Monster Discussion: Manda (G:SP)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Monster Discussion: Manda (G:SP)

Post by Thatguy4683 »

What are your thoughts and opinions on the Manda incarnation that appeared in Godzilla Singular Point

Wikizilla

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Monster Discussion: Manda (G:SP)

Post by Spuro »

They turned him into a bug.

Why.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Spuro wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:20 pm They turned him into a bug.

Why.
Remember the time where we thought Ebirah was gonna be in the series because we saw lobster legs… good times

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Lsd Jellyfish stated a good explanation that most Japanese sea serpents have all manner of traits

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I was fine with the design, just didn't like how weak he was. I've always thought Manda should be stronger somehow.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think this version of Manda was…interesting. While more often than not I’ll take revered deity Manda over jobber Manda, this was a unique and creative take on the God of Mu in its own right. I dig the hell out of his design; he’s like an amalgamation of different oceanic animals thrown together in the silhouette of a sea dragon, but in a sense that makes him a little creepy. I just find something strangely—in a good way—unnerving about seeing a shark face with salamander gills plastered onto a serpentine body, while having shrimp arms all the while (and still covered in scales no less).

Out of all the ways to do a weird interpretation of Manda, I couldn’t think of a better way to do it than how they handled it here.

And the idea of Manda as a social Kaiju swimming in schools was a creative take. Especially added a layer of fear to the atmosphere in the moments when Godzilla was chasing them.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Surprised they didn't turn him into a form of Godzilla. If you me, he's probably just barely popular enough to be spared from such a treatment. The same applies to Rodan and Anguirus.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Incredibly good design, but you can almost never see them in their entirety with the exception of that once scene on the beach.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I like the design, but wished he had more to do. If he had a longer scrap with Godzilla Ultima before going down, think people would like this version more.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:09 pm I like the design, but wished he had more to do. If he had a longer scrap with Godzilla Ultima before going down, think people would like this version more.
I agree with this.

Other than the Rodan, he was clearly the monster that was intended in the role of “everything is going to shit”, and also turning into fodder for the military and Godzilla. It felt like a missed opportunity to not have JJ fight one either, and make him slice it down the back with the Angurius spear.

I’m still praying that we get a stronger variety in season 2 or something.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.