How Could Past Monsters Be Revisited in the Reiwa Era?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Re: Reiwa Ghidorah: How do you want him?

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:I guess we all can agree Lovecraftian Ghidorah is the next logical step for him (except for the people who want Toho to leave him rest and for the people still hyped with that awful KoTM Ghiddy).
KOTM Ghidorah... awful? And this... why?
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah
Wait what? Since when was Showa Ghidorah ever even in the top 5, when we have the likes of Mecha-King Ghiodrah, Heisei Ghidorah, Death Ghidorah, and Kaizer Ghidorah? Only ones he really beats out much are Creataceous Ghidorah, GMK Ghidorah, and the anime's spaghetti monster.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:I guess we all can agree Lovecraftian Ghidorah is the next logical step for him (except for the people who want Toho to leave him rest and for the people still hyped with that awful KoTM Ghiddy).
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa King Ghidorah

Added in 4 minutes 25 seconds:
Mmm... I would like to see Reiwa Ghidorah again as a planet destroyer alien, like the Showa one, but even more terrifying and sadistic. And maybe even capable to telepathically comunicate. Imagine Reiwa Ghidorah talking telepathically to his victims before killing them. That would be absolutely terrifying.

Added in 23 seconds:
Italian G-Fan wrote:

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
Italian G-Fan wrote:
KOTM Ghidorah is like the third best version of the character after Grand King Ghidorah and Showa Ghidorah
I don't want him to be telepathic. The monsters can communicate with body language. The fairies can always translate if they want to be on the nose.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Can't we have Ghidora take a long deserved rest? I mean he's been in every era, and honestly I think for the time being, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done with him.
He Jock it Made of Steel

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Jetty_Jags wrote:Can't we have Ghidora take a long deserved rest? I mean he's been in every era, and honestly I think for the time being, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done with him.
This. KOTM gave him his much-needed Hollywood CGI extravaganza, and now he needs to be crammed back in his asteroid to orbit the Solar System for another decade or two. Let's get somebody else in the Big Bad spotlight for a change. Anybody else. Hell, let's make Jet Jaguar an evil mastermind and let him have another movie.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm with Jag and.....Jag (that's gonna be a problem, lol), give Bidiboi his vacation.

but if we have to.....

No Lovecraft.

Achieve the true Showa ambition.

A striking golden dragon, beautiful to behold, graceful, a sheer contrast to the earthy or scarred normal monsters....but one with a cruel sadism, a maniac energy to obliterate everything it sees, and a cackle of pure GLEE of the endless chaotic devastation he brings.

He's been a weapon. He's been an abomination. He's been a king. Bring Ghidorah back to his roots as the glorious and mad apocalypse personified.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I would like to see them take a break from using Ghidorah, we've got four defeats versions of him in, like two years. In all honesty, I would like to see some of the other older monsters get used again.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Re: Frankenstein in World of Godzilla?

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Why Frankenstein when we could have the Gargantuas in the World of Godzilla?
Sanda and Gairah are much more "kaiju-like" and more interessting monsters imo.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

JAGzilla wrote:This. KOTM gave him his much-needed Hollywood CGI extravaganza, and now he needs to be crammed back in his asteroid to orbit the Solar System for another decade or two Let's get somebody else in the Big Bad spotlight for a change. Anybody else. Hell, let's make Jet Jaguar an evil mastermind and let him have another movie.
Uh...no? I’m fine with not rushing him out right off the bat and giving him a break, but shelving Godzilla’s arch nemesis for a decade or two is a bit excessive. Like I said, I’m fine with not seeing him right away. What I’d prefer is a Thanos style slow build up. We get several story arcs with other monsters as main villains (Gigan, Destoroyah, MechaGodzilla, etc). But at the end of each arc they can hint that something even worse might be out there. Like the black hole aliens show up with MechaGodzilla to invade earth because their planet was destroyed by...something. Then, when Ghidorah finally shows up, we get a version that has all the best attributes of previous versions but also corrects all the flaws of the previous versions. Basically what Showa Ghidorah was originally presented as, scaled up to modern standards. As awesome as KOTM Ghidorah was, I don’t think he was properly scaled to how Ghidorah was originally presented in GTTHM, requiring a three way team up to defeat. Felt like a missed opportunity.
Last edited by JesstrK on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

JesstrK wrote: Uh...no? I’m fine with not rushing him out right off the bat and giving him a break, but shelving Godzilla’s arch nemesis for a decade or two is a bit excessive.
Why? That's not very long, really. Okay, twenty years maybe, but ten? Nah, that's nothing. I doubt Toho is going back to annual movies any time soon, so we won't likely see more than four or five movies in that time. I can absolutely live that long without seeing Ghidorah again, and the franchise should get by just fine if Toho gets it through their heads that their other monsters can be just as cool as the Big Five. Destoroyah, Spacegodzilla, Orga, Hedorah, and potentially others can all easily fill the major villain spot, and all have plenty of potential to be updated and made grand and terrifying for modern audiences.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

JAGzilla wrote: Why?
Because (besides being an important part of the franchise) he’s my favorite and I like him better than any of the other potential villains you mentioned :D
Really, I’d think anyone would feel the same way if people were calling for their favorite character/kaiju to be shelved for the foreseeable future. That said...
That's not very long, really. Okay, twenty years maybe, but ten? Nah, that's nothing. I doubt Toho is going back to annual movies any time soon, so we won't likely see more than four or five movies in that time.
Yeah, when you put it that way it doesn’t sound so bad. I was thinking in terms of how things were in the Heisei era and part of the Showa era where we got a new movie roughly every 1-3 years (most of which were good), in which case I’d expect to see Ghidorah sooner than 10 years in. Personally I’d like for Toho to go back to that type of schedule if possible, but I’d understand if that was impossible if they want to go all out on special effects this time.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Gailah 1966 wrote:Why Frankenstein when we could have the Gargantuas in the World of Godzilla?
Sanda and Gairah are much more "kaiju-like" and more interessting monsters imo.
1. Because Frankenstein is the more famous monster, big name recognition and all that.
2. Because having Frankenstein return would be fun.
3. Why not have both Frankie and the Gargantuas? Why do we always think in "either or" terms with this franchise?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Vakanai wrote:3. Why not have both Frankie and the Gargantuas? Why do we always think in "either or" terms with this franchise?
I think it is due to the fact that there are only a limited number of kaiju that fans can really expect to appear in each film. There is a reason why so many kaiju have never really had a repeat appearance, both Frankie and the Gargantuas haven't had an appearance in over 50 years. They also didn't even crack the top 20 in fan polling, so unless someone involve with the production is a huge fan of the two films, I doubt they are even on the radar to be included.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Vakanai wrote: 3. Why not have both Frankie and the Gargantuas? Why do we always think in "either or" terms with this franchise?
Well, the Gargantuas are lincenced by Toho. They are original Toho Kaiju.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

szmigiel wrote:
Vakanai wrote:3. Why not have both Frankie and the Gargantuas? Why do we always think in "either or" terms with this franchise?
I think it is due to the fact that there are only a limited number of kaiju that fans can really expect to appear in each film. There is a reason why so many kaiju have never really had a repeat appearance, both Frankie and the Gargantuas haven't had an appearance in over 50 years. They also didn't even crack the top 20 in fan polling, so unless someone involve with the production is a huge fan of the two films, I doubt they are even on the radar to be included.
Which just means we're not likely to ever see any of the three again - but why does that mean we should hope for only one or the other then? We're already wishing for more or less the impossible, why not just own it and swing for the fences with our desires then?
Gailah 1966 wrote:
Vakanai wrote: 3. Why not have both Frankie and the Gargantuas? Why do we always think in "either or" terms with this franchise?
Well, the Gargantuas are lincenced by Toho. They are original Toho Kaiju.
Frankenstein's public domain, and you can always trademark certain appearances/interpretations or something (like how only Universal can use the classic flat-headed Karloff Frankie). There's no reason to bring up licensing at all really.
Last edited by Vakanai on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I'm down with it, as long as he doesn't look like a caveman.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I was always under the impression that Toho owned the rights to their version (Frankenstein) just like Universal owned the rights to their version (the Frankenstein Monster).

Since the original novel's in the public domain, there should be no problem here, right?

I think that Frankenstein, Sanda and Gaira could, and should, be put in the World of Godzilla storyline.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I would love if Frankenstein returned if Toho made it similar to their version.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Reiwa Mothra... How do you want her?

Post by Gigantis »

Can we get a Mothra who has more special powers than just glitter for once? Maybe have her light up her body with electricity and she can ram the opponent with it?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:Can we get a Mothra who has more special powers than just glitter for once? Maybe have her light up her body with electricity and she can ram the opponent with it?
I'm guessing you've never seen the Heisei films?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Can we get a Mothra who has more special powers than just glitter for once? Maybe have her light up her body with electricity and she can ram the opponent with it?
I'm guessing you've never seen the Heisei films?
Oh not beams. I mean literally surge her body with lighting and just have that be a power.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!