Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Zarm vs. Super Mechagodzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Zarm vs. Super Mechagodzilla

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Resized Image

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Mayhem Boss Round: Zarm vs. Super Mechagodzilla

Post by Giratina93 »

We know how Heisei Godzilla vs SMG goes. Once SMG is up in the air and beam spamming, there's nothing Heisei can do to to him, and the same goes to the rest of the team here. Godzilla Jr. is... a lesser Heisei Godzilla, Jiger is a thing, as is Sanda, and JJ... he MIGHT be able to knock SMG out of the sky if he's lucky, but it's more likely he gets blasted apart by all the beams flying down from SMG. Really, once he's airborn, there's so little counterplay to what SMG has in store, it's going to be hell on earth for Zarm's team. Their best, and ONLY chance of success is bum rushing the machine before it takes off or cuts them down with its beams, but that's slim...

Supermechagodzilla.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

This is a fight that we've seen Heisei Godzilla win before, with a little help from his friends. SuperMechaGodzilla has a weakness in being prone to overheating. And although it is able to pin Heisei Godzilla down with a barrage (a position other kaiju have gotten him in without ultimately defeating him), we never have any indication of this is more than temporary disability, and more significantly, we don't have an indication that SuperMechaGodzilla has multiple targeting abilities. Unless its head can 180, every attack is frontally focused- and with the requirement to be front-facing and forward-tilted toward its primary target, even if the head swivels backwards, it can only fire in an upward direction, so anyone attacking it from behind on the ground gets free shots, not to mention from the sides. This Mechagodzilla is not designed to deal with multiple targets, only with what's right in front of it. And Jet Jaguar or Jiger can easily flying tackle it from.another vector while it attacks something else, even one rescuing the other.

And as for that barrage, there's a whole team here to interrupt that barrage with their own attacks and take the heat off. Mecha-g can lay into one target, or possibly (if that head swivels) a lesser barrage to two... but it's a pin-cushion for the others while it does. And even if it hovered high enough that a ground-based kaiju couldn't yank it down (which it hasn't tended to), there are still three kaiju with ranged attacks and two fliers (one overlap from both groups) that can tangle with it there.

Meanwhile, MechaG is going to be taking two Heisei Godzilla rays, Jiger's city-block demolishing heat ray and kaiju-puncturing quills, and another flying kaiju that can knock it out of the sky. Plus several others that can deliver a beatdown or even just tackle it's hovering ankles as it focuses on another target. Super MechaGodzilla's systems are going to get overtaxed, we have not seen it perform strongly against melee, and whatever barrage it has will not be able to focus uninterrupted on a single target.

In short, while Heisei Godzilla is doubtless set to be the primary target and is going to take a pounding, the combined fire from multiple targets combined with the ability to knock Mechagodzilla out of the sky and pound on it from multiple vectors while it tries to acquire a target, is going to deliver my team a victory.

Meanwhile, while Jiger might not last long under assault, Junior and Sanda have the regen to recover, and Jet Jaguar to evade; if MechaG picks another primary target first, it's not going to take out its targets quickly... and be taking Heisei's full fury the whole time. Whatever strategy it uses or target it attacks, it will be taking heavy fire.
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Gotta agree with Zarm here, Mechagodzilla wasn't built into fight multiple opponents, just Godzilla. I personally don't think Jiger's quils can puncture the metal hull, she has the suction feet that can at least delay Mechagodzilla from flying too high, or bring him in for the team to rough up the machine. Sanda could try grabbing an arm and redirect any attacks coming from it, or just throw rocks.

Zarm basically took the words out of my mouth and more.
Zarm
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

UltimateDitto wrote:I personally don't think Jiger's quils can puncture the metal hull,
I... can admit to being overly-optimistic on that one. :) But good point with the suction-grounding; I hadn't even considered it!

Added in 4 days 22 hours 9 minutes 49 seconds:
tl;dr summary for the undecided- SMG's only means of keeping Heisei down is a sustained barrage; all firepower on one target. At best, it might be able to split fire to a second target by swiveling its head, despite lacking an optimum angle when it is hovering and tilted downward- but that would also lessen the barrage on Heisei and not be enough to keep him down. Either way, SMG is designed to hit a max of 2 targets. It will be under attack by five.

Two fighters can fly if it is hovering, and another can suction it back to the ground; keeping it in melee range. It is easy to stay behind SMG while SMG blasts a single target. Two Heisei beams and a city-destroying heat-ray can target SMG in mid-air (enough to trigger an overheat as well as do massive damage), and multiple kaiju can tackle or pull it down so that everyone can wail on it. And again, it can really only lay full firepower into one kaiju, or diminished firepower into two... and if SMG wants Heisei floored, it'll have to keep all firepower on him, leaving everyone else to batter SMG to pieces while it does. If not, if it focuses on picking off other kaiju- then Heisei will be laying into it unopposed.

Based on this, I urge you to vote Zarm. I'm Zarm, and I approve this message. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Yeah, Mechagodzilla is really only good against one opponent who on Heisei's level, or two somewhat weaker kaiju. Here he'll be focusing on Heisei, and the others, especially Jet Jaguar, can engage in melee. Even if SMG takes flight the superior speed of Jet Jaguar will catch him.

It ends up with Heisei getting pinned by beams only for his allies to knock SMG over and beat on him. Voting Zarm
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Jet Jaguar can get behind a preoccupied SMG and give the rest of Zarm’s team the opportunity to do whatever they need to. SMG against a single opponent is nigh unstoppable, but against this many foes he can’t do it.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.