Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by Desghidorah »

Would someone mind explaining the whole deal with Sarunga once more? I dunno why but that scene's subtitles keep losing me like some kind of weird mental block.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

vastatosaurus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:21 am I don't buy SP leaks from 4chan. Come one, this is a Japanese Anime. If there is a leak, it is much more likely to appear in the Japanese community 5ch, not 4chan. I believe every insider of SP must be Japanese people.

BTW, this SP end credits easter eggs compilation video is very well made:
https://youtu.be/-P0ziULrDlo

Added in 17 minutes 39 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:55 am Lmao, I might be misunderstanding this, but apparently they were instructed to include minor Kaiju, like Anguirus :lol:
Wow, the mighty, historic Anguirus is now officially categorized to "minor Kaiju" group? LOL
I don’t find it skeptical tbh. They got the Varan thing right. It does seem like the Archetype is going to have some connection with the Kaijus.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Denis wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am I don’t find it skeptical tbh. They got the Varan thing right. It does seem like the Archetype is going to have some connection with the Kaijus.
In the OP (In Case by BiSH) there is a frame with the silhouette of Varan with Godzilla dorsal fins on the back. Not very hard to put two and two together :lol:

The video was released a month before the 4Chan post was made, too
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 11, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I do believe Sarunga is the final boss so to speak.

Ultramorph
Ronin

Post by Ultramorph »

So Japanese Netflix now has English subtitles! Watching the whole series from the top!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Ultramorph wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:31 pm So Japanese Netflix now has English subtitles! Watching the whole series from the top!
Yesss about time. Thanks!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Am I the only one who's getting weird vibes from Tilda? The old woman with her creepy dark eyes? Maybe Yogdrah is controlling her and plans to use Salunga or maybe they are all Salunga's minions?

Alot of allusions to Salunga and the presence of Shiva do scream a creation/destruction dichotomy
Last edited by imposterzilla on Tue May 11, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:44 pm Am I the only one who's getting weird vibes from BB(?) The old woman with her creepy dark eyes? Maybe Yogdrah is controlling her and plans to use Salunga or maybe they are all Salunga's minions?

Alot of allusions to Salunga and the presence of Shiva do scream a creation/destruction dichotomy
BB is the man who quotes stuff, the woman is Tilda Mira.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Fixed but question still stands

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think she like BB is a former member of the shiva consortium. I’ll rewatch the entire series so far with subtitles today now that they’re out.

Now I’m conflicted though, I was enjoying sort or listening and getting Japanese practice. I also wonder if episode 8 will automatically have subs. Oh well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

As if hearing King Caesar roar as Aquatilis wasn't enough I practically had a fangasm when I saw Aquatilis evolve into Amphibia. Pure Varan worship! So far this series is hitting the ball out of the park in the creativity department. I would have never thought I would see Godzilla evolve like Shin again much less in a way that stands completely separate from Shin and not being a cheap knock off. Varanzilla is one hell of a surprise and a welcome one at that! I was enjoying the series from episode one but seeing 7 has made me more hyped than ever to see this until the end!

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

Considering the weird dimensional rotation properties with that flower in the cube turning in a different direction than the cube being turned: what if that isn't a godzilla corpse...but a Godzilla not fully manifested, with only the skeleton projecting into reality?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Just finished watching it subbed. Now i know basically just as much as before. :lol:
Hi!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Thai title of SP is rather on the nose: "Godzilla: Genesis of the Apocalypse" or something or other.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:32 pm Just finished watching it subbed. Now i know basically just as much as before. :lol:
I just finished the first episode subbed. I understood the gist of everything before, but now I get some of the relations between the characters a bit better. I get now that Yun is definitely intentionally anti-social and the entire Ootaki crew is a bunch of weirdos. I love them!

The first episode also confirms the place under the abandoned district hall was originally some strange military site and doesn't exist. The alarm started transmitting, and we know it's hooked into Godzilla.

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:40 pm Thai title of SP is rather on the nose: "Godzilla: Genesis of the Apocalypse" or something or other.
Episode 1 opens on a large amount of dialogue implying these events have already happened or are happening. It's interesting.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue May 11, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Timey wimey eh, lsd?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:04 pm Timey wimey eh, lsd?
"In other words, the photons there, are photons from the future!"

Yeah, I'm on episode 4 now. I will say my appreciation of marathoning it has made appreciate the series a lot more. It's well paced.

Episode 4 and 5 hint at the Angurius we see in the show being a baby. Presumably that means there is a larger bigger adult out there somewhere!

In episode 7, Li discusses that Ashihara discovered a rare type of jellyfish that can consume archetype/produce archetype/red dust. This makes me think that Hedorah is that Jellyfish! Watch it be called Hitodah or something lmao.

Yeah, looks like Sarunga is still 100% alive. BB states the OD failed.

Finished rewatching the episodes all in one sitting. The series is great and works week to week and just sitting down. I can't wait for episode 8. Anyone want to make any predictions?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I think my favorite character so far is Barbell. Just seems like a cool dude and I find a lot of his lines pretty funny, especially watching with proper subs now.

Seems like Mai is invoking Plato's Theory of Forms in her studies. I wonder if that is relevant to the greater concept.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm I think my favorite character so far is Barbell. Just seems like a cool dude and I find a lot of his lines pretty funny, especially watching with proper subs now.
It's Habel. Barbell was his nickname, in high school.

I'm stuck on a favorite. I like BB a lot; he's intimidating but well meaning. I don't love them individually, but I like all the small interactions between Pelops 2 and Mei.
Ootaki is a champ, and Satomi is cute all around. Yun definitely has something more going on.

Shadowgigan (and anyone else) What are your predictions and wants for episode 8?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:19 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm I think my favorite character so far is Barbell. Just seems like a cool dude and I find a lot of his lines pretty funny, especially watching with proper subs now.
It's Habel. Barbell was his nickname, in high school.

I'm stuck on a favorite. I like BB a lot; he's intimidating but well meaning. I don't love them individually, but I like all the small interactions between Pelops 2 and Mei.
Ootaki is a champ, and Satomi is cute all around. Yun definitely has something more going on.

Shadowgigan (and anyone else) What are your predictions and wants for episode 8?
I honestly have no idea what will happen. Lol I want to see Ultima, but if there is one thing I can predict, is that we are not getting that this episode. I'm kind of into the mystery/science/philosophical aspect of it, so with proper subs, I'm intersting to see what will be revealed plot wise.

I also love Ootaki lol. So awesome, such a crazy guy.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.