Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme park ride at Seibu-en

Post by Vakanai »

GODZILLA2877 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 am I would love for this Godzilla to be in the next Japanese film, which would hopefully come out in 2024 for the 70th anniversary.
Do we really have to wait three years for the next movie? I don't mind getting a film in 2023 and just like a neat little short or something for 2024...
I know, I'm impatient, but it's been 5 years already since we last had a live action kaiju film from Toho, and while getting kaiju stuff from Hollywood is cool it's also just not the same.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Get it while it's hot!

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Damn does Ghidorah have the powers to extend his necks? I can't think of any other reason why he somehow managed to almost snatch up the passengers like that.

Also, there's a lot of KOTM refrences in this.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Holy wow. Loved every second of it. That Godzilla design truly is a damn masterpiece
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

My man Rodan is still getting the short end of the stick, poor fella

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:10 pm My man Rodan is still getting the short end of the stick, poor fella
Hey, at least he saved a vehicle full of what I'm assuming are civilian evacuees in-story.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

phillipw1954
Samurai

Post by phillipw1954 »

Vakanai wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:06 pm
GODZILLA2877 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 am I would love for this Godzilla to be in the next Japanese film, which would hopefully come out in 2024 for the 70th anniversary.
Do we really have to wait three years for the next movie? I don't mind getting a film in 2023 and just like a neat little short or something for 2024...
I know, I'm impatient, but it's been 5 years already since we last had a live action kaiju film from Toho, and while getting kaiju stuff from Hollywood is cool it's also just not the same.
Didn't TOHO have to wait until GVK was released to make a new live-action Godzilla film? I swear there was something in their contract with Legendary, and that's why TOHO pumped out the Anime Trilogy and SP. That, and wanting to exercise Godzilla in new forms of media. Hopefully we'll get an announcement or something regarding the "World of Godzilla" they were planning on doing soon. Hopefully we can get the MV, SP, and the WOG all running at the same time, assuming there will be more MV films and SP seasons.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Here’s to hoping. I wanna see these designs in a movie so bad.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

phillipw1954 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm
Didn't TOHO have to wait until GVK was released to make a new live-action Godzilla film? I swear there was something in their contract with Legendary, and that's why TOHO pumped out the Anime Trilogy and SP. That, and wanting to exercise Godzilla in new forms of media. Hopefully we'll get an announcement or something regarding the "World of Godzilla" they were planning on doing soon. Hopefully we can get the MV, SP, and the WOG all running at the same time, assuming there will be more MV films and SP seasons.
That would be amazing tbh. SP, WoG, and MV coexisting would be very interesting.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:10 pm My man Rodan is still getting the short end of the stick, poor fella
Yeah, sucks for Rodan, I think his fight here lasted about as long as it did against Ghidorah in GKOTM :lol: Was still a pleasant surprise to see him swoop in, though.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

That was awesome! I thought it was cool how we got a lot of build up with Ghidorah and escaping him! Must be cool! Even if the fight was short, it was fun and well shot! I hope they do something like this for the next few movies!

I'm still going to try to see this at the park, that's how great it is.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Pretty cool, although honestly I was more impressed by the old school movie theater housing the ride (complete with realistic mock Showa era movie posters) and the late '60s Tokyo that gets destroyed during the attraction. A period Godzilla movie would be cool for a change.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I wish I could go on that ride for real. Looked amazing in the video though. Loved the way they implemented the kaiju into the experience.

The money shot with
Spoiler:
the impaling atomic breath
was fantastic... my jaw dropped watching that.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Rodan continues a streak going on since the 60s of him being fucking bodied.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wish they gave us a better look at Rodan (or better yet, let him live just a bit longer) but other than that, this is absolute perfection!

Added in 40 seconds:
Ghidorah's death, in particular, has to be my favorite of his so far!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue May 25, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Fucking loved it

I had a feeling Godzilla would be the hero
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Denis wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:27 pm
phillipw1954 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm Didn't TOHO have to wait until GVK was released to make a new live-action Godzilla film? I swear there was something in their contract with Legendary, and that's why TOHO pumped out the Anime Trilogy and SP. That, and wanting to exercise Godzilla in new forms of media. Hopefully we'll get an announcement or something regarding the "World of Godzilla" they were planning on doing soon. Hopefully we can get the MV, SP, and the WOG all running at the same time, assuming there will be more MV films and SP seasons.
That would be amazing tbh. SP, WoG, and MV coexisting would be very interesting.
Once again, "World of Godzilla" is not any sort of planned cinematic universe by Toho. It's the name of a marketing strategy designed to establish the Godzilla brand in different countries around the world. There is no plans from Toho at the moment to do any sort of live-action movie or movie series.

Anyway, the ride looks...okay. It kind of fails at any attempt at immersion, at least from what I can see. The video itself is awesome and I'd love to experience it, but it also seems to fall into the all-too-familiar modern theme park ride category of "just a screen with some slight motion simulation". No real attempt at hiding the screen edges or immersing people into the world via the vehicle or any set dressing. I understand that it probably couldn't have Universal Studios or DisneySea-levels of budget, but it still kinda disappoints me a bit.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

While I’m still iffy on some aspects of this Godzilla’s design (kinda hoped it’d feel more sleek) the action we did get was pretty rad. Obviously, there’s not much to go off of, since it was a short ride. But if we got a movie that did more with these designs, I’d be plenty happy.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

phillipw1954 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm
Yes, but I imagine that they've had a few scripts and things waiting in the wings to swoop in and start making something as soon as GvK was over - and now we're in that time. I mean it's still too soon after GvK to announce anything, and they probably want to let SP have more time as the only big Toho Goji news for a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear Toho making new movie news within the year. And if they've already done all the scripting and possible concept art secretly behind the scenes, and with how quick they can churn out a movie, them having something for 2023 is possible. But they'll probably want to wait to release it for the 2024 anniversary, yeah...

There's definitely going to be more MV films, and though I'm fine with that after the huge tonal shift and change of KotM and even more so GvK my interest in the MV is pretty much dead unless things change back to going less dumb on writing, but I doubt that'll happen (I refuse to watch anything on the same level of "quality" writing of GvK again). So my only prayer as a fan right now is praying and hoping that the whole Toho making their own Godzilla films at the same time as MV thing does indeed happen. God please let Toho start making their own Godzilla films again. Until then...well, I am eagerly anticipating watching SP on Netflix next month!

Added in 8 minutes 3 seconds:
GigaBowserG wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:54 pm Get it while it's hot!

To Toho, in regards to making movies with this level of CGI and character designs: Shut up and take my money!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I know it's a ride and meant to be experienced in person, but I can't say I was all that impressed by it as a 'piece' - it owes way too much to KOTM, playing out like a watered down version of that, and even after seeing them in action the Godzilla and Ghidorah designs still don't quite work for me. Rodan (again, largely in a moment recreating KOTM) could've easily been removed to reveal Godzilla sooner, as it was really beginning to feel more like 'Ghidorah the Ride' up to that point.

Godzilla vs. Evangelion: The Real 4-D was infinitely cooler.