Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by Vakanai »

Rodan looks good. A more classic Toho head, but with a more LP/MV body style. I expect that's going to be common from now on as they move away from suitmation.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm now convinced, Toho should use these design and do a soft remake of Monster Zero.

Ghidorah arrives on Earth and the only defense is Godzilla who hasn't been seen since 54 and Rodan who also perished in 56.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm I'm now convinced, Toho should use these design and do a soft remake of Monster Zero.

Ghidorah arrives on Earth and the only defense is Godzilla who hasn't been seen since 54 and Rodan who also perished in 56.
Now I kind of wish they'd made a Mothra design for this too...

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Vakanai wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:00 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm I'm now convinced, Toho should use these design and do a soft remake of Monster Zero.

Now I kind of wish they'd made a Mothra design for this too...
I need that in my life. Mothra please!! Her design would be interesting given the others for the ride. Maybe round out the big 5 with Mecha-G, but that may be pushing it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I could see these designs working very well in suit format should they choose to go that route.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:19 pm

I could see these designs working very well in suit format should they choose to go that route.
I mean Godzilla could work as a suit maybe, but the way Ghidorah moved and Rodan's more animalistic torso and proportions, I can't see them working as suits without losing something.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:27 pm

I mean Godzilla could work as a suit maybe, but the way Ghidorah moved and Rodan's more animalistic torso and proportions, I can't see them working as suits without losing something.
I could see it working like Creataceous King Ghidorah, running forward and attacking.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Ghidorah's heads are the only thing I'm not liking here. They look off and unglamorous in the chase scene.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:29 pm
Vakanai wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:27 pm

I could see it working like Creataceous King Ghidorah, running forward and attacking.
I don't know, I feel like the running on four limbs aspect that's unique to this Ghidorah (and that speed!) is very important to that version of Ghidorah, and that'd be extremely hard if not impossible to pull off with a suit.

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

I enjoy the ride kaiju designs so far. Hope we see something similar in a future movie/tv show/ toyline.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

I need it! I really hope Toho uses these designs for something outside of the ride, especially the Godzilla design! Is it crazy to say it's one of my new favorite Godzila designs already? It's such a good combination of the Heisei and Legendary appearances.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

When the teaser for the ride came out, I wasn’t that much of a fan of the design, but now I actually like the design. Probably one of the best Reiwa designs yet

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

It's basically GMK Godzilla with Legendary armor and color scheme. I love it.

I also have a feeling we'll never see a suited Godzilla movie again. The concepts are to grand in scale to force someone to act in a suit. When in reality CGI costs less and is more humane.

I mean seriously. Would you want to be trapped in a sweaty suit fighting another guy in a sweaty suit for hours?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

ernesth100 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:20 pmWhen in reality CGI costs less
I'm pretty sure that it does not, especially in Japan, where hundreds of hours of man-in-suit footage is still shot each year for television.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

ernesth100 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:20 pm I mean seriously. Would you want to be trapped in a sweaty suit fighting another guy in a sweaty suit for hours?
Yes.

Come on, man, the chance to play Godzilla in a feature film? Sign me the hell up! That's the stuff childhood dreams are made of. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

KK42 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:33 pm
ernesth100 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:20 pm I mean seriously. Would you want to be trapped in a sweaty suit fighting another guy in a sweaty suit for hours?
Yes.

Come on, man, the chance to play Godzilla in a feature film? Sign me the hell up! That's the stuff childhood dreams are made of. :P
I'll second this, it's always been a dream of mine! Tokusatsu blended with CGI is what I'd like to see them do moving forward. A lot of the recent Ultraman movies and shows look fantastic, I'm sure Toho could make a movie that looks as good if not better.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

The cgi in Shin Godzilla was fine. Just a little bit more to clean up and it’ll be fine. A mix of cgi and suit/miniatures can work.

Godzilla looks really good in this.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

While many of us love toku - I doubt we're getting a non-fully CGI Godzilla again. And I'm okay with that.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Found this on Wikizilla - another *glimpse* at Rodan on some merch.

I really want to see Rodan in full, the design has potential but its hard to judge clearly. More pics would be nice... but footage may be even better. ;)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Someone enhanced the newspaper picture and Rodan has two lower rows of horns.