Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 pm So the soundtrack should be out now. It said July 21st and Japan is a day ahead.
One suite has been uploaded but I'm still waiting for someone to upload the whole thing in a playlist. I really want the full version of that trailer theme. Here's the Godzilla suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qh0lDKCMkA

EDIT: Lo and behold I scroll down a bit and here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Aw5RNJtwMB

So far it's a phenomenal score, and I'm confident in saying Kan Sawada has captured the Showa Ifukube style I think almost better than any other composer while also bringing something very fresh and new to the table. Beautiful Godzilla score.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:15 pm Kan Sawada has captured the Showa Ifukube style I think almost better than any other composer
Well, he was mentored by Ifukube himself so that's not too suprising.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm
DirektorSplennic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:15 pm Kan Sawada has captured the Showa Ifukube style I think almost better than any other composer
Yo I didn't know that! That's so cool and makes perfect sense. Is there a source for it? I'd like to learn more about Sawada.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:26 pm
Not Ifukube directly, but an assistant to Ifukube (composer Sei Ikeno). It's not much, but two articles talking about Sawada:
https://virtualgorillaplus.com/music/godzilla-sp-songs/
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2173734/full/
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Watched it with my girlfriend and we both loved it! Definitely one of my top 3 favorite anime now. I greatly enjoyed it from start to finish and I'm super excited for the inevitable season 2. Haberu and Ootaki were my favorite characters with Mei and Yun close beyond. I also loved Pelops (my GF's fave) and BB. Out of the Kaiju Godzilla was obviously my favorite but I also really enjoyed Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, and Salunga (weird he wasn't just called Gabara). The story was excellent and the techno babble didn't really bother me, excited to see where things go from here. Also the music was top notch! Couldn't agree more about Sawada capturing the Showa Ifukube style incredibly well.

It wasn't perfect but most of my issues with it were minor gripes. I wasn't a huge fan of the evolving Godzilla concept here, Shin did it better. I also would have liked to see more Kaiju action and longer fight scenes but what we got was great. Hopefully season two tones down the techno babble some and has more giant monster action.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I watched the first episode. I love it, just like the last anime series! I wonder what monster (fossil?) that was at the end of the first episode. I can't wait to find out!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So considering what Singular points are and Godzilla being one could Ultima actually fight Void Ghidorah unlike Godzilla Earth?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 pm So considering what Singular points are and Godzilla being one could Ultima actually fight Void Ghidorah unlike Godzilla Earth?
Do you think that Void Ghidorah will actually show up in the show since he’s a trans-dimensional being?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 pm So considering what Singular points are and Godzilla being one could Ultima actually fight Void Ghidorah unlike Godzilla Earth?
Do you think that Void Ghidorah will actually show up in the show since he’s a trans-dimensional being?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:28 am
You know using the same Ghidorah due to his origin is actually a pretty cool idea LegendZilla. You should pass that around.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Hiromi Ogashira from Shin Godzilla makes a brief cameo in episode 11
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Do you think we'll get a Bluray release? Normally I'd say no as the trilogy didn't get one but I believe the Castlevania anime is a "Netflix original" and it's on Bluray.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:42 am Do you think we'll get a Bluray release? Normally I'd say no as the trilogy didn't get one but I believe the Castlevania anime is a "Netflix original" and it's on Bluray.
In japan there’s a blu-day release, but it’s needlessly expensive and divided along four discs/volumes.

I honestly think that makes it less likely to have a physical release, at least for now. Unfortunately they probably won’t release a Blu-ray in America, just because they don’t want Japanese fans to then import it. Castlevania is different because it’s not a “real anime” and is solely attached to Netflix.

I’d love to be wrong.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 am
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:42 am Do you think we'll get a Bluray release? Normally I'd say no as the trilogy didn't get one but I believe the Castlevania anime is a "Netflix original" and it's on Bluray.
In japan there’s a blu-day release, but it’s needlessly expensive and divided along four discs/volumes.

I honestly think that makes it less likely to have a physical release, at least for now. Unfortunately they probably won’t release a Blu-ray in America, just because they don’t want Japanese fans to then import it. Castlevania is different because it’s not a “real anime” and is solely attached to Netflix.

I’d love to be wrong.
Four? I thought it was three volumes. I've been mulling over whether I want to import them or not. Three was bad enough, four is almost certainly a deal breaker.

But, yeah, I doubt that State-side will get even a barebones DVD release. There just isn't the market for physical media to most, Netflix is notoriously unwilling to release them to bolster their streaming (though they seem to be slightly more willing of late), and Godzilla is still just a niche within a niche in America. Perfect storm for "ain't gonna happen, cap'n."
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I’ve come to an epiphany. I found the common link between the Toho Reiwa works that I really don’t like.

It’s the wordiness.

Shin Godzilla is incredibly wordy about politics, the anime trilogy is wordy with philosophy and singular point is wordy about physics. I’m not a fan of any of these, but I like shin the most of the three because it’s talk actually is connected to Godzilla directly and doesn’t feel like it’s sidelining the kaiju like the anime series’.

IMO right now I’m Shin > SP > Anime trilogy
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I agree with that, except that I think Shin is one of the best Godzilla movies. I don't think it's verbose; there may be a lot of dialogue, definitely, but IMO it suits the story and complements the film's style.

However, I also understand that it does turn off some fans (and why it would do that), and I'll also say that it's one thing that keeps me from going back to the movie more often. Shin Godzilla is a commitment -- a worthwhile one, but it's not always as accessible as most other Godzilla flicks because of that.

I also agree that the anime properties were aiming for the same style (or close approximations), but neither hit the mark. Furthermore, it's a detriment to both that they had so much more runtime to fill while taking the same approach.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Terasawa wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 pm I agree with that, except that I think Shin is one of the best Godzilla movies. I don't think it's verbose; there may be a lot of dialogue, definitely, but IMO it suits the story and complements the film's style.
As a political procedural, a dialogue-heavy approach is almost unavoidable. I think the movie does a good job of believably depicting the minutia of dealing with such a threat, while also leaving plenty of details to the viewer's imagination.
Shin Godzilla is a commitment -- a worthwhile one, but it's not always as accessible as most other Godzilla flicks because of that.
Facts.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

The difference between Shins pseudo science and Singular Points is Shins actually made sense and could understand what they were going for. SP, even when they’re explaining it, is extremely difficult to understand.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I have a question: does anyone know where I can find lyrics for the chorus bits in Godzilla's theme from SP?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.