Monster Hunter the Movie!?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Re: Monster Hunter the Movie!?

Post by Omegamorph »

SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Omegamorph wrote: Do those series have Tigrex

do they
No
There's your answer
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Omegamorph wrote:
SomeknowmeasXeno wrote:
Omegamorph wrote: Do those series have Tigrex

do they
No
There's your answer
Your monstu is shit-tier.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I will certainly see this in theaters! I used to play the games on the Wii a few years back with my cousins, they were a blast! (Even though we sucked at them)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well I found this. Make of it what you will. Check at 2:37. Apparently the footage is a few months old. Wonder how this fell under the radar.

Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
Here's the bit of interest.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I was thinking they'd make the designs a bit more photorealistic but it looks like they're 100% like the games'
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Is this actual footage of the movie or just a well made commercial? Keep reading some doubt about it on Facebook and as I am not really following the movie or know much about the source material, I can't really make proper judgement.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well its from an FX reel showing shots from other films, primarily Crimson Peak and several of Anderson's own films. I'm guessing it's authentic. Whether it's actual film footage, proof of concept, or what is not known.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well I guess it's going forward after all. Monster Hunter officially begins production in September and Milla Jovovich is the first actor to join the cast because of course she is.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syfy.com ... vich%3famp

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Well I guess it's going forward after all. Monster Hunter officially begins production in September and Milla Jovovich is the first actor to join the cast because of course she is.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syfy.com ... vich%3famp
Oh lord why!? This is clearly going to be a retread of the Resident Evil movies. I’m legit angry about this. I love this series almost as much as I do with Godzilla. The film had a chance to be a grand story about rising and beyond your own limits. It would of had a unique setting with so much hidden lore and incredible world building. But instead of going to someone with vision like Del Toro or Jackson, they went with the guy who pushed aside Chris Redfield for his Mary Sue wife. It’s going to be cheap (60 million really?), formulaic, convoluted, and forgettable. SMH
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Necro-posting powers, activate!

The movie is now less than five months away. I freely admit that I have never played any of the games, but I'll be damned if I'm not a bit interested in this. See, I have a soft spot for the RE films. Yeah, they're nothing like the games, but they are what got me into the games in the first place. And I like Milla, so there's that. But the reported plot sounds a lot like they're gearing this up to be the next big budget, "loosely based" on a video game, Hollywood franchise.

10 bucks says the end of the movie ends with a monster making through a portal or the villain of the film gaining monster DNA or something, letting loose the monsters on regular Earth so a sequel can have the likes of a Rathalos or Deviljo rampaging through the streets of a city at some point, no doubt in slow mo.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The climax is supposed to take place at an airport.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Bold strategy to base the movie on GATE instead of, y'know, Monster Hunter.

By the way, since Toho has a hand in the production of this film, shouldn't this be moved to the Reiwa section?
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well, this was rather shocking. I'm not really too sure what to make of this, came outta nowhere!

Gotta say though, the monster looks great.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The Diablos looks great! I'm excited despite the 3000% chance that it will be so-bad-it's-good at best.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I still enjoy his Mortal Kombat movie so we'll have to see but I am still curious. As far as I can tell Mila and her team get stuck in Monster Hunter land, team gets killed and Mila gets trained to become a hunter herself. Somehow the rift opens back up and a couple monsters make it back to our world to cause havoc for the big climax.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

The more monster movies the better so bring it!

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

0.02 I also tend to look through scopes with my closed eye.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Now I understand what Yosemite Sam is talking about when he says ,"Great Horny Toads !"
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I love the director's first Resident Evil movie and Alien vs Predator, I can't wait to see some monster mayhem in theaters again!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

A short behind the scenes vid showing Rathalos in action.