Curious Case in between Millennium and Reiwa Eras

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Curious Case in between Millennium and Reiwa Eras

Post by imposterzilla »

So this is going to be a weird tidbit. So there have been some reliable sources that have said before Shin was a concrete idea there were nearly a dozen ideas tossed around for a new film. Makes sense since after 20 years we got more stuff of what other ideas were floating around for Godzilla vs Destroyah. So ideas for early Shin even had our friend the devilfish. I have some prop and other people in the biz as my sources. But, here's something rather interesting.

In 2009 while the 3D to the Max story was thrown around, a source on the nearly dead as of now, Monster Island News forums, said something interesting. Before I get into this, let me vouch for him. I struck up conversation with him due to our shared love of the Cthulhu Mythos and he was a generally nice guy. He, before Godzilla X MG came out, described the battle between G and the Maser tanks, right down to the lightening show prior to the credits months before the film came out. Plus he knew of the dead Kameba months before the the film came out and that the carcass was revealed. He DID NOT work for Toho! He had sources on the inside, but he himself was an American that did work in the spfx field in Japan and most likely networked.

With this being said, he had seen storyboards and prior to Final Wars thought Zilla initially was a scrawny Gorosaurus and a 4 limbed King Ghidorah was in it. But in 2009, he was leaving the community and going "home". Never heard of him since, but he claimed there were storyboards being thrown around for either a movie, a ride, or something. It showed a strangely Showa/Heisei looking G with Rodan and what was most likely Hedorah. Also an island that's beach was covered in sludge but possibly not Hedorah's, but a more organic/quasi amniotic fluid. Also an egg, but other than that, nothing.

I was thinking of this the other day, wondering what alternatives we could have seen besides Shin. So there yall go.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Curious Case in between Millennium and Reiwa Eras

Post by Gigantis »

That "going home" thing sounds.. well i don't wanna come to grim conclusions but it sounds pretty bad to me.

Maybe those storyboards were just really early Final Wars concept arts idk.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Actually he wanted to go back to Ohio. Go figure? And Final Wars storyboards? Nope, this was in 2009 and he would have known. He said there was some rumbling at Toho, but said that he didn't know what to make of it. He just was made aware of something going on. He also noted a new ( at that time)Godzilla pachinko game was planned and well that did happen. He has vanished from the fandom or exists under a new name.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Unfortunately I have to highly doubt and throw cold water onto this story. As someone who has done this before, it's really easy to claim to be an American or English Speaker in Japan and claim to suddenly have easy secretive knowledge about the franchise. Funnily enough, there's actual more content that's more interesting to scan through that is hidden in plain site, like all the widely published scripts and what could've been in japanese that are published by Toho. Or the manga compilations I've found that no one has really taken the time to upload or translate.

Despite what I just said, it's not impossible by any means, and it could be a real story. But the other thing to consider is the pachinko games and rides that have used newly shot footage that never existed. Out of content, this new footage might seem like a new movie or some sort of idea. I actually remember being tricked myself, when I saw the footage of the Heisei Rodan and Heisei Mothra fighting Godzilla.

I don't doubt that Toho is perpetually coming up with ideas, and the majority of them don't see the light of day. It's sort of a recent fad where we now know the what could have beens or unknowns.

Still fun to think of though!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Well he was spot on many times before, so there is that. Some people wrote him off, but during the two MechaG films he knew his stuff, but he didn't work for Toho was what was interesting. Though I am thinking there was a period before Shin came about that they were brainstorming things and doing some creative dialogue.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:33 pm Despite what I just said, it's not impossible by any means, and it could be a real story. But the other thing to consider is the pachinko games and rides that have used newly shot footage that never existed. Out of content, this new footage might seem like a new movie or some sort of idea. I actually remember being tricked myself, when I saw the footage of the Heisei Rodan and Heisei Mothra fighting Godzilla.
Speaking of, since I will never find myself playing pachinko in Japan, is there anywhere online to watch that footage in the entirety?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Youtube you can find pieces, but not sure of its entirety.