Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Anguirus »

Is there any "Art of" book for either Singular Point or Godzilla: Earth? I could not find any on Amazon, so I'm guessing if there are they would be in Japanese.
Last edited by Anguirus on Tue May 17, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

No but there are the Toho character books. They aren't very big but are full of production art and behind the scenes photos. There's one for Ultima and one for Jet Jaguar. Unfortunately that's probably as close as you're gonna get at the moment. They're pretty cheap if you order them from the Godzilla Store.

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0620096/

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0620097/
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Shenanigans wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:46 pm The Singular Point Guidebook is out. They posted a quick little "flip through" video on Twitter, looks like a colorful book. Probably better for Japanese fans though, I imagine its a lot of recapping and explaining, not to mention details of production/cast & crew interviews.
Thank you and LSD for pointing this book out, I'm definitely going to order it!
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:59 pm No but there are the Toho character books. They aren't very big but are full of production art and behind the scenes photos. There's one for Ultima and one for Jet Jaguar. Unfortunately that's probably as close as you're gonna get at the moment. They're pretty cheap if you order them from the Godzilla Store.

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0620096/

https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0620097/
Thanks for linking those! Wow, the Godzilla Store seems really cool! Having all those Japanese merchandise!

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Godzilla Singular Point novelization listed on Amazon Japan, to be released July 26.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087900819

EDIT

Official announcement:
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/ ... 3239867393
Last edited by Gotschiller on Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Interesting enough a few tweets suggest that the novel will have another layer of story. Maybe more monsters?

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Looks like SP is getting a spin-off novel written by the anime series writer:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 26/.186443

Interesting that is a new story instead of just a novelization of the anime. Not too hopeful that we'll get a translation anytime soon, but maybe its a sign season 2 is around the corner?
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

darkcancer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:01 am Looks like SP is getting a spin-off novel written by the anime series writer:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 26/.186443

Interesting that is a new story instead of just a novelization of the anime. Not too hopeful that we'll get a translation anytime soon, but maybe its a sign season 2 is around the corner?
This awfully seems like the type of thing that leads into a larger announcement. At the very least, it shows that they're interested in the SP brand, and want to continue it.

I have zero interests in translating it (and can't), but I'll get the novel, pick through it, and ask my wife If there's anything interesting going on.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Okay, I originally intended to put this on this thread, but I ended up putting it in non-spoiler section by mistake. So here's what I have to say on this show.

I know I've said this elsewhere, but I have finished enduring season 1 and here's what I have to say about this show : I unapologetically and wholeheartedly dislike it. I'll admit that I went in figuring I was gonna feel that way, but there were so many elements to the show that missed with me, that it didn't take long to get confirmed. Even if I came freshly to watch this show without knowing of it beforehand, I'd still hate it.

The writers clearly liked getting off on lecturing the audience on butt-loads of mathematical jargon and gobbledygook. All episodes combined make for a 5-hour physics lecture with bits of kaiju action tossed in. If there is appeal to be found in doing so, I'm guessing it's because it correlates with the kaiju being entities beyond any understanding of conventional science. In addition, it may provide a source of intellectual stimulation for anyone who likes things kept vague and ambiguous. I understand it may be the preference of many fans (including here), but it simply isn't mine.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

What was up with Tilda's eyes? As the only character with crazy colored eyes, there has to be something there.
Note: Okati has crazy eyes, but they are definitely a feature - not a bug!

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

The novelization seems to be available in some places already. If anybody here gets it, let us know if there is interesting new stuff in it.

https://twitter.com/junkuike_bunbun/sta ... 7637736450
Hi!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Dang, doesn't look like there's a digital version :( Those are tremendously helpful when it comes to try and transcribe text for quicker translating. Curious to hear if there's any neat stuff in the book! Might order it anyway just to peek the pages...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Here are some spoilers of Novelization of Godzilla SP.
Spoiler:
1.It is implied that Rodan were originally some kind of fish-like creature.

2.For those who managed to witness the final battle between Jet Jaguar and Godzilla Ultima,some referred Jet Jaguar as “The Giant of Light.”

3.In the end,Pero 2 speculated that the first Godzilla was defeated Oxygen Destroyer as the name could be found in some of Dr.Ashihara’s notes.

3.Instead of being teased of Mechagodzilla/Robo-Godzilla,the Novelization teased us of King Ghidorah. After the main event ends, there was a news said that a strange looking fish was found, the fish was gold in color, has three heads and a pair of wing-like fins. The fish reminded Ootaki of another ancient painting which portrayed a three headed dragon breathing lightnings from its mouth.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Huh. Wonder if that means we'll finally see both Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah together on screen in Season 2?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

BennettCommando wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:16 am Here are some spoilers of Novelization of Godzilla SP.
Spoiler:
1. It is implied that Rodan were originally some kind of fish-like creature.

Spoiler:
It make sense. Rodan, Godzilla and Anguirius (by theway, firstly i thoug that he evolve from Rodan corpse) had teeth on palatum, like some fishes.

About Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla, i don't want them in SP. In first seaosn they sucesfully use some less know monsters, and bring mothra in minor cameo. This was great. Orga, Megaguirus, MOGERA, Dagagra this mosnters would work very good in SP.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Knowing how this show has gone with its kaiju so far, they’d probably just take Ghidorah and turn him into a form of Godzilla. They’ll call him Godzilla Tricephalos or something like that.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm ^Knowing how this show has gone with its kaiju so far, they’d probably just take Ghidorah and turn him into a form of Godzilla. They’ll call him Godzilla Tricephalos or something like that.
Nah, apparently they just do that with less popular monsters. Maybe Toho thought Varan, Titano and Gorosaurus weren't popular enough for a comeback but wanted their likeliness somehow.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Would be fun to see the likes of Gezora in the second season, if they want to continue featuring the less popular kaiju.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm
Nah, apparently they just do that with less popular monsters. Maybe Toho thought Varan, Titano and Gorosaurus weren't popular enough for a comeback but wanted their likeliness somehow.
That is a leading reason for me hating this show.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm ^Knowing how this show has gone with its kaiju so far, they’d probably just take Ghidorah and turn him into a form of Godzilla. They’ll call him Godzilla Tricephalos or something like that.
From interviews it seems like they wanted them but didn't know how to fit them in, so creating new forms of G was easier.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

imposterzilla wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 pm From interviews it seems like they wanted them but didn't know how to fit them in, so creating new forms of G was easier.
Gotta cut corners right? They just had to put all the effort into making all the mathematical gobbledygook that passes for the plot.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.