SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point... Season 2? What Would You Want To See?

Post by TyrantGojira »

Hoping for more Anguirus next time around. Wanna see more of the monsters swarming the planet and how their ecosystem works.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I want season 2 to feel like Attack on Titan. This show was begging for just a bit more gravitas. It didn't know if it wanted to be childish, or be a wild epic.

Don't get me wrong I loved Baby Tawk Jaguar and The Boss, but the little virtual cat/dog was such an oddity to jump to after seeing Godzilla annihilate the city. Nobody really presented themselves as terrified either.

I also want to see people actually perish, there were no "oh wow all those civilians just got blown to smithereens" moments.

If they can make the entire show feel like episode 13, then they have absolute gold on their hands.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

TyrantGojira wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:47 am Hoping for more Anguirus next time around. Wanna see more of the monsters swarming the planet and how their ecosystem works.
I agree. This is my most favorite Anguirus design.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I would like to see social disorder and societal breakdown.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Dinoskell wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:40 pm I would like to see social disorder and societal breakdown.
Spoken like a true anarchist :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Actually I just think the airport theft scene would have made more sense that way. While theft in the streets of Inida is a risk, the airports are pretty safe and the biggest recent rash of theft in Indian airports was done by rich, welldressed people for the thrill of it and knowledge that they can just pay off a fine.
Because apparently that one episode of Batman the Animated Series of rich people doing crime as a hobby was prophetic and my esteem for humanity has dipped a little.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Spoiler:
I'm excited to see Godzilla battle Mechagodzilla. Especially since we're finally past the stage of Godzilla cosplaying as his old costars from the glory days. I like the forms, but I need Godzilla :lol:

I was blown away by the final episode, so if the next season builds off all the concepts, I think it'll be great. If anything, they have a lot in their sandbox of potential threads to play around with. Have Haberu punch a kaiju in the face.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Erimaki Anguirus
Ronin

Post by Erimaki Anguirus »

Spoiler:
So what I want for season 2 is... Otaki Factory rebuilds Jet Jaguar, but a rival company of Otaki Factory builds a new kaiju fighting mech: Moguera! In case the kaiju return. Jet Jaguar and Moguera sometimes team up but are basically rivals. Meanwhile, Salunga breaks free of the atomic crystals. Takehiro and Arikawa release Mechagodzilla, and they want to destroy the kaiju, and basically hold the world hostage. Mechagodzilla emits a high piched noise, that hurts the kaiju hearing. So Otaki Factory and the rival company, which is called Serizawa Robotics, team up to go defeat Mechagodzilla. But when Takehiro and Arikawa release red dust and archetype into Mechagodzilla... Which ends up awakening the once dead Godzilla skeleton. It tests out the new abilities before going on a rampage. Meanwhile, BB is just living his normal BB life, but little does he know, he rival has returned... Salunga gets to BB's house, and they evacuate just in time. Mei picks up BB and they go to try and figure out why the kaiju are back. They find out pretty quick about Godzilla in Tokyo. Mechagodzilla turns around to see a new opponent: a giant snake-necked turtle creature called Kamoebas! Kamoebas extends his neck and bites down on Mechagodzilla who roars out in pain. Mechagodzilla uses his missiles to get rid of Kamoebas, and uses his Proton Scream to kill Kamoebas. An entire flock of Rodan then come and begin flocking around Mechagodzilla, only for it to roar which scares the Rodan into submission. From a distance Godzilla hears much more kaiju, old and new. Mechagodzilla recognizes a group of Manda from previous encounters. Yun and Otaki use the new code to make Jet Jaguar invincible. Serizawa Robotics then uses a similar code to make Moguera equally as huge! They confront Godzilla and run at him. Mechagodzilla, however, is much stronger and uses the Proton Scream to destroy one of Mogueras arms. They then hear a distant roar... Its Salunga! Mechagodzilla fights Salunga, giving Jet Jaguar and Moguera time to ready themselves. Mechagodzilla easily kills Salunga only for Jet Jaguar and Moguera to ambush Godzilla from behind! Moguera was indeed built to self destruct in a death scenario. So he gets destroyed by Mechagodzilla which results in the destruction of Mechagodzilla, Jet Jaguar, and Moguera.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Spoiler:
I do feel like season 2 will be more dark than season 1, if it happens anyways. But I would actually like to see Mechagodzilla fighting JJ (A more upgraded version) if he comes back. Perhaps it fights Godzilla, again. I would love to see Salunga return, either the same individual or another member of the same species. Anguirus should return, except this time much larger and more powerful. Would love to see Manda again, this time a larger and much more powerful one than ones in season 1. Seeing a giant Rodan, this time much larger than the one seen in season 1. Love to see more classic monsters too, like Mothra, Battra, Biollante, and of course King Ghidorah.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Spoiler:
Is Godzilla even alive still? If they neutralized the Red Dust then wouldn't Godzilla cease to be an issue even if he some how survived?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Yeah I agree with clover, as much as I'd like a second series, I felt like most everything was wrapped up fairly well (barring the elephant in the room). I'm not really sure we will get one, but I'd really enjoy it.
He Jock it Made of Steel

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Spoiler:
I like how some of you are writing Ultima off as dead even after we saw Salunga get spiked through the brain twice and shrugged it off as if it was nothing more than a weak bug bite. Those two will absolutely be back.

On top of that, it was said that even the perfected OD would only semi-permanently neutralize the Red Dust, meaning that even though it's more effective than its predecessors, it'll still not a permanent solution and is liable to one day fail. And considering both the Super Calculator and J2P2 are gone, the perfected OD may be permanently lost.

And on top of even that, there are still Manda pods and likely still even rapidly adapting Rodan swarms out there, including an MIA Giant Rodan, we still don't quite understand how Anguirus fits into the larger picture or if he's even connected to Archetype, there may be even more bug nests that have sprung up where the Manda pods have traveled, AND the proverbial "Doorways to Hell" are still undiscovered.

The Catastrophe may have been stopped for the time being, but nothing has actually been resolved.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

NSZ wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:28 pm
Spoiler:
I like how some of you are writing Ultima off as dead even after we saw Salunga get spiked through the brain twice and shrugged it off as if it was nothing more than a weak bug bite. Those two will absolutely be back.

On top of that, it was said that even the perfected OD would only semi-permanently neutralize the Red Dust, meaning that even though it's more effective than its predecessors, it'll still not a permanent solution and is liable to one day fail. And considering both the Super Calculator and J2P2 are gone, the perfected OD may be permanently lost.

And on top of even that, there are still Manda pods and likely still even rapidly adapting Rodan swarms out there, including an MIA Giant Rodan, we still don't quite understand how Anguirus fits into the larger picture or if he's even connected to Archetype, there may be even more bug nests that have sprung up where the Manda pods have traveled, AND the proverbial "Doorways to Hell" are still undiscovered.

The Catastrophe may have been stopped for the time being, but nothing has actually been resolved.
Spoiler:
I was referring to how the Red Dust seems to be a life source for the kaiju alongside the spikes. If you eliminate the kaiju's energy source or food then the kaiju will just die off like the Rodan swarms early on in the series.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:31 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was referring to how the Red Dust seems to be a life source for the kaiju alongside the spikes. If you eliminate the kaiju's energy source or food then the kaiju will just die off like the Rodan swarms early on in the series.
Spoiler:
Well, that's the thing though, only the Rodan swarms seem to be reliant on Red Dust, as Anguirus, the Manda pods, and the bugs seemed to get on just fine without it. And even then, the Rodans are fully capable of evolving themselves to not be if push comes to shove.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

NSZ wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:38 pm
cloverfan98 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:31 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well, that's the thing though, only the Rodan swarms seem to be reliant on Red Dust, as Anguirus, the Manda pods, and the bugs seemed to get on just fine without it. And even then, the Rodans are fully capable of evolving themselves to not be if push comes to shove.
Spoiler:
Then what was the whole point of the Red Dust/singularity if not to introduce how the kaiju are born into this world? If they have no connection to the Red Dust?

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Spoiler:
Is Godzilla even alive still? If they neutralized the Red Dust then wouldn't Godzilla cease to be an issue even if he some how survived?
Spoiler:
I have no doubt that Godzilla is still alive. Heck they said that, the effect is only semi permanent, so it’s not gone permanently.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I think it is safe to say this without a spoiler tag because this was made apparent right in the first episode. A Godzilla already died. Why else would that Godzilla skeleton be there? In fact
Spoiler:
they even mentioned a Godzilla already died to confirm this.
That aside I want to see a bigger focus on action. For better or for worse we got the heavy technobabble laden dialogue to be the focus of season one. So if a season two arrives I don't want nor really need much more of an explanation. Seeing the umm "surprise" 'at the post credits scene hints we would go in that direction. I also want the action to be a bit more impactful. Generally speaking it was nice but somewhat formulaic. Godzilla stands there, another kaiju attacks and gets a hit in which proceeds to piss Godzilla off, and then Godzilla blasts them to oblivion. Maybe make the next fight scenes feel more like fights. Although as I said the "surprise" at the very end hints at this...

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I really hope Season 2 is NOT significantly more dark than Season 1, the series so far has been the exact tone I enjoy in a series like this.

For me, stuff i want to see in Season 2:
Spoiler:
Mothra properly introduced and expanded upon, I'd love to see what GSP's take on her may be.

An actual flashback to whatever happened in the 1930s with the first Godzilla, which seems to have been the actual inciting incident for everything happening in the season so I'm CERTAIN we're going to hear more about it. Where did the first Godzilla come from? What happened? How was it defeated? Did Ashihara witness the incident?

I think it's clear the SHIVA Consortium has more going on with it and a more nefarious agenda than revealed so far, so I want that expanded upon. How much of everything that's happened is according to a scheme cooked up by Ashihara most of a century ago? To what end?

I totally want Jet Jaguar and Anguirus back. I'm curious whether or not we're going to see maybe a THIRD Godzilla? A new take on Minilla or a "good" Godzilla would fit in here, I think.

Ghidorah. Especially in the wake of the Anime trilogy's take on him, I fully expect Ghidorah is going to play some role here and probably end up being the final boss of the whole series.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A week has passed since the nationwide Netflix release. Instead of this just being a "what would you want" thread, I've changed it to be clear as a spoiler and discussion thread for season 2. Full spoilers ahoy in this thread now.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a shift in perspective, ie the main character becoming Sato or one of the other characters. While I think there's a lot we could do with Ootaki crew, I think we don't need to force Jet Jaguar or anything else back into the narrative. I could however, easily imagine Ootaki Crew developing Moguera. The explanation given is that after saving the world and for their heroics, Ootaki Factory is given a big upgrade by the government and designs fighting robots to save the world in the future. Moguera is another monster that could have a fun redesign. Maybe instead of having "space travel", Moguera could have a suited mode to enter the universe or other areas where the monsters could come from.

Other than Moguera, I just want some more answers, and I think Godzilla Ultima should appear a lot earlier in the narrative.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by Jermobooka »

God, I would love for the Ootaki crew to build Moguera. A redesign based off of the original Showa design has plenty of badass possibilities.

I also want Moguera just so an official “Moguera vs. Mechagodzilla” fight could happen :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: