Short Godzilla Film Being Made For Eiji Tsuburaya Museum

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Short Godzilla Film Being Made For Eiji Tsuburaya Museum

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, if it's any relief to any of you, if the film does get a DVD release in Japan, and definitively does not get a western release, I've got you all covered. ;)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

What was thought to be a DVD is actually a book if what Jimpluff here is saying is accurate:

https://jimpluff.tumblr.com/post/188774 ... raya#notes

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:What was thought to be a DVD is actually a book if what Jimpluff here is saying is accurate:

https://jimpluff.tumblr.com/post/188774 ... raya#notes
Well it'll be on sale this week. That's for sure. I should contact Jomei.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Let us know if/when you see it pop up to order. Crossing fingers the book has a dvd with the short film in it. Why just release a book?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cookson wrote:Let us know if/when you see it pop up to order. Crossing fingers the book has a dvd with the short film in it. Why just release a book?
Because they can sell the book first, and then sell the DVD later separately. :D

Some people noted the Gamera 4 film. Let's make a note that that's a complete fanfilm and wasn't produced or made by Toho, let alone presented in a museum.

Here's what Jomei is citing as the book listing:
http://hobbyjapan.co.jp/books/book/b480841.html

Amazon listing:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%86%86%E8%B ... 479862070X
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Just found it here as well:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10649437

Honestly both descriptions make it sound like the 14 minute video could be included.. hard to tell. I ordered the last copy I guess since preorder is down now.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So lads, do you want me to pre-order this on Amazon Japan and have it sent to my workplace somewhere between Friday and Monday? Assuming the pre-order isn't broken I'll have it the earliest, I think. Could confirm what is inside it before anyone is hesitant to buy it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sure, if you want to. If not a DVD, any behind the scenes info on the making of the short would be interesting and more than welcome.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Okay boys, I ordered this. Should arrive on December 1st Japan time. I'll keep everyone updated.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Cool! You are the man, LSD Jellyfish! Thank you.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Okay boys, I ordered this. Should arrive on December 1st Japan time. I'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks for update! Hopefully we get a western release too.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

For real the description of this thing makes it sound like the 14 minute short is included... but I’m pretty sure it’s not. Hoping it is! Let us know LSD.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Amazon Japan lists it as "out for delivery" as of two hours ago. So everyone can expect to check back in a few hours and I'll have something.

Added in 54 minutes 14 seconds:
ARRIVED
NO DVD,

HOWEVER, lots of cool photos, will be posted later. Looks as though just shows off some stills from the movie, and a painstaking way of showing how the suit was made.

Seems like the short film was just Godzilla 54 rampaging and fighting some military things. There's some day-time shots!

Added in 1 hour 5 minutes 9 seconds:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

shadowgigan wrote:How can I order this book?
If you want to there's a link posted from Amazon Japan. I'm not quite sure if you can ship it internationally from there.

I'll warn you that the book, other then what I just posted, has a lot of making of type stuff and interviews, which I may get around to posting. There's some gorgeous shots of this new suit and some other things. I'm not really sure though, personally, if for some people they might want to spend so much money shipping for something they can't fully read.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Pretty cool images. I have the book coming next week. Hopefully... somehow the short film makes it to home video as either its own release or a special feature on a future Godzilla release. This thing deserves to be seen by all fans.
Last edited by Cookson on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

The suit looks amazing! The blue lighting on the atomic breath reminds me of the heisei series. This is what I have been waiting for, I'd love to see a feature length film with these kind of aesthetics.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cookson wrote:Pretty cool images. I have the book coming next week. Hopefully... somehow the short film makes it to home video as either its own release or a special feature on a future Godzilla release. This thing deserves to be seen by all fans.
They showed it being shown off at a festival, in Hibya square separate from the museum. I doubt it'll be canned or won't in the future be released in some shape or form.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

shadowgigan wrote:The suit looks amazing! The blue lighting on the atomic breath reminds me of the heisei series. This is what I have been waiting for, I'd love to see a feature length film with these kind of aesthetics.
edit: I definitely want the book to display as an extension of my '54 collection. I think it would be a really cool piece. Maybe one of the US dealers will eventually get it. Looking into shipping from hobby search. I've always just given up on shipping from Japan because it seemed confusing and annoying.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Those daytime shots make me both wish this would come to western audiences, and also wish for more modern suitmation.
He Jock it Made of Steel