Shin Anthology

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Shin Anthology

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Shin Mothra could work but Mothra has remained largely unchanged for the entirety of her existence so I don't really see much that could be done differently. Rodan is a pretty superficial kaiju film. Most kaiju films are just pure entertainment and wouldn't really lend themselves to the Shin treatment.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Mothra has remained largely unchanged for the entirety of her existence
Well... there was that time in the '90s when she he became a form-changing, time-travelling god with lasers coming out of every body part...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If I were to take a smart guess, a Shin Ghidorah will be halfway between a more traditional Ghidorah as we know the character and the anime version.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

With Shin Kamen Rider being a thing, we’re definitely getting at least an anthology trilogy. I’d love, however, for Anno to tackle more Tokusatsu icons like Mothra and Super Sentai and give them the Shin treatment.

Anno’s transitioning from being the “Evangelion Guy” to the “Shin Guy” :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:32 pm
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Mothra has remained largely unchanged for the entirety of her existence
Well... there was that time in the '90s when she he became a form-changing, time-travelling god with lasers coming out of every body part...
Hmmmmm. That sounds awfully familiar here...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:36 pm With Shin Kamen Rider being a thing, we’re definitely getting at least an anthology trilogy. I’d love, however, for Anno to tackle more Tokusatsu icons like Mothra and Super Sentai and give them the Shin treatment.

Anno’s transitioning from being the “Evangelion Guy” to the “Shin Guy” :lol:
Up next - Shin Evangelion

:P
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.