Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Spoiler:
From what the show seems to be telling us, he was on the verge of wiping that universe out just by existing (a.k.a. The Catastrophe).

I swear this incarnation of Godzilla is The Space-Time Pair of Ducks’ weapon of destroying their quota of universes each year.
Spoiler:
BB kinda hinted that Salunga is the catastrophe, not Godzilla. Still the two of them are supposedly on par with each other anyway, so make of that as you will.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

I’m so happy they stuck the landing. That was amazing amazing ending.
Spoiler:
I especially loved how they gave Jet Jaguar a badass, poignant monologue while he’s defeating Godzilla. What an great way to tie back to the voices from Episodes 1 and 3. This is probably the best written piece of Godzilla media we’ve ever gotten, full stop.

The stinger at the end was fun, and I’d be down for a follow up, but we even if we don’t get one I’m ok. What the hell is Ashihara’s goal?

I was immensely relieved they didn’t just ape the ending of Shin like I thought they would. No “fifth form tail” stinger.
Last edited by Ultramorph on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm
Tyrant28 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:48 am Beyond the whole “Bring the Catastrophe” thing (which in itself is vague at what that would be) and adaptability. Ultima felt like a pretty average strength Godzilla, which is fine totally fine for me.
Honestly, the "Ultima" form was the least interesting one of the bunch :lol: It can hold its own fine in a tooth-and-claw bout, and laser beam breaths are a dime a dozen these days. Almost a shame the other forms weren't explored a bit more, given how unusual they were.
Never elaborated what was going on with that "beam" that bent the lamp posts. I wonder if they'll explain more about Godzilla in season 2.

Seems like Archetype was set up as a "magic system", akin to Nen from Hunter Hunter or Chakra from Naruto. The type of thing that they set up and don't info dump on exactly what's going on, but later give some more concrete explanations. It seems like a lot is set up (without not landing the ending for episode 13) to be flexible in the future.

Also, I think the Easter egg of the Meganulon is the perfect way to have an Easter egg and fan service. It didn't require much build up, doesn't over stay it's welcome, and adds to the tension of the scene.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:27 am I just watched the 13th episode and I thought it was really good, even though I still prefer GvK this I highly recommended this anime
Spoiler:
I was kind of disappointed that they didn’t really use Mothra to fight Godzilla but it was a giant Jet Jaguar that fought Godzilla

OK I may sound crazy for saying this but what if this screenshot was from the second season
I think that's just a trailer exclusive shot, seems that they made several of those.

Added in 7 minutes 38 seconds:
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 am My brother and I are both in agreement that not only was this show absolutely bat-bonkers amazing, but that
Very much agreed
Spoiler:
Singular Point Godzilla is Uber S-Tier God levels of holy dear lord Paul Reiser have mercy on our universe powerful.

Somewhere in the Toho multiverse, Godzilla Earth is skreeonking crying right now.
Spoiler:
Is Ultima really that powerful? I mean, his atomic breath seemed pretty powerful, but is there a detail I’m overlooking here that puts Earth’s feats to shame? :lol:
Spoiler:
From what the show seems to be telling us, he was on the verge of wiping that universe out just by existing (a.k.a. The Catastrophe).

I swear this incarnation of Godzilla is The Space-Time Pair of Ducks’ weapon of destroying their quota of universes each year.
I wouldn't say Ultima literally has universe-destroying powers, it's more like his existence violates the laws of the universe and causes it to collapse. He's potentially the most dangerous Godzilla incarnation up to date, but I wouldn't say he's the most "powerful". Strength-wise, he's a pretty average Godzilla. His atomic breath for instance, is destructive enough to level some city blocks but it's not level-the-entire-city powerful, unlike Godzilla Earth.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Spoiler:
So what's up with these alien-looking letters?

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 pm Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Spoiler:
So what's up with these alien-looking letters?
Spoiler:
Given that this version of Mechagodzilla is clearly Showa inspired, and the technicians are dressed like the Mysterians, they might be alien letters.
Last edited by JNewbold54 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Also anybody notice Salunga channeling electricity through his arms and his horn glowing purple? Those are Gabara's abilities.
Last edited by Vandarker on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 pm Image
Also anybody notice Salunga channeling electricity through his arms and his horn glowing purple? Those are Gabara's abilities.
First thing I instantly thought of when I saw it. Sarunga isn't Gabara my ass. They wanted to reuse and remake Gabara, but cooler, and wanted to completely abandon the negative association with the monster. I wonder if Sarunga will make a comeback. I think it's fine if it doesn't, it's had a fair bit of screen time, but we'll see.

All I can think is a lot of what Kai and everyone states. Kai and Micheal Steven knew a lot about Sarunga. Kai also delivered a lot of lines in the Angurius arc which are definite foreshadowing. He notes the Angurius in episode 4,5 and 6 is a baby. Now that we see he has intimate knowledge of MG and other creatures, it goes without saying that his words are less of speculation and more of a reality. That means that yes, somewhere out there, there's probably a big Angurius. Given that Angurius, the one we see in the show, is listed as "Angurius 2" in the CG World Article, that indicates that probably season 2, or a continuation was alway planned. If I had to wager, big Angurius and Big Rodan will appear in season 2. I could see Sarunga and Manda being completely dropped, but we'll see.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:46 pm
Vandarker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 pm Image
First thing I instantly thought of when I saw it. Sarunga isn't Gabara my ass. They wanted to reuse and remake Gabara, but cooler, and wanted to completely abandon the negative association with the monster. I wonder if Sarunga will make a comeback. I think it's fine if it doesn't, it's had a fair bit of screen time, but we'll see.

All I can think is a lot of what Kai and everyone states. Kai and Micheal Steven knew a lot about Sarunga. Kai also delivered a lot of lines in the Angurius arc which are definite foreshadowing. He notes the Angurius in episode 4,5 and 6 is a baby. Now that we see he has intimate knowledge of MG and other creatures, it goes without saying that his words are less of speculation and more of a reality. That means that yes, somewhere out there, there's probably a big Angurius. Given that Angurius, the one we see in the show, is listed as "Angurius 2" in the CG World Article, that indicates that probably season 2, or a continuation was alway planned. If I had to wager, big Angurius and Big Rodan will appear in season 2. I could see Sarunga and Manda being completely dropped, but we'll see.
I personally feel like they aren’t done with him. Especially with his body still being visible while Godzilla and the Rodans are seemingly destroyed by the Orthogonal Diagonalizer. With how it only could temporarily stop him before, felt like this may have simply put him in permanent catatonic state. Similar to Shin’s SCRAM at the end of the film,
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:21 pm What if there were people who ended up disliking or even outright hating this series? How would you guys react if someone hear expressed such an opinion?
We'd look at it and move on like anything else. Just another opinion in the vast sea of opinions. One wouldn't be special for disliking the series.

I'm guessing you didn't like it?

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I was a somewhat let down by Anguirus not coming back and us never getting the often speculated Salunga vs. Godzilla battle, and I still am a bit lost about the metaphysics; but JJ PP was great and here's hoping Season 2 bodes well. Great to see all of Ootaki crew make it through as I truly did like them.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I eagerly await the "AMV" of Jet Jaguar PP and him kicking ass in the series with the original JJ theme.
Instead of Gojira and Jaguar PUNCH PAUNCH PAUNCH
it's more like JET JAGUAR PUNCH PUNCH GOJIRA

KByrd
Young Farmer

Post by KByrd »

This show just moves so fast. Excellent finale but I do have some questions and I'm a little frustrated because I don't know if they answered them or not. Maybe someone here can help.

1. So who built the super computer? And where did the singular points come from?

2. What's Salunga's deal? Why does he want to destroy the computer? There's a reference to a genie and a lamp, so perhaps he "wants" it, but WHY? And why can't he die?

3. Now that the Shiva people are dead, like… why did they want the catastrophe to happen? They definitely seemed like they wanted a Doomsday, but I have no idea why. Did the singularity help advance their goals? I mean, there's absolutely no way of knowing without new material, but I'm definitely wondering what the greater purpose of that organization was?

4. Now that we know for sure that the "reporter" was working for Ashihara, why did Li use him to send that invite to Mei?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Really the one detriment to this series is the length. Did the production team have a set amount of episodes they had to make? Because if they didn’t then choosing only thirteen ~20 minute episodes for a story like this was a very poor choice.

Other than that? Love it. Hope the possible Season 2 would fix the pacing issues.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I think SHIVA is Mothra, idk why. Also, I donn't understand what Salunga was all about. Whatever, the series was cool. I enjoyed it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

KByrd wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:32 pm This show just moves so fast. Excellent finale but I do have some questions and I'm a little frustrated because I don't know if they answered them or not. Maybe someone here can help.

1. So who built the super computer? And where did the singular points come from?

2. What's Salunga's deal? Why does he want to destroy the computer? There's a reference to a genie and a lamp, so perhaps he "wants" it, but WHY? And why can't he die?

3. Now that the Shiva people are dead, like… why did they want the catastrophe to happen? They definitely seemed like they wanted a Doomsday, but I have no idea why. Did the singularity help advance their goals? I mean, there's absolutely no way of knowing without new material, but I'm definitely wondering what the greater purpose of that organization was?

4. Now that we know for sure that the "reporter" was working for Ashihara, why did Li use him to send that invite to Mei?
1. Presumably, Ashihara. However, the showcasing of what looks to be Mysterians (could just be a uniform) indicates it's a collaboration between Ashihara and aliens.

2. Good questions. I have a feeling it'll be developed or explained in season 2. It might be that Sarunga sensed that whatever calculation Shiva was running would lead to it's demise. Sarunga is very odd and I don't think it'll be the last of him.

3+4: It seems like Shiva was not one simple group, but a group of highly intelligent and talented individuals. It seems like Ashihara jumpstarted it. Li references at various points that they're all not agreement on the same thing. BB seems like a well meaning scientist and a good guy. Li is about the same. Kai may be a duplicitous fuck or an alien, he certainly knows waaaay more than he lets on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's an alien and they want to take over earth. However, I think it's probably something way more complicated.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm I think SHIVA is Mothra, idk why. Also, I donn't understand what Salunga was all about. Whatever, the series was cool. I enjoyed it.
There are speculations saying Sarunga might actually is on Godzilla's side and he was trying to destroy SHIVA before it figures out some method to stop Godzilla.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

One fantastic detail, and probably why they gave Godzilla Ultima "shovel mouth" is Godzilla gives JJ a big bite, that's very similar to the bite Rodan gave JJ in episode 2, that tore off it's arm. However, Jet Jaguar has proper legs right now and gives Godzilla Ultima a proper kick, deflecting Godzilla away. What fantastic build up and story telling.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Alright, I have to say, they did a damn good job on the last episode. In all honesty if that had been the final episode of the series, I would be very happy with it overall, even if there are still questions that haven't been answered. But since it seems like we are getting a Season 2, with MechaGodzilla showing up at the end, with a badass design nonetheless, I am ecstatic!!! As long as they are able to keep the same level of storytelling as the first season, we should be in for fun ride.

I'm also glad that this seems like a planned Season 2. If they were making another season based just on the first seasons popularity (I'd actually be interested to see how popular Singular Point is in Japan), I'd be a little iffy on it, but it seems like this was their intention to to make a second season so this makes me happy.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I don't think Jet is gone for good. surely they'll build a second one, right?

right??
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

I kinda agree with that, I wish we saw just a bit more of the other forms. I was really hoping that Terrestris' tendril ability would've been expanded on, I thought that was a really good twist on a similar scene from Shin Godzilla and thought the ability could've been really cool if used more. Who knows, depending on the direction they go with the more than likely second season, maybe we'll see at least one of them again in the near future.

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Also, heads up, there's a Godzilla Singular Point Climax Commemoration event stream being held in roughly 3 days. It'll have appearances from some of the VA's and either the OP or ED group (or both). Although it's highly unlikely, there's also always the small possibility of maybe getting some sort of official announcement for a season 2. Probably not, but we'll see; I figure it's worth mentioning at least

Added in 8 minutes :
KByrd wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Like all the other monsters, Salunga was drawn to the Singular Point. The show hasn't established what any of the monsters actually want to do with the Singular Points, whether to destroy them, consume them, take them, what have you. There were 3 Singular Points in the show (2 confirmed, 1 implied). The Godzilla bones, the thing in the Indian facility, and a third in London.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg