Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 am
LegendZilla wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:40 am Are they trying to make Godzilla one in the same with both Titano and Varan?
What do you mean?
They are clearly making that Titanosaurus-looking Kaiju a form of Godzilla and now it seems they are making another form of Godzilla modeled after Varan. I am not liking the way this show is looking more and more as time goes by.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

CGWorld magazine released their issue on Singular Point. Here's a couple of photos I found on twitter of Ultima's design.

We're gonna get some awesome production information from that magazine, but I also can't wait to see more photos of the monster designs.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:49 am CGWorld magazine released their issue on Singular Point. Here's a couple of photos I found on twitter of Ultima's design.

We're gonna get some awesome production information from that magazine, but I also can't wait to see more photos of the monster designs.
Brb Gonna go check if the bookstore/magazine store near me has it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Well, it sounds like Sarunga was never intended to be another version of Gabara, but was created as an original monkey monster from the beginning. I heard that the magazine says "Saru(猿)" refers to "monkey" in Japanese, as it was already predicted. The initial monkey monster concept began taking shape of a baboon monster, and then the designer added some elements of Gabara and Baragon into it. So basically, it's not just Gabara with a different name. Sarunga is a totally new monster.

Keep in mind that I can't actually read the Japanese article by myself and just brought this interpretation from another forum.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Mon May 10, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:25 am Image

Well, it sounds like Sarunga was never intended to be another version of Gabara, but was created as an original monkey monster from the beginning. I heard that the magazine says "Saru(猿)" refers to "monkey" in Japanese, as it was already predicted. The initial monkey monster concept began taking shape of a baboon monster, and then the designer added some elements of Gabara and Baragon into it. So basically, it's not just Gabara with a different name. Sarunga is a totally new monster.

Keep in mind that I can't actually read the Japanese article by myself and just brought this interpretation from another forum.
Wow. Very interesting. I wonder how it would’ve originally looked like without any older kaiju design influences
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Man those chompers look great! I hope we get to see them in full force! I also hope they make a bandai figure or something of it someday.

I just realized, while we have seen him roar, we haven't seen him go full ape shit! Let Sarunga out and get onto some serious Monkey Business! Good choice also to make him visually distinct from Kong too.

Added in 41 minutes 21 seconds:
vastatosaurus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:25 am ¥

I can read some of that, I might mix up some of the specific details but here is the gist: It says in the beginning that they wanted to do a monkey-like monster, but realized and thought it would be too close to looking like a human, so they incorporated more Kaiju elements. That included giving it a much more monstrous maw, and then incorporating old Kaiju designs. The mouth was clearly based on a "ゲラダヒヒ" or Baboon. However, they felt they strayed a bit too much from the original monkey concept especially after giving it a long face like a rhinos. Then it just discusses having various inspirations of famous Toho monsters and you can see the motif throughout the entirety of it's design.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon May 10, 2021 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:49 am Image
Really interesting to see Ultima in real-world lighting.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:25 am Image

Those are some really impressive chompers! I hope Salunga busts out soon and uses those teeth on something.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Even if it wasn't planned as such or named as so, I'll still happily adopt Salunga here as a new version of Gabara. SP has had some very solid designs so far. I might not be sold just yet on Ultima's gargantuan thighs, but the rest of the look is good. Here's hoping Anguirus returns.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

According to the magazine, Manda's design is inspired by centipedes. The designer wanted to deviate from the traditional Eastern dragon look, so he designed it to be a seafaring arthropod of sorts. The director later refined the design to be more dragon-like.

Perhaps it's inspired by the Ookmukade, a giant centipede demon/yokai from Japanese legends.

Added in 4 minutes 1 second:
Another Godzilla design with a freakishly long tail huh

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 pm According to the magazine, Manda's design is inspired by centipedes. The designer wanted to deviate from the traditional Eastern dragon look, so he designed it to be a seafaring arthropod of sorts. The director later refined the design to be more dragon-like.

Perhaps it's inspired by the Ookmukade, a giant centipede demon/yokai from Japanese legends.

IIRC there might also be some myths regarding giant snakes or dragons fighting giant centipedes or something similar. I just hope my copy of CG World arrives soon. I want to read some of this stuff myself, and if someone doesn't beat me to the punch I'll upload the photos.

My copy of CG world just arrived. It's certainly interesting! The stuff about Manda and Sarunga are the most interesting, but there's something about each of the monsters that have been revealed so far, as well as Godzilla. Curious about the Jet Jaguar stuff. I'm looking over it now and if there's anything cool I'll let you know.

Edit, if you want an explanation of a "thicc Godzilla", despite the series appropriations of the fantastical, it seems as though making Godzilla thick as fuck was a very intentional design choice. Godzilla was designed after consultation with a biologist, in order to incorporate legs that would be capable of supporting a real living creature.

Also: Anguirus Is listed as "Anguirus 2". It lists "take 2" but it's a bit strange because none of the other monsters have that. It's possible there was either a completely discarded design that went in another direction, or something else entirely, such as a second Angurius.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon May 10, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Sarunga Concept art:

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Most likely fake like other 4chan leaks, but I found it interesting:
Ultima is a destroyer, but isn't evil.
Salunga is a creator, but is evil.

Both are forces attempting to destroy the other but end up bringing the planet into the situation thanks to Archetype's manipulation by man.

"Skeleton Godzilla" was born to stop the use of Archetype(Red Dust) in those times, after his battle his physical body "died".

Salunga is basically a Devil crawling out of Hell to destroy humanity and wrap the Earth/Universe in it's image. While humans thought they had control over it by using it's body through Archetype (Production type/Clear), he had already planned to use the humans and their plan to make him strong enough to defeat Godzilla and combine with the skeleton of the previous body of Ultima.

Ultima was awakened after humans cracked the code with Archetype, now that they're actively manipulating it he has to step in and stop it. The song coming from the skeleton was used as a signal for humanity to be warned that "The end is coming". Using the still living material in the skeleton and linked it to a song that closely matched the invisible signal going off.

The Rodan and Manda were destroying anything that gave off the signal(Radio waves) that could trigger Ultima's awakening, but were too late. Now
Salunga is actively attempting to escape and stop Godzilla while he's still in a "Minor" form.

If Ultima fails the Universe is reset, If Ultima succeeds he goes back to sleep.

While I don't believe it will be called Bagan, it's basically him with a lion mane, greenish skin and regeneration like Orga.
Forgot to add.

Rodan are a Neutral party, they can be used by anything that can alter or manipulate Archetype. The Spread of the Red Dust is key to both Ultima and Salunga.

Siren
Sophisticate
Boss
Bohemian
Coquette
Goddess
Enigma
Sensualist
Lady
Diva
Empress
Ingenue
Gamine

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I can believe it from what has happened. There was a leak early on stating Godzilla would evolve.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Tue May 11, 2021 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:29 am I can believe it from what has happened. There was a leak early on stating Godzilla would evolve.
I'm gonna shut this down quick, just because I didn't think anyone would really take the last message seriously. Godzilla Aquatalis was in the first trailer, and had Godzilla spines. Since day one, there was speculation that it was Titanosaurus and that they made Godzilla and it related, but there were a few fringe people guessing some transforms or evolution. The series thematically discusses a lot within the two episodes focusing and discussing evolution. Going off the coattails of Shin, and based on some wording in the trailer, none of that is difficult to surmise or predict.

Speaking of which, the "leak" that Stefanos of Levanon has posted is pretty much 99% probably bullshit, or not bullshit, just really easy speculation based on what we already know. For example, we know based on the 7th episode and what not, it's clear Sarunga will be more important than we previously thought. Additionally, because mythology plays a big role in the series, based upon everything in the first episode and direct imagery we see in the show, it's not difficult to surmise Sarunga is "escaping" from hell and I'm pretty sure the series makes direct allusions. Same thing going with the skeleton and the radio waves. It's stuff we already know, masquerading as a "leak". If someone said that the monster in the trailer wasn't Gabara, it was Sarunga, and was a rival to Godzilla, we'd be having a different conversation.

It's not really worth discussing this leak because it's probable it's true, but not a leak or anything more than speculation. The only other thing that irks me, is the discussion of the mystical for this. The series tonally has made many references to the fantastical, but largely has given incredibly detailed explanations for every single thing. It's tonally total SF, and calling Sarunga reeks of BS. I'd also like to point out "the leak" makes zero references to Angurius, Jet Jaguar or the other monsters.

Shiva is the name of essentially a destroyer god in Hinduism. Shiva consortium. The Design page I posted about Saurnga indicates it's a great pun and they wanted to incorporate more of that into the design.
Read here, and you can get the gist:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharanga
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:51 pm Edit, if you want an explanation of a "thicc Godzilla", despite the series appropriations of the fantastical, it seems as though making Godzilla thick as skreeonk was a very intentional design choice. Godzilla was designed after consultation with a biologist, in order to incorporate legs that would be capable of supporting a real living creature.
that moment when the anime of all things is the closest thing to realism/hard sci-fi that the franchise will ever get.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So according to the article, Godzilla SP was inspired by a cross between "Evangelion, 'Panic Action', Disaster films, and as well as wanting to incorporate younger-ish characters as well as being more age general. The series was also unique in that unlike a movie, they needed to make things continually engaging and wanted it to be fun and speculative on a week to week basis (just like what we are doing!)

Additionally, when it discusses Jet Jaguar, it notes a specific balance and intentional foray into being a little comical, but also actiony. Jet Jaguar's first "form" in the magazine is listed as "normal mode", while the next one, the one from where he fights Angurius is listed as "tank model".

Some other interesting things from the article: Based on the way the rigs are the models are pretty much always present. IE: I complained originally in episode 7 that you couldn't fully see Manda, and that we've only seen ridges of Manda out of the water. A render of Manda confirms the full model is actually in the water.

I'm reading it right now so I'll keep updating this if I find anything super cool.

Lmao, I might be misunderstanding this, but apparently they were instructed to include minor Kaiju, like Anguirus :lol:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I don't buy SP leaks from 4chan. Come one, this is a Japanese Anime. If there is a leak, it is much more likely to appear in the Japanese community 5ch, not 4chan. I believe every insider of SP must be Japanese people.

BTW, this SP end credits easter eggs compilation video is very well made:
https://youtu.be/-P0ziULrDlo

Added in 17 minutes 39 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:55 am Lmao, I might be misunderstanding this, but apparently they were instructed to include minor Kaiju, like Anguirus :lol:
Wow, the mighty, historic Anguirus is now officially categorized to "minor Kaiju" group? LOL
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Tue May 11, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:03 am I don't buy SP leaks from 4chan. Come one, this is a Japanese Anime. If there is a leak, it is much more likely to appear in the Japanese community 5ch, not 4chan. I believe every insider of SP must be Japanese people.
It's possible that someone at Netflix might get ahold of it sooner, but it's also likely that while Netflix has the infrastructure, no one on the English side of things actually has full details of what's going on. But yeah, we'd hear about this from other places first.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Less than 22 hours till episode 8. :JetJaguar:

Let's see what Amphibia is capable of. Hope the music video didn't spoil everything.
Hi!