Godzilla: Singular Point Non-Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: New Anime Movie? Godzilla: Singular Point

Post by BlankAccount »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Cookson wrote:Can we change the name of this thread? The “?” is goofy at this point and it’s not even a “anime movie”.

Something like.. Godzilla: Singular Point - New Anime series at Netflix
The "?" was because it was unconfirmed when I posted it, so it seemed most appropriate. :lol:
You can edit the title by going to your first post and hitting the edit button. Hope that helps in the future.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Singular Point - Netflix Anime Series

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to speculate as to just what the “Singular Point” in the title is an indication of?

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

As I understand it, it's synonymous with "singularity," which can mean a variety of things in various mathematical/scientific contexts
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:As I understand it, it's synonymous with "singularity," which can mean a variety of things in various mathematical/scientific contexts
Godzilla's gonna fight a black hole boys.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:As I understand it, it's synonymous with "singularity," which can mean a variety of things in various mathematical/scientific contexts
Wouldn't be the first time.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SG-17 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time.
Nor the first monster. Spacegodzilla anyone?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Same hahaha, I think it could be just the right amount of: "wtf that was great" if used right. Like King Kong's lighting powers.
I want this to come back, but only for the new memes it will spawn. "Silence, brand!" and the like. :lol:
The right amount of absurdity is always a good thing!
LegendZilla wrote:Anyone care to speculate as to just what the “Singular Point” in the title is an indication of?
It'll be 25 episodes of Godzilla helping kids with math.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Anyone care to speculate as to just what the “Singular Point” in the title is an indication of?
It'll be 25 episodes of Godzilla helping kids with math.
Wait a minute, he already did that.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It'll be 25 episodes of Godzilla helping kids with math.
[youtube]**art**[/youtube] **more art**[/youtube]
:applause: If I could use my mod-jitsu to give you a medal, I would. So here's a :tk: :cookie:
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:It'll be 25 episodes of Godzilla helping kids with math.
[youtube]**art**[/youtube] **more art**[/youtube]
:applause: If I could use my mod-jitsu to give you a medal, I would. So here's a :tk: :cookie:
Thank you thank you, I'm here all evening. *munches happily*

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Toku Legion on Facebook has new leaked photos!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

... So, is nobody going to talk about the poster and screenshots that were released? I know this site has some stupid ass rules against posting leaks and I haven't seen these on any official channels yet, so I won't post them myself. But they're literally everywhere now and have been all day; frankly this is the only site that isn't talking about them.

As previously guessed, it looks like Godzilla will be 3D after all. Hope it gels well with the 2D characters and everything else; I will say that the foggy shot of Godzilla's head looks like it's from a completely different project from the character shots, but I won't judge based on an admittedly poor image. His fangs looks to be quite prominent, too - not that you can make out much else.

And we narrowed down our main protagonists! In retrospect I guess it makes sense that it'd be the two who were in the center of the group shot, lol. They look fun; frankly, it's nice to have a couple characters again who don't look like military/bureaucrats or "experts", really - just some civilians, I'd guess.

I like the emphasis on the characters front and center of the poster; I hope this project is rather character-driven and makes its protagonists memorable. I also like that it's nice and colorful instead of trying to look real bleak or something. Still hoping for a more "fun" series instead of the likes of the anime films.

Looks good so far, even though there isn't much to base that on just yet. Next week should be fun though!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'm so damn happy the characters are actually 2D. Totally fine with a 3D Godzilla; SSSS.GRIDMAN did a great job meshing the two, and I have fairly high hopes it'll be pulled off just as well here given the talent behind it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Just saw it! Looks incredible. Really getting a sense of menace.

One person said the sihlouette on Godzilla's face looks like Ghidorah but i don't see it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Just from seeing two of the human characters, I'm already in love with their designs. They both exude a lot of character and personality just from their physical designs alone, without it being too much. And, Godzilla... I like the snake jaw thing he's apparently got going on, and the spiked crest along his head, and the dorsal fins. Really cool looking poster.

EDIT: Someone on Twitter also said that they're getting some Showa vibes from the poster, and few images released alongside it, which I can kind of see. It's not really describable, but I do get a sense (as much as I can really from a handful of pictures), of such from them, which is cool.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Looks like the new Godzilla might have bladed back spines after all. Always wanted to see that on an official Godzilla.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I may get in trouble... but here it is for those who haven't seen it.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Dig it. Really dig it.

2021!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

There's several characters that wear those red, white, and blue uniforms(?). Kinda curious to know what they represents. An anti-kaiju team, a rapid response team, and disaster cleanup crew? Actually a clean up crew would be pretty interesting.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SPGoji looks like his mouth opens wide.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image