Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:37 pm Image
Mothra :Mothra61:
It's like MonsterVerse Mothra, but actually not off putting in some areas.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What does MG's page look like?

EDIT: Oof, didn't read LSDJ's post fully
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Yo, LSDJ or anyone who has the book, can we get photos/scans of Kumonga's and MG's pages?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:51 am
JesstrK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 am What I want to know is how the inhabitants of a fishing village in the 1850’s managed to kill Godzilla. Did they explain this and I didn’t catch it?
Nah, but I think that's an unnecessary detail to show. I'll check if the guidebook elaborates on anything like that but it isn't necessary.
Ehhh, seeing how some tiny fishing village in the 1800's took out a literal universal threat that required intense mathematical and multiversal understanding to stop him upon his return, would be quite the necessary detail to show imo.
Where are we getting the 1800's dates from?
I did a timeline of events from dates and time periods mentioned by characters here : viewtopic.php?p=1846157#p1846157

Ashihara disappeared using Shiva in 1980 (50 years before events of Singular Point, which occurs in 2030). If something happened in 1850, and Ashihara saw it, he would have to be 130 years old when using the Shiva singular point computer. His pictures show him as 30/40 ish when researching the jellyfish (which occurs before 1970, but after 1945).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:01 pm Yo, LSDJ or anyone who has the book, can we get photos/scans of Kumonga's and MG's pages?
I apologize in advance, as I don't have readily available access to a scanner.

Kumonga:
The rest of the bugs:

"Rodan 2":
There's some interesting stuff about Rodan and the swarm.

Also here's MG. MG does not have a proper page devoted to it, but rather a small section discussing it at the end of the synopsis of the final episode. I know Robozilla has been a name used to describe it, and it wouldn't surprise me if the series uses that name, but it is pretty clear it's MG. The blurb discusses how it looks like and brings to mind MG, and then references 1974.

Added in 13 minutes 34 seconds:
Jan EnciZilla wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am Well, Sharanga's height is more or less same that i supposed, making a comparison with the indian fortress in one of the last episodes...

(18-25 m)
Keep in mind that the bios I think are talking about length, not width. They say "全身” for the length which is like entire body. The book used 210 meters to describe Manda, and it's pretty obvious that's not standing Height.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:01 pm Yo, LSDJ or anyone who has the book, can we get photos/scans of Kumonga's and MG's pages?
I apologize in advance, as I don't have readily available access to a scanner.

Kumonga:
The rest of the bugs:

"Rodan 2":
There's some interesting stuff about Rodan and the swarm.

Also here's MG. MG does not have a proper page devoted to it, but rather a small section discussing it at the end of the synopsis of the final episode. I know Robozilla has been a name used to describe it, and it wouldn't surprise me if the series uses that name, but it is pretty clear it's MG. The blurb discusses how it looks like and brings to mind MG, and then references 1974.

Added in 13 minutes 34 seconds:
Jan EnciZilla wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am Well, Sharanga's height is more or less same that i supposed, making a comparison with the indian fortress in one of the last episodes...

(18-25 m)
Keep in mind that the bios I think are talking about length, not width. They say "全身” for the length which is like entire body. The book used 210 meters to describe Manda, and it's pretty obvious that's not standing Height.
NW. Does the book elaborate on where the Kumonga came from?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Size Chart Comparison of Jet Jaguar Beta, the characters and Rodan 2:

Concept art of a more Centipedy-Manda vs Godzilla:

Above it is an article discussing how they wanted to do a lot with CG animation because they didn't need physical suits. While I applaud the effort, personally I don't think they really got that across too much with the "Godzilla vs. Manda" sequence, and it could have been longer.

Something explaining the strange bends in the light posts:

Added in 8 minutes 10 seconds:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:04 pm
Manda's corpse apparently. Frustratingly enough there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation beyond that. It's like "They came out of the Manda and headed towards the Marina to make a nest".
While they don't really showcase it in the show, they also can spit thread from their mouth, and act like regular spiders do. While it's a different take on the OG Kumonga, looking at this it's hard to really be bothered by this. Btw, it seems like Zenbunga is kind of the final form.

Added in 12 minutes 24 seconds:
So I found a mention of the Big Rodan in the book (it's not discussed in the Rodan section):
The guidebook refers to it as "One Body Big Black Rodan". Mind you, that's not a name, and it refers to it again as Rodan.

"1体の黒く大きなラドン"
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jan EnciZilla
Ronin

Post by Jan EnciZilla »

So good

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:27 pm
Manda's corpse apparently. Frustratingly enough there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation beyond that. It's like "They came out of the Manda and headed towards the Marina to make a nest".
While they don't really showcase it in the show, they also can spit thread from their mouth, and act like regular spiders do. While it's a different take on the OG Kumonga, looking at this it's hard to really be bothered by this. Btw, it seems like Zenbunga is kind of the final form.

"1体の黒く大きなラドン"
The Kumanga could have been parasites on the Manda, that grew larger once they left Manda (presumably involving Red Dust?).

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Edit: nevermind

Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:
JessIAm wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:06 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:27 pm

"1体の黒く大きなラドン"
The Kumanga could have been parasites on the Manda, that grew larger once they left Manda (presumably involving Red Dust?).

This makes sense with that line about "sea louses" eating Manda.

Also, rewatching the Netflix subs (apologies if I said this before), but it's interesting that with the exception of Anguirus, every kaiju in the series comes from Red Dust infected red water.....
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:07 pm with the exception of Anguirus, every kaiju in the series comes from Red Dust infected red water.....
I think you're forgetting the living pin cushion here.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:31 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:07 pm with the exception of Anguirus, every kaiju in the series comes from Red Dust infected red water.....
I think you're forgetting the living pin cushion here.
Salunga emerged from the cave which is filled with red water and SHIVA confirms is connected to a red lake
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, but I'm half-minded to think is a reference is the quote the show pulls from the Bhagavad Gita is the same line Oppenheimer famously quoted regarding his role in the creation of nuclear weaponry. While it does seem like a clear reference initially, it is also probably the most famous and cliched line from the work (which itself is apart of a larger epic) so who knows?

Edit: Now that I've actually thought about it, there is no way it can't be a reference. Its a clear parallel to the context Oppenheimer was using. I'm just curious about any further allusions with this reference though, considering Vishnu is the one Oppenheimer is quoting, and Sharanga is his bow. Perhaps its just a surface level reference, perhaps not.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Would someone be willing to please make a close image of the dots on the Mecha Godzilla displays from the book? This may be an ASCII or unicode message in disguise!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JessIAm wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:26 pm Would someone be willing to please make a close image of the dots on the Mecha Godzilla displays from the book? This may be an ASCII or unicode message in disguise!
People already decoded it. You'd have to look a few pages back in this thread, but a japanese user on twitter already decoded it. It was about the "black hole company" starting building it in 1974, as well as the word "robo-godzilla".

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

The attention to detail in S.P. is so great it’s damn near mind boggling.

It was pointed out to me by a Japanese fan that the theme of information from the past informing the future, and vice versa, was referenced and making waves much earlier in the series, particularly with the whistling arrow scene.

The young archer uses whistling arrows to distract Rodan. The old mural shows arrows being used against Rodan as well. Samurai would often use whistling arrows as signal for a challenge.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:07 pm The young archer uses whistling arrows to distract Rodan. The old mural shows arrows being used against Rodan as well. Samurai would often use whistling arrows as signal for a challenge.
That is so cool! I loved that scene!

So, are there any parallels between the Samurai in the painting and Jet Jaguar?

Are there any English translations available of the Japanese text on the painting?

Added in 5 minutes 31 seconds:
Was there anything in the book about Kanoko and Sato, and what organization they were working for? I never figured that out!

Added in 26 minutes 56 seconds:
cloverfan98 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:42 pm
imposterzilla wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:26 pm Problem is most of it isn't pseudoscience but real quantum.mechanical screwballery....they even hired a science consultant. Not trying to fire any shots at anyone, but maybe those people who hate the "technobabble" fail to grasp it. Which to be fair, quantum physics all sounds like technobabble.
I appreciate the science and I know they hired a consultant but my problem is that none of that scientific approach to the writing was used to address what sold the show specifically Godzilla and the other Kaiju. Its like being sold a show about oil painting and receiving a cooking show instead. You can argue that both cooking and painting are an artform and sure you'd be right but that's not what you sold me on. A Godzilla show where they hired real world biologists, nuclear scientists, and other people from other related fields of study to actually address if Godzilla and other kaiju could exist in our world sounds like a dream come true and I'd love to see it and I thought this show would be that. Instead all of that care in the writing was used on quantum mechanics.
The "quantum mechanics", aka the archetypes and their multidimensional nature, are what allow the kaiju in Godzilla Singular Point. By having more than 3 dimensions for the archetype chemicals to interact with, you can get the ridiculous energy needed to allow an animal larger than an elephant (which is the largest modern animal our physical world allows). Physiologically, Godzilla in Singular Point can exist because the archetypes (aka Red Dust and other phases of archetypes) allow chemical reactions needed for the big G's muscles, bones, nerves etc... to function.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Try watching Godzilla Vs Megalon and looking at Jet Jaguar the same way again after this.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:51 pm Try watching Godzilla Vs Megalon and looking at Jet Jaguar the same way again after this.
Always thought Jet Jaguar was a badass. Absolutely nothings changed. :)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

So the soundtrack should be out now. It said July 21st and Japan is a day ahead.