Midora?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Midora?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

On scifi japan a while ago there was an interview with the director of Godzilla vs Hedorah. Before the official announcement he stated there would be another Godzilla movie but also some film about Hedorah vs Midora (some green plant monster). Do you think any elements will get scrapped and we could wind up with another Hedorah film and would you want it?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Midora?

Post by Space Hunter M »

I think they should bring back Midori instead.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Mr. Banno didn't say there WOULD be another film featuring Hedorah and Midora - he said he submitted the story idea.

Count me interested in it, though. Maybe LPG 3?

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

I think Hedorah vs Midora would be awesome! One of Godzilla's deadliest enemies getting his own movie and opponent sounds like a great idea! And I think this there's a "man vs nature" theme here- Manmade pollution monster vs Mother Nature plant beast.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rody wrote:Mr. Banno didn't say there WOULD be another film featuring Hedorah and Midora - he said he submitted the story idea.

Count me interested in it, though. Maybe LPG 3?
Considering he was a producer on Godzilla 2014 which was very successful no doubt he will definitely have a larger influence in the company as opposed to before when he had less money. He seems to really like Hedorah, and remember the failed Deathla project? No doubt he's adamant about it and he's going to try to go full force with it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Rebirth of Midora.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Space Hunter M wrote:I think they should bring back Midori instead.
I think you mean 'Midora'. Midori, the green melon liquer from Japan, hasn't gone anywhere...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Toho may not want to make another kaiju film without Godzilla or more of their big 5. If Godzilla 2016 does well enough to get a sequel I could see them adapting this story to have Godzilla in it.

Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Post by Finalwar22 »

I think that they need to bring Hedorah back the last time they did that was in final wars and that was for like a minute. Maybe this time they will make his transformations look more realistic. As well a green Hedorah with a similar name? come on Toho is better than that.
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Sooooooooooo, will we ever actually see Midora or is he trapped in the ungodly Cutting Room?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

You make it sound like Midora's been known for years already. We're probably lucky we know about it at all, because Banno mentioned the idea in his Scifi Japan TV interview last year. I wouldn't expect to hear anything more until at least after Godzilla 2016 comes out, and that' only if Toho or Legendary announces that they're running with Banno's submitted story.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Rody wrote:You make it sound like Midora's been known for years already. We're probably lucky we know about it at all, because Banno mentioned the idea in his Scifi Japan TV interview last year. I wouldn't expect to hear anything more until at least after Godzilla 2016 comes out, and that' only if Toho or Legendary announces that they're running with Banno's submitted story.
Sorry, just thought Midora vs Hedorah sounded interesting.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i'd like Hedorah to remain an element in the past. it's just not an interesting monster at all, and it seems like it's liked because it was a tough opponent and that's it. it does not come off as particularly appealing or entertaining.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Young Guy wrote:
Rody wrote:You make it sound like Midora's been known for years already. We're probably lucky we know about it at all, because Banno mentioned the idea in his Scifi Japan TV interview last year. I wouldn't expect to hear anything more until at least after Godzilla 2016 comes out, and that' only if Toho or Legendary announces that they're running with Banno's submitted story.
Sorry, just thought Midora vs Hedorah sounded interesting.
Personally, I think Banno's idea of Midora vs. Hedora would work perfectly as a short that plays before Godzilla 2016, like in Pixar movies.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^That's a neat idea.
Young Guy wrote: Sorry, just thought Midora vs Hedorah sounded interesting.
I'm not saying it isn't; I'm saying you shouldn't expect news on a project that doesn't exist yet.

Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Post by Finalwar22 »

If midora isn't a project why is there a thread for it?
Oh boy, now Godzilla is an anime and Ultraman has become Kamen Rider. What next?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

On TK you can get three different threads just talking about Godzilla's feet. Don't overthink it.

Finalwar22
Monarch Researcher

Post by Finalwar22 »

Good point.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

Rody wrote:On TK you can get three different threads just talking about Godzilla's feet. Don't overthink it.
Well, to be fair...they did look like elephant feet.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Young Guy wrote:
Rody wrote:On TK you can get three different threads just talking about Godzilla's feet. Don't overthink it.
Well, to be fair...they did look like elephant feet.
If elephant feet had 4 claws, one of which off at an angle.