A Singular Point Theory - Mine and Yours

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

A Singular Point Theory - Mine and Yours

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

None of it happens. The entire story is but a dream being had by Mei, evident by the start of the end credits showing her as a kaiju fan and doing research. Her subconscious combined her schoolwork with her love of kaiju, resulting in the story that is shown. The reasons why the physics and the story itself don't make 100% sense is because it's all just a dream.

Feel free to chime in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: A Singular Point Theory - Mine and Yours

Post by Gigantis »

This honestly reminds me of those bad cartoon "theories" where almost nothing in the show was real... A.K.A, kinda bad.

My theory is that their might be another Godzilla level Singular Point hidden somewhere in that "Doorway to Hell", and we might actually get to see the universe get screwed over should they ever actually show up.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:25 am None of it happens. The entire story is but a dream being had by Mei, evident by the start of the end credits showing her as a kaiju fan and doing research. Her subconscious combined her schoolwork with her love of kaiju, resulting in the story that is shown. The reasons why the physics and the story itself don't make 100% sense is because it's all just a dream.

Feel free to chime in.
Close, but not quite. Singular Point doesn't take place in the dream world. It takes place in the computer world. It's actually part of the Gridman universe.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:37 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:25 am None of it happens. The entire story is but a dream being had by Mei, evident by the start of the end credits showing her as a kaiju fan and doing research. Her subconscious combined her schoolwork with her love of kaiju, resulting in the story that is shown. The reasons why the physics and the story itself don't make 100% sense is because it's all just a dream.

Feel free to chime in.
Close, but not quite. Singular Point doesn't take place in the dream world. It takes place in the computer world. It's actually part of the Gridman universe.
This gonna' be one hellova crossover.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Archetype is just corrupted Venora mist.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Feel free to chime in.
+1

That actually makes sense now that you bring it up. It's definitely a neat idea.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:37 am

Feel free to chime in.
...this would be the absolute hypest shit.

My crazy theory is every Godzilla series is canon to Singular Point.

And I don't mean in a "it implies they take place in a different dimension" way.

Here's what we now about Singular Point full spoilers.
Spoiler:
In the 1950s, a version of Godzilla is killed and its skeleton is stored in a bunker basement, where it sends out a song that summons kaiju as well as its semi reincarnation (as Godzilla is immortal and can manifest itself.

The series itself takes place in 2030, where the disaster of the current Godzilla is stopped by Jet Jaguar after what he implies have been multiple attempts do to time loop shenanigans

...it's completely possible some of the Godzilla universes we see are alternate time loops with different manifestations of Godzills arriving earlier or acting different (perhaps incarnations like Showa and Legendary are Godzillas who find a balance with their looped Earths or are really guarding the bones on top of Earth.)

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Feel free to chime in.
This explains why Gabara/Sarunga appears. :P

My own theory/head cannon, which the series at a certain point seemed to be heavily leaning towards, is that SP is intended as a connective tissue for all Godzilla films and properties. SP's internal logic discusses a lot about alternate universes, and variations thereof. To me, this means that all Godzilla Properties take place in the "same continuity", but are just different and alternate takes on these events. It's why we see Godzilla the Series, Rebirth of Mothra, and even The Mysterians references in the show, before we even consider the ending credits. Those events and properties happened, just in alternate realities/timelines and they manifest themselves in different ways in different realities. Hell, while they'll never show this because of rights issues (possibly), it connects the Tohoverse to the Monsterverse, if you so desire.

It's by no means necessary, and I'm glad they aren't forcefully trying to revisit the Showa series or something, but I appreciate the idea and concept, as long as it isn't the focus. It neatly ties together all the properties together, and acknowledges their uniqueness, without detracting from their individuality. Should you chose not to, you can ignore this and simultaneously view everything individually. A lot of franchises that have been a lot shorter have done similar things, and I think Godzilla finally doing something like this is okay. The series has earned it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I love all these different thoughts but it’s exactly why this anime failed in my eyes. Everything was great besides the “explaining” part of it. Didn’t make it clear. Hopefully it’s cleaned up… by A LOT.. in season 2.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Are spoilers allowed in this thread?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JessIAm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:38 pm Are spoilers allowed in this thread?
I'd assume so.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:46 pm
I'd assume so.
Muahahahahah!!!!!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JessIAm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:13 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:46 pm
I'd assume so.
Muahahahahah!!!!!
But maybe for the sake of others use spoiler tags. Especially if it
Spoiler:
involves MechaGodzilla.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

In episodes 9 (about 9m 43s) & 10 (about 12m 10s) of GSP I noticed
Spoiler:
The dates in the notes Pelops 2 shows to Mei are different than the list shown to Yun. The dates for Yun are all in 2030. The dates shown to Mei include 2031 and even 2039!
What might this mean for future seasons?

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Feel free to chime in.
LOL! This is disproved by the number of people Mei meets who she previously didn't know, and the places she goes to that she hadn't been to! Note: I know I'm making assumptions here. I guess I'm grasping for confirmation bias. :P

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

JessIAm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:29 pm In episodes 9 (about 9m 43s) & 10 (about 12m 10s) of GSP I noticed
Spoiler:
The dates in the notes Pelops 2 shows to Mei are different than the list shown to Yun. The dates for Yun are all in 2030. The dates shown to Mei include 2031 and even 2039!
What might this mean for future seasons?
Now that's something that I'm going to have to look at.

I already wanted to check the dates because I was curious about the time show took place over. I was pretty sure it's only a few weeks or months. Now I have two reasons to check.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Here's an odd thing about Archetypes:
Spoiler:
Doctor Li states the 13th phase of archetypes forces all the other archetypes to align. This is what the Orthogonal Diagonalizer triggers when used with the proper code. The proper code was Jet Jaguar (presumably the program that ran Jet Jaguar). If Jet Jaguar triggered the 13th phase of archetypes, are any archetypes of other phases left? We don't see any red dust around the Mechagodzilla construction at the end...
tangentially related...
Spoiler:
Everything in a computer is a number, including computer programs. The instructions of a computer program are stored as numbers, and fed into the registers of a CPU in order. (The 1's and 0's that define the numbers turn on or turn off circuitry to perform the instructions in the CPU - which is pretty wild in itself!)

If you take all the instructions of the Jet Jaguar programming and strung them out, they collectively must have been the code for the Orthogonal Diagonalizer. This would correspond to a number with 10s of thousands of digits.

This had to be entered by Jet Jaguar somehow. There would be no way for Yun to type that fast!

Perhaps Jet Jaguar became a Singular Point to enter these?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

JessIAm wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:11 pm Here's an odd thing about Archetypes:
Spoiler:
Doctor Li states the 13th phase of archetypes forces all the other archetypes to align. This is what the Orthogonal Diagonalizer triggers when used with the proper code. The proper code was Jet Jaguar (presumably the program that ran Jet Jaguar). If Jet Jaguar triggered the 13th phase of archetypes, are any archetypes of other phases left? We don't see any red dust around the Mechagodzilla construction at the end...
tangentially related...
Spoiler:
Everything in a computer is a number, including computer programs. The instructions of a computer program are stored as numbers, and fed into the registers of a CPU in order. (The 1's and 0's that define the numbers turn on or turn off circuitry to perform the instructions in the CPU - which is pretty wild in itself!)

If you take all the instructions of the Jet Jaguar programming and strung them out, they collectively must have been the code for the Orthogonal Diagonalizer. This would correspond to a number with 10s of thousands of digits.

This had to be entered by Jet Jaguar somehow. There would be no way for Yun to type that fast!

Perhaps Jet Jaguar became a Singular Point to enter these?
Spoiler:
You could very well be right, I just took the line "I am the code" to be less literal and more metaphorical. Jet Jaguar's code contained the knowledge they needed for the od, but his/her/it's literal code wasn't the od code. It's just that they were waiting for one more message to be sent, and they didn't realize it had already been sent via Jet Jaguar's infinite updates.
He Jock it Made of Steel

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The universe that Godzilla: Singular Point takes place in is one of infinite universes in a never-ending Kaiju genre Multiverse, and every single Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong and Ultraman film era—Showa, Heisei, Millennium, Reiwa, MonsterVerse, Monster Island Buddies—and all other giant monster movies all exist in that multiverse.

It’s ALL canon.

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
And the Singular Points open the door for Kaiju from those universes to occasionally cross over with one another.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:53 pm The universe that Godzilla: Singular Point takes place in is one of infinite universes in a never-ending Kaiju genre Multiverse, and every single Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong and Ultraman film era—Showa, Heisei, Millennium, Reiwa, MonsterVerse, Monster Island Buddies—and all other giant monster movies all exist in that multiverse.

It’s ALL canon.

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
And the Singular Points open the door for Kaiju from those universes to occasionally cross over with one another.

Do you have a source you can quote for Godzilla: Singular Point being hyperlinked to the Multiverse? It's unclear to me how the Godzilla: Singular Point universe is linkable to the Multiverse from watching Godzilla Singular Point (none of the characters mention it).

Spoiler:
Also, we don't know how using the Orthogonal Diagonalizer, which forces all archetypes to the same (presumably 13th) phase affects Singular Points. There was no red dust to be seen after the Orthogonal Diagonalizer was used, and the color distortion which occurred around the bones before the Orthogonal Diagonalizer was no longer present when they were building Mecha Godzilla.
Last edited by JessIAm on Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.