SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I wonder when they're gonna officially announce season 2 but all I can really say as far as what I want is that I want more obscure characters like Kaomebas show up.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think it's pretty likely more Showa-Era monsters could make an appearance, since that was most of what we got and what most of the newer kaiju were based on... less they throw us a curveball and have Season 2 be more based on the Heisei Era.

And.. y'know what, i'm gonna get a lot of people mad at me for saying this, but what if those "Doorways to Hell" lead somewhere like an alternate dimension, or a different part of the universe... and the cast end up finding a certain, three headed, golden dragon living there and HE'S the real catastrophe, not Godzilla?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I say no, no ghidorah, I'm done with him. He's been in two different movies and two different theme park rides in the past five years alone (albeit a quite disappointing one, I probably should get around to watching the other godzilla anime I guess). He's been in every era of which the least he has appeared was twice. Frankly I'm bored with him. Oh no the three headed destruction dragons here again, its like that "how many times do we have to tell you old man" meme. And look, I do like him, Astro Monster is my favorite G-film, but I'm done, unless its something entirely creative and distinct (I'm tentatively curious about a ghidorah solo film). I don't know why I'm more forgiving towards mothra and mecha g. As for mothra I'm curious how they go about the butterfly effect angle, and mecha g I'm holding out because his design looks cool. But we've gotten more than enough Ghidorah, Godzilla's rogue's gallery is too impressive to keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Edit: I just want to add, I'm not mad, and I know this post is hyperbolic, so take it only semi-seriously :lol:
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:41 pmI don't know why I'm more forgiving towards mothra and mecha g.
Because Mothra is more of an actual character and has lots of different developments and goals. Mecha-Godzilla has had multiple different incarnations as an alien, and a man-made weapon, and at the very least has had more variety to him. King Ghidorah is just a giant space flea from the void and has no character. Anytime there were changes to his origin to make it more interesting (Heisei and GMK) people hated on it.

I'd be okay with Ghidorah is they do something interesting with it; similar to what they've done with other monsters. But no, we don't need for Ghidorah to be forced into to be the big bad.

Controversial, but bring back Orga! Orga is easily the most neglected monster for recent memory.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this but what if in the final battle at season whatever-number, Godzilla Ultima doesn't actually get killed? Instead, he'd be weakened and sent through time, where he is killed and his skeleton acquired by Misakioku.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:58 pm I don't know if anyone else has thought of this but what if in the final battle at season whatever-number, Godzilla Ultima doesn't actually get killed? Instead, he'd be weakened and sent through time, where he is killed and his skeleton acquired by Misakioku.
Oh! Considering the series was playing with time travel as a concept, that'd absolute fit. :D

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm kinda hoping with the creation of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla Ultima might take a role as a "good guy" in the climax of season 2. Not that he's literally a hero, but that mankind is gonna have to "summon" him to stop SHIVA's machinations. Then maybe be the bad guy in season 3 again! Also, Anguirus comes back and gets all the babes.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I want the black-griffon/Kroiga

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:27 am I'm kinda hoping with the creation of Mechagodzilla, Godzilla Ultima might take a role as a "good guy" in the climax of season 2. Not that he's literally a hero, but that mankind is gonna have to "summon" him to stop SHIVA's machinations. Then maybe be the bad guy in season 3 again! Also, Anguirus comes back and gets all the babes.
I'm gonna go the complete opposite spectrum and hope we get plenty of MG action throughout until the return of the red dust somehow causes the bones inside of him to become active and regeneration, causing Godzilla to shed the MG armor and go on a new rampage as more and more monsters arrive... (including f'n SpaceGodzilla!).

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dinoskell wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:22 am I want the black-griffon/Kroiga
You know, this is very strange but I actually had a dream about the Griffin appearing in SP last night. Would be cool.

But yeah, SP seems like a great way to re-envegorate some more obscure monsters back into the limelight. It's a shame that the planet trilogy had Dogora and Daghara in their lore, but didn't do much itht hem.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

My predictions

- Jet Jaguar returns. Either in the finale or at the beginning of the season. He's imo one of the main characters and a major part of the kaiju action so he should return.

- if no Jet, there will be another mecha the Otaki crew use. My prediction is Moguera (starting off as a Mysterian spin and then maybe become more Heisei. Maybe have one of them make a face turn and team up with Ashihara to make the more Heisei one with Mechagodzilla and it becomes an antagonist for Jet Jaguar's return?

- speaking of Ashi, we'll see more of him and find out what's up with him and kaiju. My prediction is he's turned around and has become convinced the kaiju SHOULD destroy the world, which is why he's making Mechagodzilla aka reviving the living Catastrophe.

- we'll figure out Salunga's deal. My crazy prediction is despite everything we've seen, he'll actually turn out to be a good monster (or at least more morally grey). I just think there's more then just " a smarter Singular Point". If he gets mercced to make Mechagodzilla a better antagonist, I'm gonna be pissed.

- hell, HERE'S a crazy idea of been thinking: Salunga arrives to fight MG, he gets attacked and burned, but survives revealing bronze skin instead of the green we saw.

That's right. It's not Gabara or Baragon or some new monster. It's this series version of King Caesar.

- as for other kaiju, we'll see Mothra (maybe a sentient version of the silk moths?), Hedorah possibly, more of the Kumongas (which could be more of Hedorah depending on what's going on there), and some other Showa reps. I doubt we'll see anything Heisei or Millenium but I'm not sure. Maybe Biollante with the plants? Idk

- Anguirus revives. This isn't speculation or want, it is q DEMAND.

- Godzilla will either come back two ways: Mechagodzilla goes rouge and eventually, Godzilla forms/bursts out of him or Mechagodzilla becomes the catastrophe so our heroes have to find a way to open a Singular Point in Tokyo/undo the OD to bring back Godzilla. Not so much to fight MG (though this will happen because come on, this series loves to mix its technochaos with kaiju fights) but because two Godzillas being in the same universe and colliding will cause them to cancel each other out.

Because two Godzilla means Godzilla is no longer a SINGULARITY

Thank you, I'll be here all week

RIP Evan.

rationalorphan
Ronin

Post by rationalorphan »

Considering that the first season was full of Showa monsters it would definitely be cool if they took the next season as an introduction to more Heisei monsters. Although I would like to see Baragon pop up as well as some more, more fleshed out, Hedorah

GrandKingGidorah2001
Ronin

Post by GrandKingGidorah2001 »

I'm 100% down for Moguera to appear in some way in season two. Personally would love to see King Caesar and Biollante in it, maybe Orga or Gigan.

Gonna go against the grain here and say I wouldn't mind seeing King Ghidorah in the show, yeah we've seen a lot of him recently but I'd really like to see a Singular Point version of him since I really like most the designs in the show.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point... Season 2? What Would You Want To See?

Post by Terasawa »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:45 amIt didn't know if it wanted to be childish, or be a wild epic.

Don't get me wrong I loved Baby Tawk Jaguar and The Boss, but the little virtual cat/dog was such an oddity to jump to after seeing Godzilla annihilate the city.
That's not an uncommon trope in anime though. I don't think it's indicative of identity crisis, it's just a familiar form of comic relief in that genre, just like Pen Pen in NGE.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Mechabrozilla
Ronin

Post by Mechabrozilla »

Do you think we're going to see aliens? There was a theory floating around that the Mysterian-inspired costumes in the final scene, the Showa MG design and the 'presumed dead' scientist were all hinting towards a ToMG style angle. I kind of like the idea the more I think on it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mechabrozilla wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:15 pm Do you think we're going to see aliens? There was a theory floating around that the Mysterian-inspired costumes in the final scene, the Showa MG design and the 'presumed dead' scientist were all hinting towards a ToMG style angle. I kind of like the idea the more I think on it.
Those costumes did feel a little too on the nose to just be another homage. Although if it's actually the Mysterians or an alien race based on them is kinda up for debate giving this series' weird track record of re-using old stuff and combining old stuff to make new stuff.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mechabrozilla
Ronin

Post by Mechabrozilla »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:42 pm Those costumes did feel a little too on the nose to just be another homage. Although if it's actually the Mysterians or an alien race based on them is kinda up for debate giving this series' weird track record of re-using old stuff and combining old stuff to make new stuff.
Exactly my thoughts too.

As a big fan of Showa MG I'm hardly going to complain whatever direction they take it in but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't something to do with aliens.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

What do I want to see in GSP Season 2?

Mainly, I want to see a season 2! I find I enjoy things more if I don't have expectations. I can't be disappointed if I haven't decided what something should be.

That said: I'd expect to see Mecha Godzilla, based on the final teaser scene. Jet Jaguar, Habero, Yun, Mei, Otashi and Pelops 3 would be cool.
Last edited by JessIAm on Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Gargantuas as an organic equivalent to Jet Jaguar, homonculi made from dust based on Jet Jaguar's upgrade code could be cool. I mean, I'm guessing they have Jet Jaguar's code when it broadcast worldwide and used the information in it to make the schematics for Mechagodzilla.