Monster Mayhem Bonus Round

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Bonus Round

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Girabot193
- Godzilla (2000)
- King Ghidorah (Heisei)
- King Kong (2005)
- Gigan (2004) V1
- Rodan ('64)
- Gipsy Danger
- Baragon (01)
- Fire Rodan
- Kiryu V2
- Grand King Ghidorah
- Godzilla (Showa)
- King Joe (Original)
- Gyaos (Showa)
- Cyber-Zilla
- Gorosaurus
- Orga

Vs.

GodzillavsDitto
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Mothra (1964)
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- The Big One
- Mothra ('03)
- Megaguirus
- Mechani-Kong
- Gigan (Showa)
- Destroyah
- Monster X
- Guiron
- Gomora (Original)
- Zetton (Original)
- Gamera (Showa)
- Godzillasaurus
- Eleking (Original)

/

Zarm2012
- Godzilla (Heisei)
- Battra
- Jiger
- Jet Jaguar
- Sanda
- Godzilla Junior
- Anguirus (1968)
- Mothra (2001)
- Mechagodzilla 1975
- Zone FIGHTAH
- Shin Godzilla
- Male MUTO
- Godzilla (2002/03)
- Godzilla (1954)

Vs.

MuchWowSuchCoobzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female)
- Kumonga (2004)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka
- King Kong ('17)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
- Zilla Junior
- Mechagodzilla (1974)
- King Kong (1933)
- Gaira
- King Kong (1962)
- Mothra Larva
- Anguirus (55)
- Frankenstein (Toho)
- Gigan V2
- Gwangi
- Ultraseven

Rules:
Kaiju
- No retreating
- King Ghidorah (2001) is at full power
- There is no way for Godzilla 2004 to become Keizer
- Zone Fighter cannot be recharged
- Kiryu has the normal power limit, and cannot be recharged
- Fire Rodan cannot revive anyone
- King Kong 1962 is charged
- Monster X can become Keizer Ghidorah after 3 minutes of fighting. He will transform instantly.
- EMPs are enabled
- Destroyah can only reform 5 times
- Mothra (2001) can only revive a Rank 2 from Zarm's team (his choice)
- No friendly fire
- Attacks from kaiju will only affect kaiju their team they are fighting, so Shin doesn’t sweep the field. This includes EMPs.
- For the sake of discussion, these kaiju will resist EMPs: Cyber-Zilla and the Gigan's
- Shin Godzilla will sleep for 8 minutes
- Battra is in Larval form for the entirety of the match
- Gyaos resists the sun
- Don't call the Male MUTO an eyesore on Zarm2012's team

Behavioral
- Team Girabot193 vs. Team GodzillavsDitto/Team MuchWowSuchCoobzilla vs. Zarm2012 will be the first battles.
- The survivors of the winning teams will fight each other. Vote for whoever wins that battle.
- Teams will stick together.

Arena: The Moon (there is air and normal gravity)

Zarm, pick which Rank 2 draft kaiju Mothra 2001 will revive upon death (excluding Jet Jaguar). Voting may begin with your answer.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Mayhem Bonus Round

Post by Zarm »

Looks like it's either Godzilla Junior or Anguirus... I'll go with Junior.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Voting may begin!
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ooof. For team Zarm2012, Shin Godzilla is really going to have to earn his pay with that opening sweep- with the longer sleep time, the rest of the battle is likely to be concluded in his absence, and with the severe numbers disparity, unless his two minutes of havoc take out a large number of the opposing team, the conclusion seems forgone.

Thanks to EMPs on both sides, we both lose two mechs- but I'd hazard that Jet Jaguar is a greater loss than Striker Eureka, especially for a team with so few number. It's basically my own team, but with the addition of two Godzillas that- unfortunately- I don't think that much of.

Fortunately, I could see Shin's sweep taking out anywhere from 5 to about 8 of the opposing team- I'm not sure about Kong 2017, Zilla Jr., or Gaira- but even then, the opposition includes Final Wars Godzilla to tie up Heisei in an epic battle, showa King Ghidorah, and the 2014 duo. On first blush, the prognosis doesn't seem great. But I'll wait until I sort it out in more detail. (I'm not sure about Ultraseven versus Zone Fighter. I don't know enough about Ultraseven- and was especially unable to find any info on his ESP attack. He certainly seems to have a lesser power set than Zone Fighter does, but it also seems as if he may have a greater endurance limit...)

For the other match, I favor Girabot; despite EMP losses, he fields a pretty devastating set of powerhouses with the new additions. But once again, I will have to fully break it down; this is just initial impressions.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Shin’s beam spam will leave it like this:
MuchWowSuchCoobzilla
- Godzilla (2014).1
- Godzilla (2004).2
- MUTO (Female).3
- King Ghidorah (Showa).4
- Zilla Junior.5
- Mechagodzilla (1974) (decommissioned)
- King Kong (1962).7
- Anguirus (55).8
- Gigan V2.9
- Gwangi.10
- Ultraseven.11

Zarm2012
- Godzilla (Heisei).1
- Battra.10
- Jiger.7.9
- Jet Jaguar (decommissioned)
- Godzilla Junior.4
- Anguirus (1968).8
- Mechagodzilla 1975 (decommissioned)
- Zone FIGHTAH.11
- Shin Godzilla (zzzz)
- Male MUTO.3.5
- Godzilla (2002/03).2.3

Matching numbers fight each other.

So here’s how it goes: Godzilla Legendary or ’04 vs. Godzilla Heisei, Godzilla Legendary or ’04 vs. Godzilla 2002. Heisei Godzilla is in a stalemate situation and Godzilla 2002 is losing. The Male MUTO, with his grudges and such, will probably engage Legendary Godzilla. That would tip the balance in favor of whoever LPG is fighting. However, it leaves an empty slot on his team, meaning someone else will be double teamed and likely defeated quickly. The Anguirus’s fight, and 1955 would eventually win due to his in-your-face style. Godzilla Junior will probably be stuck fighting King Ghidorah… not good for him. His atomic breath is inferior to Godzilla Showa’s, which wouldn’t do much to King Ghidorah. Zone Fighter and Ultraseven are pretty much even.

Zilla Junior kills Male MUTO… activating Mechagodzilla ’74, who will unleash destruction in the form of the all-out-assault pretty quickly, leaving Zarm’s team like this:

Zarm2012
- Godzilla (Heisei).1.5.8
- Battra.10.7.9
- Jet Jaguar (decommissioned)
- Mechagodzilla 1975 (decommissioned)
- Zone FIGHTAH.11.4
- Shin Godzilla (zzzz)
- Godzilla (2002/03).2.3.6

Battra goes down, followed by Zone Fighter. Godzilla 2002 goes down as well. But for the sake of the discussion, let’s say by now Shin Godzilla wakes up and goes rampaging again. Here it is after the 2 min:

MuchWowSuchCoobzilla
- Godzilla (2014).1
- Godzilla (2004).2
- King Ghidorah (Showa).4
- Mechagodzilla (1974).6
- King Kong (1962).7
- Ultraseven.11
Zarm2012
- Godzilla (Heisei).1.2.4.6.7.11
- Shin Godzilla (zzzz)
Even after taking that many hits, we still have the numbers and power advantage, even with a newly awakened JJ and Mechagodzilla ’75. Jet Jaguar gets dismantled, then Mechagodzilla 1975 does (he may take out Ultraseven if he’s fast enough, but he is sluggish so not sure). Godzilla Heisei and Shin Godzilla get overtaken.

That why I lean Team MuchWowSuchCoobzilla against Zarm2012. I’ll come up with Girabot193 vs. GodzillavsDitto in the next few days.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I'm curious- where do you get Junior's ray being inferior to showa's?

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Zarm wrote:I'm curious- where do you get Junior's ray being inferior to showa's?
He's a shrimp, and I don't remember it doing anything comparable to Showa's best feats - being used to transport himself at Mach 1, melting boulders and tanks, blowing up Zone Fighter kaiju.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Lack of feats doesn't equate to a definitive benchmark; just lack of a benchmark. Heisei's heat ray was the hottest on record, in the millions of degrees. Showa's, if I recall correctly, was 100,000? Distinctly less hot, less explosive- potentially with more kinetic force due to the flying feat, and longer duration than Heisei's typical bursts.

Junior is a Juvenile form of Heisei Godzilla. His ray was, from all appearances, identical in structure. Even factoring in a reduction in power for the not-yet-mature form, Heisei's ray is many factors of magnitude more powerful than Showa's. I'd wager that a fraction of multiple orders of magnitude higher equals out to equivalent fairly well. :) That said, it was enough to take down the Destroyah aggregate, a foe his own size, with relatively little difficulty, iirc.

At best, you could classify it as 'unknown.' I don't think there's sufficient available evidence to classify it as definitively weaker.

I'm also curious as to why MechaGodzilla '74 unleashes destruction in the form of an all-out assault, and MechaGodzilla 75 simply... falls, maybe taking out UltraSeven? Especially as this is a MechaGodzilla that tends to lead with his devastating rotating missiles...

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Mechagodzilla 1975 is a very sluggish robot. He does lead with the rotating missiles; which will kill Ultraseven. But Mechagodzilla 1974 is much quicker on the draw, especially considering he's been in the fight longer and "has his bearings". That and Mechagodzilla 1975 will be overwhelmed means he will most likely not get off anything more than what will kill Ultraseven, who tends to lead with melee and presents himself as a target for ranged.

Basically, Mechagodzilla 1975 is a slow robot who just got thrust into battle with a melee titan and another Mechagodzilla who is a gunslinger.
Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think we will have to disagree on their respective qualities. I don't see '75 as anything other than a superior version of '74 with heavier armament- an upgrade, not a downgrade. Virtually identical, save for the added arsenal and altered control system.

That said, I'll try to find time for my own analysis Wednesday.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

... well ain't this an unholy conglomerate of a team I got here.

I'll focus on Girabot vs GvD first. So Meg's presence knocks out Kiryu... He will be missed, assurdly, until Megs gets blown out of the sky, which will happen given how poorly she makes use of her speed. Now, GvD's team has the more members... but most of them are not what I'd call highly durable. Showa Gamera and the Showa Ultraman kaiju in particular, along with Mechani-Kong, the Mothras, and Guiron are not going to be enjoying life from my team, with all the beams flying in all directions. You got G2000, GKG, Heisei Ghidorah, and Cyber-zilla with their beams and raged weapons ready to rip and tear through the enemy team. Almost anyone on the other side hit by G2000's beam is going to be in a world of hurt... My team just has the overall more efficient and dangerous fighters. The likes of Hedorah, Titano, and Dessy can be annoyances... but my team does have the tools to take them down (especially Titano and Dessy, the former absolutely allergic to powerful beams, and the later who hates extreme temperatures on both sides... and G2000's beam is going to be putting in work, along with everyone else's beams.

BUT WAIT, WE ALSO COME WITH THE DELUXE SHOWA GODZILLA PACKAGE! Call now in the next 5 minutes, and we'll add in a free kung fu fighting Godzilla who's more than capable of throwing around kaiju over double his weight with ease, and with a very potent beam in his own right. Almost anyone here who tries to fight Showa 1v1 is quickly going to experience a world of hurt and quickly go down, and Orga... Orga's super scabbing powers are going to keep him alive and able to at least push people and send them flying with his beams for a long time... unless he tries to eat Dessy, and then melts at the molecular level from eating a living Oxygen Destroyer or something...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Giratina93 wrote:BUT WAIT, WE ALSO COME WITH THE DELUXE SHOWA GODZILLA PACKAGE! Call now in the next 5 minutes, and we'll add in a free kung fu fighting Godzilla who's more than capable of throwing around kaiju over double his weight with ease, and with a very potent beam in his own right.
Nicely put. :) Yeah, that's the part that's tipping my vote toward this team...

Added in 53 minutes 28 seconds:
The critical aspect of Shin to me is that he doesn’t discriminate. When he sweeps across the enemy team, everyone gets a share of the hit. Yes, some kaiju are weak enough o die from this, and others, as fairly noted, will survive… but they still take damage. Not to a crippling degree, for the stronger kaiju… but it’s important to remember in these matchups that the other team is still bearing wounds. So, for instance, MechaGodzilla and Striker Eureka are out of the fight- but they’re still subject to defenseless damage from the sweep. So my own accounting of the enemy team post-sweep is a little more like:
- Godzilla (2014) (minor wounds)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female) (minor wounds)
- King Ghidorah (2001) (wounded)
- Striker Eureka (nearly destroyed) (incapacitated)
- King Kong ('17) (heavily wounded)
- King Ghidorah (Showa) (lightly wounded)
- Zilla Junior (wounded)
- Mechagodzilla (1974) (moderately damaged) (incapacitated)
- Anguirus (55) (wounded)
- Gigan V2 (damaged)
- Gwangi (mortally woudned, if surviving)
- Ultraseven (wounded)

And that makes a huge differences. Matches that would be even (such as Zone Fighter vs. Ultraseven) begin to lean toward my team’s favor due to the pre-existing wounds as a tiebreaker. Matches where one fighter emerges victoroious by a non-massive margin (Anguirus ’55 over Anguirus ’68) become mutually-assured destruction matches, owing to the pre-exiting woudns serving as levelers to bring the strong opponent down to an even keel.

Now, you can disagree with my identifications of wound-severity, or those that were tkaen out; but the fact remains that everyone will bear the after-effects of the sweep, and that will be an aid to their opponents.

Now, the good news with this matchup is- the numbers are even! I would concur with the prior analysis that Heisei and 2004 are going to keep each-other busy; if Heisei is not double-teamed and the fight lasts until Shin’s second sweep, I do think he’ll prevail; but it’ll be quick.

As noted, I think Zone Fighter will prevail over Ultraseven due to the latter’s wounds, but I’m comfortable counting him out of the fight in the process. Likewise, I can see (thanks to 55’s wounds) both Anguiruses taking each-other out. That leaves…

- Godzilla (2014) (minor wounds)
- MUTO (Female) (minor wounds)
- King Ghidorah (2001) (wounded)
- King Kong ('17) (heavily wounded)
- King Ghidorah (Showa) (lightly wounded)
- Zilla Junior (wounded)
- Gigan V2 (damaged)
- Gwangi (mortally woudned, if surviving)

vs.

- Battra
- Jiger
- Sanda
- Godzilla Junior (with two lives)
- Mothra (2001)
- Male MUTO
- Godzilla (2002/03)
- Godzilla (1954)

Now, I’d suggest that Godzilla ’54 can overcome the wounded Gwangi (that seems a natural match, there could be others)… and to give my least-favorite kaiju the benefit of a doubt, I’ll accept that even wounded, Zilla Junior could eventually kill the male MUTO (with some entirely-biased skepticism). ;) Pretty much anyone could finish off the badly-injured Kong (to give the max benefit of the doubt to the other team, we’ll make it a mutual-anihilation with Sanda).

Now, here’s the thing- team MuchWowCoobzilla does still have the advantage here. Despite wounds, they have three damage spounges (the 2014 duo and KG) who, despite not being heavy-hitters in the Heisei/MechaGodzilla sense, can still dish out some above-average punishment… and two less-durable but very deadly fighters.

Team Zarm2012, but contrast, has Battra and Godzilla as heavy-hitters, Junior and Jiger as simillar damage-potential-without-great-soak-abilities, and Mothra as… well, an aid, more than anything. She could polish off a mortally wounded foe… but these folks, not so much.

Now, I would push Zilla Jr.’s victory back a bit further, closer to Shin’s second sweep, and depending on who engages the female MUTO, maybe see both EMPs ending a little closer together. But, assuming Coobzilla’s scenario is accurate, I could definitely see MechaG doing significant damage (and Striker dying very fast)- but then perishing in Shin’s second sweep.

Thence would come a hard-to-predict crucial epriod where several of my kaiju (like Heisei) may overcome their post-second-sweep-injured counterparts, but would also be outnumbered and prone to team-ups, unless the female MUTO falls right around then, in which case ’75 and Jet could even things up, and… frankly, it could go either way there.

Right now, leaning MuchWowSuchCoobzilla 6/10; it just gets a little too messy to call, but the scenarios favoring that team outnumber those favoring ours.

Meanwhile… yeah, GodzillavsDitto fields some potent combos- Hedorah, Titanosaurus, Megalon & Gigan, and Destroyah… but the combo of Godzilla 2000, Heisei King Ghidorah, Grand King Ghidorah, Fire Rodan, Orga, and showa Godzilla seems like enough, to me, to overcome those odds and the numbers disparity and really wreak some havoc- and if Fire Rodan can peg Megaguirus and bring Kiryu back into the fight, all the better for them. Leaning team Girabot193 8/10.

But willing to hear further arguments on both. I’d especially love to hear from UltimateDitto, Kiryu2012, and MuchWowSuchGodzilla- who might have a fresh perspective onc ombattants the four of us have hashed and re-hashed so many times ove rthe last few weeks that we may fall into old, predictable ruts with them. :)

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Here's GvD vs. Girabot -

Girabot’s fodder is weaker and will go down first. But GodzillavsDitto’s losses will be more detrimental to the team. GvD has good anti-melee coverage with Hedorah and Keizer Ghidorah (who will make an appearance, I bet), and to a lesser extent Kumonga. Girabot will take some decent losses, but will ultimately win. Here’s how I see GB ending up:

Godzilla 2000
Fire Rodan (wounded)
Grand King Ghidorah (lightly wounded)
Kiryu V2 (damaged)
Godzilla Showa
Orga

That shows that the strength of GB’s team is more concentrated in the upper echelons, if that makes much sense. GvD’s team’s strength is spread out more evenly, which allows them to begin winning but the tide slowly turning against them the longer the fight goes on. That, and having a general lack of regeneration is what costs them the win.

Next and last will be Girabot vs. MuchWowSuchCoobzilla, which I think will be the final fight.
Resized Image

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

That seems about right, Giratina93 has one heck of a team as is. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image