Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Tyrant28 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am My brother and I are both in agreement that not only was this show absolutely bat-bonkers amazing, but that
Very much agreed
Spoiler:
Singular Point Godzilla is Uber S-Tier God levels of holy dear lord Paul Reiser have mercy on our universe powerful.

Somewhere in the Toho multiverse, Godzilla Earth is skreeonking crying right now.
Spoiler:
Is Ultima really that powerful? I mean, his atomic breath seemed pretty powerful, but is there a detail I’m overlooking here that puts Earth’s feats to shame? :lol:
Beyond the whole “Bring the Catastrophe” thing (which in itself is vague at what that would be) and adaptability. Ultima felt like a pretty average strength Godzilla, which is fine totally fine for me.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Spoiler:
Singular Point Godzilla is Uber S-Tier God levels of holy dear lord Paul Reiser have mercy on our universe powerful.

Somewhere in the Toho multiverse, Godzilla Earth is skreeonking crying right now.
Spoiler:
Is Ultima really that powerful? I mean, his atomic breath seemed pretty powerful, but is there a detail I’m overlooking here that puts Earth’s feats to shame? :lol:
Spoiler:
As far that I can see, I don’t think SP Godzilla is that powerful

Doc Phibes
Samurai

Post by Doc Phibes »

Much like Hiromi Ogashira in Shin Godzilla, Yun only smiles slightly once in the whole story: in his last shot. Nice touch.

Too much to address with too little time here. For those unfamiliar with Yiddish, look up "verklempt." That was my reaction throughout Ep 13. Bravo, Toho Animation. You did well.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

man, I wish we could've seen more wide shots of Godzilla fighting. he seemed FAST in that fight with Jet, no doubt due to those monstrous legs.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

imposterzilla wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:16 am
Spoiler:
hey! Anyone else notice the language on the computers during the MG scene look very alien?
I think it might be a type of code (not "computer science" code, more like "hidden message" code). I have no clue what type of code it is, though.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Holy fucking shit that finale! Meganuron, Big JJ, 2D Kaiju, Mechagodzilla and Asihara! Holy shit
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Can we talk about how Salunga straight up refuses to die?? Dude got iron maidened twice and it was only a minor inconvenience to him.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Well, SP comes out in 1 week exactly, here in Australia. Can’t wait to watch it!
For Emperor and Empire!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I feel like I've entered a euphoric state after that last episode... and also still very confused. What a crazy ride, and while I feel they may've gone somewhat overboard with all the technobabble, it was still highly enjoyable. Kind of wish we could've had some more interactions between the characters and fleshed some of the side ones out just a bit more, but I still found myself heavily invested during the finale and hoping no one would bite the dust.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I love how JJ PP gets hit by Godzilla’s beam, and then his face half melts away, only for it to be hidden until he says goodbye to Yun. Really touching and fantastic moment, great visual storytelling and HYPE.

Also, I love that Jet Jaguar is carrying Yun on his back, in a little “baby holder”. Compared to the first few episodes, it’s showing that JJ is now taking care of Yun.

There’s so many great little moments in this episode.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if there were people who ended up disliking or even outright hating this series? How would you guys react if someone hear expressed such an opinion?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:21 pm What if there were people who ended up disliking or even outright hating this series? How would you guys react if someone hear expressed such an opinion?
1. It's already happened
2... who cares? It's not like they can't have an opinion or it's gonna affect OUR enjoyment of it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Wow, that was wild. Criticisms aside, the series was a lot of fun. If there's a season two I say GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:05 pm Mechagodzilla
Wait, what? Did I miss something?
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm
Watch the credits all the way through ;)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:49 pm I feel like I've entered a euphoric state after that last episode... and also still very confused. What a crazy ride, and while I feel they may've gone somewhat overboard with all the technobabble, it was still highly enjoyable. Kind of wish we could've had some more interactions between the characters and fleshed some of the side ones out just a bit more, but I still found myself heavily invested during the finale and hoping no one would bite the dust.
I got very worried when Mr. Ootaki and Haberu fell like that. It definitely would've been a heroic death, and I got very worried. I'm actually surprised and sort of relieved that only a few people got killed off (Li, Tilda).

I agree, wish we got more character interactions. Yun and Mei only meet in the last few seconds of the episode, but their dynamic over texts is very interesting. I think it was Monstrosities (Youtuber) but he said he'd like to see BB interact with Goro Ootaki.

Another thing is I realized I'm glad all of the Ootaki crew is safe. I wouldn't mind having more adventures with them, like similar to how they solved the Rodan attack in episode 3, or helped those guys in the fishing port in episode 9.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm
Watch the credits all the way through ;)
YESSSSS!!!! What an incredible MG design!

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
I smoked two blunts before this and con confirm it delivered on the mindfuck.

Added in 4 minutes 22 seconds:
Tyrant28 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:48 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am My brother and I are both in agreement that not only was this show absolutely bat-bonkers amazing, but that
Very much agreed
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Beyond the whole “Bring the Catastrophe” thing (which in itself is vague at what that would be) and adaptability. Ultima felt like a pretty average strength Godzilla, which is fine totally fine for me.
I definitely care more about how Godzilla functions in relation to the plot than his power compared to other versions of himself or other characters.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tyrant28 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:48 am Beyond the whole “Bring the Catastrophe” thing (which in itself is vague at what that would be) and adaptability. Ultima felt like a pretty average strength Godzilla, which is fine totally fine for me.
Honestly, the "Ultima" form was the least interesting one of the bunch :lol: It can hold its own fine in a tooth-and-claw bout, and laser beam breaths are a dime a dozen these days. Almost a shame the other forms weren't explored a bit more, given how unusual they were.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Ngl i cried jus a little bit for
Spoiler:
JJ PP at the end of the fight. I get attached to robotic characters and they were definitely the heart of the series for me (aside from Mei and even Yun at times).
Really enjoyed it and hope that tease was for a season 2. For next season, a bit more development for human characters would make it even better. Cannot wait for the soundtrack because I need it in my earholes ASAP :JetJaguar:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Very much agreed
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
From what the show seems to be telling us, he was on the verge of wiping that universe out just by existing (a.k.a. The Catastrophe).

I swear this incarnation of Godzilla is The Space-Time Pair of Ducks’ weapon of destroying their quota of universes each year.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Wow that was a great finale! Can't wait for season 2! I am not so sure about Ultima being the most powerful Godzilla though. Sure if he is allowed to exist that is a serious problem but in terms of a straight up fight, eh not so sure. Anyway I loved JJ's heroism against Godzilla! A fantastic way to bring back a character but not have it just be cheap fan service! This show might seriously be responsible for rejuvenating the character at this rate. The Mechagodzilla of course was splendid and I can't wait to see what the next season holds! I can only hold out for a new Godzilla form in the next season.