A Singular Point Theory - Mine and Yours

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Re: A Singular Point Theory - Mine and Yours

Post by Dinoskell »

Not mine but rustybottlecap on tumblr thinks King Caesar will be the protagonist of the next season
The post-credit scene directly references KC’s debut film.
The recurring theme of a song, ultimately used to “summon” Jet Jaguar. King Caesar is summoned by a song in his movie.
The series’ emphasis on mythologies, religions and cultures. The creator of Jet Jaguar, old man Goro Otaki, is very religious and big on tradition. King Caesar is based on the Shisa, a very prominent cultural symbol in some parts of Japan, and was the guardian of a royal family in his debut film.
In a way, King Caesar IS a robot like Jet Jaguar, only an ancient one made of rocks, with magic instead of electricity. Maybe.
The series’ combining of fantasy and science fiction leaning more towards the later so far. A new story could lean more towards fantasy, with King Caesar being one of the most fantastical kaiju in the series.
There is a “prophecy” surrounding Godzilla in GSP, and there was also a prophecy in KC’s debut film that the characters ASSUMED was about their Godzilla too… the design chosen for the post-credit scene cameo may not be a coincidence…
I'd point out that there are two official illustrations of Caesar's insides: one that looks artificial we on this website are familiar with released in 1992 in the The ultimate Godzilla monster Illustrated Encyclopedia super (TV Magazine Deluxe) (1992) , and the earlier illustration in the Godzilla Anatomical Monster Encyclopedia special issue of TV Magazine (a kids-aimed magazine) where looks more...alien than necessarily aritifical released about right after the first Mechagodzilla film. But that does not take away from the good points here.

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

JessIAm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:29 pm In episodes 9 (about 9m 43s) & 10 (about 12m 10s) of GSP I noticed
Spoiler:
The dates in the notes Pelops 2 shows to Mei are different than the list shown to Yun. The dates for Yun are all in 2030. The dates shown to Mei include 2031 and even 2039!
What might this mean for future seasons?
Really? Do we know what the dates represent?

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

phillipw1954 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:48 pm
JessIAm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:29 pm In episodes 9 (about 9m 43s) & 10 (about 12m 10s) of GSP I noticed
Spoiler:
The dates in the notes Pelops 2 shows to Mei are different than the list shown to Yun. The dates for Yun are all in 2030. The dates shown to Mei include 2031 and even 2039!
What might this mean for future seasons?
Really? Do we know what the dates represent?
Spoiler:
The dates for Yun in 2030 are all explained in the story (1 phone call + many chat times and dates + 1 date when Jet Jaguar had to be in order to become the phase 13 Archetype.
The dates shown to Mei, which include 2031 and 2039, are presumed to be the same as the dates for Yun, but also include the 2031+ dates.
We don't know what the 2031+ dates represent. Also, from the conversations between Mei and Dr. Li, if the Jet Jaguar timeline over writes the things the 2031 and 2039 dates refer to, those dates would be superfluous.
Last edited by JessIAm on Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The black Rodan in episode 10 is actually hundreds upon hundreds of smaller Rodans swarming tightly together to form the shape of a single giant Rodan.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:10 am
That's what I figured, just due to the evidence. I really wish we got more though.
Last edited by phillipw1954 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:10 am The black Rodan in episode 10 is actually hundreds upon hundreds of smaller Rodans swarming tightly together to form the shape of a single giant Rodan.
I'm not sure about that one
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

I'm trying to figure out:

More about Ashihara.
Just how old is Ashihara?

In Ep 6: Misakioku Director Yamamoto says to Sato that Ashihara, if still alive, would be over 100 years old.

I did a timeline post in the spoiler thread: viewtopic.php?p=1846157#p1846157

According to statements by chracters, here's the order of things concerning Ashihara:
  • Ashihara was born in the Misakioku Village.
  • Ashihara sees a giant creature that destroys Misakioku Village.
  • The giant creature (presumably Godzilla), is killed and the bones remain.
  • Before the war (<1941?), the Misakioku building is built as a military building, including the basement, on the site of the destroyed Misakioku Village.
  • After the war (1945>), Ashihara buys the Misakoku building, the bones, and the European mansion over the tunnel.
  • Before 1970, Ashihara discovers jellyfish that consist partly or the Red Dust (Archetype phase 1).
  • In 1970 After researching the jellyfish, Ashihara follows the song to the singular point deep under ground in India, in a red lake.
  • Between 1970 and 1980, Ashihara somehow turns the singular point into a computer, or incorporates it into a computer.
  • In 1980, Ashihara tries using the singular point computer, aka SHIVA, and disappears in a "combinatorial explosion".
  • (Aug 16th, 2030>) - After the events of Singular Point, Ashihara is shown approaching Mecha Godzilla, walking slowly with a cain, but with no grey hair.
Without the dates of the destruction of Misakioku Village it's just a guess. Judging by the avatar of Ashihara found by Pelops II at Shiva, which I presume is from 1980, I'd guess he was 40 or so at the time. Since he saw and remembered the giant creature before 1941, I'd adjust that to around 50 years old in 1980. That makes him old enough to remember seeing the giant creature.

Ashihara could have bought the buildings, etc. in the period of time up to 1970. This is based on seeing the huge fish tank in Ashihara Mansion, in the hidden room by the crystal radio. Ashihara must have been quite wealthy, since he also paid for building the SHIVA.consortium complex.

What do you think?
Last edited by JessIAm on Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:10 am The black Rodan in episode 10 is actually hundreds upon hundreds of smaller Rodans swarming tightly together to form the shape of a single giant Rodan.
The guide book I have refers to it as “One Body Big Black Rodan”, so it’s possible. However, it’s ambiguous as to what “one body means” in Japanese. Does that imply multiples came together? Or that it’s just a special case, as in “One of a kind”. I lean towards the former but nothing is confirmed. In any case, it would be interesting if the Rodan dying off were just another part of the life cycle.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:34 pm
ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 pm
The guide book I have refers to it as “One Body Big Black Rodan”, so it’s possible. However, it’s ambiguous as to what “one body means” in Japanese. Does that imply multiples came together? Or that it’s just a special case, as in “One of a kind”. I lean towards the former but nothing is confirmed. In any case, it would be interesting if the Rodan dying off were just another part of the life cycle.

We see multiple changes in Rodan, from Tengu Rodan in the painting, to the single Rodan in Ep 1, to the double horned Rodan in subsequent epidodes, to the Huge Rodan in the later episodes. I view Huge Rodan as the Ultra of Rodan development.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

The Orthogonal Diagonalizer: This term isn't just technobabble.

In geometry, a line that crosses another line at a 90 degree angle (aka a right angle) is called "orthogonal" to the line it crosses.
Squares and rectangles are both called "orthogons", since they are polygons (geometric figures with straight sides) where the sides meet at right angles.

Diagonal lines are lines drawn between opposite corners of rectangles. This means diagonal lines have to be less than 90 degrees from the lines that make the corners.
In our 3 dimensions, there is no way an orthogonal line can be diagonal.

An Orthogonal Diagonalizer, in the sense used in Godzilla: Singular Point, would have to be like lines forced to be both at right angles, and at less than 90 degrees from each other.

Red Dust can be controlled by an Orthogonal Diagonalizer, since the Archetypes used to make the OD are multidimensional.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

In a restaurant scene, Dr Li and Mei Kamino are discussing sending information from the past to the future without changing the future.

Dr Li asks Mei to pick a number, and Mei first picks 9. Dr Li points out a painting of 9 flowers. Then Mei picks 3, and Dr Li points out 3 statues.

Mei then picks -1, to represent sending the lack of something. Dr Li the points out something off screen. What was that thing? What could represent the lack of something, but still be visible and exist in our world?

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

JessIAm wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:15 pm In a restaurant scene, Dr Li and Mei Kamino are discussing sending information from the past to the future without changing the future.

Dr Li asks Mei to pick a number, and Mei first picks 9. Dr Li points out a painting of 9 flowers. Then Mei picks 3, and Dr Li points out 3 statues.

Mei then picks -1, to represent sending the lack of something. Dr Li the points out something off screen. What was that thing? What could represent the lack of something, but still be visible and exist in our world?
An empty plate.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That would explain a lot. I just wonder what the deal is with the failed beam.