WOTM R8: Voyager vs Bacon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Nagoda
Futurian

Re: WOTM R8: Voyager vs Bacon

Post by Nagoda »

Yeah double checking a second wiki, that's a gravity mine. No idea why that other wiki states it's an electro magnet.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Ok, so, I know Magneto can sense metals, I’m assuming he’ll know what he can and can’t affect, so I doubt he’d just sit there holding his hand out towards Tony while nothing happens. He’ll try a different method.

It doesn’t instantly take Tony out of the fight, but to assume Tony is going to just blast Magneto after Magneto is completely ineffective is being disingenuous.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Edit: didn’t know there was this page. All things are settled.

Yeah, Magneto being obliterated instantly is pretty unlikely, but he’s not going to be a lasting player. The force and Tony aren’t going to allow it, and saying that Magneto can just run rampant is also being disingenuous.

god, this is probably the biggest roller coaster back and forth match of the whole tourney.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 pm Ok, so, I know Magneto can sense metals, I’m assuming he’ll know what he can and can’t affect, so I doubt he’d just sit there holding his hand out towards Tony while nothing happens. He’ll try a different method.

It doesn’t instantly take Tony out of the fight, but to assume Tony is going to just blast Magneto after Magneto is completely ineffective is being disingenuous.
He won't be completely ineffective; if the suit is partly magnetic, he'll do some amount of damage. Anyway, Tony will observe what Magneto does to Saber and the lightsabers (his HUD will probably help him with that, too), and he's not exactly stupid, you know? He'll realize Magneto is a problem, and it only takes a second to toss a few repulsor blasts in Mag's direction. Plus, again, being an arrogant talker, Magneto is likely to say something to Tony during their exchange, further attracting his attention. Magneto does have the potential to grab something metal and use it as a shield, but I don't remember him being very quick to do that in the first three movies. Not quicker than Endgame Iron Man, anyway.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 am
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 pm Ok, so, I know Magneto can sense metals, I’m assuming he’ll know what he can and can’t affect, so I doubt he’d just sit there holding his hand out towards Tony while nothing happens. He’ll try a different method.

He won't be completely ineffective; if the suit is partly magnetic, he'll do some amount of damage. Anyway, Tony will observe what Magneto does to Saber and the lightsabers (his HUD will probably help him with that, too), and he's not exactly stupid, you know? He'll realize Magneto is a problem, and it only takes a second to toss a few repulsor blasts in Mag's direction. Plus, again, being an arrogant talker, Magneto is likely to say something to Tony during their exchange, further attracting his attention. Magneto does have the potential to grab something metal and use it as a shield, but I don't remember him being very quick to do that in the first three movies. Not quicker than Endgame Iron Man, anyway.
There’s little amount of time between firing a repulsor ray and it hitting it’s target. I doubt Magneto could react.

This match has really been all about Magneto vs Anakin and Magneto vs Tony, and all the other fighters have been neglected. I think my team beats Bacon’s overall. Spider-Man are annoying pests, but if caught out, they’re in trouble. Mace and the Arbiter are very great warriors and will pose great threats, but my team just has more players with equal or greater power, such as Tony, Obi Wan, and Anakin.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

So I just learned that the X-Jet is a modified Blackbird, which is 85% titanium in its construction. And Magneto catches it out of the sky and patches it back up after it gets hit by a missile.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

One thing to note: Even if Magneto can take Tony’s armor, Tony can still control it remotely, thanks to his glasses, which are made of plastic and glass. With this, the unlikely hood of Magneto getting his armour off will be followed up by tony making his suit plague Magneto and resist his will.

I still doubt that it’ll leave Tony. Even a half functional Iron Man is a huge threat to Bacon. The Gold Portion and large amount of Titanium will remain if Magneto does take some. That still leaves a deadly foe capable of blowing Magneto to kingdom come.
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 pm One thing to note: Even if Magneto can take Tony’s armor, Tony can still control it remotely, thanks to his glasses, which are made of plastic and glass. With this, the unlikely hood of Magneto getting his armour off will be followed up by tony making his suit plague Magneto and resist his will.

I still doubt that it’ll leave Tony. Even a half functional Iron Man is a huge threat to Bacon. The Gold Portion and large amount of Titanium will remain if Magneto does take some. That still leaves a deadly foe capable of blowing Magneto to kingdom come.
Do his sunglasses control the suit in IW? Even so, the sunglasses can only do so much when the suit is being restrained by a powerful magnetic force. Also, I really doubt a mangled Iron Man suit made mostly of gold (Which the Mk 50 has very little visible of) is going to do much of anything.

That said, one thing I haven't seen brought up is the Devourer the Termegaunts are packing. They shoot a shower of armored parasitic maggots that burrow through armor and flesh via acidic saliva, where they then attack the nervous system and inflict enough pain to drive the victim insane.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 pm One thing to note: Even if Magneto can take Tony’s armor, Tony can still control it remotely, thanks to his glasses, which are made of plastic and glass. With this, the unlikely hood of Magneto getting his armour off will be followed up by tony making his suit plague Magneto and resist his will.

You do realize it's not pure gold and pure titanium the Iron Man suit is made from right? It's an alloy made by combining the two to be stronger. All the nanobots have titanium gold alloy to make his armor.

Added in 3 minutes 34 seconds:
The metal he uses is apparently a 95.5% titanium and 4.5% gold alloy. The colors are painted on afterwards, or in the case of the nanobots, just there.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:08 pm

You do realize it's not pure gold and pure titanium the Iron Man suit is made from right? It's an alloy made by combining the two to be stronger. All the nanobots have titanium gold alloy to make his armor.

The metal he uses is apparently a 95.5% titanium and 4.5% gold alloy. The colors are painted on afterwards, or in the case of the nanobots, just there.
Alright? My mistake I guess.

Still doesn’t change the fact that the suit is barely magnetic and he (Erik) will struggle to bend it to his will. Also, where did you get that percentage figure? Just wondering…

Added in 2 minutes 5 seconds:
Breakdown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:01 pm

Do his sunglasses control the suit in IW? Even so, the sunglasses can only do so much when the suit is being restrained by a powerful magnetic force. Also, I really doubt a mangled Iron Man suit made mostly of gold (Which the Mk 50 has very little visible of) is going to do much of anything.

That said, one thing I haven't seen brought up is the Devourer the Termegaunts are packing. They shoot a shower of armored parasitic maggots that burrow through armor and flesh via acidic saliva, where they then attack the nervous system and inflict enough pain to drive the victim insane.
The the suit itself could be mangled, but the nanotech can split apart and be a pest for magneto. The sunglasses were built to control all stark tech.

Anyways, I think we’re going too far down into the rabbit hole and semantics. Who wins overall, and I think it’s a fight I win, because of numbers, deadly weapons, strong armour, the force, and versatility.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:12 pm
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:08 pm

Alright? My mistake I guess.

Still doesn’t change the fact that the suit is barely magnetic and he (Erik) will struggle to bend it to his will.
Barely Magnetic is still magnetic enough for Magneto to take control. Also, kinda hard to use your glasses to control the suit being torn off your body when your glasses become part of the suit when you fight. Yes those glasses do become part of the suit in infinity war as seen when he activates the suit, and they melt into his hand gauntlet. So those glasses are probably nanotech.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:14 pmThe the suit itself could be mangled, but the nanotech can split apart and be a pest for magneto. The sunglasses were built to control all stark tech.
Tony never used the Nanotech's ability to split apart in any of his battles though. The most he did was redistribute the nanites to cover exposed areas to prevent Thanos from pulping him. You'd be much better off arguing in favor of your superior numbers tbh. There's too much evidence suggesting Magneto could interfere with Tony's suit at best, and outright destroy it at worst.

Also iirc, Magneto can control any metal, regardless of magnetic properties.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm
Also iirc, Magneto can control any metal, regardless of magnetic properties.
He wasn’t able to control late-stage Sentinels because they were made of non-ferrous metals, like Iron Man.

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:18 pmSNIP
Could you provide the figure for the 95.5% Titanium and 4.5% Gold. I’m sorry but I asked earlier if you didn’t see, just wondering about it.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Could you provide the figure for the 95.5% Titanium and 4.5% Gold. I’m sorry but I asked earlier if you didn’t see, just wondering about it.
Sure, here you go. Under Armor Composition, it states the mixture and that it's used in all of his suits onwards.
[url} https://ironman.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Ma ... omposition[/url]
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:32 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Sure, here you go. Under Armor Composition, it states the mixture and that it's used in all of his suits onwards.
[url} https://ironman.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Ma ... omposition[/url]
Hmm interesting.

What’s more interesting is what you think of the entire battle at large. With every fighter taken into consideration. Who wins? Mustn’t forget the Tyranids with their deadly weapons, numbers and ferocity.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I actually forgot the Tyranids were here.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:41 pm I actually forgot the Tyranids were here.
That’s not very good :lol:

The Termagaunts have weapons that fire maggots that devour flesh, and there’s still 13 other Tyranids besides them. They can really do a number.

Added in 14 minutes 23 seconds:
Question: does Magneto passively control all magnetic metals around him or does he have to think about what he wants to control? When he’s using his power that is, I know that he’s not constantly doing it.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’m going to check what they can do and I’ll be back with my assessment.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:03 pm I’m going to check what they can do and I’ll be back with my assessment.
3 Hormagaunts, 3 Termagaunts w/ devourers and 10 Rippers.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

From what I’ve read, the Termagants are basic footsoldiers with guns, who will probably be taken out by either the spider-men or the Arbiter. The Rippers seem to be maggot like creatures that attack in swarms with a ravenous hunger, and the Hormagaunts are the melee big clawed footsoldiers. They might not change much other than adding a couple more laser shots into the skies for the Spiders and Magneto or as distractions.
_______