Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by imposterzilla »

Where is it said that Salunga is G's rival?
Last edited by imposterzilla on Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Thinking about Salunga being Godzilla’s rival is...odd lol

Sounds badass though! Really hope we get a big scale Godzilla vs. Salunga fight near the end of the series
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:06 am Where is it said that Salunga is G's rival?
Doesn't say "rival" exactly, but like Godzilla, he's different from the rest of the kaiju.
In the most recent episode, the grey-haired man(BB was the character's name if I recall correctly...?) has a line which goes "I wonder who's the 'real deal', the one trapped beneath us (Salunga) or the one in Tokyo (Godzilla)?", implying that Salunga is somehow special, like Godzilla.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:48 am
imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:06 am Where is it said that Salunga is G's rival?
Doesn't say "rival" exactly, but like Godzilla, he's different from the rest of the kaiju.
In the most recent episode, the grey-haired man(BB was the character's name if I recall correctly...?) has a line which goes "I wonder who's the 'real deal', the one trapped beneath us (Salunga) or the one in Tokyo (Godzilla)?", implying that Salunga is somehow special, like Godzilla.
If you're talking about the interaction between B and (I forget her name, the older lady with the cat pin) at 5:30ish then yeah I can confirm that's roughly what they're saying. I'm assuming you got "real deal" from "ほんめい”. Good catch. However, it seems a bit more speculative on BB's part. Also kinda funny that he refers to Sharanga as "My" or "Our" (我の), which shouldn't mean much but sort of is a good way to show BB's personality.

The lady sort of brushes off BB, and then asks for Sharanga's status. The man at the desk says Sharanga is still stuck inside but will shortly be able to push up and out of the containment. They quickly briefly discuss what to do, and that's when BB suggests that the only thing to do is use the OD. Or something.

Vandarker, I think my japanese is probably slightly under yours, but I'm curious to see or try to figure out anything that comes up, and it's fun to do. In any case, Sharanga is, as of now, treated as a separate entity than Godzilla by BB, who seems to know a lot more than most about what's going on.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Salunga survives the OD?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 am Salunga survives the OD?
I'm rewatching the scene where BB enters the arena with the OD. I'm pretty sure it does/will though. There's a short of Salunga in the trailer where it's escaped into the outside world.

Also, just noticed; BB is humming the Ala Upau theme.

EDIT: FUCK I JUST REALIZED THE SERIES HAS JAPANESE SUBTITLES. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Edit 2: Rewatched the Intro to episode 7, can confirm that Aquatalis chases the Manda into the bay, and then is obscured by red smoke (explicitly smoke). The reporters note that a strange and fierce smoke is suddenly spreading out from the monster, and it's hard to see what's going on, or the entire body of the creature. Next, the reporters say they see something going on in the smoke, but it's hard to say. In any case, it's unclear exactly how or what triggered the Godzilla transformation.

On the plane, Li discusses BB with Mei. She says BB is a big fan of Ashihara (the term "fan" is used which is suspicious, and says because of that she sent him Mei's report.

Then Mei asks about "Anki-Type" (I've seen some people translate it as archetype or prototype). Li shows a schematic of Ankitype.

Check back in a bit for my rough explanation of Ankitype. Basically now that I can read it, it seems that by turning and rotating the fourth dimension, you can see the reflection conversion
(鏡映変換) of the third dimension for what it really is.

Mei then says, "Ah I see. If the molecule can extend out into another dimension, then there's a new symmetry (対称性)

Li sort of makes an interjection(つまり), in order for Mei to simplify what all the mumbo jumbo means.

Mei states, "What we (can) see of Ankitype isn't the complete picture"

Mei then explains it with the jello.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri May 07, 2021 6:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Always room for jello

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

I recently saw a size comparison (A fan made one) on Twitter. Where it showed Anguirus and the other monsters along with the Ultima, don’t know if it’s accurate though.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Denis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 am I recently saw a size comparison (A fan made one) on Twitter. Where it showed Anguirus and the other monsters along with the Ultima, don’t know if it’s accurate though.
Link? I’d really like to see it
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

imposterzilla wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 am Salunga survives the OD?
I'm pretty sure it was still moving the last time we saw it. Not very much since the crystal spikes were pinning it in place, but definitely moving.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Continuing to translate and work on what Mei says to Li on the plane, this Is what Mei says about the Jello and the toothpick:

"For example, if this is us, and our time and space (the jello) and the toothpick (stick) is light, then our space is distorted by a thing from a higher dimension then we can't avoid it. This light would advance and continue right through. But the world would be hit twice by it (this is explained with the jello and the tooth pick, in sense it makes context. Space and time would bend in that moment"

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 am Continuing to translate and work on what Mei says to Li on the plane, this Is what Mei says about the Jello and the toothpick:

"For example, if this is us, and our time and space (the jello) and the toothpick (stick) is light, then our space is distorted by a thing from a higher dimension then we can't avoid it. This light would advance and continue right through. But the world would be hit twice by it (this is explained with the jello and the tooth pick, in sense it makes context. Space and time would bend in that moment"
Christ, no wonder they wanted a science advisor :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:31 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:27 am Continuing to translate and work on what Mei says to Li on the plane, this Is what Mei says about the Jello and the toothpick:

I feel like Mei, when she drops the papers, just when I realized there's Japanese subtitles. Hold on to your pants everyone, I'm uncovering the secrets of ankitype as we speak!

I'm not sure if I've got this right, but then Li says"Ankitype is a material from higher dimensions that can change matter"

I think I've got that, right! I think!

Mei drops this bomb:
半分は別の世界に存在してる物質だなんて”
Or roughly: "half of the other world/reality exists already"

やっぱりあーきタイプってあの世で作ってるんですか?
"Could it be after all Anki-type originates/made that world?"

I'm confused if she's saying Anki-type created the other reality, or the other way around (Anki type originates from the second reality).

In any case, alternate realties hard confirmed. Wonder if it's gonna be Showa era that's the other universe ;)

Added in 10 minutes 43 seconds:
Big Woof, Li gives a title drop:

我々は特異点と呼んでる
We are what they call "the singular point".

特異=is special or unique
点 is point

Singular point.

But it's weird because right after that Mei begins to wonder exactly where the singular point is, and she speculates London. Li doesn't seem to know. Hmm. Right after this the flight is interrupted by the announcement that the plane will stop in Milano.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri May 07, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:45 am

I feel like Mei, when she drops the papers, just when I realized there's Japanese subtitles. Hold on to your pants everyone, I'm uncovering the secrets of ankitype as we speak!

I'm not sure if I've got this right, but then Li says"Ankitype is a material from higher dimensions that can change matter"

I think I've got that, right! I think!

Mei drops this bomb:
半分は別の世界に存在してる物質だなんて”
Or roughly: "half of the other world/reality exists already"

やっぱりあーきタイプってあの世で作ってるんですか?
"Could it be after all Anki-type originates/made that world?"

I'm confused if she's saying Anki-type created the other reality, or the other way around (Anki type originates from the second reality).
"半分は別の世界に存在してる物質だなんて”
She's kinda incredulous that half of the material(the Archetype) exists in another world/reality.

"やっぱりあーきタイプってあの世で作ってるんですか?"
"So Archetype is a material which was indeed made in another world?"

Added in 11 minutes 49 seconds:

It's very intriguing if you understand it. I mean, the Godzilla franchise is no stranger to the sci-fi genre, but SP is really stepping things up here by taking an approach that adheres to scientific consistency. The screenwriter seems to be trying to develop a logical explanation for how Kaiju exist in-universe by introducing hard sci-fi elements, a sort of quasi-hard SF if you will.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 07, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thanks^

Also getting tot he part about the "red dust" or " "(an obscure word by the looks of it that can mean red dust.
Li states that the red dust is Ankitype's raw materials, or "phase one" of Archetype. Mei is surprised too!

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

It's interesting that Mei uses the phrase あの世 to describe the other world/reality because it's usually a phrase used to describe the afterlife.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am It's interesting that Mei uses the phrase あの世 to describe the other world/reality because it's usually a phrase used to describe the afterlife.
https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/あの世

Hmm, yeah. Maybe the world in the past? Just meaning the one that is behind? Hmm, definitely wouldn't be surprised if there's some big shenanigans going on. The big thing is we know where this will go in the monster sense: Godzilla will transform into Ultima, which, as of now, essentially operates like Shin, but then where will all this weird stuff fall into place?

Also, Sato confirms the song/tune is coming from Godzilla's bones. I knew this before, but the reporter guy states that after 80 years it's started to react/respond again. Hey, 80 years from 2030 is in the 1950's :) :Godzilla68:

Kanoko (brunette woman with the soft voice in a business dress), states and describes the plant in India as "a hole to hell". Thought that was interesting.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am Thanks^

Also getting tot he part about the "red dust" or " "(an obscure word by the looks of it that can mean red dust.
Li states that the red dust is Ankitype's raw materials, or "phase one" of Archetype. Mei is surprised too!
Li also says that the kaiju are entirely different lifeforms that live off the Red Dust. Ashihara predicted this, as he discovered some jellyfish specimens that live off the Red Dust.

So Mei asks if the Red Dust-kaiju plague is a natural occurrence. Li responds that she doesn't know as well. The Red Dust was originally found in very specific parts of the world, but it spread across the entire world for unknown reasons.

Mei then asks if there's a way to solve the Red Dust crisis. Li responds that Archetype's 13th phase, the Orthogonal Diagonalizer(which I assume is SP's reinterpretation of the Oxygen Destroyer) acts as a catalyst which transforms other phases of the Archetype, implying that it could stabilize the Red Dust. But reaching the 13th phase was virtually impossible, as they had only just reached the 3rd phase, but that's where Mei's paper comes in. Mei's paper made the development of the OD possible.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 07, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 amLi also says that the kaiju are entirely different lifeforms that live off the Red Dust. Ashihara predicted this, as he discovered some jellyfish specimens that live off the Red Dust.
So, since Li states that the red dust is raw/basic Archetype, I suppose that we can view the red dust the kaiju release as “waste”.

The Manda, have absorbed a lot of archetype and now Godzilla was chasing/chased them. Godzilla’s transformation is triggered by consuming one of the Mandas, presumably they are filled with archetype, similar to how a tuna or fish is filled with Mercury, while also now being on land (based what was prior said about adaptation).

Man, now I’m really excited for the next episode!

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I love that this show can lead to such rampant and fun speculation.