Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

An absolutely stunning Godzilla Ultima model kit someone is working on. Stuff like this really sells me on the design.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

What I want to know is how the inhabitants of a fishing village in the 1850’s managed to kill Godzilla. Did they explain this and I didn’t catch it?

Jan EnciZilla
Ronin

Post by Jan EnciZilla »

Nope. They didn't explain this. Also creatures' origins r not explain.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JesstrK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 am What I want to know is how the inhabitants of a fishing village in the 1850’s managed to kill Godzilla. Did they explain this and I didn’t catch it?
Nah, but I think that's an unnecessary detail to show. I'll check if the guidebook elaborates on anything like that but it isn't necessary.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jan EnciZilla
Ronin

Post by Jan EnciZilla »

thank u so much

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

JesstrK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 am What I want to know is how the inhabitants of a fishing village in the 1850’s managed to kill Godzilla. Did they explain this and I didn’t catch it?

I've been wondering this as well.

Yun says all singular points are one singular point in a higher dimension, and the Basement Bones Godzilla and the Current Godzilla are singular points. I've been assuming the Basement Bones Godzilla was less experienced, and therefore killable in earlier years (or required Red Dust, but didn't have it for some reason, and died like the Rodans).

ALSO: where is the 1850's date referenced? If it's the painting, the painting and the Basement Bones may not be from the same date. I thought there was a statement about Basement Bones Godzilla being killed before the war (presumably WWII), which would make a bit more sense as an earlier, less experienced Godzilla arriving just before WWII would be more easily destroyed than one with 1850's technology.

Edit: Since other people aren't using the spoiler tags, I removed them from this post. I also asked for the date reference.
Last edited by JessIAm on Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

1850 Godzilla was old and SP Goji is young in his prime.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 pm
Wait, what do you mean the same? I'm pretty sure Ultima and the skeleton are two separate individuals. Was there something I missed?
Sorry, late, just saw this now.

So as described in a post a little bit below this one, Singular Points are points where a function crosses itself and in the show's canon, Singular Points warp reality and time around them.

This suggests Godzilla as a Singular Point from another dimension is possible of appearing in our universe more then once and in different ways (perhaps the skeleton is the Red Dust equivalent to Godzilla's OD.) So, instead of two Godzillas, Godzilla arrived and was killed, and his skeleton remains as a trace of one time he entered. Now, in 2030, Godzilla is coming back in a second attempt to breach this reality (even more likely given the implied time loops JJ-PP mention) and the skeleton is both a point securing his return (hence Alapa Ulapa and the skeleton being monitored) and helping guide him perhaps by subtly mutating the world by calling kaiju and warping reality.

On the note of what you mentioned, I also don't think the skeleton is the 1850 individual depicted but an earlier failed attempt for Godzilla and some Rodans to cross over.

Basically, I see this Godzilla as attempting to breach our reality multiple times and this is just his most successful example. Fits Godzilla's steadfeast and determined MMO and his reality warping antics.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:51 am
Nah, but I think that's an unnecessary detail to show. I'll check if the guidebook elaborates on anything like that but it isn't necessary.
Ehhh, seeing how some tiny fishing village in the 1800's took out a literal universal threat that required intense mathematical and multiversal understanding to stop him upon his return, would be quite the necessary detail to show imo.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Hear me out, hear me out-
Dude stabbed him with a spear.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:46 pm Some pics also out there, including this page that appears to detail easter eggs. I'm curious about the Meganulon one down there, as we technically haven't gotten a proper name for the creatures yet (Wikizilla merely calls them "Godzilla Parasites") and I wonder if they give it a name here.
It treats the parasites as part of the whole Easter egg thing, saying it can be "inferred" that they are Meganulon due to how they look, but doesn't outright confirm it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

SP guidebook just arrived, there's a lot. Mothra is confirmed to be called Mothra. Guidebook doesn't have a page on "RoboGodzilla", but it has a page showing the aftermath of SP, and refers to it as "MechaGodzilla".

Manda is 210 Meters Long.
Bugs are 2.8 Meters Long.
Salunga/Shanaga (both names are useable) is 21 Meters Long.
Godzillas beam is referred to as an atomic beam.
Rodan are called Rodan and Rodan2. Black Rodan isn't mentioned, save for showcasing Terestuis's ring ability to which it's just referred to as "Rodan", which makes me believe we will get a Rodan Ultima in the future.

Funnily enough, the guidebook seems to answer and ask more questions. Like it directly states that where the Manda were going or why in Londo is unclear.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Perhaps we need a timeline. Here's what I got for an SP timeline so far:

2030 Events of Godzilla Singular Point

2000 Dr. Li reopens research with the SHIVA computer
  • Dr Li discovers Archetypes and the Orthogonal Diagonalizer
  • Ep: 12 BB mentions Dr Li: 1) reopened research 20 years after Ashihara disappeared in a combinatorial explosion; 2) discovery of Archetypes and Orthogonal Diagonalizer
1980 Ashihara last seen using the SHIVA computer.
  • Ep: 1 Yun mentions "... there was a large scale renovation of the European Mansion 50 years ago after the owner disappeared.
  • Ep: 10 Yun mentions the owner of the European Mansion was Ashihara.
  • Ep: 11 BB mentions SHIVA was first tested by Ashihara 50 years ago, and that Ashihara disappeared.
1970 Ashihara discovers the singular point aka the SHIVA computer
  • Ep: 11 BB mentions the Singular Point below SHIVA was found in the red lake.
<1970 Ashihara discovers Red Dust and Singular Point under Shiva
  • Ashihara discovers jellyfish with traces of Red Dust
  • Ashihara discovers the red lake under SHIVA
  • Ep: 11 BB mentions Ashihara may have been led to the red lake by the song, which may originally have come from the jellyfish or Red Dust.
1945> Sometime after the war
  • Ashihara purchases the Basement Godzilla Bones, and the Misakioku building
  • Ashihara places the bones in the Misakoku basement.
  • Ashihara discovers the song being broadcast from the Basement Godzilla Bones, and repurposes Misakioku to study the broadcast
  • Ep: 10 Sato mentions Misakioku Village, Ashihara, Basement Bones, Radio Signal to the Director of Misakioku over sushi
1941-1945 During chaos of the war
  • The incident where the large creature destroyed the Misakioku Village was forgotten
  • Ep: 10 Sato mentions Misakioku Village, Ashihara, Basement Bones, Radio Signal to the Director of Misakioku over sushi
<1941 Misakioku building built. (Ep: 1 Director mentions building time period to Mei)

<19?? Small fishing village (call it Misakioku Village) located where Misakioku building was later located:
  • Ashihara was born in Misakioku Village
  • Ashihara sees a large creature in the red sea
  • Misakioku Village destroyed by large creature
  • Somehow creature was destroyed, and bones collected and saved
<1871 Whale version of Godzilla, and Tengu Rodan appear in a red tide (presumably with red dust?):
  • Event inspires the painting Mei takes pictures of in the first episode at the bus stop at Nigashio.
  • Somehow creature was destroyed. Remains unaccounted for.
  • Painting includes a Samurai warrior in full armor on a small boat. Samurai were abolished in 1871.
  • Ep: 1 "Gozira" painting examined and commented on by Mei at the bus stop.
Last edited by JessIAm on Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 13 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mothra :Mothra61:

One of the creators favorite Godzilla movies which he's inspired by is Vs. Biollante, which makes sense. He grew up watching the Heisei series when he was in elementary school student. He strangely enough starts talking about watching a lot of recent Godzilla films, from Final Wars, to Shin...to Godzilla vs. Kong and discusses the monster verse.

Mei's design was inspired by Areal from Dr. Slump.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:33 pm Rodan are called Rodan and Rodan2. Black Rodan isn't mentioned, save for showcasing Terestuis's ring ability ...
I thought it that Terrestris' ring attack is a fun callback Godzilla Junior. Although Terrestris certainly is not a cute smaller version of Godzilla!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Interestingly, Godzilla is listed as:
Godzilla Aquatalis Form 0
Godzilla Amphibia Form 1
Godzilla Terrestrials Form 2
Godzilla Ultima Form 3

For whatever reason, the forms start at zero.

Also, the book mentions 5 major fights involving Jet Jaguar.

Jet Jaguar vs. Rodan (Episode 2)
Jet Jaguar vs. Anguirus (Episodes 5 and 6)
Jet Jaguar vs. Kumonga (Episode 9)
Jet Jaguar vs. Rodan (Round 2) (Episode 11)
Jet Jaguar vs. Godzilla (Episode 13)

I find it interesting that the Rodan Round 2 is listed, just because it's a clear curb stomp. It's fascinating to show the development between episode 2 JJ and episode 11 JJ.

Jan EnciZilla
Ronin

Post by Jan EnciZilla »

Well, Sharanga's height is more or less same that i supposed, making a comparison with the indian fortress in one of the last episodes...

(18-25 m)
Last edited by Jan EnciZilla on Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:37 pm Image
Mothra :Mothra61:
I must admit, I wasn't expecting Mothra to actually be called Mothra since she doesn't have a page on the site for some reason. Thank you so much for all of this! Really appreciate it! :D

Another fan on Twitter posted a bunch of pages, too. Confirms the goo in the Kumongas isn't Hedorah, as expected. Also some really, really deep-cut easter eggs, good lord.

https://twitter.com/KyoeiToshi

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:33 pm Salunga/Shanaga (both names are useable) is 21 Meters Long.
That's much smaller than I expected.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

That Mothra is what I wish the Monsterverse design had looked like.
Also my buddy and I were just talking about how much Mei looked like Arale! Neither of us have seen/read Dr. Slump, but he used to whoop all kinds of ass with Arale in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.