Original Monsters in World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Original Monsters in World of Godzilla

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote:Y'know, if we're going for monster based on inaminate objects, why not just have a lava monster that this franchise strangely has yet to put to film?
Obsidius says hi.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Gigantis wrote:Y'know, if we're going for monster based on inaminate objects, why not just have a lava monster that this franchise strangely has yet to put to film?
Kumasogami did a pretty good job of it in Yamato Takeru, so that could be fun to see integrated in a Godzilla monster.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote:
Obsidius says hi.
Think you missed the part where i said "into film".
GigaBowserG wrote:
Kumasogami did a pretty good job of it in Yamato Takeru, so that could be fun to see integrated in a Godzilla monster.
Oh YES. I would love to have Kumasogami come back. Imagine him turning his arms into weapons like swords and spears to kill monsters with!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

• Kids' hatred for homework streams into space and forms a monster.
  • A monster that represents too-strict mothers.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote:
imposterzilla wrote:Have a mutant frog ala the H man.
I don't think the H-Man was a frog. :?
He means the Liquid Toad from the film, which was a normal-sized toad that was made into a liquid version of itself similar to the H-Men, even down to having the same ability to dissolve living things (as it did when a living toad was put into its enclosure and the Liquid Toad attacked and dissolved it).

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

mikelcho wrote:
Gigantis wrote:
imposterzilla wrote:Have a mutant frog ala the H man.
He means the Liquid Toad from the film, which was a normal-sized toad that was made into a liquid version of itself similar to the H-Men, even down to having the same ability to dissolve living things (as it did when a living toad was put into its enclosure and the Liquid Toad attacked and dissolved it).
OH. Okay i haven't watched H-Man so i didn't know that. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote:
mikelcho wrote:
Gigantis wrote:
OH. Okay i haven't watched H-Man so i didn't know that. :lol:
If you'd like to know more about it, there's a listing of it in the Showa section of the Monsters section of this forum.

In fact, in six separate issues of G-Fan (I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, though), there was a very excellent series of fan fiction stories called The War Against the Wild Gods by George Thomas. The series is also on fanfiction.net at the very back of the Godzilla section of the Movies section (go to pg. 48 (the last page of the section) and work your way backwards) under the name Eavesdropper. They were:

*Book 1: Godzilla vs. Varan,
*Book 2: Godzilla vs. Yog,
*Book 3: Godzilla vs. Dogora,
*Book 4: Godzilla vs. Starman,
*Book 5: Godzilla vs. the H-Man,
*Book 6: Godzilla vs. Manda.

The first book in the series was based on the American dubbed version of Varan (i.e., Varan the Unbelievable) and all of them are continuations of their various films, just involving Godzilla this time around.

Now for my main point here. In the fifth book, another H-Man was created and somehow enlarged so he could fight Godzilla.

It is an excellent series and I highly recommend it. Believe me when I say you will not find a dull page in it.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KaijuDude810
Yojimbo

Post by KaijuDude810 »

With all the plant kaiju talk, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Midorah. I’d love to see Midorah and that Hedorah vs. Midorah film proposal to come to fruition.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

A mutant sea slug, those things are pretty weird and would make for a interesting kaiju.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

KaijuDude810 wrote:With all the plant kaiju talk, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Midorah. I’d love to see Midorah and that Hedorah vs. Midorah film proposal to come to fruition.
I've made no secret how I hate Hedorah, but if anything could get me to want that dirty rug monster back it'd be seeing him fight that odd cartoon plant monster Midorah. I'd definitely pay to see that.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Vakanai wrote:
KaijuDude810 wrote:With all the plant kaiju talk, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Midorah. I’d love to see Midorah and that Hedorah vs. Midorah film proposal to come to fruition.
I've made no secret how I hate Hedorah, but if anything could get me to want that dirty rug monster back it'd be seeing him fight that odd cartoon plant monster Midorah. I'd definitely pay to see that.
Can i ask why you don't like Hedorah? What could they do with the creature in the Reiwa series for you to like him?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

mikelcho wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Vakanai wrote:How about another plant kaiju, but different from Biollante?
What did you have in mind?

It's difficult for me to imagine another plant kaiju. Unless it's a vine that takes over the monster's brains and bodies.
That sounds like something very similar to the Vampire Plant in Mothra, or those vines in an Ultraman episode that were called Strangler Vines in the dubbed version (did they have a proper name in the Japanese version of the TV series? If so, I can't remember it).
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, they're called Suflan.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
mikelcho wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: What did you have in mind?

It's difficult for me to imagine another plant kaiju. Unless it's a vine that takes over the monster's brains and bodies.
That sounds like something very similar to the Vampire Plant in Mothra, or those vines in an Ultraman episode that were called Strangler Vines in the dubbed version (did they have a proper name in the Japanese version of the TV series? If so, I can't remember it).
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, they're called Suflan.
Thanks! I think you're right - they were the vines that moved all around and made a strange noise.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can we get a Ceratopsian kaiju?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

How is this for an idea : In the past we've had a Monster Zero and Monster X right? So why not... Monster Alpha? What do you think such a kaiju should be like?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote:How is this for an idea : In the past we've had a Monster Zero and Monster X right? So why not... Monster Alpha? What do you think such a kaiju should be like?
Sounds like the odd one out of a group and honestly having another monster that's just "Monster insert cool phrase here" would suck.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Vakanai wrote:
Can i ask why you don't like Hedorah? What could they do with the creature in the Reiwa series for you to like him?
My problem is that to me he's always kind of looked like a dirty rug with eyes. Dirty, mildewy bathroom rug that grew eyes and decided that it was going to be a kaiju.

Even for a pollution monster dirty rug is a lame design.

KaijuDude810
Yojimbo

Post by KaijuDude810 »

Vakanai wrote:
Vakanai wrote: I've made no secret how I hate Hedorah, but if anything could get me to want that dirty rug monster back it'd be seeing him fight that odd cartoon plant monster Midorah. I'd definitely pay to see that.
My problem is that to me he's always kind of looked like a dirty rug with eyes. Dirty, mildewy bathroom rug that grew eyes and decided that it was going to be a kaiju.

I’m pretty sure they were going for more of a goopy mass of sludge design, but that’s kind of hard to translate into a solid suit. Iirc Tsuburaya had passed away right before this film, so that probably didn’t help things. Considering the circumstances, I think that they did a really good job with Hedorah. I like that his final form “glistens” as a nod to his cosmic origin.

If Hedorah were to be done with today’s technology, there’s no doubt that he’d look phenomenal.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Why not have a kaiju who can waterbend? Godzilla likes to swim so much? Too bad, this guy can turn the entire sea on him!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

KaijuDude810 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Can i ask why you don't like Hedorah? What could they do with the creature in the Reiwa series for you to like him?

I’m pretty sure they were going for more of a goopy mass of sludge design, but that’s kind of hard to translate into a solid suit. Iirc Tsuburaya had passed away right before this film, so that probably didn’t help things. Considering the circumstances, I think that they did a really good job with Hedorah. I like that his final form “glistens” as a nod to his cosmic origin.

If Hedorah were to be done with today’s technology, there’s no doubt that he’d look phenomenal.
I'm sure that they did the best they could, and doing a goop monster in a solid suit is hard...but he still came out a rug monster ultimately.

And agreed, you could do the idea justice in CGI, but you'd have to change the idea and not use the solid rug design. My ideal Hedorah would look more like the Blob done as a tsunami of sludge and pollution, but that's not a popular idea here.