with no fortress? So less power. I mean he can create a fortress mid-fight, but he'll be busy fighting. Note, he didn't create new crystals when he fought Heisei.

2) Godzilla's raw strength is going to thrash SpaceGodzilla. Like, I think he could break the shoulder crystals with pure melee alone.

3) MV Godzilla atomic blast certainly will be blocked at a distance and won't kill SG if it hit, but at close range it would absolutely FLOOR him. If a full power blast floored Ghidorah, it would launch SG if it connected a fair distance.

4) Intelligence is going to help Godzilla immensely. Unlike Heisei, MV has been shown to learn his enemies attack patterns and make unorthodox moves. The Female Muto kiss of death. Focusing Ghidorah's heads. If he breaks a shoulder crystal in the melee, he will not hesitate to destroy the other.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m actually going with Godzilla here. Since SG has no fortress to start, he’ll have to make one mid fight. That’ll be hard since he also has to focus on a behemoth charging him, and knocking him around with an atomic ray. Goji definitely has the power to destroy those shoulder crystals and the intelligence to figure it out.

Also, as mentioned by Greyshot, he didn’t create new crystals as he fought with Heisei Goji. So I believe that he wouldn’t even bother trying here as his enemy is right up on his face.

Once Godzilla is up close, deals major damage and destroys his shoulder pads, all Goji has to do is stomp down, whether it be SG’s chest, or head.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SpaceGodzilla. He’ll be overwhelmed in melee, but between the Corona Beam, levitation, and the Gravity Tornado, he has the means to keep MV Goji back and away. After an initial struggle in melee, SG’s gonna realize he cannot afford to risk getting up close like he could against Heisei G. And at range, even MV Godzilla’s armor is going to break beneath Corona Beam spam. SG likely won’t make a full-fledged fortress in the middle of the fight, but he’ll still probably be seeding the ground with crystals like he did on Birth Island for just a bit of a boost and recharge. What also can’t be ignored is the possibility of SpaceGodzilla hitting the gills with his Corona Beam, realizing it’s a weak spot, and spamming it apart. I can’t imagine it would take more than a few Corona Beams to the gills to put MV Godzilla down.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

The question here is: Will Godzilla get close enough? In my opinion, YES. I think that eventually, Godzilla will be able to get up close and beat the crud out of Spacgodzilla, but after having to weather through Spacegodzilla's storm.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!