Should Genndy Tartakovsky do a Godzilla series?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Should Genndy Tartakovsky do a Godzilla series?

Post by BlankAccount »

Sometimes I think people forget that Godzilla sometimes bleeds. *shrug*

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Living Corpse wrote:Sometimes I think people forget that Godzilla sometimes bleeds. *shrug*
There's a difference between Godzilla bleeding and Godzilla ripping off Anguirus's snout.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla was spurting blood from his neck like a murder victim, but i get what you mean. However, say we got to see the battle between Godzilla and Kamoebas from Tokyo SOS, i'm sure there was a significant chunk of meat taken from his throat from what we did see. Godzilla can do gore successfully, ripping snouts off? maybe not, but ripping guts from a living garbage bag? almost decapitating giant turtles? scratching eyes out? Totally within the realm of possibility.

We're talking 100m animals with road-long finger nails, i'm sure some gore would be expected. Plus it would scratch the "WE ONLY WANNA SEE MONSTERS FIGHT" crowd's itch.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
But like was said previously, Genndy tells thoughtful stories in-between and even during, his epic fights.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:"WE ONLY WANNA SEE MONSTERS FIGHT" crowd
Short rant.

I know those people exist but lately I see this as a lazy insult by people to use on others who said they didn't like a movie that they liked. It's so annoying getting that when I said I didn't like the human characters in a movie or the story of a movie and I get "you're only here for the monster fights!" If that were true I wouldn't be sitting through the movie, I'd fast forward to the end fight. I want the whole movie to be entertaining not just the monster fights. Sorry if I found the character you liked poorly written.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
Short rant.

I know those people exist but lately I see this as a lazy insult by people to use on others who said they didn't like a movie that they liked. It's so annoying getting that when I said I didn't like the human characters in a movie or the story of a movie and I get "you're only here for the monster fights!" If that were true I wouldn't be sitting through the movie, I'd fast forward to the end fight. I want the whole movie to be entertaining not just the monster fights. Sorry if I found the character you liked poorly written.
Nah i know what you mean, i've been thrown in the same boat before, i meant that more towards the general audience who tend to say those types of things whenever someone mentions weak human elements in these movies.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Living Corpse wrote:
Short rant.

I just had that happened to me here because I didn't like G3 and said I now only pay attention to the fights because I hate the rest of the film! I like characters, just not that one!
Shame there ain't a like button.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Vakanai wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Short rant.

I just had that happened to me here because I didn't like G3 and said I now only pay attention to the fights because I hate the rest of the film! I like characters, just not that one!
Shame there ain't a like button.
Right? The Return of Godzilla is one of my favorite movies, and that's one many fans consider "boring". I'll admit, the characters don't stand out, they just get the job done and I can't remember their names to save my life, I still enjoyed the story they were telling in spite of the characters themselves not standing out. I watched it for the story, not just Godzilla. So that's two out of three things. Not bad.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote: I'll admit, the characters don't stand out, they just get the job done and I can't remember their names to save my life,
Honestly, besides a select few, i always forget the names of humans in Godzilla films, even the ones i love. I just call them "Actor here's character" half the time. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Given that the guy is good at wordless storytelling (if Primal is any indication), it would be intriguing to see him hold the reins of a project. Maybe he can make a series that has its main focus on the kaiju.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Vakanai wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:01 pm No one "should" do anything. Silly question.
"Should", in this context, is purely subjective. Nothin' wrong with that yo.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:10 am
Vakanai wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:01 pm No one "should" do anything. Silly question.
"Should", in this context, is purely subjective. Nothin' wrong with that yo.
Context gets lost online - and people often think their views are objective. Nothing wrong with pointing it out.
(not to be a hardcase, but some people online really feel that entitled...)
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Basing this on absolutely nothing but if we get another English language animated Godzilla series it'll probably be like one of those kid friendly CG Netflix original shows like Kong: King of the Apes or Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.