Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 4)

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Denis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:00 am
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am The figure for the aquatic monster was posted in the JP Upcoming figures thread
Spoiler:
It's not Titanosaurus apparently, lol. I WAS WRONG!! Feel free to gloat at me all you want. :twisted:
You got a link for the thread?
viewtopic.php?p=1824245#p1824245
nvm it was this thread
Spoiler:
If you ask me though, it's still 100% based on Titanosaurus, just check out the head sail, horns, cheek fin... It's way too similar to be a coincidence.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:01 am
Denis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:00 am
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 am The figure for the aquatic monster was posted in the JP Upcoming figures thread
Spoiler:
It's not Titanosaurus apparently, lol. I WAS WRONG!! Feel free to gloat at me all you want. :twisted:
You got a link for the thread?
viewtopic.php?p=1824245#p1824245
nvm it was this thread
Spoiler:
If you ask me though, it's still 100% based on Titanosaurus, just check out the head sail, horns, cheek fin... It's way too similar to be a coincidence.
Alright thanks. There’s a possibility that this is the scientific name actually for the subspecies and they just general name is Titanosaurus
Last edited by Denis on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Poor Titanosaurus, Gabara, Manda and JJ get some love, but none for Titano. Sort of a shame though, Titanosaurus has had some good recent comic appearances that always made we want more.

The elephant in the room is how they’ll make this monster different enough in order to justify making it a separate monster.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am Poor Titanosaurus, Gabara, Manda and JJ get some love, but none for Titano. Sort of a shame though, Titanosaurus has had some good recent comic appearances that always made we want more.

The elephant in the room is how they’ll make this monster different enough in order to justify making it a separate monster.
Spoiler:
I’m still not giving up it could still be Titanosaurus. I do think there’s a possibility of Gojira Aquatalis could be the scientific name, but they call it Titanosaurus. It’s a possibility imo.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Denis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 am Have a feeling that the silhouette is Varan. It looks very similar to his snout. But I do have a feeling these could either be Godzilla or a close relative. If that’s a case, then Varan being a close relative of Godzilla would be a nod to the Showa era relation of Godzilla and Varan. Which has been said they were close relatives. But that’s just me.
The one your talking about is definitely supposed to resemble Varan. The next shot features another kaiju, however that I can't identify. I believe it's may be Godzilla C.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

EvaGhidorah01 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:19 am
Denis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 am Have a feeling that the silhouette is Varan. It looks very similar to his snout. But I do have a feeling these could either be Godzilla or a close relative. If that’s a case, then Varan being a close relative of Godzilla would be a nod to the Showa era relation of Godzilla and Varan. Which has been said they were close relatives. But that’s just me.
The one your talking about is definitely supposed to resemble Varan. The next shot features another kaiju, however that I can't identify. I believe it's may be Godzilla C.
Yeah true.
Spoiler:
I’m hearing that Anguirus is implied to be a child in the series.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Saw a clearer image on other sites. Apparently the “Titanosaurus” is indeed a form of Godzilla, called Godzilla Aquatilis. I am curious about Aquatilis. Is it :
1.Similar to Shin Godzilla's Second Form, it is an underdeveloped form that requires further evolution to become Godzilla Ultima.

2.Rather than an evolutional stage, Godzilla Ultima is able to change its form at will depend on situations. Similar to recent Ultra Warriors.

Since this form seems to be based on Titanosaurus. I guess “Varan” might also be one of Godzilla Ultima's form.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Denis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:13 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am Poor Titanosaurus, Gabara, Manda and JJ get some love, but none for Titano. Sort of a shame though, Titanosaurus has had some good recent comic appearances that always made we want more.

Spoiler:
I’m still not giving up it could still be Titanosaurus. I do think there’s a possibility of Gojira Aquatalis could be the scientific name, but they call it Titanosaurus. It’s a possibility imo.
Less that I'm giving up hope and more that I can't stop thinking of the old adage:
Spoiler:
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. The toy just convinced me further that this creature was at least inspired by Titanosaurus (the yellow crest on the head in particular). If "Varan" shows up under the name Godzilla Triphibius or something like that, but it has more in common with Varan than Godzilla, then I don't think it's that much of a stretch to call it Varan.

Pretty sure we'll need to watch the rest of the show play out to really understand, but if they are just repurposing Titanosaurus and Varan into forms of Godzilla, it's no problem to me. They were both meant to be surviving dinosaurs in their first appearances, just like Godzilla.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Very interesting. It’s obviously based off of Titano, but it’s a Godzilla form. So cool! Can’t wait to see what Varan looks like! Hell, i can’t wait for this show to head on over here to the states. Way more hyped for this than i ever was for the anime trilogy!

You can really tell the creators are hardcore Godzilla nerds like us (unlike a certain trilogy director...) and wanted to create something fun, creative, new, and unique

While the trilogy was a series far up its own ass with it’s “2deep4u” attitude and boring, drawn out pace/dialogue/characters to make it look like it’s good when it really isn’t, SP is actually embracing all the pros of being an anime and is giving a fun, colorful, action packed, insane series that older Godzilla fans and newcomers could enjoy

Can you tell i’m hyped for this?

Alsoooo...are Gabara and Anguirus related to Godzilla or their own kaiju? I wonder what’s so special about them...
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I think we're letting Shin color our theories here. Remember, that's Ultima that Manda is attacking, and there's still a Godzilla B and a Godzilla C to be seen. Now what sense would it make to have a B and C if Godzilla Aquatilus, or Godzilla A, can go straight to Ultima?

I agree with the theory that these are scientific names, and will go one step further by suggesting that they're being applied to monsters believed to be the foretold destroyer, with Ultima being the real McCoy.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Titano is Godzilla's early form. I was right, that means. Anyways, I wonder how he'll turn into Ultima.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am Titano is Godzilla's early form. I was right, that means. Anyways, I wonder how he'll turn into Ultima.
Probably something to do with Varan, since he’s in the OP, has those Godzilla spines, and is most likely Godzilla B from the bandai figure listings. Very interested to see how Varan looks in his entirety
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The skeleton is the Singular point. A B and C will arrive, fuse with the Skelton and form Ultima. That's my guess.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spoiler:
Manda has a Godzilla spine on i's tail!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I'm more focused on those what seems to be vestigial hindlimbs Manda's got. Don't think we've ever had a kaiju with vestigial limbs until now.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I haven't watched episode 4 yet, but I think it's kinda interesting that the two main protagonists (Mei and Yun) haven't met yet, or even interacted outside of that phone call in episode 1.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiSquid wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:55 pm I haven't watched episode 4 yet, but I think it's kinda interesting that the two main protagonists (Mei and Yun) haven't met yet, or even interacted outside of that phone call in episode 1.
Mei knows Havel though (the scene where he gives Mei a lift) and I believe they're texting (or Pero 2 is texting) in episode 3. I think it's just a way of establishing multiple monsters at once. It'll be easy for episode 5 to be mostly action based, with Angurius: Yun and Havel. Gabara: Mei, Li, and Micheal Steve, and Manda/Aquatalis with the military. It's exciting to see the military in the early episodes and jets scrambled, but damn we really need some fighting.

Also, I have a photo of Titanosaurus on my desk. I refuse to not acknowledge that
Spoiler:
Godzilla
Aquatalis isn't Titanosaurus somehow. He has the same antenna, adjacent to the head crest. He has the same "armor" plating that regular Titano has. The main thing that separates them is the body structure and not being "spotted". A thought also occurred to me: Godzilla has three "nozzles" in his mouth where presumably his beam comes from. What if each mouth is from a different monster canonically. Therefore; Godzilla will have three different beams.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Spoiler:
A third concert part of Rodin came out here all 3 together
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Spoiler:
A third concert part of Rodin came out here all 3 together
Image Image
I'm not going to post this in the non-spoiler thread, but I'm pretty sure Yun gives Havel an explanation for variation within the species in episode 4. It's something about being able to change or choose variation in body type. Again, we see Rodan with Godzilla spines, furthering the connection.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

This anime really took the "hey what if everything was godzilla" concept from the POTM trilogy and actually capitalizes on it.