Gigan 50th Anniversary - Crowdfunded Suit/Short Film

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Re: Gigan 50th Anniversary - Crowdfunded Suit/Short Film

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 pm Considering how weird with Godzilla has gotten in recent years, Toho’s rules and regulations would be the least of one’s worries.
True :lol: I guess as long as you can convince them of the merchandising opportunities they might let you do about whatever.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:23 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 pm Considering how weird with Godzilla has gotten in recent years, Toho’s rules and regulations would be the least of one’s worries.
True :lol: I guess as long as you can convince them of the merchandising opportunities they might let you do about whatever.
I'd be more concerned over wasting my life's savings over such a project.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not entirely sure where this photo is from but I'll never get tired of seeing how these suits are built. It'd be nice if they could release a short documentary showing how it all came together once its finished (but knowing Toho, they might lock it behind a paywall :lol: ).

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I have a gut feeling that, no matter how it turns out when it's done, it's not going to look nearly as interesting or dynamic as that original suit.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Wow! Looks great!
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Looking great. Can't wait to see Showa Gigan and GFW Gigan standing side by side.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:08 am Looking great. Can't wait to see Showa Gigan and GFW Gigan standing side by side.
Is that the plan?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:08 am Looking great. Can't wait to see Showa Gigan and GFW Gigan standing side by side.
Is that the plan?
IIRC, someone said there was going to be something with both this new Showa suit and the FW suit. Either way, I'm sure we'll eventually see them together on display sometime.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Showa Gigan's opponent is now confirmed to be ShodaiGoji, via a teaser poster for the upcoming short!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

They already built it so might as well use it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 am Showa Gigan's opponent is now confirmed to be ShodaiGoji, via a teaser poster for the upcoming short!
Honestly didn't even see Gigan in his eyes until someone pointed it out.

Pretty neat. It'll certainly be something to see the original Godzilla in a battle for the first time. Wonder how "mobile" he'll be.

Still hoping Gigan 2004 shows up too. That "Godzilla vs. Gigan Rex" trailer has multiple Gigans in it, too, so maybe?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla Fuesu?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 pm Godzilla Fuesu?
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 pm Godzilla Fuesu?
G-Fes, or Godzilla Fest. It's been happening every year for a few years now. Usually they use it to promote new films sell merchandise. It used to be a physical event in Tokyo, but thanks to Corona it's all online now.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

https://youtu.be/hXzF1MXBUhY

At 1:18, he mentions a tokusatsu miniseries with Godzilla and Gigan facing off in it. Maybe it's a subtitle translation error, but does that mean it's going to be a couple of shorts with the Godzilla and Gigan suits?
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

darthzilla99 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:18 am https://youtu.be/hXzF1MXBUhY

At 1:18, he mentions a tokusatsu miniseries with Godzilla and Gigan facing off in it. Maybe it's a subtitle translation error, but does that mean it's going to be a couple of shorts with the Godzilla and Gigan suits?
That would be awesome, actually. I remember a rumor/report/whatever at the start of the year we'd end up seeing the new Showa Gigan suit alongside the FW one. Not sure if there's any truth to that now, or if that means we'd actually see BOTH team up (that'd be insane), but damn if that wouldn't be something special.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why two Godzilla Vs Gigan shorts in one year?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:35 pm Why two Godzilla Vs Gigan shorts in one year?
I don’t know, but I’m certainly not complaining!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Is this gonna be like Godzilla vs Hedorah Situation like they upload a video and then make it private shortly after

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... ZcezQ&s=19

Are we get orginals and FW versions of Godzilla and Gigan teaming up against one another?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:00 pm Is this gonna be like Godzilla vs Hedorah Situation like they upload a video and then make it private shortly after
I would certainly hope not given that its crowdfunded. Funnily enough, the first thing I did when the Godzilla vs. Hedorah short dropped was download it. I wasn't expecting them to remove it, but I like to save short videos like that. Glad I did...
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:17 pm https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... ZcezQ&s=19

Are we get orginals and FW versions of Godzilla and Gigan teaming up against one another?
Hm, interesting. I'm doubtful we'll see two Godzillas, so I wonder if this means the 1954 poster isn't for this short film? IDK.

By the way, Wikizilla has been collecting a gallery of behind-the-scenes pics. Pretty cool stuff, sweet miniature work as always.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs. ... m)#Gallery