KBT Round 1: Zarm vs Desghidorah

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Kiryu2012
Keizer

KBT Round 1: Zarm vs Desghidorah

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Zarm
Godzilla 2000

vs

Desghidorah
FW Godzilla

Arena: Central Park

Rules: All combatants are scaled to around the human size range.

Voting may now begin. Please put your vote in bold.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: KBT Round 1: Zarm vs Desghidorah

Post by Zarm »

Surviving beams with primary destructive power in kinetics is a 2000 specialty. 2000 has the higher explicit regen, and while FW has the close-quarters advantage, 2000 has the pulse to negate it. Not a clear-cut match by any means, but I'm feeling pretty good about this one. We'll see if the voters agree.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

G2000's pulse takes way too long to use in any situation that isn't akin to the one Orga had him in. FinalGoji has better melee, and better physical strength feats, but G2000's beam is insane. It's one of the best consistent beams of any movie Godzilla. FinalGoji fired better beams, but that was only twice, and they took a longer time to charge. So long to charge that they really wouldn't be possible in a one on one fight against a decent opponent, as shown with Monster X. Whenever G2000 uses his beam, FinalGoji will feel the effects hard, but G2000 doesn't use his beam very often against a grounded opponent... I'll come back to this after I hear more arguments.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

I'm leaning FW Godzilla as he has better durability, but 2000 has the hotter beam, so waiting for more arguments.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Might I suggest (in absolutely biased self-interest ;) ) that FW does have the meteor feat, but in actual battle, taking hits, his durability hasn't had that much of a showing? He does have a drain-related incapacity that apparently would have defeated him. 2000, by contrast, has regen to aid his durability (which only met a challenge when he undertook a sustained alien compression beam followed by having a building dropped on his head, which only led to a short stunned period), and while also facing a sustained drain, utterly vaporized his opponent? (Plus took some pretty heavy body-blows from an opponent with a lot of slugging power without issue, but I'd leave that to you all to decide how that would stack up against what GFW is dishing out).

My objective side admits that there may be a disparity between the power of the drain levels each Godzilla faces, making the durability involved difficult to quantify... but in terms of comparable feats, I'd offer it up as a point for consideration.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Godzilla v Godzilla fights lol

Jokes aside, I think DesGhidorah has this. FW Godzilla is stronger than 2000 and while he does have the hotter beam, GFW is more durability and there are scabs that show regeneration. Another very long battle, but GFW will get up close and wreck 2000 to shit.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Desghidorah. Neither Godzilla really spams their beam, so while beam strength will be a very important factor, it won't be the most important. G2000 has rather limited melee compared to FinalGoji. FinalGoji also explicitly has better strength feats (that I remember, did G2000 do anything really impressive physically?), for exampl,: sending Anguirus flying with a single tail whip. This battle would last for days on end, but eventually FinalGoji would wear G2000 down.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I sadly think I got this Zarm, but not an easy victory by any stretch. If any Millennium age Godzilla could give FWGoji a run for his money, it's G2k. While G2k has had a consistently strong beam, the unique pulse attack, and decent melee ability along with solid defense and regen; FWGoji just seems too fast and too strong. One could make the argument G2k has a more consistently strong beam given how much it hurt Orga, but any of the FW kaiju aside from Monster X didn't survive a hit by it. True one could make the case that the movie shows most of the FW kaiju aren't very powerful, but they curbstomping the very advanced FW human weapons suggests they are about the same level as the average. Thus G2k hurting Orga so bad seems more a case of how Orga isn't particularly durable. As for the pulse I do think it could inflict some massive damage if it lands, the problem is landing it. FW has routinely thrown around kaiju hundreds of meters at a time with brute force and his beam shoved the combined masses of Hedorah, Ebirah, and a large building several blocks. So FWgoji has options to get some distance to cancel the pulse's effectiveness.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

FinalGoji/Desghidorah has this round.

FinalGoji and G2000 are at pretty equal durability, but the major difference between their arsenal kind of finishes this match easily. FinalGoji is much stronger, (sending Anguirus flying with a tail whip and pretty much curbstomping every single monster in the movie) and he is also at the same time surprisingly fast. G2000 is the opposite, as he is slow and cumbersome and couldn't land a hit on Orga without either getting knocked around or doing almost zero damage. The atomic beams are also a major difference. G2000 might have a beam that is either as, if not, more strong than FinalGoji. However he takes a longer time to charge it up, and even if the beam did hit him, FinalGoji tanked a meteorite point-blank, so there isn't much left to say. FinalGoji can spam his beam about as much as Heisei and his beam blasts were shown to either cripple or incinerate monsters. (Zilla, Hedorah, Ebirah, etc) G2000's durability would do nothing but prolong his death.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Voting has ended with Desghidorah winning.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA