THAT Jet Jaguar trailer might had been legit...

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: THAT Jet Jaguar trailer might had been legit...

Post by Stump Feet »

Yeah but Toho's suddenly bringing him back in promotionals and went on to state at CC that he's been on the companies mind so it's led a few to believe he's about to make a comeback.

I remember a video surfaced of Anno and a crew of Toho employees (I believe) singing his theme song in a bar so let the conspiracies fly lol
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Here's hoping in any case, I liked the salaryman idea, legit. I'd be down for a JJ seasonal anime or something.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Stump Feet wrote:Yeah but Toho's suddenly bringing him back in promotionals and went on to state at CC that he's been on the companies mind so it's led a few to believe he's about to make a comeback.

I remember a video surfaced of Anno and a crew of Toho employees (I believe) singing his theme song in a bar so let the conspiracies fly lol
I need a link
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Remember though that Anno liked JJ enough to have a big easter egg of him in Evangelion.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Remember though that Anno liked JJ enough to have a big easter egg of him in Evangelion.
You mean Red Alone or Jet Alone, whatever his name was?
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Remember though that Anno liked JJ enough to have a big easter egg of him in Evangelion.
It's Jet Alone.

Red Alone was some old concept for Jet Jaguar I think:
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
It's Jet Alone.

Red Alone was some old concept for Jet Jaguar I think:
While I know this won’t happen, it would be cool if Jet Jaguar came back and could change into that as another form or something.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The two ideas could be combined. JJ tries to live among humans and have some form of "normal life", but finds himself having to defend man from evil kaiju. Despite being a savior to those closest to him, others would still treat JJ with racism and fear. It creates an interesting dynamic where the hero questions himself as to why he keeps risking himself for people who only feel intolerance for him.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I'd like the idea more if he didn't notice it at all, just constantly going on with that grin on his face

Added in 3 minutes 21 seconds:
Is this the costume that made the JJ creator cry when it was brought out?

If so I can tell why :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Stump Feet wrote:I'd like the idea more if he didn't notice it at all, just constantly going on with that grin on his face
This. I don't think Jet Jaguar needs to be an interesting, let alone conflicted, character. He just needs to grin and be generally awesome. He's much better suited to a comedy role than anything else.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Jet Jaguar drops down in front of a crowd after saving the day, fists on hips striking a heroic pose... only for the towns people to riot and begin throwing trash at him. Someone from the crowd suddenly breaks a baseball bat upside the back of his head- crowd gasps and falls silent, unsure of what the robot will do- camera pans to JJ's face and lingers there for a few moments- then he just gives an "ok" thumbs up and zooms back into the sky, content with his job well done.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I'd love to see this either as some type of visual written media (comic/manga), or an anime. I absolutely love it, and I think it could provide some unique deconstruction of the kaiju genre.
He Jock it Made of Steel