King of the Monsters 2020 - Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gipsy Danger + Striker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

King of the Monsters 2020 - Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gipsy Danger + Striker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gipsy Danger + Stryker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon

Arena: Infant Island
Rules: Standard Heisei size scaling. Please use resources available (TK, Ultra Wikia, Youtube, etc) for information on monsters not familiar with before posting results.

POST YOUR VOTE IN BOLD
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: King of the Monsters 2020 - Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gipsy Danger + Striker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon

Post by Tomzilla »

It's Gamera's fight to lose. The Jaegers would make him work for it for sure. But the difference is Gamera can afford to take damage where the Jaegers can't. In fact, Gamera's resiliency and pain tolerance are legendary. The Jaegers themselves are no slouch; Gipsy, for example, can sustain heavy damage and find a way to win. But there's no escaping a Fireball salvo. Gipsy might be able to remain operational after taking one fireball, but the same can't be said of her allies. While Gipsy's CQC are vastly superior (Gipsy would run literal circles around Gamera, carving him up something fierce), I just can't see the Jaegers weathering Gamera's fiery onslaught and taking home the prize. Winner: Gamera
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Re: King of the Monsters 2020 - Gamera (Heisei) vs. Gipsy Danger + Striker Eureka + Crimson Typhoon

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

If Gamera can gun down each of the Jaegers before they reach him, he has this. If the Jaegers can close the distance and dogpile him... I don't see the turtle coming out of here alive. And I think the latter is more likely than the former.I know the Jaegers are agile enough to dodge a fireball, especially since there's plenty of charge time on them, and all those blades are going to add up as Gamera becomes the world's biggest blood donor.

Team Jaeger in my book.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

IIRC, Gamera isn't all that quick or powerful hand-to-hand. The Jaegers will decimate him if they get in close, and I think they will more often than not.

The Jaegers take this.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It's not the vote I want to cast- but I don't think Gamera has the durability for this. He has the super-moves that could win this- fireball spam, mana beam, plasma fist- but I don't think he'd deploy them in time. I think the Jaegers would take him down.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gamera has a slight advantage speed wise (especially if he gets airborn), but I'm with the majority, eventually, the Jaegers take him down

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

If it was in character for Gamera to really utilize his flight against opponents that don’t fly, I’d be stuck on this one because the Jaegers would be powerless as long as he stayed in the air. But he’ll likely be staying on the ground, where his fireballs will definitely do some heavy damage, but not enough to stop three deadly fighters from shredding him. Team Jaeger.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Is everyone forgetting how physically strong Gamera was? Elbow spikes could probably split a Jaeger in two. I also have no doubt Gamera's fireballs would blow up any Jaeger that gets hit with them. Gamera.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I mean... I mostly remember him spraying copious amounts of blood in every melee encounter. :)

I agree that the fireballs would have a strong effect- but not that he would lead with them, or be able to hit effectively once the Jagers were in to close range. Like I said in my post, Gamera has the tools to win this... but he usually doesn't pull them out until a ways into the battle, and I think in this case, waiting that long with the Jagers would let them manhandle and perforate him in close-quarters, to the point of being defeated before he could change tactics.

I mean, I suppose if he could separate himself by taking off, then fireballing them from the air, he might have a chance. If he could break free from the dogpile before taking a mortal wound. I'd entertain that argument.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Is everyone forgetting how physically strong Gamera was? Elbow spikes could probably split a Jaeger in two. I also have no doubt Gamera's fireballs would blow up any Jaeger that gets hit with them. Gamera.

No one is denying Gamera is strong... its just he's nowhere agile or competent enough to handle someone unrestricted like the jaegers, who WILL be running circles around him. If he hands a blow on one, that jaeger is dead... but with three fast mobile targets, it's not in his favor...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Against any one of these Jaegers Gamera would have at least a decent chance of winning. But against all three? He's gonna get carved up like a turkey.

The Jaegers win.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Even taking to the air won't guarantee anything for Gamera. Don't forget that the Jaegers have powerful ranged weapons available- Gipsy and Crimson's Plasmacasters, and Striker's missiles. Gamera, let us not forget, was knocked out of the air twice by conventional military weapons.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The opponents both have good melee and ranged weapons but Gamera has the advantage of flight and mana absorption. The jaegers may give him a hard time but I think Gamera will come out on top.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Honestly, i'm leaning the jaegers. Gamera probably will be able to take out at least one, but eventually, he gets messed up pretty bad. The Jeagers win.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!