King of the Monsters 2020 R2 - Zeppandon vs. King Ghidorah (MV)

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

King of the Monsters 2020 R2 - Zeppandon vs. King Ghidorah (MV)

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Zeppandon vs. King Ghidorah (MV)

Arena: Tokyo (Modern)
Rules: Standard Heisei size scaling. Please use resources available (TK, Ultra Wikia, Youtube, etc) for information on monsters not familiar with before posting results.

POST YOUR VOTE IN BOLD

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Re: King of the Monsters 2020 R2 - Zeppandon vs. King Ghidorah (MV)

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

This would be fun to watch.

Zeppandon’s habit of letting his opponents just whale on him is going to get him in a serious pickle here. That approach might have worked against Ultraman Orb, but I doubt he’ll find Ghidorah’s exceptional size, strength, and speed as easy to deal with. So Ghidorah’s advantage in a purely physical combat scenario is indisputable.

However, Zeppandon is well-equipped to manage a physical assault. For starters, he’s fantastically durable, so much so that his damage resistance is arguably on a higher level than MV Godzilla’s. He also has the ability to teleport or just straight-up blast his way out of any...ticklish situation he gets into. At the very least, Ghidorah isn’t going to find hurting the Demon Beast to be an easy task. And at a distance, the golden dragon is outclassed. With his opponent’s natural durability and energy shields nullifying his Gravity Beams, he has no real answer to Zeppandon’s purple lasers and fire bullets beyond attempting to weather the storm and get up close again. And that’s not a sustainable strategy in the long run.

Yeah, I’m siding with the chimera. He has solid counters against Ghidorah’s melee assaults, while the three-headed dragon is decidedly less well-equipped to fight evenly in ranged combat. And this WILL become a ranged battle at some point. First-class defense + repeated bursts of potent purple lasers and fire bullets = a win for Zeppandon after a good fight.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This. Is. Going. To. Succccccccccccccccccccccccck.

These two are fucking monsters in durability, endurance, powers, basically everything. It's going to be an endless whale fest.

However, in the end, I say King Ghidorah barely edges out. Sure, the teleportation, durability, and absorption of beams will suck but KG has two aces up his sleeve: regeneration and power sucking. He finally grabs Zeppandon, he can start lessening the onslaught, and just avoiding him while he regenerates can keep him long enough to make it to Round 3.

RIP Evan.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:This. Is. Going. To. Succccccccccccccccccccccccck.

These two are skreeonking monsters in durability, endurance, powers, basically everything. It's going to be an endless whale fest.

However, in the end, I say King Ghidorah barely edges out. Sure, the teleportation, durability, and absorption of beams will suck but KG has two aces up his sleeve: regeneration and power sucking. He finally grabs Zeppandon, he can start lessening the onslaught, and just avoiding him while he regenerates can keep him long enough to make it to Round 3.
Just a friendly reminder that Ghidorah’s regeneration is demonstratively NOT combat effective. He clearly showed an inability (or no inclination, take your pick) to heal any of his injuries in an active fight. And that won’t change against Zeppandon. It’s also implied that his exceptional healing factor only comes into play when there’s a sufficient amount of radiation to absorb in the environment. And that won’t be the case in this battle.

Any way you slice it, regeneration is not a factor Ghiddy can rely on in this little skirmish.
Last edited by EmperorGhidorah on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

King Ghidorah does have the ability to supercharge himself, given how they’re fighting in a major city. He’ll probably have to, given how he’s up against a Swiss army tank. Scaled up to Heisei standards, Maga Orochi should be around as heavy as the Heisei mechs, and Thunder Breastar absolutely smacked him around yet could barely budge Zeppandon. That plus a million and one abilities means KG’s in for the long haul. King Ghidorah meanwhile does have a solid advantage in aggression and speed, plus his supercharged Gravity Beams I think could break Zeppandon’s shield like Orb Origin did. Zeppandon’s arsenal will make King Ghidorah hurt, but he can take it for a time given how well he handled Godzilla’s beam. Teleportation will prevent King Ghidorah from getting in a solid, truly damaging assault.

I think this is going to be the toughest match to decide for this round. Leaning Zeppandon, not making a vote yet.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Shortly after unleashing his electric storm in the final battle, KG regenerated his wounds. Perhaps KG required a power boost from his electric grid snack to accomplish this, but given this fight takes place in Tokyo, something similar could happen.

I'm currently undecided. Zeppandon is a powerhouse that could easily win this tournament. King Ghidorah, however, is notoriously difficult to kill, having been reduced to a single head that Godzilla was snacking on before being disintegrated. Extremely close fight.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Tomzilla wrote:Shortly after unleashing his electric storm in the final battle, KG regenerated his wounds. Perhaps KG required a power boost from his electric grid snack to accomplish this, but given this fight takes place in Tokyo, something similar could happen.
Yeah, ok, I totally didn’t notice that. I was completely wrong then; if Ghidorah manages to absorb a sufficient amount of electricity, either from the environment or from Zeppandon’s electrical blast, he’ll be able to regenerate at least superficial damage here.

This is probably going to be one of the closest fights in the whole tournament.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

King Ghidorah.

This will be a brutal fight with neither really gaining an upper hand, until King Ghidorah supercharges himself.

First off, they’re fighting in Tokyo, which absolutely dwarfs Boston, so make of that what you will regarding KG’s supercharge.

Supercharged King Ghidorah was decimating post-nuke MV Godzilla in melee. While Zeppandon could handle Thunder Breastar’s assault with little issue, KG is much better suited to overwhelm in a physical conflict. As well, Zeppandon’s shield has limits. Even if the triple gravity bolt can’t break through it before the supercharge, the supercharged version can given the attack by Orb that broke through the shield seems to be weaker. And, if once still doesn’t work, twice or thrice definitely will.

Don’t get me wrong, Zeppandon’s will still put up a real good fight once the supercharge happens, but I just think he doesn’t have enough to deal with the insane power that he’ll be up against once KG starts chomping power plants.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

I'm leaning towards the False King. Zeppandon is durable enough to weather the storm of Ghidorah's attacks; likewise, Ghidorah is durable enough to do the same. Ghidorah's energy beams will do next to nothing; Zeppandon's energy strikes -- assuming they inflicted damage -- will be negated by Ghidorah's regeneration. These two are evenly matched except for one thing: Zeppandon has no solid defense against Ghidorah's energy-draining attacks. Zeppandon's shield would only be delaying the inevitable. Winner: King Ghidorah

(Freaking tough fight. It could easily go either way or never end.)
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”