Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Tournaments

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gojira2001 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:02 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:10 am -snip-
What day do you think is a good starting point for this? Obviously take as much time as you want, no one’s rushing you or anything.
I think the start of August would be a solid time and a good break between each.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:58 pm
Gojira2001 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:02 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:10 am -snip-
What day do you think is a good starting point for this? Obviously take as much time as you want, no one’s rushing you or anything.
I think the start of August would be a solid time and a good break between each.
Like around the first week or later than that?
Last edited by Gojira2001 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

With the cancellation of MM's tournament, Of Gods and Monsters tournament is now underway. This will be a signup team builder tournament similar to GvR's, and signups for it will begin once the thread for it is up.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Giratina93 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:47 pm With the cancellation of MM's tournament, Of Gods and Monsters tournament is now underway. This will be a signup team builder tournament similar to GvR's, and signups for it will begin once the thread for it is up.
So, are there any restrictions in general on who can participate? Like, can peeps on probation join or is it only for peeps not under probation?

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Giratina93 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:47 pm With the cancellation of MM's tournament, Of Gods and Monsters tournament is now underway. This will be a signup team builder tournament similar to GvR's, and signups for it will begin once the thread for it is up.
So, are there any restrictions in general on who can participate? Like, can peeps on probation join or is it only for peeps not under probation?
Everyone is allowed to partake in the tournament, no restrictions.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Question once again: can anyone create a tourney? As I have an idea for one that involves a PvP team builder type tournament but with only reptiles and reptilian kaiju.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm Question once again: can anyone create a tourney? As I have an idea for one that involves a PvP team builder type tournament but with only reptiles and reptilian kaiju.
Yes, anyone can create or host a tournament. You don't need any special privileges to do so.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Giratina93 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:48 pm
Kaijuking101 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm Question once again: can anyone create a tourney? As I have an idea for one that involves a PvP team builder type tournament but with only reptiles and reptilian kaiju.
Yes, anyone can create or host a tournament. You don't need any special privileges to do so.
Alright, thanks.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm thinking of starting my own tournament involving supersoldiers, humanoid aliens, superhumans, etc in a team-builder style. Some of the characters you could pick from are various Halo characters including Master Chief, Yautja, Xenomorphs, Terminators, Captain America, Jason Voorhees, etc. Gonna need some help figuring out balancing and the item shop though.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Well, I'm probably not going to do this reptile type tourney. I'm thinking now of a Heisei Era kaiju only PvP team builder tournament.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Been working on a concept for a Reptile Royale sign-up tourney; currently working on the idea of different arenas each having an effect on the match, usually certain size scaling and/or a certain kaiju or group of them joining one of the players or being a third-party team.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:24 pm Been working on a concept for a Reptile Royale sing-up tourney; currently working on the idea of different arenas each having an effect on the match, usually certain size scaling and/or a certain kaiju or group of them joining one of the players or being a third-party team.
Ooh? That’s different! A singing competition! My soprano will surely take me far.
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Sooo...would now be the time to launch my Multiversal Fighter tourney?
ImageImage

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm Sooo...would now be the time to launch my Multiversal Fighter tourney?
Maybe a couple of weeks later? Who knows?
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm Sooo...would now be the time to launch my Multiversal Fighter tourney?
Probably best to give it a little time before getting right into it. I'd be totally down with that kind of tourney, but I'd also recommend choosing a limit on power in regards to balancing; characters like Captain America, depending on the incarnation, have feats that could potentially make them too strong for the rest of the competition to handle.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:38 pm
Probably best to give it a little time before getting right into it. I'd be totally down with that kind of tourney, but I'd also recommend choosing a limit on power in regards to balancing; characters like Captain America, depending on the incarnation, have feats that could potentially make them too strong for the rest of the competition to handle.
Superheroes are either MCU or other movies.
ImageImage

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm
Ah, that clears things up. Yeah, in that case, this should be pretty interesting.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Ah, that clears things up. Yeah, in that case, this should be pretty interesting.
Isn’t MM starting up his Kaiju Olympic tourney again? Or is it still in the back burner?

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Gojira2001 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Isn’t MM starting up his Kaiju Olympic tourney again? Or is it still in the back burner?
I'm guessing that's on the back burner for now.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I mean, I have everything ready for my tournament. I have an entire google doc with all the fighters, items and arenas ready to go.
ImageImage