Re: Offical Toho/Godzilla Movie Ideas Topic 2.0

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Mastergodzilla wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:I would remake Godzilla: Final Wars, call it Godzilla: Armageddon and have all the Toho kaiju in it. All of the Godzilla baddies on one team, all good kaiju on another. Every kaiju would have optimal screen time, good plot and story. It would need to be split into 2 parts though.
Dude, I have literally had an idea exactly like this! (Great minds think alike)
Awesome! Great minds really do think alike. :lol:
Resized Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

When Pacific Rim came out, I always wondered why Toho never basically tried a similar concept but with Godzilla. Throw it far into the future, then you have no worries about 'grounding things in the reality of today', and you can throw in any kind of super tech and sci-fi concepts as you like...and really create the world the film occurs in. It seems that in some way the Godzilla Anime is doing that, which I am happy with.

As a kid I thought a cool trilogy would be 3 movies that were all separated by 50 years. Beginning in 1954, 2nd film in 2004, and 3rd in 2054...to get a grasp of how 'If the events of the original Godzilla happened, how would history be impacted and differ in the next 50 years' as opposed to just assuming that EVERYTHING would be the same, sans for a monster attack in 54.

Sort of craft an alternate world timeline due to the entrance of a giant monster into the world.

I've always thought exploring the idea of Godzilla perhaps inviting religious fanaticism from certain groups, or creating a sort of mass depression or apathy...'If Godzilla could make landfall at any time and wipe us all out, why should I care about anything?' To really get into the societal psychology of living in a world that is at the mercy of Godzilla...that feels like great unexplored territory.

I also always had an idea of, in whatever timeline a movie takes place....to have there to have been an original Godzilla attack way back in the day....but so far back that it then becomes a sort of icon of pop culture.

Like Titanic. It's a tragedy from 1912, but also an insanely popular and well known movie with fictional characters.

The idea that an initial horrifying original Godzilla attack eventually spawns into a pop culture phenomenon like 100 years after the fact....it could be fun because then you can create an 'in universe' world where the song "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult exists, where perhaps some Godzilla films exist....but it was all seeded by a REAL Godzilla tragedy.

Then when a new Godzilla actually appears again.........the entire world gets turned upside down. The whole thing would be very 'meta' and hard to execute, but it sounds like a lot of fun...and I'm usually not a huge fan of self referential and meta storytelling in franchises.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

^I could imagine something like the Wold Newton universe. A world where the Godzilla franchise exists exactly as it does in the real world, with years of movies and comic books, but instead of being fictional the Showa series films are actually highly dramatized depictions of true events. A men in black type organization covers up the existence of kaiju and aliens to prevent the general public from knowing the 20th century's true history, but a maverick filmmaker named Ishiro Honda somehow saw through the deception and created a series of movies to warn humanity of the secret danger they faced. Now Godzilla has returned and if humanity has a chance to survive someone must decipher the clues Honda left behind in his films to learn what he knew of the coming menace.

For added drama, the most crucial hint he left isn't in any of the Godzilla movies, but hidden in the original cut of Half Human.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

^^^man, that sounds so ridiculous...and usually it is the kind of movie I hate, I don't care for THAT type of stuff. But perhaps it is a testament to my Godzilla nerdiness that I find that concept to sound so much fun. At worst it would make for a cool 30 minute TV special or something.

Also....for a long time one thing on my wish-list was to basically see Godzilla take on Zilla again, only 3 of them basically at once....as a nod to King Kong vs the 3 T-Rex.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Ivo-goji wrote:^I could imagine something like the Wold Newton universe. A world where the Godzilla franchise exists exactly as it does in the real world, with years of movies and comic books, but instead of being fictional the Showa series films are actually highly dramatized depictions of true events. A men in black type organization covers up the existence of kaiju and aliens to prevent the general public from knowing the 20th century's true history, but a maverick filmmaker named Ishiro Honda somehow saw through the deception and created a series of movies to warn humanity of the secret danger they faced. Now Godzilla has returned and if humanity has a chance to survive someone must decipher the clues Honda left behind in his films to learn what he knew of the coming menace.

For added drama, the most crucial hint he left isn't in any of the Godzilla movies, but hidden in the original cut of Half Human.
Sounds like the best basis for a TV show crossing NCIS, Shin Godzilla's human scenes and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I like that. :lol:

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I'd like to see a more "Lynch-esque" take on a Goji movie tbh.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I have a simple broad idea for a Godzilla trilogy because I think it's interesting we haven't had sort of a limited, self contained series yet with the same creative team involved film to film (akin to the Gamera trilogy - same writer, director, FX director, composer, etc.).

I also think working with an established character and its franchise ideas is an interesting opportunity to take what's been done before and try to make it more coherent and cohesive. You see a lot of fans do redesign fan-art series and try to fit everything that's ever been associated with the character before (plus other things like Gamera, Ultraman, etc.) into one timeline but that doesn't exactly lead to something streamline.

So my basic idea is the first story handles Godzilla and prehistoric reptilian creatures similar in origin to him (so Rodan, Anguirus, Varan, not all of them exactly but you get the idea). Second story would bring in more outlandish, otherworldly elements like Ghidorah or Hedorah. Basically if the first story had earthbound threats the second would bring in enemies from elsewhere (space). Final story would introduce manmade monsters like Mechagodzilla (from Godzilla parts) or Gigan (from Ghidorah parts). It would have a 'darkest timeline' feel to it with humanity dealing with the increasing monster threat.

So I don't know if any of that sounds interesting but there you go, something like that for a film trilogy or limited animated series would be cool to me.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I think a feature-length anthology collection of shorts would be cool. That idea has been done before, of course, with something like Rodriguez-Tarantino's pair of movies being brought together as a singular "movie" to theaters or Doomsday Book, which featured a trilogy of shorts about different sci-fi doomsdays. The idea here is of course having Godzilla tales, although maybe Toho could even use it as a debut to intrigue audiences with another monster that could be used in future movies outside of Godzilla. So have maybe a couple of 40 minute Godzilla movies next to a 40 minute monster already in Toho's library (Rodan, Biollante) or something original. That brings audiences to the theater for something iconic like Godzilla and then there's something new that they might not otherwise have gone to. It also brings the pace to be much more focused on the monster brawls without necessitating a lot of character elements in the movie that detract if they aren't well done. It is also great for movies that are "cool" ideas but maybe wouldn't be effective as a traditional movie, like crossovers that also wouldn't be canon to each franchise's continuities (finally making something of that Godzilla/Evangelion crossover). They can also differentiate them as much as they would like too, some being LA and others being animated, drawing on as many potential moviegoers as possible.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think an anime anthology would be cool. With segments by different mangaka and animation houses.

A kaiju film centered around the Biblical Apocalypse with kaiju taking on the roles of Biblical figures. Ghidorah is Satan, monsters for the Horseman, etc.

A serious powerful family drama centered in a world where giant monster attacks are as commonplace like natural disasters.

A nature documentary about the life of the kaiju on Monster Island.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla crossing Christian mythos would make me vomit. I find Christianity, specifically revelations in popular culture, cringe worthy and I'm sick of THE DEVIL or whatever. It's overdone and boring, and it's especially silly if you aren't Christian.

I dig the idea of an anthology of short films though, and kinda dig the nature documentary idea+natural disaster angle. While I wouldn't want a full movie of it, a 20 min found footage Godzilla related thing would be awesome(remember when people thought Shin Gojira was gonna be that?)
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'd like to see a movie explore the idea of a Godzilla that not only comes back from his initial death from the Oxygen Destroyer but is mutated by it and becomes a creature powered by both nuclear weapons and the Oxygen Destroyer.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I think it’s about time we blow the dust off of this topic and open the idea factory back up. I’ve been thinking about this idea for a a while, and it takes ideas from a handful of scrapped projects and expands upon them.

Godzilla vs. Akumajin

The film focuses on a Japanese astronaut who returns to earth after spending a year out on a space station that studied extraterrestrial life. After heading home, he falls gravely ill only to find out that he’s been infected by an alien virus. The odds of him surviving are grim. But a young scientist takes a gamble to save his life by using Godzilla’s cells to cure him. However the decide not to consult with him in order to prevent panic. While the controlled test he performed ened with success, it all ends horribly.

The g-cells in combination with the virus end up mutating the man into a huge humanoid monster resembling The Hulk but with violet skin, long black hair, four eyes, and long claws. Confused and horrified, he runs out to the Japanese countryside with the military in pursuit. There he is confronted by Godzilla who engages him. The monster now dubbed Akumajin engages Godzilla in combat. He realizes that he’s slowly developing powers such as the ability to shoot a powerful energy beam. The fight ends with Akumajin nearly dead and Godzilla injuried.

This doesn’t go unoticed by the military, the take his unconscious body and converts him into a cyborg weapon to kill Godzilla. Shortly after waking up after months of altering his body, Akumajin learns that he has the ability to use telepathy an uses it to find out that it was the g-cell that turned him into a monster. Outraged at what mankind has done to him, the cybernetic monster breaks out and goes on a rampage to show the world the monster they made him out to be. He again encounters Godzilla and engages him, blaming him just as much as humanity for making him like this. Near the end of the fight, Akumajin transfers all of thoughts and memories of his suffering to Godzilla via telepathy in order to make the monster feel the same pain he has. This ends up backfiring as Godzilla manages to channel his own memories of pain and suffering back, sunning the former human. Godzilla takes this chance to slice Akumajin’s neck. Akumajin retaliates by stabbing Godzilla with his long claws and preparing for a point blank blast. However the blood loss from the neck wound gets to him and he collapses. Godzilla takes opportunity to pin him down and ends his misery with a flash of his atomic breath.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I put some alternative Godzilla anime story ideas I came up with in the Ideas and Suggestions thread in Fan-Fiction the other day. Can I copy and paste them or should I just leave a link? (Please, xcuse the dumb question.)
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I always thought a drama/thriller about a family evacuating Tokyo while Godzilla is attacking and or fighting another monster(s) would be interesting. But I don't think that's something that most people would like to see since the monsters would be mostly in the background and the primary focus would be on the family and their struggles.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Re: Re: Offical Toho/Godzilla Movie Ideas Topic 2.0

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I have a lot of ideas about Godzilla films. I'll undoubtably be coming back here time and time again.

Day one:
- A kind of Whodunit with kaiju, where a ship is found washed destroyed and marked with punctures and claw marks on it. A team is assembled to figure out what kaiju did this, and go through various monsters (Ebirah, Manda, Anguirus, Baragon, Gorosaurus, Oodako, Titanosaurus, Godzilla) to see if any will strike again.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

GODZILLA - RODAN - VARAN: ULTIMATE SATANIC MONSTER WARFARE

As at least a few of you know, I'm a fan of the Kiryu Saga. So, my idea of a Godzilla film is to make a few Showa kaiju films canon. Those films would be Godzilla (1954), Rodan and Varan.

The year is 1988. It's been three decades since Japan was attacked by Godzilla in 1954, the two Rodans and the Meganulon in 1956 and Varan in 1958. So far, Japan has not had another giant monster attack. That all about to change, though. Atomic bomb testing in Siberia unleashes a giant monster. Its name is Baragon, a subterranean monster from prehistoric times. It is by far the biggest monster the world has seen so far. Bigger than the three monsters that attacked Japan in the 50s. Just to make things worse, a second Godzilla appears and starts sinking ships in the Sea of Japan, destroy cities in Japan and goes on a nationwide rampage in the United States, a third Rodan appears in northern Africa and is spreading chaos in nations near the Mediterranean Sea and a second Varan appears in the lake of Paektu Mountain and makes his way through China and Mongolia. As the world tries to come up with plans to fight off and defeat the four monsters, they all eventually cross paths and have a destructive battle in East and West Berlin with Baragon being the bigger threat, causing the three other monsters to try and kill Baragon, but not going as far as to team up, as they still see each other as enemies. Who will be the last monster standing?
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 pm Godzilla crossing Christian mythos would make me vomit. I find Christianity, specifically revelations in popular culture, cringe worthy and I'm sick of THE DEVIL or whatever. It's overdone and boring, and it's especially silly if you aren't Christian.

I dig the idea of an anthology of short films though, and kinda dig the nature documentary idea+natural disaster angle. While I wouldn't want a full movie of it, a 20 min found footage Godzilla related thing would be awesome(remember when people thought Shin Gojira was gonna be that?)
Then I take it you're glad that Godzilla vs. the Devil never became a thing back in the 1970s (personally, I think the closest we ever got to it was IDW's Godzilla in Hell, and that was an excellent story).

I like the idea of a kaiju documentary also. I've always wondered what kind of lives the 10 kaiju lived on Monsterland in Destroy All Monsters while the humans were keeping an eye on them and studying them and before the Kilaaks came along and temporarily mucked up the works. For example, since the Ogasawara (or Bonin) Islands are a whole lot of islands and islets, most of them uninhabited by humans, were the kaiju all kept on one island in several different sections (presumably the main island (if there is one)) or were they kept on different islands to keep any possible fighting between them to a reasonable minimum, if that?

And is it just my imagination, or do some of the Monster Island scenes in Godzilla vs. Gigan look like Monsterland was already being conceived in 1972 (presuming that's when the film occurs) with the humans and their technological devices mixed in with the various kaiju stock footage (which includes Kamacuras, too, btw, so maybe he could've been an after-the-fact addition to the 10 already there, thereby changing the number to 11? Just wondering if anyone ever even thought of that one...).
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^I just want to clarify that I made that post over four years ago. I’ve seen a lot of interpretations of a Christian influence on Godzilla through iconography in Mothra, and since then I’ve also found value in occultistish things, and mismashes of religion and culture. I don’t think I’d inherently be against something now just based on the inclusion of one element. As long as it doesn’t retcon Godzilla into oblivion by making it some sort of Jesus figure (and still then it might be cool if it was trippy like A Space Godzilla) then I’d be fine until I see it in action and can make a proper assessment.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm ^^I just want to clarify that I made that post over four years ago. I’ve seen a lot of interpretations of a Christian influence on Godzilla through iconography in Mothra, and since then I’ve also found value in occultistish things, and mismashes of religion and culture. I don’t think I’d inherently be against something now just based on the inclusion of one element. As long as it doesn’t retcon Godzilla into oblivion by making it some sort of Jesus figure (and still then it might be cool if it was trippy like A Space Godzilla) then I’d be fine until I see it in action and can make a proper assessment.
So I take it you would rather "God's Godzilla" never see the light of day? :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm ^^I just want to clarify that I made that post over four years ago. I’ve seen a lot of interpretations of a Christian influence on Godzilla through iconography in Mothra, and since then I’ve also found value in occultistish things, and mismashes of religion and culture. I don’t think I’d inherently be against something now just based on the inclusion of one element. As long as it doesn’t retcon Godzilla into oblivion by making it some sort of Jesus figure (and still then it might be cool if it was trippy like A Space Godzilla) then I’d be fine until I see it in action and can make a proper assessment.
So I take it you would rather "God's Godzilla" never see the light of day? :lol:
I would actually love it. That's the type of insanity I'm all for now.

Somewhere along the lines (and that's why my 2017 post is so alienating to me) I've really gotten into trippy religious inspirations. As long as it wasn't pure propaganda, or Godzilla fighting a devil in the traditional form. It's the same reason why I like Eva.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.