Theoritical Shin-verse Question - How would Shin Godzilla return as a... hero?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Theoritical Shin-verse Question - How would Shin Godzilla return as a... hero?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just finished watching Shin Godzilla for maybe the second time this year, and got me thinking about the so-called Shin-verse and how Shin Godzilla could return if they are actually connected and leading to a Japanese Avengers... Shinvengers?

One possible means for Shin Godzilla to return in not the primary antagonistic role I doubt he'd be... Is having him evolve intelligence. Not something I can really say I'd want for this incarnation, but if we take it at face value that Shin Godzilla is always evolving, perhaps he will evolve intelligence the same way everything else does. I don't know what level or degree it could come too... But at least enough for Shin Godzilla to choose the "right side" to be on. I imagine this would also come with a more traditional design that obviously treats the 2016 design as a basis.

Remember, this is not for a discussion on IF Shin Godzilla returns as a hero. I can see as many, if not more reasons, why he SHOULDN'T come back as a hero and fight alongside Shin Ultraman, Shin Kamen Rider and even the Evas. But this is simply a matter of HOW it could be done.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Houndoom
GPN Volunteer

Re: Theoritical Shin-verse Question - How would Shin Godzilla return as a... hero?

Post by Houndoom »

Maybe if this were to happen he could pick the right side like you said. Something like he's more concerned with his own well being, essentially the enemy of my enemy is my friend sorta thing. Or maybe he doesn't get smarter and the more or less aim him at a big bad.

But ultimately I'd rather him be the big bad himself as opposed to being a member of some super hero team. His evolutions would also let him return as the threat but with new gimmicks each movie.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Theoritical Shin-verse Question - How would Shin Godzilla return as a... hero?

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly the only way I see this EVER happening is if Shin becomes an anti-hero. I really can't see him pulling a full on, Showa Godzilla heel-face turn unless there was actually.. say, a baby Godzilla to mellow him out. Wouldn't him becoming more intelligent actually mean he's gonna be even ANGRIER at humanity for constantly attacking him? Add that with the fact that every other kaiju character in the Shinverse is known for beating the crap out of monsters and would probably do the same to him, I don't really see any reasonable way for him to go good.

IG you could also have Ultraman try to teach him the ways of right and wrong, but that sounds kinda goofy lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maybe if the Goro Maki part of his consciousness takes over, he could express guilt for his actions as Godzilla.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

If it was written legitimately well I'd accept it; as it is, I'd prefer Shin Godzilla to just stay what he is in the movie: a giant animal. Not good nor evil, just an animal trying to survive that causes chaos along the way.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:29 pm One possible means for Shin Godzilla to return in not the primary antagonistic role I doubt he'd be... Is having him evolve intelligence.
Evolved intelligence lead humans to self destruction...

I think traditional take of good beating bad guys doesn't fit to Shin.

The key is understanding and finding some kind of profit from Godzilla existence.

What's led monster to land, and particularly to Tokyo? During first walk he have no active aggression towards human. Knowing what's leading him will enable to predict and mayby control his movement.

Some kind of profit can convince people to letting him live. Godzilla could become tourist attraction, source of interesting proteins, he can clean water etc.
Thanks for that, he will be treated like some kind of hero.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Marciosss wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:15 am
Some kind of profit can convince people to letting him live. Godzilla could become tourist attraction, source of interesting proteins, he can clean water etc.
Thanks for that, he will be treated like some kind of hero.
I deadass would watch a shin godzilla sequel where its just businessmen trying to profit off him. He wouldn't even have to fully wake up, just goofy ploys to make money that would have their own disasters consequences. Would it work as a movie? IDK, most people would probably hate it, but I'd like it.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Power Plant no 33, from Japan Animatir Expo is something in that manner.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Marciosss wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm Power Plant no 33, from Japan Animatir Expo is something in that manner.
I am totally going to watch this as soon as I can.
He Jock it Made of Steel

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla vs Evangelion made Shin pretty much a straight hero without changing him too much.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I feel the concept of Shin can easily work in a heroic evolution. In its solo film it never attacked things directly, it always responded to attacks onto it and seemed to be a creature of suffering off its own evolution. Put a greater evil in the setting and Shin stands against it and think it can easily work to flip its alignment without changing too much.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Marciosss wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm Power Plant no 33, from Japan Animatir Expo is something in that manner.
Hey, someone else knows about that! Was never able to find subtitles but I do like the visuals quite a lot, especially how the kaiju was animated.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Don't you mean Antimatter?