SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point... Season 2? What Would You Want To See?

Post by imposterzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:49 pm I watched a video by the Omni viewer in which he speculated as to why they did not just use Titanosaurus and Varan and instead incorporated their traits into different forms of Godzilla. One reason he suggested is that the studio behind this show couldn't obtain the rights to those characters.
But it is a Togo production? I would love Baragon, Biollante, and Dagarha. We need more Salunga

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:40 pmBut it is a Toho production? I would love Baragon, Biollante, and Dagarha. We need more Salunga
I believe it's a licensed work.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Nope, Godzilla: Singular Point is produced by TOHO
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^Yeah, let’s not trust random internet people that have zero clue what they’re talking about.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

There is quite literally a Toho Logo at the start of every trailer and episode of the show.

How could he even.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
The studio that makes the show isn't Toho, yes but Toho producing basically means they had everything and the kitchen sink.

Speaking honestly, I think the clearer answer is
Spoiler:
They wanted to make Titanosaurus and Varan forms of Godzilla, it didn't work for Toho, so they became versions of Godzilla LIKE Varan and Titanosaurus.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:07 pm There is quite literally a Toho Logo at the start of every trailer and episode of the show.

How could he even.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
The studio that makes the show isn't Toho, yes but Toho producing basically means they had everything and the kitchen sink.

Speaking honestly, I think the clearer answer is
Spoiler:
They wanted to make Titanosaurus and Varan forms of Godzilla, it didn't work for Toho, so they became versions of Godzilla LIKE Varan and Titanosaurus.
....That's actually way more probable and would make a lot more sense!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceGodzilla. I want SpaceGodzilla. This anime and all of its science mumbojumbo would be a great way to return SpaceGodzilla to the franchise. I'd also like to see Anguirus make a return and have more of a role. And actually get BIG. And also perhaps a sort of "alpha" Rodan that actually does something beyond just getting obliterated.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm ^^Yeah, let’s not trust random internet people that have zero clue what they’re talking about.
I was on a discord server once, and was discussing Godzilla S.P. Some guy was talking about how Salunga wasn't called Gabara because they didn't have the license or something, and when I corrected them they just went at me as one of those guys who acts like they know it all but really doesn't (don't get me wrong, I'm not expert, but the irony is god damn hilarious to me) and then went on to continue saying that S.P was licensed work.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I'm curious has there been any annoucement on a second season yet

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:18 am I'm curious has there been any annoucement on a second season yet
Probably just waiting to see the international reception before announcing anything else
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:23 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:18 am I'm curious has there been any annoucement on a second season yet
Probably just waiting to see the international reception before announcing anything else
Ok that makes sense

MonsterTrinity
Young Farmer

Post by MonsterTrinity »

I really hope to see the blue amoeba creature from the Kumongas absorb the red dust archetype from Godzilla and pollution, and have it become Hedorah. If the mention of plants is a set up for Biollante, a fight between both Hedorah and Biollante would be fantastic to see. Mother nature vs pollution would be awesome.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One thing that could potentially win me over is if the show openly acknowledged the existence of the greater Godzilla multiverse (including past continuities).

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:11 pm One thing that could potentially win me over is if the show openly acknowledged the existence of the greater Godzilla multiverse (including past continuities).
That too. But yeah Biollante would be great. Serum minions and vampire plants for her

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I'm not sure if more forms are needed, but I'd like to see more Godzilla action for one. Mechagodzilla, Mothra and maybe even Ghidorah (why not) seem inevitable at this point. JJ's return also seems obvious with more retrofits, retools and advances in his AI personality.

More kaiju that are actually BIG and more bizarre hybridized versions of Showa era designs.

Big Anguirus and Rodan, more Kumonga arthropods like Ebirah and Kamacuras, expanding on the blue Hedorah goo, maybe even Minilla (if that's not covered by Godzilla's forms) or King Caesar as a new JJ-type hero character?

I'm unsure if they'd touch names like Gorosaurus, Baragon, Varan, Gabara, Gigan, Megalon and Titanosaurus given they've already been 'referenced' for new designs, but you never know.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla, mainly.

although I'm only on episode 10.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

More Salunga. Or at the very least another of his species.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dust Errant
Samurai

Post by Dust Errant »

As Season 1 concentrated heavily on monsters from the showa era, I'd like season 2 to highlight Heisei era kaiju. Biollante, Battra, Spacegodzilla, and Destroyah.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I would like to see King Cesar maybe as forgotten guardian of Japan waking up from some kind of code, and fights monsters including
Spoiler:
MechaGodzilla

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

An actual complete storyline and not just a grab bag mystery box.