What Is Your Opinion On The Godzilla Ultima Design?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

What is your opinion on Godzilla Ultima’s design?

Great
31%
Good
48%
Bad
10%
Terrible
10%

Total votes: 77

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: What Is Your Opinion On The Godzilla Ultima Design?

Post by Gigantis »

I always liked the design, but ever since i saw it in motion it actually grew on me even more. There's something seriously menacing about it, something i think most modern Godzilla's are actually quite lacking in.

The only thing i don't like so far is the head. At certain angles it doesn't really even look like Godzilla and more like some other monster. I couldn't think of which monster it reminded me of.. then the S.H figure came out and it finally struck me.

EDIT: Oh come on, the Ulta-Wiki won't let me copy paste! I was gonna say he reminds me of Gomess
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

His upper half from the front reminds me of a cracked out Red King
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

With his new SH Monsterarts figure being revealed I truly get the sense that Godzilla Ultima is made to evoke an Oni especially from the front angle of the official pictures of the figure. From how he face evokes an Oni Mask to how his shoulders and upper leg details evoke armor it truly gives him a supernatural vibe even though the show goes for a more scientific route. It also reminds me of how he sometimes looks like an Oni during the storyboards of the 54 Godzilla film.

As someone who grew up reading folklore and myths this is actually making me dig Godzilla Ultima's design even more!
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Honestly I think the initial full-body art of Ultima threw alot of people off. Its whole t-rex pose and weird proportions probably turned alot of people off. That being said, seeing this design in action has shot it up to one of my fav Godzilla designs. I love the fangs, beedy eyes, long tail, colouration, etc. For me it all just works well.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

ElijahSky wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:50 am With those new pics of that awesome looking SHMA figure the design is really growing on me, but I still don't like the weird proportions.
Vakanai wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:40 pm
ElijahSky wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:44 pm The eyes are too close together and the body proportions are kind of absurd. Aside from that, I generally like it as long as I can ignore the eyes and thighs.
Why do you think the thighs are too big rather than the torso too small?
Because if you shrink that fat ass a little everything else in the body is pretty much proportionate to everything else.
Really? I'm oddly the opposite - from the feet up to the hips everything looks fine and the torso looks tiny. Just grow the torso and suddenly pretty much everything else becomes proportional.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So, I was just looking up pics of Godzilla Ultima as reference for Kaijune and just realized something about those huge cheeks that ruined the design for me. If you look carefully enough at his lower jaw, it becomes easily apparent that he actually has a normal jaw. The giant protrusions are just randomly tacked on. It's most obvious on the SHMA sculpt but you can tell on the show's CGI model, too.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

They shape of the jaw pretty much ruins it for me. He looks pretty good when viewed from the side, but from the front, no, just no.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I like it. There's not much for me to say about the design simply because he looks like a traditional Godzilla with some tweaks. Very menacing looking, but still feels natural.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Do you know when I watch the TV series The thighs aren’t really has a problem because they seem to be not as big as the concept art

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

After seeing his design in full in the show, I love it even more now.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GrandKingGidorah2001
Ronin

Post by GrandKingGidorah2001 »

Started out feeling "meh" about it when it was first revealed, then I absolutely hated it when the poster was shown. But now, now I absolutely love it, as of right now it's in my top 5 Godzilla designs.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I still think the Sh Monsterarts toy is the best version of the design. Maybe it's the CGI model textures in the show ruining it for me? I don't really know.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Spuro wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:29 pm I still think the Sh Monsterarts toy is the best version of the design. Maybe it's the CGI model textures in the show ruining it for me? I don't really know.
Certainly possible, the toy looks amazing, and some of the concept art shown off looks really cool. But the model in the show... not so much.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Indifferent, I guess, but it's grown on me. The more I look at the head, the more I see KinGoji, especially from the front.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.